Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Thanks, I'll try to finish Yakuza 6 before this.

(LOL at "Kiryu doesn't kill people" as he throws an explosive barrel DK-style that detonates and engulfs dozens of men in a gigantic fireball)

Those were rubber explosions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Convex posted:

I'm half expecting the Wii version to end fighting cthulu in space

well,

e; actually sorry that's star allies

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

My old housemate left behind a lot of food

you hate throwing out food out too eh?

my gf is one of those people that will throw everything a second past the expiration date even if it looks completely fine and it drives me nuts

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
just lmao if you keep more than a week's worth of food in your house at any given time

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

babypolis posted:

you hate throwing out food out too eh?

my gf is one of those people that will throw everything a second past the expiration date even if it looks completely fine and it drives me nuts

I tried to mitigate his wastefulness but after a few servings of the granola I ended up tossing the rest because even if it didn't actively damage my health it still tasted stale.

The same with his rice cakes. I mean the rice cakes probably didn't taste great when they were produced, but three years in the pantry did them no favors

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

I never throw food away because I eat it all with great speed and vigor.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Convex posted:

The only one i played before this was on the NES when I was about 10. I think the final boss was a giant eyeball monster than cried blood as you killed it

that's kirby's dreamland 3 for super nintendo

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Hey I keep getting owned in Invisible Inc. while I figure out the mechanics but I already like it

I'm going to try out the guy who has the amazing special ability of having A Gun and just burying some of these jerk guards who keep shooting me dead

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
prob gonna buy bayonetta tonight, im excited about it

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I bought Destiny 2 for $12. I also bought an Overwatch skin for $15. I'm pretty pleased with both purchases.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Expect My Mom posted:

Happy Mother's Day

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Expect My Mom posted:

It's the best 3rd person brawler ever probably- what system ya buying it on?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
i played ultimate spider-man for like 20 minutes before uninstalling it cause it just made me wanna go back to playing spider-man 2. so i guess i won't be replaying web of shadows, ever

such is the fate of all later open world spider-man games... somehow 2 is the only one where the web slinging feels fun

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I can't believe Venom kills the balloon kid.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I beat DDS2. What an incredible game

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Snooze Cruise posted:

I can't believe Venom kills the balloon kid.

most hosed up part of ultimate spider-man tbh

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

Monkey Fracas posted:

It's the best 3rd person brawler ever probably- what system ya buying it on?
Switch, baybee

In Training posted:

I beat DDS2. What an incredible game
Heat Did Nothing Wrong

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

The Colonel posted:

most hosed up part of ultimate spider-man tbh

people who get really mad at annoying kids in things and wish to kill them are weird and yeah i don't like that part of the game

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
After seeing my parents this weekend, i was originally intending on gathering up some old N64 and Gamecube games to sell, but now there's suddenly an N64 set up in front of the tv and I'm not sure what happened

Wildtortilla
Jul 8, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

I'm taking an environmental career class next semester to see if there is anything there for me

I'm a professional geologist and have worked along side biologists and engineers so if you have any questions or whatever about the environmental world I'm happy to offer insight.

I worked on a drill rigs for several years drilling at contaminated sites, I currently work on the state government side of public water supply, and in the next few weeks I'm going to start working at my state's geologic survey to manage GIS data and make figures for publications.

I like art and video games too and GIS is my happy place. Making professional quality maps scratches the technical and artistic parts of my brain. I use lots of cool technology to collect data and then make it look really nice so people can understand it. You should check out GIS/drafting. It's a nice balance of satisfying technical and creative urges.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I don't have a clean pic of it but here's Kiryu telling you a life lesson

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 03:40 on May 10, 2018

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I just saw two TV commercials in a row, from Facebook and Wells Fargo, that were the same template of "Sorry we were extremely lovely mega-corporations, but trust us, everything is gonna be different"

Who do these commercials actually convince

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

I just saw two TV commercials in a row, from Facebook and Wells Fargo, that were the same template of "Sorry we were extremely lovely mega-corporations, but trust us, everything is gonna be different"

Who do these commercials actually convince

They are meant to convince the investors who think those are convincing to poor people that the company will save its image

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I see people in Splatoon 2 who are level 70 and I am trying to understand how. That is a lot of playing Splatoon 2 to get to that point.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Posted this in the Switch thread, but I just got done playing Mario Kart 8 with Nathan Barnatt, aka Keith Apicary. Even won a couple races! Pretty awesome.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

oh god i just made a thread in games, i'm scared

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i just got back into Slay the Spire and it's even better than before. definitely worth picking up for the discounted early access price, as it's basically a complete game right now, with just a bit more incoming before the launch.

check it out if you like Darkest Dungeon and card games

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I said come in! posted:

I see people in Splatoon 2 who are level 70 and I am trying to understand how. That is a lot of playing Splatoon 2 to get to that point.

Level 70 is nothing, im almsot level 65 after about 320 hours, the wild maniacs you have to look out for is people with stars next to their name which means theyre level 100+, the highest ive seen is 175 in the wild

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

mutata posted:

I bought Destiny 2 for $12. I also bought an Overwatch skin for $15. I'm pretty pleased with both purchases.

I'm really tempted by cheap D2 because I haven't enjoyed a singleplayer/pve fps in years and Destiny at least has lots of non hitscan enemies and I love the Halo campaigns but man, so much about it seems so incredibly lovely

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

I'm really tempted by cheap D2 because I haven't enjoyed a singleplayer/pve fps in years and Destiny at least has lots of non hitscan enemies and I love the Halo campaigns but man, so much about it seems so incredibly lovely

Play Titanfall 2, its the only FPS in like a decade that has a cool campaign.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
I would say that playing Destiny (2) as a solo game would not be very enjoyable

heck playing it with other people isn't very enjoyable either

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

corn in the bible posted:

I don't have a clean pic of it but here's Kiryu telling you a life lesson

:smaug: kiryu stands with furries :furcry:

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

In Training posted:

It looks like the coolest take by far on the low ttk iron sights shooter which is a type of game I really don't like outside of like, EYE, but yeah that factory level looks insanely loving cool and having a villain of the level mech boss fight every level seems great

DO4M would probably be right up my alley but unfortunately it completely cooks my computer.

e; i liked the look of the milk waterfall level of D2 they showed off in promos but, yeah...

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

In Training posted:

are we not considering Far Cry to be an FPS here orrrrrr :confused:

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

In Training posted:

doom came out in 2016 though

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

cheetah7071 posted:

In Training is right.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-switch-virtual-console-isnt-happening/1100-6458803/

Nintendoooooooooo

quote:

Nintendo has confirmed that Virtual Console will not return on Switch. In a statement to GameSpot, the company said, "There are currently no plans to bring classic games together under the Virtual Console banner as has been done on other Nintendo systems."

In lieu of the Virtual Console, Nintendo will offer a program called "NES - Nintendo Switch Online." As one of the benefits for subscribing to Switch's upcoming paid online service, players will have access to a library of classic NES games, all of which will feature enhancements such as online play. At launch, the service will feature 20 games, including classics like Super Mario Bros. 3 and The Legend of Zelda. Nintendo says that additional titles will be added to the library regularly.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

We already knew that I thought?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

cheetah7071 posted:

:woomy:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

precision posted:

are we not considering Far Cry to be an FPS here orrrrrr :confused:

sticking that gameplay model in an open world instead of the whack a mole corridors in cod games is more interesting but still incredibly boring to me.

i liked how colorful 4 was though and it's funny because the genocidal dictator kind of looks like gay julian assange

• Locked thread