Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

rope kid posted:

- Kämpfe etwas gemächlich

:negative:
Maybe I got the the wrong idea thanks to all the Lagufaeth in the beta, but I wouldn't have expected that to be a point of criticism. :shepface:

e:

GrandpaPants posted:

For reference, 43% of people who own POE1 beat Act 1 (this is the highest percentage achievement), 10% actually beat the game. Only 5% beat WM1, and 3% beat WM2.
I have almost no cheevos because I always cheat, usually just to bring hired mercenaries or characters rejoining the group after long absence up to the Watcher's level.
And since WM1 also to quickly give my Watcher Field Triage to save that wounded wolf.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 01:26 on May 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Gnoll posted:

Dumb question about this gunslinger build:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjzD0NlZRCM

Would you need to manually switch between all four weapon sets after every fight and reload each gun?

They reloaded automatically out of combat in PoE1 so I assume they will here as well. Though I'm not sure if that was always the case in PoE1? I feel like I remember having to tediously reload my guns on release but maybe I'm full of poo poo.

derra
Dec 29, 2012

Vargs posted:

They reloaded automatically out of combat in PoE1 so I assume they will here as well. Though I'm not sure if that was always the case in PoE1? I feel like I remember having to tediously reload my guns on release but maybe I'm full of poo poo.

Yeah that was a QoL change along the way.

Dairy Power
Jul 23, 2013

He who lives in harmony with himself lives in harmony with the universe.
Ok, I think I've made my final decisions and now just need to fast forward until tomorrow afternoon.

I'm not going to continue my old save for the first playthrough: I don't really want to play a Paladin that much right now, and I'd rather wait for any reactivity patches to be in anyway. I know I could change character/class, but I don't wanna. I'll probably just use a preset.

Instead, I'm going with the Hearth Orlan Devoted/Skald crits build. Obviously, I'll be devoted to swords since I have my eyes on a special lady. I think stats-wise I'll go something like 10M, 10C, 18D, 11P, 19I, 10R. I don't really want to dump anything, but I want to maximize the control I get out of my shouts and the number of crits (and thus shouts) I get. More might and perception would be nice, but eh.

I'm definitely jumping straight into PotD. From watching Cohh a bit and the high level stream, it seems similar to hard from the first game. I'll catch the patched PotD with when some DLC comes out, for sure.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Wizard Styles posted:

Maybe I got the the wrong idea thanks to all the Lagufaeth in the beta, but I wouldn't have expected that to be a point of criticism. :shepface:
I always expect Germans to complain about things being too easy.

2house2fly
Nov 14, 2012

You did a super job wrapping things up! And I'm not just saying that because I have to!
Is the fix for importing saves expected to be retroactive? If I start playing tomorrow with an imported save but don't have the orlan baby, once the patch hits will be orlan baby appear?

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
Its unsurprising, piranhabytes is still making gothic style games and the only thing I've seen them do to make the series easier was make quick saving on a controller faster.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

While I was looking through my image collections for good portraits, I found this one for those of you thinking "Sword is bae."

MartianAgitator
Apr 30, 2003

Damn Earth! Damn her!
What happened with the priest and paladin disposition bonuses and penalties? I don't see a passive that let's them ignore penalties if they piss off their gods/ignore their ethos. Has the penalty part been removed and it's just a bonus if you play to your stereotype? I really liked being that one rear end in a top hat Goldpact Knight.

En Garde Motherfuckers
Apr 29, 2009

Hey. Is it just me, or do my balls itch?

2house2fly posted:

Is the fix for importing saves expected to be retroactive? If I start playing tomorrow with an imported save but don't have the orlan baby, once the patch hits will be orlan baby appear?

Is it confirmed that save importing will be broken at launch?

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

marshmallow creep posted:

While I was looking through my image collections for good portraits, I found this one for those of you thinking "Sword is bae."

I was bored so I whipped up watercolors for Swordfucker

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

That German review apparently says that only the new companions are romancable, nooo. Though that was admittedly through googles shoddy translation.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

Impermanent posted:

Yeah, the practice of embargoes themselves is not inherently wrong. But pushing them to release is anti-journalism and anti-consumer

How so? Like what is compelling one to buy a game the very second it comes out?

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

2house2fly posted:

No, it wouldn't be retroactive.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

rope kid posted:

Gemächlich means slow, though.

quote:

Die pausierbaren Echtzeit-Kämpfe laufen im zweiten Teil gemächlicher ab als im Vorgänger. Das hilft der Übersicht, sorgt aber manchmal für Frust, wenn man einem Zauberer bis zu zehn Sekunden beim Vorbereiten eines Angriffs zuschauen muss.
So, basically, they're complaining about the casting times.
The ten seconds of casting time they mention seem like maybe a little bit of an exaggeration, though, unless they played a Dex 3 Beckoner.

Milli posted:

That German review apparently says that only the new companions are romancable, nooo. Though that was admittedly through googles shoddy translation.
That translation is accurate.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Milli posted:

Wait, really? That's...surprising.

You'd think people who you have a history with would make more sense for that...

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Captain Oblivious posted:

Wait, really? That's...surprising.

