Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Relentless posted:

We need more loyal guards before we set up someone who could overthrow us.

Sorry, but we need a Starscream to our Megatron

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

sheep-dodger posted:

Sorry, but we need a Starscream to our Megatron

Agreed. Things would be so very extra interesting on top of how fantastic this is so far.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

A2, and prepare to C. We don't need to get cocky, focus on the mission objectives.

ShadowGlass
Nov 13, 2012

A2
C

This was always going to be a short-term gig. We're not building the epic dungeon of awesomeness here, we're just digging some gems.
GTFO

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

Loel posted:

A2, and prepare to C. We don't need to get cocky, focus on the mission objectives.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

ShadowGlass posted:

This was always going to be a short-term gig. We're not building the epic dungeon of awesomeness here, we're just digging some gems.
GTFO

Dwarves might want more gems in the future and there are always other sellers. Going through all this trouble to set up a mining operation and not making it last somewhat seems a waste of alternate revenue streams.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

True but we were careless and now there's too much heat.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Remember that every one of our perfect, flawless creations is ultimately disposable.

Once we've fulfilled the obligations of the contract we should gtfo but first: Set up the mining operation with a few dim witted crabpersons with phosphorescent shells. Give them a few crates of food and collapse the mine behind them with the instructions to keep mining to the death.

Now we can flee, and come back in a year or two when the heat dies down and collect a giant pile of sapphires.

Quornes
Jun 23, 2011

Outrail posted:

Remember that every one of our perfect, flawless creations is ultimately disposable.

Once we've fulfilled the obligations of the contract we should gtfo but first: Set up the mining operation with a few dim witted crabpersons with phosphorescent shells. Give them a few crates of food and collapse the mine behind them with the instructions to keep mining to the death.

Now we can flee, and come back in a year or two when the heat dies down and collect a giant pile of sapphires.

+1

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

I misread that as crabbersons and I move that they be named such from this moment forth.

Crabbersons.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

"Hi, we're the Crabbersons, we just moved into the reef next door. We brought over a tuna casserole."

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Plan Crabbersons

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

... Nope. Not gonna do it.

I propose we make them dig extra deep and trigger some kind of bullshit artesian aquifer leak and flood the whole goddam island. This, in addition to other proposed courses of action, turns us into the Scrooge McSquidLady of Sapphires.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Blasphemaster posted:

... Nope. Not gonna do it.

I propose we make them dig extra deep and trigger some kind of bullshit artesian aquifer leak and flood the whole goddam island. This, in addition to other proposed courses of action, turns us into the Scrooge McSquidLady of Sapphires.

Yes.

YES.

Try to siege us from a coral reef, you assholes!

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
A: 1 - Aid the monster against the heroes. We will ambush the heroes with our shrimpmen during the fight.

B: 2 Shrimpmen (6 per), so that we have one shrimpman per hero.

D: While the fighting's going on, have the three crabpeople steal the heroes' horses.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

Prince of Space posted:

have the three crabpeople steal the heroes' horses.

Seahorses!

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

This is going to be such a magnificent disaster.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Prince of Space posted:

A: 1 - Aid the monster against the heroes. We will ambush the heroes with our shrimpmen during the fight.

D: While the fighting's going on, have the three crabpeople steal the heroes' horses.

Ahem, that's Crabbersons :colbert: but yeah getting the horses is good

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Prince of Space posted:

Fine, we can do this too. We will not drown the horses.

Might make 'em seahorses, though :v:

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Blasphemaster posted:

This is going to be such a magnificent disaster.

Well, that's a best case scenario.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Prince of Space posted:

Don't do this . It'll ruin the whole decoy plan.

Just keep our head down and keep mining until we're discovered.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

The Lone Badger posted:

Don't do this . It'll ruin the whole decoy plan.

Just keep our head down and keep mining until we're discovered.
Yeah, that's why I want to lay magic buffs on shark crab. We'll be relatively removed from the situation and also we don't want to negatively impact its developing agency and independence.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

The Dark Lieutenant and the Crabbersons.

