Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bogart posted:

remember the Dead Island moba
lol

I was too busy playing the KOF moba

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bogart posted:

remember the Dead Island moba
lol
yeah, I still have 2 invites to it in my steam inventory that I can't get rid of. + two airmech 2 beta invites, a steam community beta invite, Super Monday Night Combat beta invite, and a copy of torchlight. the copy of torchlight is the one people want the least

al-azad
May 28, 2009

i don’t remember any human enemies taking more than one headshot unless you’re talking multiplayer. Infected always go down in one arrow to the head.

Of course the best way to play is to throw poo poo in people’s faces and bash their heads in.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If I got shot in the head I would come back as a ghost and haunt this forum.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

homeless snail posted:

yeah, I still have 2 invites to it in my steam inventory that I can't get rid of. + two airmech 2 beta invites, a steam community beta invite, Super Monday Night Combat beta invite, and a copy of torchlight. the copy of torchlight is the one people want the least

Torchlight 2 was such a disappointment. Not that Torchlight 1 was anything special, but they fixed none of its problems and didn't use the new special thing about the classes for anything interesting except for the engineer, who as I recall was the only good class anyway because they could avoid the whoops you got one shot by a random crit because we didn't think about our defense system at all problem.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:58 on May 5, 2018

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

This is just echochrome smdh

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Help Im Alive posted:

This is just echochrome smdh
similar to, and that's good because they don't make echochrome games anymore

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I got tired of my broken longav and also haven't played overwatch in a year now so I decided to change it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Dedede looks kind of... unfortunate there.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

lol rip I didn't realize that until you mentioned it. I just liked his wide-eyed stare and scared headshaking.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
TLoU may not be for everyone, but I enjoyed it a lot. It has solid story, good atmosphere and some really stunning moments. And it has some flaws. but it is not as repetitive as people say, and if you are afraid of too much combat, play on easy, you'll have a lot of fun.

Basically, since you already have it, try it, if you like it stick with it, if not stop playing. There is a reason the game is popular in general.

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

I started God of War (2018) today and it's pretty good so far but what's caught my attention is how much it builds off the Batman Arkham design structure - specifically Asylum's more linear approach compared to the bloat in later entries. It got me thinking about what a huge influence it has been on the industry since the original came out nearly 9 years ago.

GUI fucked around with this message at 11:18 on May 5, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The whole "mostly linear story missions interconnected by 1-3 larger hub areas that you return to at various points throughout the game" has been around long before Asylum, although God of War does proudly display its influences there. It's used a lot because it works, particularly for action games since the structure helps keep forward momentum.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Never mind about my previous post about finishing Ki No Kuni 2. This kingdom building feature sucks and it's lame as hell that you have to do it in order to progress the story. It's a lame attempt to force you to do side quests and grind.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Viva Pinata didn't click with me once it slowed down so I got started on Wario Ware Smooth Moves for the Wii. It's very fun but also absolutely mental.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hey Eusis Rolf, you just gonna stand there and watch...? Nude...?

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
A man with a blue afro just did disco with a cat dance troupe :psypop:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

A man with a blue afro just did disco with a cat dance troupe :psypop:

Jimmy Thang is a treasure and I wish we had him in a smash game (though I suspect if any warioware character got into smash, it'd be Ashley because iirc she's the most popular warioware character)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

This book seems to be very irresponsible

I looked and this book contains exactly 2 recipes. One is for humans and one is for cats. I'm 8 or so chapters in and one of the plot beats is that the main character's business partner Anna keeps feeding Quincy the Fat Cat/Butterscotch Tabby cookie bars behind the protagonist Chase's back. As a result, Quincy has gained weight and, if this doesn't stop, he will become diabetic because Anna keeps feeding Quincy and is all "oh but he's starving, he's just big boned."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
e: whoops double post

e: ....triple post? ok I dunno how I managed to do that, whatever.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Mordja posted:

I just found out that the original Leroy Jenkins video was staged. Everything in my life is a lie.

