Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002
I still buy games primarily on disc/cartridge over digital because I like the thought of being able to re-sell it once I'm done with it if I don't think I'll be replaying it down the road, or if the game just ends up being disappointing. I learned my lesson hard with Watch Dogs which was so drat hyped as PS4's first post-launch AAA game and it ended up being a mediocre GTA clone with the hacking feeling super gimmicky. I traded it back in for $45 a few days after buying it, I'd have been pissed if I'd dropped $60 on it digitally at launch and ended up stuck with it.

The only time I buy digital games is cheap Steam or Humble Bundle sales, or freebies from Twitch and such. Pre-ordering WoW expansions is about the only time I'll pay full price for something digitally.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

possessions are disgusting.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I quit buying CDs when I realized all I did with them was rip them to my hard drive and then never play them again.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
the only reason I buy DVDs/Blu-Rays is for the bonus features, especially stuff like director's commentary and behind the scenes stuff, but that unfortunately seems to be more and more rare

There's no quicker way for me to pass on a Blu-Ray if the only bonus feature is a loving trailer

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

i dunno if i'm up for even more wrestling tonight but i did buy persona 5 so that should be fun

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I don’t buy anything on Blu-ray dvd anymore screw that I wanna LEASE not OWN :getin:

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God I can't believe the poo poo my company's head chemist pulled last week, guy is an ancient boomer who has Obama toilet paper, talks a lot about guns, and will tell you how much he hates the government that if he wasn't a chemist would definitely be the elder statesman in sovcit compound in his homestate of Montana.

He prints out 30 sheets of a fake HR sheet that said if you want to make a complaint you have to admit to a list of 10 things like "You have female like feelings" or "You are a Queer". The person who passed these out who thought it was "funny" was my boss/the VP of our company/part owner.

I was kind of surprised that my coworkers of mostly 30 year Gen Xers who are mostly "Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative" were also pissed and shocked at how unprofessional this was. We aren't going to raise a stink about it though since I'm a coward and know that my coworkers would instantly stab me in the back if I tried building solidarity. Pay and benefits are too good for me to lose the job over this too despite getting tired of the commute and having to deal with said Gen Xers tell me how I need to move out of my parent's house despite the fact that I basically have a studio apartment with free wifi and rent.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

CobiWann posted:

She’s always been a fan of action-horror so I can’t fault her. A little DP does go a long way.

ok did i read this right or is there a reason i need to see pride, prejudice, and zombies?

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

achillesforever6 posted:

God I can't believe the poo poo my company's head chemist pulled last week, guy is an ancient boomer who has Obama toilet paper, talks a lot about guns, and will tell you how much he hates the government that if he wasn't a chemist would definitely be the elder statesman in sovcit compound in his homestate of Montana.

He prints out 30 sheets of a fake HR sheet that said if you want to make a complaint you have to admit to a list of 10 things like "You have female like feelings" or "You are a Queer". The person who passed these out who thought it was "funny" was my boss/the VP of our company/part owner.

I was kind of surprised that my coworkers of mostly 30 year Gen Xers who are mostly "Socially Liberal Fiscally Conservative" were also pissed and shocked at how unprofessional this was. We aren't going to raise a stink about it though since I'm a coward and know that my coworkers would instantly stab me in the back if I tried building solidarity. Pay and benefits are too good for me to lose the job over this too despite getting tired of the commute and having to deal with said Gen Xers tell me how I need to move out of my parent's house despite the fact that I basically have a studio apartment with free wifi and rent.

It's hosed up how over a barrel jobs can have you, even good jobs. One of my co-workers didn't get her contract renewed for bullshit reasons but I'm losing my tenure at the end of this year so I have to lay low and I feel terrible about it.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

achillesforever6 posted:

You should document this so you can sue over a hostile workplace and clean them out.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Ragnarok the Red posted:

I learned my lesson hard with Watch Dogs which was so drat hyped as PS4's first post-launch AAA game and it ended up being a mediocre GTA clone with the hacking feeling super gimmicky. I traded it back in for $45 a few days after buying it, I'd have been pissed if I'd dropped $60 on it digitally at launch and ended up stuck with it.

A few months back I got Watch_Dogs for free. It cost me nothing. It was zero dollars.

I have never felt so ripped off in my life, it cost far more than it should have.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

It feels bad to move in any way, in that game. The W_D

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Now that said, don't let the horrible first game keep you from playing Watch_Dogs 2, which is a ton of fun and about as close to a modern GTA: San Andreas as we're ever likely to get.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
So I found out about something tonight that explains some stuff, it's physiological, deeply personal and probably connected to my disability. There's nothing dangerous about it per se and isn't super common for me but it's kinda hosed up and I hate that there's another thing I have to learn about at 31 that's like "by the way this is another hosed up thing about your life that no one will care about but you probably but it's still weird and will gnaw at your brain! Have fun, rear end in a top hat!"

:smith:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sorry dude :smith:

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

yeah man, that is some hard poo poo i'll get back to you in a sec

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I should be clear I don't have a medical diagnosis of it but it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and explains some symptoms that I never really understood before. And it all fits.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

High five, fellow discovering-the-truth-about-their-physical-and-mental-problems-in-their-early-thirties buddy. It is the dirt worst. Silver lining: Being aware of it means being better prepared for it, and hopefully that means 35 and 40 will suck less.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

CarlCX posted:

High five, fellow discovering-the-truth-about-their-physical-and-mental-problems-in-their-early-thirties buddy. It is the dirt worst. Silver lining: Being aware of it means being better prepared for it, and hopefully that means 35 and 40 will suck less.