Striding into her Lab, flaring her tentacles, Sarga slithers up and down the cages, looking at the four prisoners. Her eyes settle on the woman in the armour of Seaglass.
“You. You shall be special. I have need of a defender, and you shall be her. You can see that good has failed, and only evil will triumph, so you shall join me.”
“Never!” comes the expected reply. Sarga expected nothing less.
“We shall see. Callam extros….” The spell would be a slow one. Corrupting someone would take days, and a steady stream of power. While the woman fought the corrupting influences, Sarga got to work on a couple of her friends.
Creating another Crabman and another Mantis-pistol-shrimp man was easier this time, and though it took two days, She was able to drop them off at the mines. She looked at her collection of crab people and smiled.
“I’ve decided to call you guys the Crabbersons. Do you like that?” Sarga takes the clicking of claws to be a yes. She doesn’t really care much more than that. The Mantis-pistol-shrimp men are set to guard the cave entrance. They sway their antenii towards each other in some form of greeting.
She leaves them to their work and returns to her lab to work on her new Lieutenant. The woman is sweating, her skin is greying as the magic begins to work.
“You! You’ll never get away with this, you monster!” Sarga smiles a toothy smile before she replies, bringing a stingray in a tank forward.
“Yes, and soon so shall will be too….”

Once the process has started, Sarga gets more time to watch the villagers, and the new Heros. There are three of them, a Barbarian by his loincloth and other lack of armour, a bard and a druid. She can almost smell the druid from here, he’s one of the no washing and all mushrooms crowd.
They are searching the beeches, they seem less overconfident than Seaglass, understandable as their first visit was to the still blood stained sand where she fell. They then begin to sweep the rest of the shore for information - the Druid stops and asks things of every animal he crosses.
This worries Sarga for a while, as she has been fairly visible to the life around here - but thankfully, he seems to only get information on the Shark and not Sarga herself. She has not spent much time above the sea, and the Druid is not asking the fish what they have seen.

Sharkcrabman has seen them though. Heroic flesh must taste better, as he makes a beeline for the figures on the beach. The Barbarian is keeping watch however, as spots the jagged dorsal fin above the waves.
“To arms, puny men!” He roars, readying his double handed battleaxe. The Bard falls back and begins strumming on the lute, the druid rips his clothes off quickly and morphs into a giant black bear. The three stand ready on the beach for the monster to come to them.

Sharkcrabman erupts from the water, rage and teeth. The Barbarian roars and brings down his axe, severing a limb while dodging claws. The Bear leaps on the back of the creature and bites down into his flesh.
Razorsharp legs slash out, but the Barbarian moves with speed you would not have believed in someone so big and dodges the blow, His axe comes down and slams deep into the monsters side, blood spurts and the Sharkcrabman rears back in pain. The Druid sees his opportunity and brings his jaws down and rips out its throat in a rain of gore. The Barbarian is hit in the face, and laughs as the creature slumps to the ground and the blood runs down his face.
“VICTORY FOR GROM!” He roars.
“Yeah Grom, all yours. I’ll make sure to mention that in the next song.” The Bard says.
“Puny Man knows that Grom’s stories make more money than Questing!” The bard sighs before he replies.
“You know my name is Puneman, and…” The continue to bicker as Sarga loses interest. The Sharkcrabman has done his job.

The Heroes return to the village - they accept the megre awards the villagers can offer them, and the affections of the local girls. The entire village parties now that the threat to them has gone - all those who are lost to them seemingly forgotten.
“See, My assistant. They have forgotten you already.” She says ito the cell. “They have seen heros in action, and all the losses are worthwhile to them.”
“I see, Mistress. I see.” The voice that comes from the cell is different now, the strength is still there, but there is a coldness to it. “I have accepted what I have become, and am ready to serve you.”
“Good. Step into the light.” The figure who steps forwards is magnificent - more human and beautiful than her previous creations, the Stingray in her shows as mottled black and grey skin, gills at the neck and strange eyes. A tail whips back and forth across the floor, a vicious barb at the end.
She still wears the shining armour of Athena Seaglass, and Sarga hands her the Sword, bow and arrows. Gleaming in the low lighting of the lab, Sargas newest and greatest creation is ready.

