Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
https://twitter.com/ButNoPotato/status/993246995392487424

There's no :thunk: big enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

So a "small business owner" went and built himself a custom walk-in fridge for his stuff.

And then an actual HVAC/R contractor comes into explain what's wrong with, well, everything here.

His rebuttal:

In case anyone is wondering what exactly is wrong here:
For one, it's not really anywhere close to being sealed properly. A proper walk-in actually had cam-locks inside the panels, and when you assemble them, they pull into each other. There is a rubber lip, and you also run a bead of butyl to seal it 100%. The doors have gaskets and are supposed to close by themselves to seal properly. He has none of this.

The bigger problem is that the window unit is completely insufficient for this task. It's undersized and not designed to cycle like a walk-in does. While he does have a different controller, which, to my understanding, refortifies some of this, its still running too low for it's design and will end up overtaxing and prematurely burning out the compressor. Of course, while it may be able to maintain the temperature, the it's almost certainly going to struggle actually pull the product temp down to safe temps.

To say nothing of the mold growth potential in all the cracks, crevices and gaps in there.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I have found the galaxy brain motherlode of poo poo-takes:

https://twitter.com/hrtablaze/status/992561447468130304

Only one of those people has served Federal time, but that's because Snoop didn't get caught.

I mean, look, it is amusing that Snoop and Ice-T and Ice Cube have all become these quirky, beloved middle-aged dudes with a great sense of humor about their media presence, but some of us remember when our fellow white people thought they were scary as hell.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Reminds me of the reported story with the NWA, where at one point supposedly Dr Dre hit one of his critics really badly because she called one of his songs bad, and I'm willing to assume it probably was given that pathetic reaction. The other NWA backed him up because they are loving idiots with toxic personalities. The best thing 50 Cent ever did was stop taking himself so goddamn seriously. Maybe then he wouldn't have been shot enough to become his own urban myth.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Snoop haters need to come to my neighbourhood. I'm gonna gently caress them up.

Voyager I
Jun 29, 2012

This is how your posting feels.
🐥🐥🐥🐥🐥

ExplodingSims posted:

So a "small business owner" went and built himself a custom walk-in fridge for his stuff.

What really makes it for me is the crudely shaped panel of insulation leaning against the door. Look like a great seal there, bud!

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

D🤚O🤚N🤚T🤚 even TRY to debate me. 😂😂😂😂

You see, I have a very particular set of rhetorical skills🤗, skills acquired over a long period of DESTROYING SJWs and l e f t i s t s on the internet.✊️👎☝️☝️☝️☝️

My iq of 178 😮💯💯😅grants me a reasoning speed 🏃🏿‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️that utterly confuses😵, bamboozles😤 and incapacitates🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕 my adversaries💥💥🔫.

I've probably watched over half of ALL 💯👏💯 Dr.Jordan B Peterson's youtube videos and most of Ben Shapiro's truth bombs against stupid college liberals.😂😂😂😂

I am an undefeated and undisputed amateur debater.🤗 You cannot stop me.🙅‍♂️🙅‍♂️🙅‍♂️ Go ahead, challenge me if you must(at your own peril☄️☄️☄️) on any topic and I'll show you what true sheer brainpower💆‍♂️💆‍♂️💆‍♂️ and SUPERIOR i n t e l l e c t can do.😂😂😂👌💯

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

The Saddest Rhino posted:

You see, I have a very particular set of rhetorical skills🤗, skills acquired over a long period of DESTROYING SJWs and l e f t i s t s on the internet.✊️👎☝️☝️☝️☝️

My iq of 178 😮💯💯😅grants me a reasoning speed 🏃🏿‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️🏃🏼‍♀️that utterly confuses😵, bamboozles😤 and incapacitates🤕🤕🤕🤕🤕 my adversaries💥💥🔫.

