Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

rope kid posted:

Allies should not auto-attack Charmed/Dominated allies.

Any Intellect Inspiration should counter Confused/Charmed/Dominated.

Yup, this works, and you can script the casting of intellect inspirations on intellect afflictions fairly easily.

You can also dominate charmed allies, but those allies will continue to proc friendly fire, which I think isn't a bug (as I discovered to my surprise when I re-charmed my Returning Storm druid).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

stealing is just as great as ever

I just stole the krakens eye, and sure enough the innkeeper says "we may as well change the name now that the eye is gone". I was really hoping for a response "You mean this eye? [Shows eye]" -> combat but lol

TEENAGE WITCH
Jul 20, 2008

NAH LAD
this is going 2 be the best anime dating sim in 2018, dont @ me

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
My 10-minutes-in-hot-take is that I really want a sound option to disable the "narrator".

I don't mind fully voiced dialog at all, but hearing narration even for the descriptions is actively disruptive to how I read and picture what the text is saying.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

rope kid posted:

Allies should not auto-attack Charmed/Dominated allies.

Any Intellect Inspiration should counter Confused/Charmed/Dominated.

*slams the purchase button*

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Scoss posted:

My 10-minutes-in-hot-take is that I really want a sound option to disable the "narrator".

I don't mind fully voiced dialog at all, but hearing it even for the descriptions is actively disruptive to how I read and picture what the text is saying.
Narrator VO only occurs during the prologue and 4 major game points. For most of the game, prose is not narrated.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

Orlans can't have custom facial hair like they could in POE

first they're slaves and now they can't even have a beard, what the gently caress rope kid

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
I love that my animal companion actually shows up in the prologue. Just you and me against the fucker that crashed our castle, buddy.
e: Okay, Edér, you can come, too.

Also my lion lacks decorum.

Wizard Styles fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 8, 2018

Adnor
Jan 11, 2013

Justice for Daisy

I'm already stuck.

I cannot decide what character I want to make. Normally I roll with rogues in RPGs, but there are so many options. And multiclassing oh my god why.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Pro-tip: tell Eder you have no idea who he is.

Just in general, if you get the "POE1" icon, choose that poo poo. Trust me.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer

rope kid posted:

I was (and still am) concerned that inserting a 15-30 minute define your save state menu in the middle of the prologue/immediately before character creation would be worse for pacing than making people do it through the main menu options.

Sure, but I just sat through the prologue before I realized I had to set a save state in the menu but had to tab out and force-close the game as there was no option to go back, which seemed weird. Either way it could be explained more clearly.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

I want some die hard evil companions

which ones are "evil" in 2

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Meyers-Briggs Testicle posted:

I want some die hard evil companions

which ones are "evil" in 2

from a certain point of view all of them except shark boi I guess???

Maia (imperialist footsoldier)
Serafen (Pirate)
Pallegina (imperialist footsoldier)
Eder (worships the main villain)
Xoti (worships the main villain)

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

rope kid posted:

Narrator VO only occurs during the prologue and 4 major game points. For most of the game, prose is not narrated.

Praise the lord.

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!
Just for clarity, if you're importing a save do you do it in the prologue or in the options?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
hahah looks like obsidian forums went down.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

MMF Freeway posted:

Just for clarity, if you're importing a save do you do it in the prologue or in the options?

Prologue when you sit down with Berath. You should have the button then.

Being able to pick your party member's class is great. And Eder is still great.

Edit: don't pick the Vox Machina voice packs unless you are into that thing, there's some bizarre references in the Laura Bailey barks that I have no idea what they are about and are not relevant to POE at all, they're breaking mah immersion.

Edit 2: praise ropekid you can change voice packs and portraits on the fly.

Sulphagnist fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 8, 2018

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Probably gonna go Berserker/some Monk subclass, just wondering for anyone who's played beta or whatever.

If I have two other tankier characters how much trouble is my Berserker likely to get in? Will my Wound gain be poo poo without Shattered Pillar or is SP likely not worth it?

Cause Berserker/Helwalker with Turning Wheel and Enduring Dance up just sitting on Wounds is looking mighty tempting...assuming I can find a balance between sitting at 0 Wounds and dying.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
It may have been in prologue if you import? For further clarity, can you go through your imported state to check for bugs like Eder flag or do you have to figure it out from dialogue?

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I really like how i was able to import my save but was still able to otherwise completely rebuild that character. I was concerned I would end up stuck with my lazy choices from basically not even reading character creation during my last poe 1 run

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
An hour & a half in and I'm barely past the first combat encounter. Just soaking it all in. Was super happy with the beta but this is exceeding my expectations. Congrats to Obsidian & rope kid!