There is one more job to finish. The gems are transported to the Dwarves. Sarga can’t be sure if this is the same dwarf or a different on each week, but he says “One crate left. Do not fail us now.”

quote:

Mana = 3/40
Gold = 1,000
Time until next delivery needed - 7 days.

Crates on hand - 0.36

Minions -
1 Dark Lieutenant.
2 Mantis-pistol-shrimp man.
4 Crabbersons.

Mining rate - 1 crates a week. (0.142 per day)

We got lucky on a series of tests here - they didn’t learn about Sarga, nor did they find the caves!
We have one week left, and will easily get the crate needed.

1 - What should be call our newest minion?
2 - Do we
A - Wait for the Crabbersons to finish mining, then pack up shop and head home.
B - Leave the Crabbersons and Shrimps mining while we head home.
C - Seal the mines, set up a teleportation rune and have the Crabbersons continue mining as long as they can.
D - Something else.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

2B, but wait to get the last crate for the dwarves first. Let's not get cocky and fail the contract because we thought it was all wrapped up.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

2D - B but let's do some experimenting while we're still on the job; experiment with Athena's hand. Cut ours off and graft hers in its place, then use mana to convert the new hand, reshape it so it fits and is our flesh. See if there's anything to this hero force nonsense.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
1)Probst Wyatt III Seaglass, just to provide false leads about her identity.

2D: A, then C.

I don't suppose there's any undersea stashes of Jewish Atlantean supertech?

Rockopolis fucked around with this message at 16:23 on May 10, 2018

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Noooo crabshark noooo

1 Crabshark To honour our first boss monster and also it'll confuse the hell out of people. Misinformation is power.

e: seaglass also good

2A then C Lay low to finish the last crate, once it's finished and shipped set up our automated gem farm and jump ship. Make the teleportation rune suitable for the crabbersons and shrimpmen to jump through if things go south after we've left/they run out of food.

Also rig the rune to explode violently if a human touches it.

Splicer fucked around with this message at 12:39 on May 10, 2018

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Rockopolis posted:

1)Probst Wyatt III Seaglass, just to provide false leads about her identity.

Close, but not quite.
Salgeas

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

D. We have a profitable mine set up and all the heat has been taken away. Let's make sure the minions here have everything they need to keep the mine running and continue to generate gold for us each week. We can post a job listing when we get back to town for a combat-focused baddie to defend the operation from any interlopers//notify us if he takes any prisoners to add to the workforce and keep 30% of the profits for themselves. Alternate. Revenue. Streams.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Sieg Lass

C

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Nephzinho posted:

D. We have a profitable mine set up and all the heat has been taken away. Let's make sure the minions here have everything they need to keep the mine running and continue to generate gold for us each week. We can post a job listing when we get back to town for a combat-focused baddie to defend the operation from any interlopers//notify us if he takes any prisoners to add to the workforce and keep 30% of the profits for themselves. Alternate. Revenue. Streams.

This, and I like Seaglass as it is.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Nephzinho posted:

This plus Sieg Lass, or Irwinsbane, also I am immensely pleased that she got the ray treatment.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Either call her Barry to sap her sense of self worth so she doesn't get any funny ideas or accept her inevitable betrayal and go with Sting.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Outrail posted:

accept her inevitable betrayal and go with Sting.

We would have to be the ones betraying her in this case, though

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

FYI for followers of this thread, it has the @Octobutt role set up on the discord now.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

Let's go to Mars

Hexenritter posted:

Sieg Lass, or Irwinsbane, also I am immensely pleased that she got the ray treatment.

and

Splicer posted:

2A then C Lay low to finish the last crate, once it's finished and shipped set up our automated gem farm and jump ship. Make the teleportation rune suitable for the crabbersons and shrimpmen to jump through if things go south after we've left/they run out of food.

Also rig the rune to explode violently if a human touches it.

Jossar
Apr 2, 2018

Current status: Angry about subs :argh:

Nephzinho posted:

We're in the villain business. Let's talk business.

Also +1 vote for Seaglass.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

Nephzinho posted:

This and Seaglass.

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

Sieg Lass
C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Nephzinho posted:

This and Seaglass has a nice ring to it. Especially if we can buff up our rep by playing on the identity confusion. :D