Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Basic Chunnel posted:

Yeah Cohhh has been playing for what 16-20 hours? And has at this point enough Berath Buxx to start a game with a few of the lower level bonuses or just one of the big ones.

I don't think he's even recruited all the companions yet...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

GrandpaPants posted:

I don't think he's even recruited all the companions yet...

it's fun watching the devs squirm at the discord that he gets too sidetracked to get the other companions

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

frajaq posted:

it's fun watching the devs squirm at the discord that he gets too sidetracked to get the other companions

Isn't that a good thing? The side content being that distracting.

Cheston
Jul 17, 2012

(he's got a good thing going)

frajaq posted:

I love how he walked past Pallegina twice before the chat told him to go back

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

CottonWolf posted:

Isn't that a good thing? The side content being that distracting.

It is but I still pity the fool what don't know to follow the gat dang crit path til you have the full party :colbert:

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Ha, sounds like Obs didn’t learn their lesson from Eder’s recruitment in PoE1

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Lack of access to gunner and marksman passives for non-rangers is a bigger issue.

Oh poo poo, you're right. Definitely doing a Ranger/Rogue then.

Or maybe Ranger/Fighter. I really want access to Armored Grace :arghfist::(

Fake Edit: Hey Beta-Havers does the Fighter's Two Handed Style apply to ranged weapons that are Two-Handed?

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
u👏only👏get👏to👏side👏quest👏when👏u👏have👏all👏companions👏binch

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Captain Oblivious posted:

It is but I still pity the fool what don't know to follow the gat dang crit path til you have the full party :colbert:

He does have a full party and has had so for a while, unless you mean recruiting people just to send them to the ship.

Octo1
May 7, 2009

Kith posted:

Oh poo poo, you're right. Definitely doing a Ranger/Rogue then.

Or maybe Ranger/Fighter. I really want access to Armored Grace :arghfist::(

Fake Edit: Hey Beta-Havers does the Fighter's Two Handed Style apply to ranged weapons that are Two-Handed?

Weapon style talents aren't fighter exclusive anymore, but yes, they all apply to ranged weapons.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Captain Oblivious posted:

Are all of the companions along the main quest? They weren't in PoE1.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Vargs posted:

Are all of the companions along the main quest? They weren't in PoE1.
They were though? I mean, if you wanted all companions as soon as possible you'd have to go out of your way to get to them. But if you followed the base game's & WM's main quests, you'd get to them all eventually. Pallegina being the exception.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

FunkMonkey posted:

My mistake on will, but thanks for the response. That makes Fanatic a more appealing multiclass option for me.
You don't even need to multiclass, just smoke svef everyday.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Wizard Styles posted:

You don't even need to multiclass, just smoke svef everyday.

Fully planned on multiclassing my imported Bleak Walker in any case, was just vacillating between Berserker Fanatic and Soul Blade Inquisitor. Probably going to try the former first for maximum Rip n' Tear.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Cohh finally found Tekehu :v:

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Daztek posted:

Cohh finally found Tekehu :v:
Did they gently caress yet?

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Raygereio posted:

They were though? I mean, if you wanted all companions as soon as possible you'd have to go out of your way to get to them. But if you followed the base game's & WM's main quests, you'd get to them all eventually. Pallegina being the exception.

Grieving Mother and Pallegina were in optional side areas. Sagani and Hiravias were in zones that you had to go through, but they were wide open generic wilderness maps where you could easily miss them if you didn't scour the whole area. I could see people missing Zahua as well. Don't remember how you recruit Maneha since she is aggressively uninteresting.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Vargs posted:

Grieving Mother and Pallegina were in optional side areas. Sagani and Hiravias were in zones that you had to go through, but they were wide open generic wilderness maps where you could easily miss them if you didn't scour the whole area. I could see people missing Zahua as well. Don't remember how you recruit Maneha since she is aggressively uninteresting.

She was in the town by the Ondra temple,
straightforward talk and recruit. I also did her quest and never touched her again.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Realized that my Bleak Walker play through had hit a bug where Hiravias was somehow killed before I could recruit him, his corpse laying forever on the ridge of Stormwall Gorge, taunting me. Hope that doesn’t affect too much in the sequel

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Wizard Styles posted:

Did they gently caress yet?

no but you can flirt him from the get-go

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Someone mind spoiling the exact locations of Pallegina, aloth, xoti, and Tekehu?

I hope that when Tekehu introduces himself you can respond "bless you!"

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Vargs posted:

Yeah, Pallegina is the exception like I said. She's not along the critical path. But Grieving Mom is in Dyrford Village, which you have to go through for the MQ. Granted, she's in a little corner by herself, but she's marked of the map. Sagani is placed besides the road and Maneha in the middle Stalwart Village, you really can't miss them.

Thinking about it, you're right about Zahua & Hiravias, though. They're both misseable if you don't explore the map completely.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Someone mind spoiling the exact locations of Pallegina, aloth, xoti, and Tekehu?