I've probably watched over half of ALL 💯👏💯 Dr.Jordan B Peterson's youtube videos and most of Ben Shapiro's truth bombs against stupid college liberals.😂😂😂😂

I am an undefeated and undisputed amateur debater.🤗 You cannot stop me.🙅‍♂️🙅‍♂️🙅‍♂️ Go ahead, challenge me if you must(at your own peril☄️☄️☄️) on any topic and I'll show you what true sheer brainpower💆‍♂️💆‍♂️💆‍♂️ and SUPERIOR i n t e l l e c t can do.😂😂😂👌💯

Can you go back to cummies now please.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

T-man posted:

Can you go back to cummies now please.

Yes 👍🏽 i’m a 💃🏽WHORE 😪☝🏽 Yes 👍🏽 i’m a 💩FILTHY🤢 SLUT 😩💦 Yes 👍🏽 i’m a 😛THOTTIE🍑 w a BODY 💁🏽‍♀️💕 But one 1️⃣ thing i’m 🚫 not 🙅🏽‍♀️ ...

and i never🙎🏽‍♀️🙎🏽‍♀️ will be🅱️ .. .....

allergic😥😥 to peanuts🥜 lmao😂 ... y’all are the 👈🏽👈🏽weakest😕😕 link🔗🔗 .. y’all at 🕺🏽parties🎊🎊 smokin🚬🚬 Epi Pens💊🖊

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Hell yes! The future of sex imo.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Voyager I posted:

What really makes it for me is the crudely shaped panel of insulation leaning against the door. Look like a great seal there, bud!

I like the insulation just casually stacked on top. I'm sure those HVAC people are lining up to get hired by such a small business magnate.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Rogue 7 posted:

There's an irony so intense about complaining about pain because of the *male* reproductive system that I'm getting a contact high just reading this dude's posts.

Yeah, but I hear lady reproductive pain is the kind of pain your body forgets.

The pain from blue balls lasts forever and in extreme cases is embedded in your DNA. I'm still suffering from my grandfather's time in Europe.

anonumos
Jul 14, 2005

Fuck it.

Krispy Wafer posted:

Yeah, but I hear lady reproductive pain is the kind of pain your body forgets.

The pain from blue balls lasts forever and in extreme cases is embedded in your DNA. I'm still suffering from my grandfather's time in Europe.

You can't be suffering too badly, because your existence proves that Grandpa successfully got his rocks off inside a woman.

Unless you're part sleep...

Deus Ex Macklemore
Jul 2, 2004

Zelensky's Zealots

BioEnchanted posted:

Reminds me of the reported story with the NWA, where at one point supposedly Dr Dre hit one of his critics really badly because she called one of his songs bad, and I'm willing to assume it probably was given that pathetic reaction. The other NWA backed him up because they are loving idiots with toxic personalities. The best thing 50 Cent ever did was stop taking himself so goddamn seriously. Maybe then he wouldn't have been shot enough to become his own urban myth.

That was T-Boz of TLC.

Everybody all up in arms about Kanye this week and no one remembers when Eazy-E was invited to a Republican Fundraiser Dinner they sent the invite to the wrong Eric Wright

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

A few years ago, the wife of a friend of mine posted on Facebook that she wished people would stop talking about racism, because (she asserted) the way to end racism was to ignore our differences, which one couldn't do if everyone was talking about racism all the time. (She's white.)

We had an argument about this and, for perhaps the first time in history, an internet argument actually changed someone's mind. By the time of the Ferguson demonstrations, she was feeling pretty goddamn woke, and participated in a local solidarity march. She decided to return to school as a sociology major, focusing on communities of color and LGBT issues.

Since then, she's expanded from wokeness to policing everything anyone in her sphere of influence says for signs of sub-par levels of allyship. Her behavior is so self-righteous that she's single-handedly caused me to reflexively cringe every time I see the word "ally". But whatever, it's just been eye-rolling white-person overcompensation.

Until this year. Now, she's just an rear end in a top hat.

