Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
In addition to the scummy stuff mentioned, doesn't Destiny 2 have cosmetics that only last for a limited amount of time? I mean that is like deep level f2p BS that I don't think anyone besides them would dare do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Save your $12 to help you buy goty Monster Hunter World when it hits PC.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i really like r-type final's atmosphere and its weird stage gimmicks but its design is really goddamn tedious, it moves way too slow for checkpoints to not be horrible. i'll probably just drift through it with invincibility cause it's more fun for all the weird stuff it does than for being an actually well-built shmup like gradius v or r-type delta

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Didn't the first Destiny 2 expansion raise the level cap on one of the raids in the base game, forcing players to buy the expansion and raise their level if they wanted to do content they previously had access too?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MechaSeinfeld posted:

This thread has dedicated more time toward destiny 2 than it deserves.

Im looking forward to spending my long weekend starting God of War :cheers:

Im still playing the RE REvelations 2 raid mode for some reason and just unlocked a cyber ghost that can only use a samurai sword.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is the sword also a ghost?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

glam rock hamhock posted:

In addition to the scummy stuff mentioned, doesn't Destiny 2 have cosmetics that only last for a limited amount of time? I mean that is like deep level f2p BS that I don't think anyone besides them would dare do.

it’s got the overwatch thing of some stuff only being available during events is that what you mean?

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

In Training posted:

Im still playing the RE REvelations 2 raid mode for some reason and just unlocked a cyber ghost that can only use a samurai sword.

The Capcom x Sega humble bundle that had REmake and Code Veronica coupled with the psn sale with all the RE games on sale has got me thinking I should play other ones that aren't just RE4.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Cowcaster posted:

it’s got the overwatch thing of some stuff only being available during events is that what you mean?

No I mean it has some cosmetic stuff that you can only use a limited amount of times and then you lose it and have to try and get it again

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

MechaSeinfeld posted:

The Capcom x Sega humble bundle that had REmake and Code Veronica coupled with the psn sale with all the RE games on sale has got me thinking I should play other ones that aren't just RE4.

the only classic REs you need to play are REmake and 2 tbh

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

No I mean it has some cosmetic stuff that you can only use a limited amount of times and then you lose it and have to try and get it again

haha gently caress this game

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

oh it's got gun/armor dyes that get used up when you apply them, but it shits so many on you the actual problem is they clog up your inventory space and you can only delete stacks of like 200 of them one at a time to free up slots

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
my friend will loan me his copy of Bayonetta 2 so i'll prob buy both Bayo 1 and God of War this weekend for Intense Gaming

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Just ordered Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match! I’m very excited to go to jail now thank you

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

:thunk:

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Taintrunner posted:

Just ordered Girls und Panzer: Dream Tank Match! I’m very excited to go to jail now thank you

source your quotes?????

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

MechaSeinfeld posted:

I have played through every resident evil game except the light gun games in the last 6 months or so and I can honestly say the only one that's not worth it is RE6. I freaking love all of these games.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Yeah, dyes for your armor and weapons called shaders. Having dyes be a 1 use thing wouldn't be a huge deal except a) they were unlimited use in Destiny 1 and b) they're a big feature of the real money shop now.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Expect My Mom posted:

a lot of my friends had fun playing destiny 2 and had more fun playing with each other so i think it's a good video game actually

expect my mom im sorry to say but your friends..... are bad

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

al-azad posted:

It’s tyool 2018 and people still don’t take Guybrush’s advice from like 30 years ago.

My backlog is filled with games that were on sale for < $20 that I am totally planning to play someday.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I just found out that the original Leroy Jenkins video was staged. Everything in my life is a lie.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Mordja posted:

I just found out that the original Leroy Jenkins video was staged. Everything in my life is a lie.

i never cared for it, so i feel vindicated :v:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Mordja posted:

Yeah, I felt oddly sad when I found out that it was apparently a clan recruitment video or some poo poo

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Yeah, I felt oddly sad when I found out that it was apparently a clan recruitment video or some poo poo

otoh it just being badly acted erases the fremdschamen from "repeating of course" guy so i say it balances out

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Mordja posted:

Family Guy did a reference to that video and it made me die a bit inside.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i finally just got home from work, all happy for friday and ready to play some bideo games, but i'm just staring and posting instead

weird

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Internet Kraken posted:

Family Guy did a reference to that video and it made me die a bit inside.

Key detail: Family Guy did a reference to that video earlier this year. The year of our lord 2018.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
gently caress! I accidentally reported the Swery Kickstarter thing for fraud because I got a notification from my bank about the suspicious charge. All the charge said was tokyo money transfer and I had no idea what that was so I reported it. Now I might have trouble with Kickstarter and might not have a card for a few days which is really annoying for other reasons. I'm trying to get in touch with my bank but it's late and I'm stuck in hold where I think the loop they are playing over and over is literally ten seconds long and ends with the same message repeated over and over and it's driving me mad.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I can't believe you framed Swery

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

swery is going to jail now but he's not mad at you, just disappointed

MechaSeinfeld
Jan 2, 2008

Swery is going to have to re-release deadly premonition again to pay for court fees thanks a lot.

In Training posted:

I have played through every resident evil game except the light gun games in the last 6 months or so and I can honestly say the only one that's not worth it is RE6. I freaking love all of these games.

The only thing stopping me is that my attempt to play through all of MGS chronologically has failed. MGSV just took the wind out of my sails.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

this just in: Swery has been convicted of kickstarter fraud

the minimum sentence is Triple Death

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

In Training posted:

even orc and umbrella core? え

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
You guys suck

Not nearly as much as Bank of America though

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

You guys suck

Not nearly as much as Bank of America though

20 years ago i went in to my bofa branch to withdraw cash from the teller to go buy a couple games, not having a credit or bank card yet

go to buy the games, the clerk takes one look and says 'uh that's a counterfeit fifty, bro'--and indeed it was

that was one confusing and angry afternoon but i do remember closing my accounts immediately and yelling a lot

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 5, 2018

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

how obvious was the counterfeit that he noticed that quickly

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i don't remember what it actually looked like at this point but it was obvious to him and blindingly obvious to the bank manager when i went back

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

don't even remember what games i eventually got. hope they were good ones, past me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
How much of a monster do you have to be to frame Swery, the purest dev

• Locked thread