You'd think people who you have a history with would make more sense for that...
Edér is, as always, living in the past and still can't forget the milkmaid.

Pallegina doesn't want you to find out the shocking truth about her cloaca, especially since she knows you'd instantly write a letter to Hiravias that just reads "You were totally right, bro.".

Aloth knows you'd only put up with him so you can be with Iselmyr.

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

would my romanceable sword be cool with xoti as a side-piece?

can we get a weird, hosed up poly thing going?

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Wizard Styles posted:

Gemächlich means slow, though.
It means casual or leisurely, but I hadn't seen what you quoted. In that context, the implication is definitely pacing.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

jfood posted:

that feel when your sword girlfriend wants to penetrate your other girlfriend...

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Wizard Styles posted:

So, basically, they're complaining about the casting times.
The ten seconds of casting time they mention seem like maybe a little bit of an exaggeration, though, unless they played a Dex 3 Beckoner.

I played PoE1 on permanent slow mode during combat. Maybe the reviewer was in the habit as well and stuck with it through PoE2.

I think I'll play normal speed in PoE2, the combat looks a little slower overall which is a good thing.

Grimoire
Jul 9, 2003
More importantly can we ship Xoti and Eder?

Need to do my tankbro a solid.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

jfood posted:

I hope the final soulbound upgrade is Modwyr pulling an Unlabored Blade on you and becoming Terrible if you dared cheat on her with a meatbag.

rope kid posted:

It means casual or leisurely, but I hadn't seen what you quoted. In that context, the implication is definitely pacing.
It's always used to describe pace.

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

I'm not a native speaker, so that's good to know. ~*

Greaseman
Aug 12, 2007
I've failed miserably to prepare a satisfying save from PoE 1, do you miss anything without one? Do we know?

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Greaseman posted:

I've failed miserably to prepare a satisfying save from PoE 1, do you miss anything without one? Do we know?

Just little details. e.g. your past soul's relationship with Iovara.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Greaseman posted:

you get permanently locked out of the secret ending

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Greaseman posted:

very minor details according to devs

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

No Mods No Masters posted:

The only touchy topic here, is that apparently everyone wants to touch Ydwin

This lul. I'm actually mildly annoyed Ydwin isn't a full character, seemed like the most interesting character, and there are already too many fish people.

rope kid posted:

Maybe consider putting a pop up saying that normal is "very normal" in Pillars games to push people onto veteran (if you have experience in Infinity engine games we very highly recommend veteran).

Many, many people considered Hard to be the "normal" of POE, but most people choose normal because they are used to normal being the "default difficulty", not the difficulty suitable to people with and w/o infinity engine experience.

Or just rename normal so it doesn't sound like such a default option idk.

Urthor fucked around with this message at 03:10 on May 8, 2018

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Urthor posted:

Or just rename normal so it doesn't sound like such a default option idk.

In the betas the difficulties are:
Story
Relaxed
Classic
Veteran
Path of the Damned

Is this not the case any more? Seems like it makes sense to me.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

bewilderment posted:

In the betas the difficulties are:
Story
Relaxed
Classic
Veteran
Path of the Damned

Is this not the case any more? Seems like it makes sense to me.

It should be:

Pissy Baby
Baby
Tough Baby
Cool Bro
This Dude Fucks

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

bongwizzard posted:

It should be:

Pissy Baby
Baby
Tough Baby
Cool Bro
This Dude Fucks

they make it very clear that they don’t gently caress actually

Woolwich Bagnet
Apr 27, 2003

bongwizzard posted:

It should be:

Pissy Baby
Baby
Tough Baby
Cool Bro
This Dude Fucks

Pretty sure it would be the exact opposite of that.

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC
Excited to see how the world and my companions react as I sub-optimally play through this and leave things worse off than I encountered them.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
I miss doom era difficulty names.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

As a Bleak Walker / Berserker Fanatic continuing his life's quest to be The Crabbiest, the only thing I plan on finding hot in this game will be the blood of my enemies as it stains my armor. :black101:

If that actually triggers a romance from somebody in this game then lol.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Clever Spambot posted:

I miss doom era difficulty names.

When I was 5 I chose my difficulty based on how cool the icon was so suffice to say i was not an FPS gamer

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Go back to no romance in Pillars 3

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Took a week off from work for Deadfire, among other things. Unfortunately, today I did all my errands and then ran out of things to do in God of War (which is amazing BTW). I've detailed my car, bleached my bathroom (twice), and done meal prep for the foreseeable future. I've become so impatient for the release that, to borrow from a recent story about ketamine, I've become time itself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

isk posted:

Took a week off from work for Deadfire, among other things. Unfortunately, today I did all my errands and then ran out of things to do in God of War (which is amazing BTW). I've detailed my car, bleached my bathroom (twice), and done meal prep for the foreseeable future. I've become so impatient for the release that, to borrow from a recent story about ketamine, I've become time itself.

I hate you. If it actually released on Tuesday afternoon where I live, I would just say gently caress it, take the afternoon off and play it all day. But no, it releases at 1 AM on Wednesday morning, and it’s really unrealistic to suppose I could scrape together any time to play it until next week.