Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I feel weird about it since I've never gotten all the way through either of the originals but I'm gonna play the Doom 2 wad known as Ancient Aliens

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

DisDisDis posted:

It looks like the coolest take by far on the low ttk iron sights shooter which is a type of game I really don't like outside of like, EYE, but yeah that factory level looks insanely loving cool and having a villain of the level mech boss fight every level seems great

DO4M would probably be right up my alley but unfortunately it completely cooks my computer.

e; i liked the look of the milk waterfall level of D2 they showed off in promos but, yeah...

Titanfall 2 is the best FPS in years. Better than Doom imo

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

https://twitter.com/SNKPofficial/status/994399824362393600

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
bayonetta is very cool but boy do i have no idea what im doing or should be doing.

so im just wearing peachs dress and kicking

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

How many thousands of dollars will it cost?

Expect My Mom posted:

bayonetta is very cool but boy do i have no idea what im doing or should be doing.

Dodge to get witch time is the #1 most important thing. In terms of combos, the last hit (wicked weave) is the most powerful. PKP is the fastest route to it with the guns, but if you learn dodge offsetting you can get the longer ones more reliably. There's also no shame in just using the punch chain, but if you want to start styling you'll want to break yourself of that sooner rather than later.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 05:19 on May 10, 2018

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Bleh, that looks really uncomfortable to play on

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

chumbler posted:

How many thousands of dollars will it cost?

And will it run like rear end?

Really no one should touch this thing until someone confirms this thing isn't a steaming pile after the Neo Geo X debacle

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

DisDisDis posted:

I feel weird about it since I've never gotten all the way through either of the originals but I'm gonna play the Doom 2 wad known as Ancient Aliens

ancient aliens is insanely good, excellent choice

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That stick looks so hosed Up

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

gently caress you SNk this shits rear end

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I bought season 1 of pinball arcade out of respect to the pinball guys for all the work they've done over the years and it's an awesome collection of tables with some incredible attention to detail. Sad their work is just gone forever now

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

at risk of being called out for touching the poop: every time i see your av i try to work out what the hell is going on with her perspective/posture, and I still haven't got it

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

i'm like comic book nerd in here, complaining that a drawing looks anatomically unlikely

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DisDisDis posted:

don't worry, vanilla doom 2 sucks. pretty much all of the fun in doom 2 is playing the cool wads built on it cause the base map set is pretty dire

og doom 2 is where most of my classic fps level design distaste is aimed at cause it's one of the first i played and one of the last few maps has a bit where you can't progress without shooting an untelegraphed wall

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

TITLE DETAILS:
■Product name: NEOGEO mini
■Number of titles: 40 titles
■Display size: 3.5 inches
■Size and weight: W135mm x D108mm x H162mm /600g
■Accessory: Power supply cable (AC adaptor will not be included)
■Connection terminals: HDMI terminal (Input for TV monitor), headphone terminal, 2 external controller terminals

This thing needed to at least be a foot / foot and a half tall to be at all worth it.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

The Colonel posted:

don't worry, vanilla doom 2 sucks. pretty much all of the fun in doom 2 is playing the cool wads built on it cause the base map set is pretty dire

og doom 2 is where most of my classic fps level design distaste is aimed at cause it's one of the first i played and one of the last few maps has a bit where you can't progress without shooting an untelegraphed wall

I was working my way through 1 before which had a few stinkers in my time with it but a lot of really fun levels too. I think 2 is generally less well regarded level design wise but there's some in there that look real fun to me, including barrels of fun lol. Speaking of though, I started replaying Marathon 2 earlier in the year and I've been having a genuinely great time with it. When I beat it the first time I was annoyed it wasn't more of a constant action game but taking it for what it is I'm really enjoying it. Helps that navigating the levels is massively easier for me now than it was when I was younger.

Closed-Down Pizza Parlor posted:

I really wanna get good enough to UV pistol start Sunlust but even the first level of that is way too esports for me. AA's got a much smoother gradient so far. I mean I'm completely expecting to hit a brick wall sooner or later but I'll just have to get good in that case.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

corn in the bible posted:

I don't have a clean pic of it but here's Kiryu telling you a life lesson

I'm glad that the time between 5 coming out and the recent game translations meant someone realised translating okama as 'tranny' was not a good idea.

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

Expect My Mom posted:

thats a good way to start. just go through and have fun and don't worry about your rank. the best way to start getting better, in my opinion, is to try to take fights slow. every attack you have in that game has a charge modifier you get if you hold the attack button instead of just tapping it. getting used to using that will help you tremendously

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DisDisDis posted:

I was working my way through 1 before which had a few stinkers in my time with it but a lot of really fun levels too. I think 2 is generally less well regarded level design wise but there's some in there that look real fun to me, including barrels of fun lol.

barrels of fun is cool, and i remember undead condo being alright, but man the loving city maps and that one super mazelike one in the back half are horrible

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doom 2 maps are way too big

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Ciaphas posted:

at risk of being called out for touching the poop: every time i see your av i try to work out what the hell is going on with her perspective/posture, and I still haven't got it

my theory is shes doing the lying on your side, propped up on elbow sexy pose and has big bobs

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
gently caress the poo poo

gently caress the loving poo poo gently caress

poo poo the gently caress

poo poo the lovely gently caress poo poo

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

FirstAidKite posted:

is this like that thing where the longest english sentence that only uses one word uses the word 'buffalo' except for screwin and poopin

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
No it is a song

GUI
Nov 5, 2005

Is it this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn0E7KnrjtE

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
The underground segments of Gears of War do a great job of emphasising how claustrophobic and isolating it feels and I found a bow that shoots grenades, which is pretty cool. We're now off to get a McGuffin that just happens to be at Marcus's old home which feels a bit convenient but sure, whatever

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=si0pyTfzZgw

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

No, it is this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JqqgmO8VNyU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

I am glad it is just a song and not something bad happening (I assume)

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I never question my gamer abilities. I know exactly how bad I am.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

sharrrk posted:

thats a good way to start. just go through and have fun and don't worry about your rank. the best way to start getting better, in my opinion, is to try to take fights slow. every attack you have in that game has a charge modifier you get if you hold the attack button instead of just tapping it. getting used to using that will help you tremendously
will do, I really need to be shooting more in general i feel. Spinning on your hands and shooting is so good when i remember it.

