Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

A Sometimes Food posted:

....... so Poe2 is the small patch of clear screen between his head and logo?

Dude still has a show to run, he gets much smaller when he switches to gameplay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

He says it’s about 15-20 mins of story info when you start a new game, so there will be that, then at least an hour of character creation cause he plans on going through all options for theorycrafters, in case any of y’all wanna plan around that.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Enigmatic Cakelord posted:

Dude still has a show to run, he gets much smaller when he switches to gameplay.

Okay was worried, I've seen some streamers that just stay like that.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I don't think all of the old companions were represented in the legacy. Some of the ones that were were kinda interesting. Devil of Caroc's endings didn't make her seem like she had much of a future

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

The intro is really cool and well done, great way to catch new players up to speed.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Went the Divinity route with voiced narration and by the amazing Ashley Johnson!!

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

They werent kidding with full VO, goddamn

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

frajaq posted:

They werent kidding with full VO, goddamn
Speaking of the Divinity route, is there a cheese vendor?

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

What a short game.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)
I love alternate game overs.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Haha that ending, choosing to enter the Wheel instead of serving Berath and being reborn is a valid option and ends the run

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

I love alternate game overs.

Was almost wondering if there was like an alternate Wael or Skaen route from that. But that's funny too.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Valid speedrun strats

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

I guess I'm out of this thread till I get a chance to play the final game next Thursday. Have fun folks!

Enigmatic Cakelord
Jun 16, 2006

ASARI EYEBROWS

frajaq posted:

Haha that ending, choosing to enter the Wheel instead of serving Berath and being reborn is a valid option and ends the run

Ball is in your court, euphoric Eora atheist. Checkmate. :smugdog:

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Character creation is starting now if that’s your jam.
Oh god this streamer pronounces a bunch of things wrong, I’m so petty but it drives me insane.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Hidden endings/nonstandard game-overs like that own. It's really pleasing that you're allowed to just say no.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Man with the updated graphics the godlike really do inspire a sort of otherworldly awe in me, rope kid please give kudos to the art team

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.

frajaq posted:

That's cool. I dig that.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I am at work already, so will there be a vod?

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

marshmallow creep posted:

vod should be on his youtube later

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Milli posted:

Man with the updated graphics the godlike really do inspire a sort of otherworldly awe in me, rope kid please give kudos to the art team

I was gonna say, the godlike models are gorgeous.

Also the way Orlan ears flick is adorable.

Pretty lame he want with a bog standard meadowfolk.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

marshmallow creep posted:

definitely

he's taking the very very slow route of going through every single character customization and class option

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

"هذا ليس عادلاً."
"هذا ليس عادلاً على الإطلاق."
"كان هناك وقت الآن."
(السياق الخفي: للقراءة)

A Sometimes Food posted:

I was gonna say, the godlike models are gorgeous.

Also the way Orlan ears flick is adorable.

Pretty lame he want with a bog standard meadowfolk.

And I really don't know why? He was a wood elf for POE 1.

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
Chanter gets to summon an adult dragon as a level 9 ability

:getin:

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Hey guys, gently caress multi classing, some of these high level talents are crazy

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

frajaq posted:

Lmao rope kid talked about a gag ending they discussed for New Vegas where you could go home to California through the gate at Mojave Outpost, looks like they finally did it

E: I'm sorry, when you say Chanters can summon a dragon, do you mean a dragon as opposed to a drake? Jeepers H Crackers.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Why isn't it the 8th yet, this stream is not helping

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

frajaq posted:

definitely

he's taking the very very slow route of going through every single character customization and class option

Can't wait to pore over this vod so I don't have to when I'm actually making my guy

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

I don't get the L9 Cipher ability that causes Terrified and Hobble for 18 sec to one target. Like that seems really bad for a L9?

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

That high level Fighter passive :stare:

Chopping Wood makes every hit turn into a crit

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

GrandpaPants posted:

I don't get the L9 Cipher ability that causes Terrified and Hobble for 18 sec to one target. Like that seems really bad for a L9?

IIRC terrified is much more potent in Deadfire, as in enemies literally poo poo their pants and can't do anything at all

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Milli posted:

Hey guys, gently caress multi classing, some of these high level talents are crazy

WHERE IS THE LIST

I NEED THE LIST

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Captain Oblivious posted:

WHERE IS THE LIST

I NEED THE LIST

e:

Entropy238 posted:

IIRC terrified is much more potent in Deadfire, as in enemies literally poo poo their pants and can't do anything at all
They can't advance towards the caster and can't use any active abilities at all, iirc.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Ravenfood posted:

They can't advance towards the caster and can't use any active abilities at all, iirc.

Isn't this what Mental Binding does though? Or did they nerf that spell since it was so ludicrous in POE1?

Edit: Oh hey Priests get Arcane Veil. Neato.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Huh, did PoE 1 only let your priest worship those gods? I forget.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

A Sometimes Food posted:

Huh, did PoE 1 only let your priest worship those gods? I forget.

Yup

Entropy238
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib

2house2fly posted:

E: I'm sorry, when you say Chanters can summon a dragon, do you mean a dragon as opposed to a drake? Jeepers H Crackers.

Yup, it specifically says adult dragon, meaning one of the massive ones

A Beckoner can probably get two.

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

GrandpaPants posted:

Isn't this what Mental Binding does though? Or did they nerf that spell since it was so ludicrous in POE1?

Priests of Wael, specifically. That left-most column was the bonus spells they get based on their chosen god.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

GrandpaPants posted:

Yeah mental binding was nerfed into the ground in several different ways. In the most recent beta at least it was six seconds of paralyze for three secodns of cast time and three seconds of recovery, and the effect of paralyze is much less too.

• Locked thread