I didn't know anyone actually thought it was real.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Raxivace posted:

If I got shot in the head I would come back as a ghost and haunt this forum.

You've learned my posting secret

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

FirstAidKite posted:

Jimmy Thang is a treasure and I wish we had him in a smash game (though I suspect if any warioware character got into smash, it'd be Ashley because iirc she's the most popular warioware character)

For a short time she was the mascot of a micro-transaction hell.

quote:

Then one day a little while later… the creature eventually brought a swimsuit.

“It’s fine, it’s fine! Everybody is wearing them!”

“If you put this on you can become an even more popular person!”

Then the girl finally realised… this creature is a demon that appears in dreams.

She probably made more money through MTX than the majority of B-Tier 3DS games did.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm not sure if you could make a full Smash moveset out of any of the WarioWare guys but you could maybe combine them all into a single character

i'm looking forward to the 3DS game in July

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Help Im Alive posted:

I'm not sure if you could make a full Smash moveset out of any of the WarioWare guys but you could maybe combine them all into a single character

i'm looking forward to the 3DS game in July

Captain Falcon has been a character since the beginning, they could come up with a moveset for anyone

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
HE'S GOT A BROTHER WITH A YELLOW AFRO WHO BOOGIES WITH DOGS BEST GAME OF 2007 LOCKED IN

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mz1_3az6Hgs

Convex
Aug 19, 2010
I hated that boss. And this is coming from someone that beat O&S without summoning in DS1 and enjoyed it.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Same

Music good though

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I love the Souls games but 90% of the boss music all sounds the same to me

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
I'm about to get on a 14 hour flight to Tokyo. Gonna play some Darkest Dungeon. I'm sort of wishing I'd gotten Tropical Freeze for the flight too but I'm finding it hard to spend $60 on a several year old platformer...

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Rarity posted:

HE'S GOT A BROTHER WITH A YELLOW AFRO WHO BOOGIES WITH DOGS BEST GAME OF 2007 LOCKED IN

That's not his brother

That's just a random dude who happens to look the same :v:

He does have a brother tho, and a sister and mom and dad who all love disco

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

PantsBandit posted:

I'm about to get on a 14 hour flight to Tokyo. Gonna play some Darkest Dungeon. I'm sort of wishing I'd gotten Tropical Freeze for the flight too but I'm finding it hard to spend $60 on a several year old platformer...

Near as I can tell Tropical Freeze is basically identical to the Wii U version (the load times haven't been improved that significantly and the bosses are still irritating damage sponges). Near as I can tell the only real difference is the ability to play as Funky Kong who makes the game slightly easier. In that mode items cost less, you can double jump and hover, have an extra heart, are immune to spikes and can breathe underwater indefinitely like in the classic DKC games.

Otherwise if you've already played the game there isn't a whole lot about the Switch version that makes it particularly worth picking up.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 19:42 on May 5, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Core-a gaming is such a pro yt channel

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Larryb posted:

Near as I can tell Tropical Freeze is basically identical to the Wii U version (the load times haven't been improved that significantly and the bosses are still irritating damage sponges). Near as I can tell the only real difference is the ability to play as Funky Kong who makes the game slightly easier. In that mode items cost less, you can double jump and hover, have an extra heart, are immune to spikes and can breathe underwater indefinitely like in the classic DKC games.

Otherwise if you've already played the game there isn't a whole lot about the Switch version that makes it particularly worth picking up.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Larryb posted:

Near as I can tell Tropical Freeze is basically identical to the Wii U version

congrats to the kong family, on their goty

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Yeah it's probably one of the best platformers ever made so idk I might buy it again on switch for my main monkey funky kong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj7K2Bql6D4

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

You didn't like the insanely boring naughty dog game where Nathan drake is afraid of zombies? Hope your Brain is ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Baldur’s Gate is now the piece of media I own the most, at five copies, supplanting Resident Evil 4

• Locked thread