Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

drgitlin posted:

As much poo poo as everyone gives ESPN—and I got several emails about the fact they didn’t show quali this weekend—I’m actually loving it. The Apple TV app has had all the sessions live (and replays) and the fact they don’t interrupt the races with as breaks has really boosted my enjoyment of the season. Plus I don’t have to listen to Leigh Diffey’s relentless boosterism.

It’s odd, I really don’t mind NBC’s IndyCar coverage (including Diffey); maybe it’s because the alternative was terrible ABC/ESPN coverage? Yet for F1 it was horrid compared to Channel 4 or Sky.

I will fight anyone to the death that thinks Brundle/Croft is better than hooowhoawhoah guys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
The ESPN website is total trash and takes way too long to find the stream you want, but otherwise has been pretty nice and reliable and good quality.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I have been paying for and getting F1 coverage from an app called DAZN (which is in Germany, Canada, and Japan) and which has live streaming of soccer, baseball, and more. So I’ve gotten Japanese announcers over the world feed, which is fine (even “studying” to a degree!) and it’s in an app I can Chromecast to my TV.

The WEC app is similarly Good, but I think the gold standard for TV coverage and app integration is still MotoGP. Their “No Spoilers” mode is a godsend.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

drgitlin posted:

As much poo poo as everyone gives ESPN—and I got several emails about the fact they didn’t show quali this weekend—I’m actually loving it.

They did show qualifying on ESPN2, but apparently there was some kind of a mix up where qualifying wasn't listed on many people's TV guides. I think apart from Australia, ESPN's coverage has been exactly what I wanted as an F1 fan. The ad breaks in years past really took a lot of enjoyment out of watching the race. Not to mention NBC spending their sweet time showing random b-roll every time they went in and out of the ad breaks.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Oh maaaaaaaan give me Diffey on IMSA again.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Linky broken, try this one

http://racer.com/2018/04/30/imsa-moving-to-nbc-sports-in-2019/

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Racer is updating their site and the transition is going...

About as smooth as Sebring :haw:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
There's a motoGP viewing party at COTA but the race is 7 am our time so gently caress that.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
This weekend:

All times EDT

WEC is at Spa-Francorchamps
LMP1, LMP2, GTE Pro, GTE Am

IMSA is at Mid Ohio
P, GTLM, GTD - WeatherTech Championship
GS, TCR, ST - Conti Challenge
Porsche GT3 Cup
Lambo Super Trofeo

Blancpain is at Brands Hatch
GT3 - Blancpain Sprint Series
GT4 - GT4 European Series

e: i think there's superGT too but i dont follow that as actively

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

I don't know times but I believe Super GT is the 500km race at Fuji.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018
Yes it's at Fuji.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
I'm gonna be at Mid-Ohio on Saturday and Sunday, hopefully dodging the rain slated for Friday. Otherwise the weekend should be nice, with a chance for late-race CHAOS:

an oddly awful oud
May 1, 2008

all my friends are pieces of shit

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

I'm gonna be at Mid-Ohio on Saturday and Sunday, hopefully dodging the rain slated for Friday. Otherwise the weekend should be nice, with a chance for late-race CHAOS:

Rain makes for entertainment but thunderstorms on race day are hateful, getting the black flag for lightning in a timed race is just pure poo poo

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

njsykora posted:

I don't know times but I believe Super GT is the 500km race at Fuji.

The race should be starting in two hours or so. I couldn't make it out there this year :smith:

lovestick
Feb 11, 2006

~30303030303~

Watching Super GT to get my FAST HEIKKI fix right now on NismoTV.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Has anyone else had a problem subscribing to the WEC streaming this year? I just bought the season pack through the Android app but my account doesn't seem to have updated.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
Are you located in the US?

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
Nope, and it turns out I had to logout and back into the app, hit 'Restore' when it prompted me to buy the sub again and I'm good to go. :toot:

tuo
Jun 17, 2016

Meh, no more Porsche Supercup at the DTM race this weekend....also no WRX....sad

Space Butler
Dec 3, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Lol, Manor.

https://www.ginetta.com/news/ginetta-statement-on-6-hours-of-spa-francorchamps

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/CautionClock20/status/992405236013727744
He apparently broke both legs :stonk:

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

I saw some tweets from people at the track, it’s unclear from that clip but apparently it took the front end down to the safety cell.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I like how the camera guy is like "i'm gonna put the camera here, because that's where momentum will naturally take the car" and then the car never showed up.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

By the looks of things, he may have had an engine failure? If that was the case, then he lost power steering and welp, nothing but a passenger at that point.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

iospace posted:

By the looks of things, he may have had an engine failure? If that was the case, then he lost power steering and welp, nothing but a passenger at that point.

Do his headlights flash just before he loses it? Electrical glitch maybe? Regardless, I'm not real impressed with the safety of that car if he broke both legs in that impact.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The Kimoa Kid posted:

Do his headlights flash just before he loses it? Electrical glitch maybe? Regardless, I'm not real impressed with the safety of that car if he broke both legs in that impact.

They do, and there's two smoke clouds, a brown one while still on track (which may be from the driver) and a white one just before the barriers.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

having a mechanical/electrical failure at apex at eau rouge, jesus christ

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
That was a massively hard stop too, nearly all the momentum gone all at once, he didn't drift much farther than the impact.

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

ESPN’s headline about Fittipaldi is something like “Pietro Fittipaldi breaks legs during Alonso’s WEC debut” and I can’t fathom being enough of a piece of poo poo to write that.

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
imsa practice just got red flagged for an isolated t-storm. glad i'm heading out there tomorrow and not there today

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Good lord that’s a bad hit for Pietro, hope it’s not as bad as sounds and he can recover quickly.

If it’s two broken legs that means he’ll lose out on WEC, IndyCar and Super Formula rides this season.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Coulda been worse, if that wreck happened 10 years ago, the front of the car would have come off and Pietro would be sans legs.

Racing safety has made massive strides, which is good, racing kills way too many good drivers.

Wirth1000
May 12, 2010

#essereFerrari

orange juche posted:

Coulda been worse, if that wreck happened 10 years ago, the front of the car would have come off and Pietro would be sans legs.

Racing safety has made massive strides, which is good, racing kills way too many good drivers.

But I'm still alive....?
....oh....

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Wirth1000 posted:

But I'm still alive....?
....oh....

You're posting from beyond the grave

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hihEhsdwiIk

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

MazeOfTzeentch posted:

imsa practice just got red flagged for an isolated t-storm. glad i'm heading out there tomorrow and not there today

I live an hour west of the track and never saw a cloud in the sky today, that sure is isolated

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
They are letting Maldonado do the start?

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

That's so WEC.
The #7 didn't even leave the pits before the first safety car.
It was an LMGTE-Am too.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Petrov actually having a drive and being the slowest LMP1 driver summarises racing in general quite nicely.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So wec is in 10 minutes, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Oh no baby it’s on right now!

https://www.fiawec.com/en/live