Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

Tom Hanks really is universally loved.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

Harrow posted:

Outright deleting a motherfucker every now and again does sound like a really good time. That's something that could tempt me away from pure Monk, I think.

I've done this. Trust me it's not worth, Soul Annihilation makes up less than 25% of your overall DPS, you spend most of oyur time just doing "monk stuff" and you feel like a weaker monk.

Pure druggy monk or Shattered Pillar is the way to go.

I'm about to go through the rigmarole and go through character creation midgame to get out of my multiclass (also because Hellblade was silently nerfed on release without any info)

Also on another note, the reward weapon you get for finishing the gullet questline, holy hell that is quite the legendary poleaxe.

Urthor fucked around with this message at 07:01 on May 10, 2018

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

How do you spend the blessing points? I started a new game and did not see anywhere to spend the points I have. Does happen at a certain plot point?

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Is there a way to make my barbarian fight shirtless and get barbarian benefits from doing so or no?

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

Can anyone help a relative computer idiot figure out how to view the game's files?

I used UABE to mess around with items in the first game, but I can't figure out how to open and get inside a file like items.unity3d, if that's even what I'm supposed to be looking for.

I just want to check out what all the different weapons are and try to figure out stuff like how the soulbounds react to different classes.

Edit: using the beta version of UABE works, but drat is this completely unreadable. And I really wonder if I'm looking in the right place.

Heithinn Grasida fucked around with this message at 07:17 on May 10, 2018

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Where's the soonest I can get some traps?

The Ninth Layer
Jun 20, 2007

Well I tried updating my drivers, reinstalling the game, reinstalling the game again to a different hard drive, and I still can't go five minutes without the game freezing up.

I was really looking forward to this one too :(

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

So do i have to go to that pirate fort to get serafas? cause when i told him welcome to the party he just walked back onto his ship and sailed off

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!

Urthor posted:

I've done this. Trust me it's not worth, Soul Annihilation makes up less than 25% of your overall DPS, you spend most of oyur time just doing "monk stuff" and you feel like a weaker monk.

Pure druggy monk or Shattered Pillar is the way to go.

I'm about to go through the rigmarole and go through character creation midgame to get out of my multiclass (also because Hellblade was silently nerfed on release without any info)

Also on another note, the reward weapon you get for finishing the gullet questline, holy hell that is quite the legendary poleaxe.

Yeah, Soul Annihilation isn't that annihilating, I'm noticing. And those high level monk abilities are most likely better then any multiclass, unless you're using the monk to supplement something else.

When I get down to it, I still want those Cipher dialogue options, but I need to probably pay more attention to the other cipher powers and actually...use them. So, now I'm eyeing Fighter, Rogue, and Ranger, and of the three, Ranger's got the actual dialogue options and can still be some dumbfuck dual wielding anime fucker.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Help I can't stop restarting to try new characters. This walk is going to be in my dreams.

Also fighter/rogue Eder is way more disappointing than I hoped he would be. Having tons of CC options seems like a good idea but it seems to just spread him too thin instead.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Found a new wizard spell in the unique grimoire sold in the Map Emporium. A summon reach weapon spell at level 4 that's loving wild thematically.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Monk has been my lesser used class on my PC, but the fist damage, action speed buff, and debuff cleanse is nice. Especially the fist damage since barbarian gets Full Attack abilities!

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

ProfessorCirno posted:

Yeah, Soul Annihilation isn't that annihilating, I'm noticing. And those high level monk abilities are most likely better then any multiclass, unless you're using the monk to supplement something else.

When I get down to it, I still want those Cipher dialogue options, but I need to probably pay more attention to the other cipher powers and actually...use them. So, now I'm eyeing Fighter, Rogue, and Ranger, and of the three, Ranger's got the actual dialogue options and can still be some dumbfuck dual wielding anime fucker.

The only Cipher based options that come up are those that are explicitly related to mind reading, at least those I've seen.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

chaosapiant posted:

Anyone have that link to the portrait pack that was posted in this thread a few days ago, I think? It included portraits and water colors I believe?

Page 22

Head Hit Keyboard
Oct 9, 2012

It must be fate that has brought us together after all these years.
Oh god who should I take with my Paladin I feel naked with only 4 others and I want everyone aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Also is anyone else completely underwhelmed by multiclasses? They feel unbearably weak at level 5-6, to the point where I think my Kind Wayfarer main is out damaging Fighter/Rogue Eder and is also far more useful in general. I feel like most multiclasses just spread themselves out too thin. I might have to restart to make everyone single class.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Avalerion posted:

Where's the soonest I can get some traps?

the lil cave on the first beach

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

Head Hit Keyboard posted:

Oh god who should I take with my Paladin I feel naked with only 4 others and I want everyone aaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Also is anyone else completely underwhelmed by multiclasses? They feel unbearably weak at level 5-6, to the point where I think my Kind Wayfarer main is out damaging Fighter/Rogue Eder and is also far more useful in general. I feel like most multiclasses just spread themselves out too thin. I might have to restart to make everyone single class.
I’m put off by them because the highest level abilities were very useful in 1 and I don’t want to miss out.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Turk posted:

How do you spend the blessing points? I started a new game and did not see anywhere to spend the points I have. Does happen at a certain plot point?

Start a new game.

Heithinn Grasida posted:

Can anyone help a relative computer idiot figure out how to view the game's files?

