Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

lurksion posted:

Does anyone know if there is a point to this BTW?

Yes, you can do the treaty quest through stealth that way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Buck Wildman
Mar 30, 2010

I am Metango, Galactic Governor

General Emergency posted:

Is level scaling something I want to play with?

It depends on how comfortable you are with what will probably be a gradual decline in difficulty over the course of the game. I'm using it after my experience with the first game.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Having some annoyance with the AI scripting. I'm running an Assassin/Beguiler, and I've got Eyestrike and Crippling Strike set to cast on enemies with no afflictions (Specifically "Target: Has Affliction(s)" with the Not box checked), but my dude proceeds to run up on an enemy, Crippling Strike that one person three times in a row, and then stands around and casts Eyestrike constantly until out of focus. Is the AI not working properly, or am I missing something?

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Has anyone successfully recruited Fassina yet? I did her little side quest and I'm not getting the option, wondering if I did it wrong or if there's something else I have to do first.
I could recruit her after I did the quest that has you steal a stone tablet from Arkemyr. She can be involved in that quest, so I guess that's why you can't recruit her before finishing it.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
How do I even turn level scaling on? Right now clicking anywhere near the box in the options does nothing.

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

wjs5 posted:

So what does the mod actually do? I cant check it while im at work.

normally when you click 'close to board' in ship combat you take heavy damage

this makes it so you take no damage and just start fighting

its for people who don't like ship combat and would rather just fisticuffs the other captain

neurotic
Apr 27, 2013

bagrada posted:

God I hope this is real. Someone on reddit posted that they betrayed Hylea the bird goddess in PoE1 and now in Deadfire she won't stop making GBS threads on their ship. GOTY.

I can attest to that.

Gyoru
Jul 13, 2004

Lprsti99 posted:

Having some annoyance with the AI scripting. I'm running an Assassin/Beguiler, and I've got Eyestrike and Crippling Strike set to cast on enemies with no afflictions (Specifically "Target: Has Affliction(s)" with the Not box checked), but my dude proceeds to run up on an enemy, Crippling Strike that one person three times in a row, and then stands around and casts Eyestrike constantly until out of focus. Is the AI not working properly, or am I missing something?

Are you putting a cooldown on that conditional set? Sounds like you left it at the default of 0 so it's spamming it constantly. I usually use 15-20 as default and raise it if needed.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Gyoru posted:

Are you putting a cooldown on that conditional set? Sounds like you left it at the default of 0 so it's spamming it constantly. I usually use 15-20 as default and raise it if needed.
But if it checks to see if the target does or does not have a particular affliction, it shouldn't cast Eyestrike repeatedly unless all of them missed.

Dallan Invictus
Oct 11, 2007

The thing about words is that meanings can twist just like a snake, and if you want to find snakes, look for them behind words that have changed their meaning.

Ravenfood posted:

How do I even turn level scaling on? Right now clicking anywhere near the box in the options does nothing.

I'm like 90% sure that it can only be changed at game start.

Lucky for me I was going to restart that run ANYWAY because of the save import bugs. Dare I hope there's a hotfix (even a Steam beta?) today?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Wizard Styles posted:

I didn't know there was a cosmic cat pet but trying, well, COSMIC CAT as a code worked.
So now I've got a cosmic cat, a cosmic dog, a cosmic bird and two cosmic pigs, one of which is a pirate.

I'll never forgive Obsidian for killing off zombie cat, but this lessens the pain.

Also, found the first Wizard spells you can't learn regularly:

Ninagauth's Teachings is a grimoire in Arkemyr's Mansion. In a chest with a difficulty 10 (I think) lock, I had to cheat to even be able to open it and will have to come back to get the grimoire legitimately later.

Spells: https://imgur.com/a/EGTw9qD

If you want to raise Mechanics, you can purchase burglar's gloves at the tailor shop and thieve's putty and the magic item shop, both in the same zone as arkemyr's.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
Best bros

Hanging Sepulcher owns

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Gyoru posted:

:doh: I didn't even think of that, I assumed it would just not find a valid target and skip that one. Thanks!

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

If you want to raise Mechanics, you can purchase burglar's gloves at the tailor shop and thieve's putty and the magic item shop, both in the same zone as arkemyr's.
I could but I'd have to cheat to get the money because I'm flat broke. :v:

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

lurksion posted:

Oh one more annoying thing - windowed fullscreen is borked if you have any custom resolutions > native resolution in size setup.

Even when they were disabled in driver control panel (and thus theoretically not supposed to be visible to be selected), Deadfire manages to pull them out and fubar poo poo up.

That’s why I don’t get WFS offered! Thank you!

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

hell yes

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
If anyone is chasing cheevos, the herbalists' shop in pireki's overlook is basically a one stop crafting station. Go there, save, sell everything, but whatever you need to craft bombs, scrolls, and potions, get three berath's blessing achievements in a single stop.

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Just popping in here because I don't want spoilers, but I've heard in the Steam thread that there are problems importing your character- how bad is it? Any issues I should look out for?

