Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

No Mods No Masters posted:

I would assume he's mayor if you pick the disillusioned with the gods option and night market if you pick the faithful option

Ah, probably so yeah.

Anyone have that link to the google doc with all the decisions explained? My memory is apparently poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The reactivity of animations and the weight of everything is such a huge improvement over the first gane

Vanguard Warden
Apr 5, 2009

I am holding a live frag grenade.
Did anyone have an ideal attribute build for covering stat checks before? I'm pretty sure it just involved dumping constitution and keeping everything else high.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Yeah, I was going to make a history so I could see the white march reactivity (never got around to playing it) but then I looked at the million options I have no memory of whatsoever and I gave up and just imported my save

Malek Deneith
Jun 1, 2011
Question, did anyone save the crate with Caed Nua salvage rather than the crewmate in the opening shipwreck sequence? I kind of wonder what I lost by not doing that

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
Don't think this is supposed to happen:

Levelling up as multiclass and getting only one ability kinda suck.

Oh, and if I'm a mage and I can cast spells from grimoires why should I bother spending my points in spells ?

Everything else is pretty great

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

ZZZorcerer posted:

Don't think this is supposed to happen:

Levelling up as multiclass and getting only one ability kinda suck.

Oh, and if I'm a mage and I can cast spells from grimoires why should I bother spending my points in spells ?

Everything else is pretty great

The bird throwing a haymaker is my favorite part. Also multiclasses get an extra ability every new power tier.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Nalzpaca/Berserker may have been a mistake

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Is anyone else getting a hitch every three seconds or so?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

FunkMonkey posted:

The bird throwing a haymaker is my favorite part. Also multiclasses get an extra ability every new power tier.

Not any more. Single classed characters also get a bonus ability every power level and they get more power levels and abilities overall because of that.

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Zore posted:

Not any more. Single classed characters also get a bonus ability every power level and they get more power levels and abilities overall because of that.

Ah, I didn't know that. Weak.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

marshmallow creep posted:

I was, I restarted and was good though.

Also I immediately robbed the Dawnstars on the road because I'm a filthy rogue who did that nonstop in the first game... except this time I am now getting immediately lectured by Eder for being a piece of poo poo and he's threatening to bail on me. ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES, Y'ALL.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Malek Deneith posted:

Question, did anyone save the crate with Caed Nua salvage rather than the crewmate in the opening shipwreck sequence? I kind of wonder what I lost by not doing that

I did, but it had the preorder stuff in it so I dunno what that was about. Guy is a ghost on the ship though, so I told him he could stay if he wants

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Bout to launch this mofo and do a priest/wizard multi baldur's gate style. I'll see if it has the same problem high level c/ms had in Bg (missing cool af high level poo poo).

Don't much care about optimization on my initial run though. Plenty of time to sperg on subsequent runs.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!

Yes, fiddled with in-game graphics and didn't solve it. Updating drivers now.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

I like how my wolf companion keeps biting his own tail. Also holy poo poo blunderbusses suck rear end now.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
So apparently porting the save leads to some bugs? Do I still get the PoE1 "light" bits if I do a buildout of my options?

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

Milli posted:

I was, I restarted and was good though.

Also I immediately robbed the Dawnstars on the road because I'm a filthy rogue who did that nonstop in the first game... except this time I am now getting immediately lectured by Eder for being a piece of poo poo and he's threatening to bail on me. ACTIONS HAVE CONSEQUENCES, Y'ALL.

Eder we've known each other a long time you know what happens to people who get lippy with me. Remember those mercenaries we ran into on the egg job? Yeah you know you do.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also how are lions. I want my Lion bro to be good but it was objectively the worst companion in 1. :(

RPZip
Feb 6, 2009

WORDS IN THE HEART
CANNOT BE TAKEN
Can you not pick subclasses for companions? I was planning on making Eder a Streetfighter/Tank Fighter thing but it didn't give me the option.

Kaldaris
Aug 10, 2008

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!
Awesome possum!
So .... Anyone else getting a bug where you literally can't move anywhere because the game reads all the terrain as unpathable? Without irony, the game is literally unplayable.

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
I've spent the entire wait thinking "hyep, monk/cipher for sure," but now that I actually see the monk higher level powers, I'm torn...

Octo1
May 7, 2009
Are there poe1 reactivity bugs other than from imported saves? I made a custom save and picked the ending where Eder ends up as mayor of Dyrford, and sure enough he had a medallion in his inventory confirming that, but then I asked him what he did after the first game's ending and he said that he went to Aedyr??

Edit: Oh hey, an update already, let's see if that fixes it

Octo1 fucked around with this message at 21:55 on May 8, 2018

Utritum
May 2, 2009
College Slice
Could someone tell me how I can get the game to show what effect dialogue choices has on personality/reputation? The option doesn't appear to be in the same place as PoE1.

Traxis
Jul 2, 2006

Yes and it is insanely annoying.