Joink
Jan 8, 2004

What if I told you cod is no longer a fish :coolfish:

Insurrectionist posted:

Probably gonna go Berserker/some Monk subclass, just wondering for anyone who's played beta or whatever.

If I have two other tankier characters how much trouble is my Berserker likely to get in? Will my Wound gain be poo poo without Shattered Pillar or is SP likely not worth it?

Cause Berserker/Helwalker with Turning Wheel and Enduring Dance up just sitting on Wounds is looking mighty tempting...assuming I can find a balance between sitting at 0 Wounds and dying.

Nalpazca is the one true path of the monk. Take a rip from the bong, punch some dudes. Be enlightened.

bagrada
Aug 4, 2007

The Demogorgon is tired of your silly human bickering!

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

hahah looks like obsidian forums went down.

I've been trying to log in to their website to enter some more codes since around when the game went live, kept timing out.

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Is there a way to turn off subtitles for the opening movie etc? I can't find it in the options.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Whoops, F8 isn’t quicksave. Bad Subjunctive, replay that cave.

Are the enemies intentionally undertuned in the post-shipwreck areas? I’m on Classic and just detonating things, but I don’t know how I could play less cleverly or anything.

Also, AI being enabled for the PC sort of took me out if the game. I totally get companions doing their own thing, but it felt weird to be “possessed” and start running after enemies.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

So I'm just getting done with my PoE1 run before diving into deadfire - folks mentioned tempering Abydon and that being the "good" outcome, what are some arguments for that? Ondra is a dick and can take a hike, why should I want to compromise with her?

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009
Is anyone else's game dropping inputs randomly? Maybe one in ten times I'll click and it won't register in-game and it's incredibly annoying. Often the buttons in-game will depress and stay down but not register as pressed.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Subjunctive posted:

Are the enemies intentionally undertuned in the post-shipwreck areas? I’m on Classic and just detonating things, but I don’t know how I could play less cleverly or anything.

Classic is normal which is actually just easy, play on veteran or even potd if you want a challenge. :D

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Avalerion posted:

Classic is normal which is actually just easy, play on veteran or even potd if you want a challenge. :D

Ah, OK.

Baby T. Love posted:

Is anyone else's game dropping inputs randomly? Maybe one in ten times I'll click and it won't register in-game and it's incredibly annoying. Often the buttons in-game will depress and stay down but not register as pressed.

Yes, so annoying.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I can't find my name or handle in the credits because the names don't appear to be in any kind of order.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

double double post post

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

I'm an indecisive dweeb who isn't importing a PoE1 save and I've change my minds a couple times about what I want and that extra time walking to the table really adds up.

I hope they let us jump straight to the history/character creation at some point. The fact that the first game started at creation was a big time saver.

Airfoil
Sep 10, 2013

I'm a rocket man
Is it just me, or does the game often have problems registering mouse clicks?

I find myself having to click twice on dialog options, inventory items, whatever to get any action.

Iymarra
Oct 4, 2010

Survived AGDQ 2018 Awful Games block!
Grimey Drawer
I exited out of character creation without making any choices because I wanted to double-check one of my PoE1 settings (back to main menu) and the game crashed.

Nice.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
dang my PoE save got slightly misread and now eder is very into eothas but i also kind of like that side of him.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

God dammit my beautiful orlan baby didn't import, probably because I completed the quest by killing Simoc THEN stole the drat baby. I wanted to see the ~minor reactivity~ of importing but I want my baby.

Baby T. Love
Aug 5, 2009

Baby T. Love posted:

Airfoil posted:

Is it just me, or does the game often have problems registering mouse clicks?

I find myself having to click twice on dialog options, inventory items, whatever to get any action.

Welp...

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
5 minutes into Monk and already confused about unarmed attacks. Are unarmed considered melee weapons for all intensive purposes? Like Sure Strike on these gloves says +10% crit damage with weapons. I assume that means unarmed attacks too? Just not spells?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

Impermanent posted:

dang my PoE save got slightly misread and now eder is very into eothas but i also kind of like that side of him.

I'm hoping mine goes through cleanly and I keep Da Mayor because I want him to be a cynical counterpart to Xoti.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FlyingCowOfDoom
Aug 1, 2003

let the beat drop

FunkMonkey posted:

I'm hoping mine goes through cleanly and I keep Da Mayor because I want him to be a cynical counterpart to Xoti.

How soon can you tell if your choice translated correctly?