Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Let me tell you about Satsuki double dribble into slam dunk combos.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Under Night is pretty rad.

But this reminds me that I should probably boot up my Steam copy of Melty Blood one of these days

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

kirbysuperstar posted:

Can't wait to see how the mere involvement of Nicalis makes the game somehow even worse.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Under Night rules and I want unist on PC.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

French bread is bad at bizness

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Spanish Manlove posted:

Under Night rules and I want unist on PC.

Me too man. I had to resub to ps+ just to play it

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
is the net code on console unibest booty or good

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Booty. But it's not helped by being on console

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

GentlemanGiant posted:

So as a player totally new to fighting games who just purchased an arcade stick; and with no experience besides mashing buttons. What is the best game to start learning how to play 2D fighters properly? I've been looking into some written guides like gootek's Simplifying Street Fighter and The Fighting Game Primer. Is it better to start with SSF2 Turbo and play against the AI? I don't really have any friends that are into the genre so if I wanted to play human opponents in a Street Fighter it would need to be 4, 5, or wait until Anniversary releases.

From the bit of lurking I've been doing in this and the SF5 thread it seems to be pretty widely disliked, would I as a total novice even be able to pick up on the reasons it's so disparaged? Would I be better off starting with Guilty Gear or DBZ? danke

for the love of god play st, sf alpha 2 or 3, or 3rd strike on fightcade instead of sf4 or 5 please i'm begging you.

FanaticalMilk
Mar 11, 2011

Whelp, I'm sold.

A.o.D.
Jan 15, 2006

The Suffering of the Succotash.
If you're not down with a naked Satan baby crying his enemies to death, you're no friend of mine.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Quote is like the only well done character they've shown off for that game imho, but he looks sick

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
poo poo.... haha. Doo Doo

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Gunvolt got me interested in playing it, but not interested enough to put down any actual money for it, especially not if it's going to Nicalis. But I'll probably give it a shot at a local or major if someone brings it to a byoc area for kicks.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

absolutely anything posted:

poo poo.... haha. Doo Doo

Lmao

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

What’s wrong with Nicalis again?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Wrist Watch posted:

They gently caress up a ton of port and publishing jobs.

darealkooky
Sep 15, 2011

You sayin' I like dubs?!?

Wrist Watch posted:

they effectively stole cave story away from the actual creator

Wrist Watch
Apr 19, 2011

What?

Interesting, thanks. I googled about it a bit and apparently there was also some shady stuff going on where they ripped off some cave story fan translations/mods and put it in the full game, which sucks. I always thought there had to be something weird going on with how much they kept rereleasing the same game over and over.

Not gonna lie though despite all that I still kinda wanna buy this game

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon

that's cool as heck

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

GentlemanGiant posted:

I'm really hoping a P5 arena gets made because I also really enjoy Persona.

Me too man.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
I like persona 5 a whole lot

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Isn't P5A all but guaranteed to happen at some point.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Very likely, 5 was massively successful.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
I figured they'd have those characters show up in BBCTB first but what do I know.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

P5a would be rad

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I'm waiting for Melty HD feat P5, really.

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
I normally dislike Anime/ArcSys games but I love Persona 5 enough to go for a P5A if it happens.

I'm a terrible player though since I actually enjoy SFV, being so bad that I don't notice the shortcomings and am in the grip of terrible nostalgia for past games. I am thinking of moving to better games, but not sure what would be a good choice. I played a lot of Injustice 2 but found I dislike NRS games between that and playing MKX at a friend's. Aside from older SF games and MvC I've played some Guilty Gear games but they never grabbed me much.

Never tried 3D though, and was wondering if Tekken 7 is a good place to start or if holding off for Soul Calibur 6 would be better? I don't know much about either but I heard Tekken has a bear.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Tekken has 2 bears even

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen

In Training posted:

Tekken has 2 bears even

more even if you use the customization options

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

In Training posted:

Tekken has 2 bears even

CharlestonJew posted:

more even if you use the customization options

hot drat :byobear:

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

King may wear a cat, but he's also a bear in my heart.

CharlestonJew
Jul 7, 2011

Illegal Hen
I'm pretty sure Bob has a leather daddy customization option and that's about as bear as you can get

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Has anyone gotten in on the early access for Fantasy Strike? It's been on my radar since Core-A Gaming featured it in one of his videos and it appears to have a release date for September of this year.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Cinnamon Bear posted:

I'm a terrible player though since I actually enjoy SFV, being so bad that I don't notice the shortcomings and am in the grip of terrible nostalgia for past games. I am thinking of moving to better games, but not sure what would be a good choice.

Don’t let the haters and snobs dampen your enjoyment of the game. It’s got problems and I hate it but that doesn’t mean you can’t have a good time

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

In Training posted:

Isn't P5A all but guaranteed to happen at some point.

It may or may not depend on how well BBCTB sells

https://www.destructoid.com/the-next-persona-fighting-game-depends-on-blazblue-cross-tag-battle-according-to-series-director-468417.phtml

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Doesn't Atlus pay ASW to make those games? Why would it matter?

ARMS is getting a demo today - not another free weekend, an actual offline demo with five characters and local versus.

dhamster
Aug 5, 2013

I got into my car and ate my chalupa with a feeling of accomplishment.

exquisite tea posted:

Has anyone gotten in on the early access for Fantasy Strike? It's been on my radar since Core-A Gaming featured it in one of his videos and it appears to have a release date for September of this year.

It's okay. the presentation is still kind of janky and the gameplay is pretty stripped down (by design), but it is decently fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Doesn't Atlus pay ASW to make those games? Why would it matter?

ARMS is getting a demo today - not another free weekend, an actual offline demo with five characters and local versus.

God bless nintendo for stillt rying to get people to care about ARMS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever

mysterious loyall X posted:

for the love of god play st, sf alpha 2 or 3, or 3rd strike on fightcade instead of sf4 or 5 please i'm begging you.

Its a good game.