Utritum posted:

Could someone tell me how I can get the game to show what effect dialogue choices has on personality/reputation? The option doesn't appear to be in the same place as PoE1.

It is under the Difficulty tab in the options menu

Traxis fucked around with this message at 21:54 on May 8, 2018

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I managed to focus it down to cipher/rogue but now I'm torn on kits. Beguiler seems like it would work well with and the penalty probably won't matter if I'm backstabbing anyway and soul blade seems like it could do crazy damage.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Autonomous Monster posted:

I am extremely ready to ask "do fists count as dual-wielding" for the fifth time despite knowing the answer every time.

Also: anyone interested in telling me how to class Xoti. Sickle & lamp seems cool as gently caress and makes me want to have her mix it up in melee... but PL9 priest spells!! And I'm already a monk myself...

Priest was the most important class in PoE1, and Xoti is the only companion who can be one outside of zero personality mercenaries. I'd have a hard time justifying going monk or priest/monk. Plenty of others can fulfill the front-line brawler role. I doubt any can fulfill a priest's role as well as a priest.

DrManiac posted:

I managed to focus it down to cipher/rogue but now I'm torn on kits. Beguiler seems like it would work well with and the penalty probably won't matter if I'm backstabbing anyway and soul blade seems like it could do crazy damage.

Soul blade seems boring imo. Instead of having a variety of cool spells, you just use your focus on a generic "hit single dude for some damage" skill. Yawn.

Vargs fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 8, 2018

mem
Sep 1, 2005
Didn't notice the graphics hitching but I definitely get some kind of hitch in the music at times during dialogue. In a game with this much dialogue I fear for my sanity.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
dumb question as I haven't gotten home yet to try the game yet:

I backed with a shirt and hoodie option, any estimate as to what I actually ordered and when it might ship?

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Vargs posted:

Priest was the most important class in PoE1, and Xoti is the only companion who can be one outside of zero personality mercenaries. I'd have a hard time justifying going monk or priest/monk. Plenty of others can fulfill the front-line brawler role. I doubt any can fulfill a priest's role as well as a priest.

The removal of the endurance/health split mechanic means that straight up heals are far more powerful in POE2, and Priest don't have exclusivity on that.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!

Eggnogium posted:

Yes, fiddled with in-game graphics and didn't solve it. Updating drivers now.

Not sure if it was the new drivers or just restarting the game but it is gone for the moment.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Scorchy posted:

The removal of the endurance/health split mechanic means that straight up heals are far more powerful in POE2, and Priest don't have exclusivity on that.

Is anyone else as good at clearing negative effects and boosting party accuracy though? That was the real reason to take a priest in PoE1.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Just beelined to the first port so far, I will say one thing I really enjoy about this game compared to PoE already is how diverse it is. In PoE1 you basically just ran into Dyrwoodans over and over until you reached Defiance Bay, with party-members the only exceptions. Port Maje already has a bunch of Vailians, a lead on a Huana village, Xoti's group of Readceran Dawnstars and some scattered nobodies speaking with good old Dyrwoodan dialects to boot. Really makes Deadfire seem like a more expansive and varied place. Hopefully that continues and it's not all Vailians with some Huana/Rauatai Aumaua thrown in from now on.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
I was thinking of going Fighter/Cipher, but is Fighter/Druid also a decent combo?

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Vargs posted:

Is anyone else as good at clearing negative effects and boosting party accuracy though? That was the real reason to take a priest in PoE1.

Inspirations (counter-buffs) are a bit more spread out across classes this time around, Chanters for example have some overlap, and most classes can at least self-buff.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

After reading about the costs of multiclassing (specifically, that you can never get rank 8 or 9 abilities), I'm starting to reconsider. Especially for a pseudo-caster like Cipher, I'd imagine those high-rank abilities are really drat good and I'll be sad not to have them when I get to the late-game.

Maybe I'll just go pure Shattered Pillar Monk? I dunno, I like Cipher a lot, but a purely damage-focused Monk who doesn't need to take damage himself sounds like a lot of fun. Or pure Ascendant Cipher, but that seems a little iffier, depending on how good Cipher is at melee damage on its own.

Harrow fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 8, 2018

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Is Eothas supposed to be bad because he destoyed that loving stronghold?

What are the major difference coming of POE1? Endurance is now gone, skills are expanded, and talents and abilities have been merged anyway.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Like I get that the new lighting effects are kinda pretty but I am not at all into every interior being dark as gently caress now.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

Scott Forstall posted:

dumb question as I haven't gotten home yet to try the game yet:

I backed with a shirt and hoodie option, any estimate as to what I actually ordered and when it might ship?

Email them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Because some people will have missed this, there's free launch day DLC:

Deadfire Scavenger Hunt (free) - Online ARG to get bonus items. Register your Obsidian account here, then enter these codes from hidden marketing materials.

Critical Role (free) - 8 additional voice sets and portraits, check this page: https://store.steampowered.com/app/855930/Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire__Critical_Role_Pack/