She also announced on Facebook that she was leaving my friend. I called him up to offer my sympathies. He didn't know about it. What kind of a prick does that? Further, it transpires that she can't move out because she doesn't have the money, and he can't move out because he's disabled. Up until very recently, it seemed they'd reached a detente in which he was still madly devoted to her and their three children, and she tolerated his presence because she had no other place to go. But now she's posting cryptic statements about a "big change" that's on the horizon, and I'm guessing that means she's close to having enough cash to split. If this weren't going to devastate my friend and create all sorts of custody issues for the kids, I'd wish her luck and don't let the door smack your rear end on the way out.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
No good deed goes unpunished.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

The Saddest Rhino posted:

I love you.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

ExplodingSims posted:

And then an actual HVAC/R contractor comes into explain what's wrong with, well, everything here.

His rebuttal:

In case anyone is wondering what exactly is wrong here:
For one, it's not really anywhere close to being sealed properly. A proper walk-in actually had cam-locks inside the panels, and when you assemble them, they pull into each other. There is a rubber lip, and you also run a bead of butyl to seal it 100%. The doors have gaskets and are supposed to close by themselves to seal properly. He has none of this.

The bigger problem is that the window unit is completely insufficient for this task. It's undersized and not designed to cycle like a walk-in does. While he does have a different controller, which, to my understanding, refortifies some of this, its still running too low for it's design and will end up overtaxing and prematurely burning out the compressor. Of course, while it may be able to maintain the temperature, the it's almost certainly going to struggle actually pull the product temp down to safe temps.

To say nothing of the mold growth potential in all the cracks, crevices and gaps in there.

"Your fridge is going to grow mold and warm up really fast."

"You're just SCARED of NEW TECHNOLOGY!"

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Refrigerators. How do they work?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
Did things like movie theatres get moldy when they were cooled by refrigeration?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Volcott posted:

Did things like movie theatres get moldy when they were cooled by refrigeration?

There's two big problems:

1. It doesn't look like the unit will seal properly, which means the cool air will escape out and keep the fridge from getting as cold as the thermostat says it is.

2. CoolBot advertises itself as being able to create a freezer with a window air conditioner unit and a CoolBot controller. There's no way that unit is going to be able to consistently maintain the temperatures it needs 24/7/365 without going on the fritz.

So there's a really good chance that this crappy cheapo attempt at a walk-in freezer isn't going to be a freezer.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

chitoryu12 posted:

There's two big problems:

1. It doesn't look like the unit will seal properly, which means the cool air will escape out and keep the fridge from getting as cold as the thermostat says it is.

2. CoolBot advertises itself as being able to create a freezer with a window air conditioner unit and a CoolBot controller. There's no way that unit is going to be able to consistently maintain the temperatures it needs 24/7/365 without going on the fritz.

So there's a really good chance that this crappy cheapo attempt at a walk-in freezer isn't going to be a freezer.

No, I get that, I was just wondering about refrigerated public venues.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Volcott posted:

No, I get that, I was just wondering about refrigerated public venues.

Oh yeah, it's pretty common for HVAC units to grow mold if not maintained. Every building has small amounts of mold living in it somewhere (especially in a humid environment) but moisture will cause it to grow rapidly. Mold can start growing in an HVAC unit if it's not draining condensation properly, which in turn gets mold into the air.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

ExplodingSims posted:

It's no groverfridge, but it's a start.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I'm not seeing any risk of autodefenestration in that thing.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Volcott posted:

What's the difference between refrigeration and AC in this case? Aren't they both just heat pumps with a fan to direct air over the chilly part and back out into whatever space you're trying to cool?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

there wolf posted:

What's the difference between refrigeration and AC in this case? Aren't they both just heat pumps with a fan to direct air over the chilly part and back out into whatever space you're trying to cool?