I hope that when Tekehu introduces himself you can respond "bless you!"

Here's all companions Cohh got so far, tried to keep spoiler free as possible

Edér - Literally first person you talk to after opening sequence

Xoti - First city (Port Maje) in starting island, near Readcerans refugees/Dawnstar people

Aloth - Engwithan Digsite in starting island, part of critical path quest, after you open cage in the middle of ruins

Serafen - First ship encounter after you get yours repaired and set sail from starting island

Teheku - Watershaper’s Guild in Periki’s Overlook in Neketaka

Pallegina was met in Neketaka port but not able to be recruited so far

Maia Rua was not met yet

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.
Gotta stop watching this stream. I don't want to be spoiled on anything significant with the main story or side quests. Only 45 hours left. :livintrope:

Also Obsidian should have added upgrades to higher editions on Steam. After watching the stream I want to shell out even more :20bux: to them.

The lighting in this game is really nice.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Octo1 posted:

Weapon style talents aren't fighter exclusive anymore, but yes, they all apply to ranged weapons.

YES GOOD

Eraflure
Oct 12, 2012

Octo1 posted:

Whaaaat? Arquebuses benefit from 2H style now?

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I maintain that pistol + weapon could easily end up being real strong. Most attacks in the game now are primary attacks, not full attacks, meaning they're better with a two hander (or one real good one hander). The dual weapon talent is still incredibly good. Pistol + weapon basically lets you combine these two - you'd be using one real good one hander and a pistol, meaning in melee you're swinging with dual weapon training speed, but only ever hitting with your one real good one hander. It's basically just trading single weapon training's accuracy for the speed. The pistol in its own weird way is almost incidental.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

In Deadfire the new max level is 20 and max power level is 9. Is that reflective of the additional content in Deadfire, or was leveling tweaked to be a bit faster than in the first game?

Edit: Also can someone explain how wizard grimoires have changed? Can we still learn spells from looted grimoires?

Inverness fucked around with this message at 21:18 on May 6, 2018

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Apparently my next milestone for my thesis is a few hours after PoE2 comes out. That's good, sort of. Except I want it nooooooow.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Inverness posted:

Can we still learn spells from looted grimoires?

no. they also only have 2 spells per spell level written in them.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003

Daztek posted:

You get them from achievements

So you're telling me I should go figure out how to use the Steam achievement unlocker since I have no hope of finishing up all of the PoE 1 achievements before Tuesday?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Inverness posted:

In Deadfire the new max level is 20 and max power level is 9. Is that reflective of the additional content in Deadfire, or was leveling tweaked to be a bit faster than in the first game?

Edit: Also can someone explain how wizard grimoires have changed? Can we still learn spells from looted grimoires?

From what I understand Grimoires have been pretty radically overhauled. They all have set spells now and you only know the spells ypu learn by level up so in a fight ypu can use whatever is in your equipped Grimoire and what you have from levelup. So theres actual incentive to switch them around in combat now.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Sheep posted:

So you're telling me I should go figure out how to use the Steam achievement unlocker since I have no hope of finishing up all of the PoE 1 achievements before Tuesday?
You get them from achievements in Deadfire in your first game to use in your second game.

One thing I don't know is if the points are spent when you start the next game or not.

Sheep
Jul 24, 2003
Oh okay that makes sense.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!

Inverness posted:

I'd imagine a bit of both. I doubt Deadfire has 25% more content then P1 with the expansion, but also they've been stressing recently that it's a big game. The only concrete hours figure I've seen (not counting various synonyms for "vast") is the game director saying he'd been playing for 80 hours

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Here's a video showing the legacy creation stuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObMQNlAzsGc

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

A quest just had a shady dude book it away from the party and Tekehu figured it was a perfect time to stop and have a chat with the watcher. The BG2 is strong in this one

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Daztek posted:

I wonder if they summarize your decisions when you import your legacy. Like I only recently played the game in preparation so I remember, but some of these may be a bit more obscure...

Edit: Interesting, the Maneha choice only has "Forget" or "never found the Salt Well", but it doesn't have "Found the Salt Well, convinced her to remember"

The Abydon choice only has 2 options out of a 3 option solution as well.

GrandpaPants fucked around with this message at 22:10 on May 6, 2018

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

Daztek posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ObMQNlAzsGc

I hope someone makes a video summary of what the choices mean, because it's hard to remember with so little context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

GrandpaPants posted:

I wonder if they summarize your decisions when you import your legacy. Like I only recently played the game in preparation so I remember, but some of these may be a bit more obscure...

Edit: Interesting, the Maneha choice only has "Forget" or "never found the Salt Well", but it doesn't have "Found the Salt Well, convinced her to remember"

The Abydon choice only has 2 options out of a 3 option solution as well.

The Devil choice wording really threw me off too; if you convince her not to kill the dude, she doesn't find acceptance and peace or whatever, it drives her mad. She dries screaming without feeling.