Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Grapplejack posted:

NEW ISAAC OPINIONS:

New enemies are bad, I hate them
New Boss is maybe the worst thing ever
Stop giving these enemies so much loving HP!!!!

all of that can be forgiven, however, because the new character is a loving blast to play.

It ticks me off that with every expansion BoI got closer and closer to some dumbass hardcore community mod that only 4 people would actually wanna play but now it's just irreversibly the game bc of how it's designed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

Everything about Sonic Mania continues to be the best Sonic has ever been
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYEmRHFolvM

Where's Amy

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

chumbler posted:

The only thing worse is no hit stun or flinching on bosses in action games.

well what if there's no hitstun but you can make them flinch under the right circumstances, and also they'll run out of stamina sometimes and give you a window to go hard as a motherfucker for a few seconds

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Looper posted:

Where's Amy

amy's cool in sonic advance so i'd replay mania if she were added

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

In Training posted:

It ticks me off that with every expansion BoI got closer and closer to some dumbass hardcore community mod that only 4 people would actually wanna play but now it's just irreversibly the game bc of how it's designed.

They really should just add items and synergies and stop there. Every endboss they’ve added since the Lamb has been tedious and terrible

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

convenience store food chat: my wife and I used to get hotdogs at 7-Eleven like every day when we were poor because they were like 3 for a dollar at the one where we lived at the time, we'd pile on all the toppings and get a big bag of chips. After we moved away from there I don't think we ate hotdogs again for like 5 years.

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

Wawa is the best gas station food place.

Rutters edges it out overall for sheer variety if nothing else imo. As far as subs go though, Wawa can't be beat.

lol Sheetz is not at all better than Wawa.

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

al-azad posted:

But not offering the option to turn it off in the 99% of the time you’re not playing multiplayer or currently using it just feels arrogant.

E: *presses share button > controller light > turn this poo poo off*

Hire me Sony!
Just have it fully replace the share button. God that thing is awful if you accidentally hit it. Edit: Outside the PS4 it's just a really lovely designed select button but on the PS4 it's garbage.

The official reason you can't shut off the light bar is VR. Seriously.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The Colonel posted:

amy's cool in sonic advance so i'd replay mania if she were added
they should just make an amy game instead, IMO

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

labo y'allabo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gcsFGIViJIY

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Makes it sound like an undertale song.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

In Training posted:

they put so much poo poo into that game that is just never told to you and i never want to play it again in my life

al-azad
May 28, 2009

raditts posted:

convenience store food chat: my wife and I used to get hotdogs at 7-Eleven like every day when we were poor because they were like 3 for a dollar at the one where we lived at the time, we'd pile on all the toppings and get a big bag of chips. After we moved away from there I don't think we ate hotdogs again for like 5 years.

Same. Also I'd load up the nachos and get a couple $1 half tea cans.

In hindsight, I wouldn't have been a poor college kid if I just went to the grocery store where a family pack of hotdogs and a gallon sugar water would be $8 max.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
i was a frugal college kid but spent my savings from eating salads and >making my own food on

you guessed it

nintendo ds, phoenix wright, and pokemon mystery dungeon

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Doom Goon posted:

Just have it fully replace the share button. God that thing is awful if you accidentally hit it. Edit: Outside the PS4 it's just a really lovely designed select button but on the PS4 it's garbage.

The official reason you can't shut off the light bar is VR. Seriously.