I'm having fun just replaying the very early chapters and getting Golds and sometimes the rare pure platniums on Verses. gently caress the Alfheim portals tho, no thank you. The shop also has an intimdating amount of options so im trying to not look at as best i can except to buy moves

i love how much im into the story and lore. Still kinda cant believe Ninity has turned a series this loud and horny into a New Nintendo Property

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

chumbler posted:

I never question my gamer abilities. I know exactly how bad I am.

that guy is me playing 2017 goty nier automata

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

DisDisDis posted:

I'm really tempted by cheap D2 because I haven't enjoyed a singleplayer/pve fps in years and Destiny at least has lots of non hitscan enemies and I love the Halo campaigns but man, so much about it seems so incredibly lovely

So like I'm not a picky gamer, but I also don't love every game I try out either. I didn't play Destiny 1 at all. I've played Destiny 2 solo now up through level 7. It feels very Halo. I like the hub worlds where enemies just spawn periodically and other players are milling about and you can just shoot poo poo. The story is fine. It's all pretty chill and fun. It's definitely gonna get stale in another 10 hours. I don't give a poo poo about the cosmetic stuff that's all microtransactiony but I get it if people are.

I dunno, it's fun. It's whatever. I paid $12. That's an insane level of content and quality for that price. It's a very chill shooting game. It's not near as good of gameplay as Titanfall 2, but nothing really is. It's good. It's fine.

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

FirstAidKite posted:

Bad day, friend?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Nah I was just quoting a song, sorry for making people think I was having a bad day!!

My day was okay, had some nightmares while I slept but that's nothing new, only real negative was my memory loving with me so I was annoyed about that.

I finished reading through "Fat Cat At Large" and I can certainly say that it is, in fact, a book.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

FirstAidKite posted:

Nah I was just quoting a song, sorry for making people think I was having a bad day!!

My day was okay, had some nightmares while I slept but that's nothing new, only real negative was my memory loving with me so I was annoyed about that.

I finished reading through "Fat Cat At Large" and I can certainly say that it is, in fact, a book.

who was the culprit

Doom Goon
Sep 18, 2008

Cripes, apparently Metroid Prime has been decompiled and some team is working on getting it to run on (more or less) PCs.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

who was the culprit

The cashier Violet. She's a person in college who is terrible with her money and has no idea how to budget properly so she was hard up for cash to the point of stealing cash out of the till. The first victim, the owner of a donut shop down the street, said he'd pay her to release mice into the kitchen of the Bar None dessert bar store, but when she did, he recanted his offer of paying her so she stabbed him out of anger. Later on, she tried to discuss with the second victim the matter of money since both the first and second victims had promised her money as well as a better paying job if she helped them with trying to get Bar None shut down so that the two victims could purchase the store for cheap and relocate to there. The second victim took out a restraining order because he wanted her to stop bothering him and so she bashed his head in. The third victim didn't die, but she was an elderly lady who lived across the street from the first victim and had identified Violet as having come out of the house covered in blood around the estimated time of the murder. Unfortunately, the police misinterpreted her and thought the girl she was talking about was the main protagonist, Chase. So Violet ended up stealing a blue marble rolling pin from the Bar None kitchen and ran over to the elderly lady's house and struck her over the head with it, but the old lady survived. Violet bought custom designer buttons she would personally sew into her outfits and she was bad at sewing them on because these buttons tended to fall off and they were found at each crime scene. Also, the second victim had taken out a restraining order against Violet before he was killed by her. So Chase and her co-owner of Bar None, Anna, go to dinner and they both realize that Violet must be the killer. They leave the restaurant they're at, head home, and go to call the police to report about Violet when Violet shows up and holds Anna at knife-point and forces Chase to drive them to a dam at lake minnetonka so that Violet can dispose of the two. Initially she's going to bash their heads in with another of Anna's rolling pins, a green marble one, but decides to use a knife instead, but only after she is able to get them tied up. When she meets resistance and realizes she's not going to be able to get both of them tied up without the other one attacking her, she pulls out a gun and orders them to step back. Chase steps back but fakes tripping and falling down, steadying herself on the ground long enough to reach out and grab the green marble rolling pin and using it to strike Vi across the head, causing Vi to fall down. Anna and Chase quickly pin her down and remove the gun from her. The police arrive because during the car ride to the dam, Chase had secretly dialed the case detective's phone number while the phone was inside Anna's purse and then hoped that the detective would pick up and be able to hear Chase talking loudly about how they were going to drive to the dam at lake minnetonka and wondering if Violet was going to kill them with the knife she currently had pointed at Anna's throat.

Also Quincy the cat lost some weight.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

who was the culprit

skinny dog obviously

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A2cUaef2Q6Q
yoshimoto mahjong club deluxe (playstation 1999)
INTRO MOVIE + EXTREMELY SEXY MOVIES

• Locked thread