Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!

chumbler posted:

But buff Triple D is all blue.

That's how his body reacts on maximum manliness.

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/993687008789737472

The pudding-like layer that surrounds most of his body is what keeps his power in check.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

chumbler posted:

But buff Triple D is all blue.

That's the hypoxia from the steroid abuse.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Viewtiful Jew posted:

ATTN, major video gaming lore has just been dropped:

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/993690716105687040

This is canonically what The Big D looks like naked.

I like how belt plus no pants is a-OK but lose the belt and suddenly it hits him. :stare:

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Viewtiful Jew posted:

ATTN, major video gaming lore has just been dropped:

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/993690716105687040

This is canonically what The Big D looks like naked.

Viewtiful Jew posted:

That's how his body reacts on maximum manliness.

https://twitter.com/Kirby_JP/status/993687008789737472

The pudding-like layer that surrounds most of his body is what keeps his power in check.

Oh he's wearing a singlet

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

tfw you come up with a strategy to kill a big scary mech and the first attack is a ppc headshot and it just falls over

al-azad
May 28, 2009

homeless snail posted:

tfw you come up with a strategy to kill a big scary mech and the first attack is a ppc headshot and it just falls over

There should be a “that’s battletech” macro

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
prob gonna get Tacoma now that's on PS4, any thoughts? i love walking sims, i eat that stuff up

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

al-azad posted:

There should be a “that’s battletech” macro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pyCsu0QRO0

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012

glam rock hamhock posted:

That just makes me think about how Jeff Gerstmann has said he actually would have rated Twilight Princess lower but Gamespot's rating system had a formula that whrn he plugged in the elements it made it higher than he thought it deserved
They rated Gameplay, Graphics, Sound, Replay Value and Reviewer's Tilt out of 10. Gameplay and Tilt were both 30%, Graphics and Value were both 15% and Sound was 10%. It was bizarre and they stuck with it for a long time.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

In Training posted:

You all weren't kidding about DDS2, im currently 5 layers deep into the Sun and the visual design of everything is just getting radder and radder. What a great finale to the slowly growing craziness of this narrative

Hell yeah. The best part is it doesn't peak till the final boss which is as it should be.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Expect My Mom posted:

prob gonna get Tacoma now that's on PS4, any thoughts? i love walking sims, i eat that stuff up

Other than being a bit short, it's fantastic

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

Spring Break My Heart posted:

They rated Gameplay, Graphics, Sound, Replay Value and Reviewer's Tilt out of 10. Gameplay and Tilt were both 30%, Graphics and Value were both 15% and Sound was 10%. It was bizarre and they stuck with it for a long time.

It always baffles me that reviews have scores, why include something that completely invalidates the writing?

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Expect My Mom posted:

It's good.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Snooze Cruise posted:

I love that photography modes became really popular just in time for the new Spider-man game to really take advantage of it.

It’ll be easier than ever to GET THOSE PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN *pounds on desk*

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

codenameFANGIO posted:

It’ll be easier than ever to GET THOSE PICTURES OF SPIDER-MAN *pounds on desk*

But gee Betty, then Jonah will tell everyone I'm a menace :ohdear:

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Snooze Cruise posted:

The bit where Gilgamesh rejects Istar is probably one of my favorite bits of writing in general.
Its not often you get to read about someone destroying another person by describing them as a lovely back door.

cheetah7071 posted:

This is only marginally related but across multiple myths Ishtar's go-to threat when things don't go her way is to smash the doors of the underworld so the dead come back and outnumber the living but never even once does she do it

Like, the epic describing a hero fixing that mess practically writes itself. loving Sumerians never fired Chekhov's gun

Asura's Wrath was a good game.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
How goes it games chat thread people

I see a missed exciting conversations about hentai and kirby and god of war and historical/mythical fanfiction and dedede but thankfully not combined together into one subject

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

Opened my eyes.
I couldn't sleep and I don't know why. Just seems to happen sometimes but it's been a while since the last time, I thought I was free from this.

Now to either spend the entire day a miserable wreck or sleep the afternoon and wreck my schedule.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

It happened to me too except now I'm at work fml

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
My sleep schedule is misaligned with the days in such a way that it is constantly wrecking itself until it wrecks itself so hard that it goes back to normal for a few days before the process gradually repeats itself.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

I work overnight and I am a weird vampire man now.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
I was looking up an old PS1 game I suddenly remembered, Steel Harbinger and I came across a post on GameFAQSs from supposedly Bill Stanton, the designer/artist of the game, posted last year about what would have been the sequel.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/198804-steel-harbinger/75566027 posted:

I was the lead designer and artist on the game (it was my original idea and pitch at Mindscape). Our team was actually a few months into preproduction on SH2 when the group was laid off. I still have a lot of concept work we did, too... It would have featured Miranda sort of marooned on the rogue automated 'seeder' planetoid as it visited and attacked other worlds. She would land on these planets and try to save them, so basically the first game but on alien planets and such. There would have been some pretty out-there places and also some very Earth-like environments. I was going to try to push for a finale where to 'win' she actually sacrifices herself deep inside the marauding planetoid and destroys it completely. Also, as the game progressed Miranda was going to find it harder and harder to stay 'human' and ultimately need to incorporate other alien victim 'parts' to keep going.