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

CommissarMega posted:

Just popping in here because I don't want spoilers, but I've heard in the Steam thread that there are problems importing your character- how bad is it? Any issues I should look out for?

There's a few misfires about companions, mostly about Eder. It's not affecting my experience overmuch but your mileage may vary.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Not sure what to do with Maia. I'm already a ranger so I don't really need another, but I'm not sure multiclassing will help her...

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013
Seems to be some issues with Eder’s ending and the fan favourite baby ending. They’ve announced that they’ve identified the problem and a hot fix is in the works.

EFB

Gorelab
Dec 26, 2006

So I'm having a weird bug with Eder, for some reason when using the in game save creation thing, I picked for Eder to have his faith strengthed, but instead of the Night Market stuff I get him as having moved to Aedyr like I picked that I never finished his quest.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
So far I've played for about 15 hours and restarted 3 times. So good game. It's already hooked me faster than the first one did.

My only issue is I'm having issues with my mouse but I don't know if it's the game or my mouse. Sometimes clicking on something is unresponsive other times its like I double clicked something. Using my keyboard is a lot more reliable in regards to picking options.

Also, I created a world state but sometimes I think the wrong decision is triggering. Like I got that farmer to be anti-god but sometimes he seems pro-god. Also the baby showed up in the beginning but now I'm on a boat and I don't see her so I dunno.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
ranger/changer's not a bad combo - a lot of passive utility combined with occasional actives is a smooth "fills-all-holes" spot.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Leveling seems really fast in this game. Not even out of the first island and I’m level five. Does that taper off at some point?

MMF Freeway
Sep 15, 2010

Later!

corn in the bible posted:

Not sure what to do with Maia. I'm already a ranger so I don't really need another, but I'm not sure multiclassing will help her...

Boat duty forever otherwise probably the wizard multi for the best utility.

Spikeguy posted:

So far I've played for about 15 hours and restarted 3 times. So good game. It's already hooked me faster than the first one did.

My only issue is I'm having issues with my mouse but I don't know if it's the game or my mouse. Sometimes clicking on something is unresponsive other times its like I double clicked something. Using my keyboard is a lot more reliable in regards to picking options.

Also, I created a world state but sometimes I think the wrong decision is triggering. Like I got that farmer to be anti-god but sometimes he seems pro-god. Also the baby showed up in the beginning but now I'm on a boat and I don't see her so I dunno.

People were saying that turning off steam overlay will fix input issues.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

chaosapiant posted:

Leveling seems really fast in this game. Not even out of the first island and I’m level five. Does that taper off at some point?

Yes it slows. The game gets better when you have more skills than knockdown, hobble, and magic missiles twice per fight. The less time spent below level 5 the better!

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
eder getting up in my rear end just because i robbed those eothasians blind GEEZ, arent we being dramatic mister

without me their shitwagon would still be stuck on that road! just the cost of doin' business in the deadfire

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
what happens when you get your companions angry too much. do they leave or....?

After all we've been through Eder, surely some minor larceny isn't going to drive a wedge between us? I bet you wouldn't have cared if they were magranites, you hypocrite

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"Negotiations were going well. They were very impressed by my hat." -Issaries the Concilliator"
Anyone know where the Tawone NPC is?

I'm doing "Coming to terms" quest and just need to return to him, but he's not in front of the Vailian building.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Can anyone point me to an "uncharted" island? Seems to be the only achievement I have left that doesn't involve actually doing something difficult like solving a questline.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Found the most important store

divx
Aug 21, 2005

CommissarMega posted:

It gets the endings wrong for some characters, but it also gets things wrong if you try to build a save in game so :shrug:

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
it's not liked i robbed them because they happened to believe in the same dumb god who destroyed my house as you, i just robbed them because they left their valuables unattended

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010
i like how the game is goign to have each companion have at least one Not A Good Look moment by midway it feels like.

Axetrain
Sep 14, 2007

Any ideas what Cipher synergizes well with? Wanna try out multiclassing this time around.

onesixtwo
Apr 27, 2014

Don't you realize that being nice just makes you get hurt?
Just posting to say that I’m story mode rushing through WM1 (finished lastnight, hello Cannons), WM2, and Act3 before I start PoE2. I’m really glad to be doing this. The entire interior of Durgan’s Battery was awesome.

Is there any difference between using the imported saves, or just generating them? Beyond the obvious of being able to change story choices, of course. People keep mentioning whether Eder started with certain equipment based on his endings, etc. Considering how much I re-think options, I was planning to just do a custom start instead of importing, but don’t want to lose out on any bonus items for importing a complete game.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Pillbug

Axetrain posted:

Any ideas what Cipher synergizes well with? Wanna try out multiclassing this time around.

I'm enjoying Beguiler/Assassin so far, there's a lot of synergy there.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Axetrain posted:

Anything melee with Soul Blade is a strong combination because you'll build focus with the melee attacks you're already doing, then you can dump it into a massively strong melee attack.

And Beguiler/Rogue, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Spikeguy posted:

It’s not your mouse.