You can change the share button to not bring up the menu unless you double tap

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

yeah its better that way because then single tap becomes screenshot, which makes it easier to take screenshots on reaction

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I still don't know if this whole VR thing is going to take off more or less as is, but I can certainly say I'm thankful for the amount of exercise I'm getting from the likes of BoxVR and Beat Saber

did i say thankful, i meant ow my lungs

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

https://twitter.com/pcwzrd13/status/992167503123156992?s=19

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

I still don't know if this whole VR thing is going to take off more or less as is, but I can certainly say I'm thankful for the amount of exercise I'm getting from the likes of BoxVR and Beat Saber

did i say thankful, i meant ow my lungs
I don't have boxvr, but beat saber is real good

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

I hate to break it to this random twitter person, but you can have too many Dreamcasts

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

cheetah7071 posted:

I hate to break it to this random twitter person, but you can have too many Dreamcasts
wrong, but I'm not going to take a photo of my crate full of dreamcasts. maybe I'll show my cardboard box full of sega genesisi though

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

homeless snail posted:

I don't have boxvr, but beat saber is real good

id say boxvr is the better workout just because you're striking instead of swinging a vr lever but beat saber is way more fun and i cannot loving wait for the day that user content becomes available

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

The White Dragon posted:

i was a frugal college kid but spent my savings from eating salads and >making my own food on

you guessed it

nintendo ds, phoenix wright, and pokemon mystery dungeon

thought you were going to say weed tbh

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

like current gen vr is an absurdly expensive toy atm, sure, I get that, but i see stuff like this and, well

it's the most "this is the future and it's pretty cool after all :unsmith:" i've felt in a long while

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV1sw4lfwFw

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 07:17 on May 4, 2018

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

raditts posted:

lol Sheetz is not at all better than Wawa.

Get a load of this guy

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

codenameFANGIO posted:

thought you were going to say weed tbh

video games are better than weed tbh

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

cheetah7071 posted:

video games are better than weed tbh

They are best if combined.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I tried weed a few times and completely failed to get high so either I'm genetically resistant to THB (which is apparently a real thing?) or I'm a massive fuckup at weed

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Well I sat down in this cat cafe and this cat won't get up from my lap so I guess that's the end of my Yakuza 6 playthrough, time to start God of War

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Well I sat down in this cat cafe and this cat won't get up from my lap so I guess that's the end of my Yakuza 6 playthrough, time to start God of War

I'm pretty sure you live in the cat cafe now

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

cheetah7071 posted:

I tried weed a few times and completely failed to get high so either I'm genetically resistant to THB (which is apparently a real thing?) or I'm a massive fuckup at weed

Theres your problem, u want the weed with thc, not b!

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

Theres your problem, u want the weed with thc, not b!

:newlol:

but yea could be a huge number of things depending on the weed you tried, some strains are really mild on the high

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://i.imgur.com/nvQC8Ie.mp4

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Ciaphas posted:

id say boxvr is the better workout just because you're striking instead of swinging a vr lever but beat saber is way more fun and i cannot loving wait for the day that user content becomes available
I do have soundboxing and yeah that's more of a workout than beat saber for sure, although the higher end modes in beat saber get pretty intense

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

why is it suddenly like 6 free weekends all at the same time on steam

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've dived into Viva Pinata and it's an absolutely beautiful game filled with charm yet somehow super stressful. I keep on trying to beat up pinatas with my shovel to stop them eating my worms but they won't stop :(

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

do not interfere with the circle of life, or put your worms inside fences

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qczr6Z2qtpE

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

homeless snail posted:

do not interfere with the circle of life, or put your worms inside fences

Sparrowmints are the main predator of whirlims and they don't give a gently caress about fences.

Rarity posted:

I've dived into Viva Pinata and it's an absolutely beautiful game filled with charm yet somehow super stressful. I keep on trying to beat up pinatas with my shovel to stop them eating my worms but they won't stop :(

Sadly there's no way to stop predation other than having two of the predator in your garden so wild ones don't show up. A nice thing they added in the sequel was the ability to ban pinatas from your garden if you achieve master romancer with them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
This Fat Cat At Large book is already starting off great. The main protag walks into a vet clinic with her cat and she starts describing how hot the vet is and then the vet is all "hey your cat is fat and he's unhealthy, you need to put him on a diet" and she immediately switches gears to "well I guess he's not that hot"

• Locked thread