Well I mean I'm a lifer, really. It's less like a specific revelation and more like me feeling like, really? I don't have enough poo poo already? :v: Still, cheers, and I hope your stuff works out man.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Jerusalem posted:

A few months back I got Watch_Dogs for free. It cost me nothing. It was zero dollars.

I have never felt so ripped off in my life, it cost far more than it should have.

I found a copy of Aliens: Colonial Marines at Five Below for one dollar. I bought it as a gag Christmas gift for my friend. He opened the present, looked at me, and said "Dude, I thought we were friends."

He's never played it, however it does make an excellent coaster for his Scotch.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Cavauro posted:

what are you going to name your Pillars 2 ship. If you do it. The top ship in your fleet only please

Roach. All ships are named Roach.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Am I alone in thinking Gwent sucks rear end in the Witcher 3?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
Gwent is the only time-wasting minigame within a larger game I have ever played for more than five minutes and I love it dearly

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

OldTennisCourt posted:

Am I alone in thinking Gwent sucks rear end in the Witcher 3?

You should reassess your brain

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
Gwent is no Triple Triad

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Defiance Industries posted:

You should reassess your brain

I've tried to enjoy it but it just seems kinda dull and lovely, like maybe I'm not getting the strategy here.

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Gwent is good because you make big numbers and big numbers are good.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Bard Maddox posted:

Gwent is good because you make big numbers and big numbers are good.

I got really into cookie clicker for about two weeks for this reason.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Does anyone else enjoy using save edits in rpgs to overpower your character as soon as the program is created? I have no qualms about cheating in games, at least single player games.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Spikeguy posted:

Does anyone else enjoy using save edits in rpgs to overpower your character as soon as the program is created? I have no qualms about cheating in games, at least single player games.

i got the final fantasy 10 re-release and i liked the fact that you could just superboost your team whenever, to get over bullshit traps where you're underpowered for dumbass seymour at this point but you already saved past where you can grind.

my least favorite feature was that its a buggy piece of poo poo that you'd be lucky to get running for an hour before it crashes, but i liked that cheat enough to make it 75% through the game.

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

shiksa posted:

i got the final fantasy 10 re-release and i liked the fact that you could just superboost your team whenever, to get over bullshit traps where you're underpowered for dumbass seymour at this point but you already saved past where you can grind.
Wait what? How?

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

bradzilla posted:

Wait what? How?

You can just press F2 and it gives you infinite HP and MP plus you can use all the Overdrives you want.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
In Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue why was Michelangelo, of all the Ninja Turtles, the one they used to make kids not wanna do drugs because it seems like he probably smokes weed but he is also a fully functional Ninja Turtle. This question occurred to me just now and I had nowhere else to put it.

Karmine fucked around with this message at 21:28 on May 7, 2018

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

Michelangelo (the artist) was basically a monk who never partook in anything so they transferred that innate narc-ness to his turtle reincarnation

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
God I feel so aggravated today, I need to stop talking about my personal/dating life to my coworkers who get so nebby and think they are giving great advice like "Drink booze" or "go to the dance floor" or "contact 40 women on okcupid everyday!". I swear its so distracting (especially since I had to get samples off the roof of our building which is really time consuming in taking them off and collecting the data) that I was in a rush to get everything finished. At least there I can go to the gym to avoid the Pens losing tonight (which would really set me off if I had to watch them lose) and hell maybe Raw will have a fun match like that Rollins vs Finn match from last week.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Karmine posted:

In Cartoon All-Stars to the Rescue why was Michelangelo, of all the Ninja Turtles, the one they used to make kids not wanna do drugs because it seems like he probably smokes weed but he is also a fully functional Ninja Turtle. This question occurred to me just now and I had nowhere else to put it.

court ordered community service

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Cartoon All-Stars is such a bizarrely specific time capsule of Reagan/Bush Sr. America

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

achillesforever6 posted:

God I feel so aggravated today, I need to stop talking about my personal/dating life to my coworkers who get so nebby and think they are giving great advice like "Drink booze" or "go to the dance floor" or "contact 40 women on okcupid everyday!". I swear its so distracting (especially since I had to get samples off the roof of our building which is really time consuming in taking them off and collecting the data) that I was in a rush to get everything finished. At least there I can go to the gym to avoid the Pens losing tonight (which would really set me off if I had to watch them lose) and hell maybe Raw will have a fun match like that Rollins vs Finn match from last week.

Dating stinks. Tell them to go jump in a lake.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy gently caress Infinity War

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

whowever was asking about Marvel Unlimited:

pros:
-nearly every comic book every produced under a Marvel imprint and now the Dark Horse Star Wars stuff
-you can stream them or download up to 12 books at a time
-the iOS app is stable

cons:
-Marvel's webservices are coal powered
-the android app is flaky

I had it for a few years and really liked it. Even went to the ultra money mark tier so I could get free poo poo. Which was not: much an action figure and invites to showings in San Diego and NY. I'm in the midwest, you fuckin idiots.