I don't actually know enough about this stuff to speak on the subject.

https://www.energy.gov/articles/history-air-conditioning

Volcott has a new favorite as of 16:23 on May 7, 2018

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I'm pretty sure ~*REFRIGERATED AIR*~ was just what they called AC back in like the 40s.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

there wolf posted:

I used to work with a former HVAC technician and he explained this way. Refrigeration is simply taking air in, making it cold and blowing it back out. Air conditioning is taking air in, cooling it, and then removing moisture from it before blowing it back out.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Gynocentric Regime posted:

I used to work with a former HVAC technician and he explained this way. Refrigeration is simply taking air in, making it cold and blowing it back out. Air conditioning is taking air in, cooling it, and then removing moisture from it before blowing it back out.

I thought moisture was a byproduct regardless; you cool down warmer air and the moisture gets squeezed out of it. I guess I always figured ACs just produced more because they were dealing with more air.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I commented on a Facebook post someone shared about Royal Rife, a guy who claimed that he could cure cancer by using radio frequencies to destroy specific cells. I posted several links discussing his work and how it was found to be impossible to replicate (or even observe under the laws of physics). Someone decided that a really specific definition of the word "classified" is actually evidence of a conspiracy:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

budgieinspector posted:

A few years ago, the wife of a friend of mine posted on Facebook that she wished people would stop talking about racism, because (she asserted) the way to end racism was to ignore our differences, which one couldn't do if everyone was talking about racism all the time. (She's white.)

We had an argument about this and, for perhaps the first time in history, an internet argument actually changed someone's mind. By the time of the Ferguson demonstrations, she was feeling pretty goddamn woke, and participated in a local solidarity march. She decided to return to school as a sociology major, focusing on communities of color and LGBT issues.

Since then, she's expanded from wokeness to policing everything anyone in her sphere of influence says for signs of sub-par levels of allyship. Her behavior is so self-righteous that she's single-handedly caused me to reflexively cringe every time I see the word "ally". But whatever, it's just been eye-rolling white-person overcompensation.

She also announced on Facebook that she was leaving my friend. I called him up to offer my sympathies. He didn't know about it. What kind of a prick does that? Further, it transpires that she can't move out because she doesn't have the money, and he can't move out because he's disabled. Up until very recently, it seemed they'd reached a detente in which he was still madly devoted to her and their three children, and she tolerated his presence because she had no other place to go. But now she's posting cryptic statements about a "big change" that's on the horizon, and I'm guessing that means she's close to having enough cash to split. If this weren't going to devastate my friend and create all sorts of custody issues for the kids, I'd wish her luck and don't let the door smack your rear end on the way out.

White people are the worst

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

oldpainless posted:

White people are the worst

Allies are the worst, white allies are the worst of the worst.

My GAY FRIEND...

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

budgieinspector posted:

I want to read about why she should have cheated with her weed dealer

budgieinspector
Mar 24, 2006

According to my research,
these would appear to be
Budgerigars.

Len posted:

I want to read about why she should have cheated with her weed dealer

Specifically him? She didn't really elaborate beyond the aesthetics of the hypothetical child this encounter would produce. There was something about the aftermath of my friend's presumed dumping of her being a catalyst to go back home and live her life the way she wants to.

"Home" is Texas.

Being a Texan expat, myself, and seeing how much my own views have diverged from those of the folks back home, I don't think she would ultimately be as comfortable and accepted as she seems to believe.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Make sure to click through for all the screencaps
https://twitter.com/NuclearTakes/status/993527643822874624

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Dear Women, I'm sure you will all love this song, Twerkgeddon.

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i love finding out that i'm a stripper

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

i love finding out that i'm a stripper

I guarantee that at some point in your life you've taken your clothes off, therefore

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Ularg posted:

Dear Women, I'm sure you will all love this song, Twerkgeddon.

He has an album called "Poundtown: tracks to bang to" and it's on Spotify. https://open.spotify.com/album/5Evm2PIBFZlB43rNtVwoKn?si=DrVGAs6PQOmc1gzdFu9nIg this is certainly not my jam.