The tone of the first game was way campier than I intended at first but I had a major back injury a few months into development and during the month I was out of commission kind of lost creative control of the project to Mark Flitman (the producer), who steered it more into a B-Movie type thing. In retrospect I can't say that really hurt the kitschy appeal in later years but the feel I went for initially was exceedingly dark, bleak and Giger-esque. At least the 'Harbinger' herself was maintained as originally envisioned; A sympathetic young woman who initially seems so vulnerable gets infected by a biomech nanite alien virus and becomes more but also less than human, desperate to help humanity but needing to capitalize on the carnage to keep going. The emphasis was to be the overwhelming odds, the imminent extinction of humanity. That nothing could be done to stop the alien planetoid at all, we had nothing that could even begin to fight them because they were in upper orbit and easily deflected anything that launched from Earth. Miranda would have been a kind of martyr figure, horribly disfigured though still somewhat recognizable.

Trivia: Wendy/Wendi Kenya (Buboltz) was an incredible good sport about the outfit and contacts that irritated her eyes during filming of the cinematics. Edward Albert Jr. was a total professional and took his work very seriously, was also a very gracious, friendly guy. I was really bummed to hear he died fairly young.

In retrospect, the game was a mixed bag as anyone who worked on it would agree, but we had a lot of fun doing it and the opportunity to 'make a Playstation game' for a full publisher like Mindscape was maybe a once in a lifetime event that I'll never forget. I miss that time and all my friends on the team. A lot of folks worked very, very hard on that game to make it happen. I'll always remember.

Steel Harbinger may not have been the best game but I always thought it was neat.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.
I love how a single screenshot shows you exactly why you should not play the game

https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/993791622298058752

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
I played Fortnite for the first time last night. I don't think it's for me, but maybe it would be more fun with goons and a headset.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

You know what’s a fun game? Mirror’s Edge

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Samuringa posted:

I love how a single screenshot shows you exactly why you should not play the game

https://twitter.com/Siliconera/status/993791622298058752

Sold

FauxLeather
Nov 7, 2016

Um Bongo

LawfulWaffle posted:

I played Fortnite for the first time last night. I don't think it's for me, but maybe it would be more fun with goons and a headset.

It's the type of game that definitely clicks with you harder the more you play it. Having a couple buds show you around for your first few games makes all the difference because the majority of the player base at this point is insanely skilled.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Jay Rust posted:

Agreed, no other game I've seen has given me the rush I got from parkouring all over rooftops.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Opened my eyes.

Jay Rust posted:

Just finished Catalyst and the gameplay was great. You don't just have a Kick button - you can Side Kick enemies into each other or into walls or over rails and you can pull them towards you, dodge and then kick their backs.

10/Kick

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Any game with a dedicated kick button, where you can kick people off ledges gets an automatic A+ from me.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Samuringa posted:

It always baffles me that reviews have scores, why include something that completely invalidates the writing?

Most people never actually read a review, including production companies. See: the most popular movie review aggregator not even averaging reviews but % of reviews arbitrarily and questionably labeled as positive.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

urbies loving own and i appreciate this shitpost video for that

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

If you don't put number between 7 and 10 at the end of a review you lose a ton of views. I would assume even if you do include it people would just go to metacritic to see it anyway.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

GUI posted:

Asura's Wrath was a good game.

I love it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

FirstAidKite posted:

My sleep schedule is misaligned with the days in such a way that it is constantly wrecking itself until it wrecks itself so hard that it goes back to normal for a few days before the process gradually repeats itself.

Yup

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Do you get enough exercise? Also are you using f.lux or other screen dimming software on your PC or phone

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Pinball Arcade Losing Over 50 Bally and Williams Tables On June 30th
Farsight Studios have announced via Facebook that their licensing agreement for the Williams and Bally pinball trademarks will not be renewed. Tables manufactured by those two companies will no longer be purchasable within Pinball Arcade on all platforms. This includes everything from Medival Madness and Black Knight 2000 to licensed titles such as Doctor Who and Terminator 2: Judgement Day. The latter pair is notable, as they are two of the five crowdfunded tables present in the current game. All these Kickstarter successes will no longer be available to purchase once the update rolls out.

Overall, Pinball Arcade will be reduced from the current 95 tables to just 33.

Lol. Mega RIP. Just say you're not supporting the game anymore. De-list it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

precision posted:

Other than being a bit short, it's fantastic

Sick, ty.

Love that its apparently not even three hours, all I know want for God of War to do rn is end

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Kill all padding

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Holy poo poo that loving sucks for Pinball Arcade, I've put so much time into it. This basically kills the game. Guess I better make sure I have all the essential poo poo before it gets delisted.

Guess this is why it got taken off Switch so fast. I was looking forward to having it portable but looks like that's never gonna happen.

• Locked thread