I used UABE to mess around with items in the first game, but I can't figure out how to open and get inside a file like items.unity3d, if that's even what I'm supposed to be looking for.

I just want to check out what all the different weapons are and try to figure out stuff like how the soulbounds react to different classes.

Use a text editor. The game files are admittedly not easy to read atm. Reasonably confident a modder will come up with a more intuitive editor.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Do boarding fights get any better at higher levels? First boarding fight (and I see it's a common complaint) half your party gets instagibbed by 5-6 guns alphastriking.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
Any tricks for maxing out positive relationship with any specific companions? Just need one for the achievement.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again
gently caress this giant cave grub.

Urthor
Jul 28, 2014

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Any tricks for maxing out positive relationship with any specific companions? Just need one for the achievement.

It'll come naturally don't worry about it. Because every companion strongly views a story path favourably it's guaranteed to happen before the end of the game, I maxed Tehaku before even leaving Nekataka

Heithinn Grasida
Mar 28, 2005

...must attack and fall upon them with a gallant bearing and a fearless heart, and, if possible, vanquish and destroy them, even though they have for armour the shells of a certain fish, that they say are harder than diamonds, and in place of swords wield trenchant blades of Damascus steel...

isk posted:

Use a text editor. The game files are admittedly not easy to read atm. Reasonably confident a modder will come up with a more intuitive editor.

I was looking at the wrong files. Now that I found the right place to look, I’m going to have to dig through them more when I have some more time. I did find a post on the forums from someone who’s working on some modding tools, so that looks hopeful.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK
They absolutely need to allow you to save right before you create a character, what the gently caress is this bushleague poo poo?

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Obsidian knows how to write queer characters.

Turk
Mar 27, 2006

isk posted:

Start a new game.

Yeah I did that. Went back and did it again. The first time it didn't occur to me to click the circle to get the menu to spend the points.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Urthor posted:

It'll come naturally don't worry about it. Because every companion strongly views a story path favourably it's guaranteed to happen before the end of the game, I maxed Tehaku before even leaving Nekataka

Right, I'm not playing "in good faith" right now though, just amassing achievements for Berath's Blessings before I restart post next patch when they fix importing. Trying to snag all the low hanging fruit, looking at steam global achievement stats, looks like I've gotten most of them, except for companion relationships.

Hrm. Maybe if I sell everything I can buy a bunch of ship upgrades and that could get me a few more.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Obsidian knows how to write queer characters.

Am I missing some innuendo or context?

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
well, I guess I could play PoE. I'd get to meet people like, uh, Desslock Najetep,

For real though, the opening is cooler than I remember it being, but drat them backer NPCs is lame.

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 08:19 on May 10, 2018

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Queer people love to do finger guns.

I think I might be the only person who had their save import perfectly. I went back and checked before I started and I actually didn't take the kid after all. I've also got both my broken swords and Eder's still devout.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Orikaeshigitae posted:

Zzzzzzap. Zzzzzzzzzzzzz-ap!

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Queer people love to do finger guns.

I think I might be the only person who had their save import perfectly. I went back and checked before I started and I actually didn't take the kid after all. I've also got both my broken swords and Eder's still devout.

I mean, art school was pretty finger gun free. Maybe it's a regional gesture.

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

the lil cave on the first beach

Thanks, turns out you can just reuse the same trap for the berath points too. :D

Since we seem to be doing the same thing, have you been able to get enough materials for the bombs crafting one yet? Buying everything the alchemist in Nekata had got me scrolls and potions, but the explosive stuff seems to need other stuff too.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

How do I swap my party? Is there no way to do it on my boat?

Xerophyte
Mar 17, 2008

This space intentionally left blank

corn in the bible posted:

For real though, the opening is cooler than I remember it being, but drat them backer NPCs is lame.

Since none of the backer NPCs are tied to any factions or reputations I made a fun little minigame of trying to isolate and murder as many of them as I could when playing through Pillars 1. Unfortunately, a lot of them are in crowded areas.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

Orikaeshigitae posted:

Finger guns are queer culture.

The Doomhammer
Feb 14, 2010

One thing that I'm wondering get's explained... (very early spoilers) How exactly Eder ended up back in your company after the fall of Caed Nua. Not that I doubt he'd come running just to help a friend, but it seems a little odd to me no one even mentions the circumstances of his return (at least, yet)... he's just there, of course he's there!

Especially with the bugged end state where he was back living in Aedyr. Did the steward just turn up at his door in the mail someday "sir, could you sign for this talking statue and what appears to be a soulless corpse."

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Finger guns are queer culture.

* nods impassively.

FuzzySlippers
Feb 6, 2009

I think Blah / Cipher is a good multiclass with Rogue/Paladin/Fighter/Barb since it gives you a flat damage boost even if you aren't fiddling with its spells. So if you want to be a whatever that does a bit more damage, gains some extra dialogue options, but loses out on the top tier that's not so bad. None of those seem to have incredible top tier anyway. I presume Chanter works well to splash onto something else.

OTOH, Monks and the casters do have great top tier abilities so those don't seem worth diluting with much of anything else.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ProfessorCirno
Feb 17, 2011

The strongest! The smartest!
The rightest!
In all honesty it is disappointing that non-casters have few to no dialogue options compared to the caster classes. Fighter has a whopping zero outside of Blackjacks who get one.