Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Karate Bastard posted:

So what does siip huup ryys even mean? Asking since I swear sometimes it's all that gets me through the working day. It be nice to know what it means.

Google gives me this and suggests I search for siip huup rays instead. I mean sure.

They are silly onomatopoeias from old Finnish Disney comics.

"ryys" is drinking sound and others seem to be some sort of machine noises.

I think these are the original panels.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
https://twitter.com/Wendys/status/993898832156078080

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Kennel posted:

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

rip meme, we hardly knew ye

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

E will never be commercially appropriated.

CopperHound
Feb 14, 2012

euphronius posted:

E will never be commercially appropriated.
The miscarriage one was.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Mr. Bad Guy
Jun 28, 2006
Gimme those fukkin 40k memes!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

Hm. One is stuck in a decaying orbit and the other is forging an empire throughout the entire Milky Way galaxy. The choice seems pretty clear!

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

wow cant believe u just deadass posted that

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Who What Now posted:

Hm. One is stuck in a decaying orbit and the other is forging an empire throughout the entire Milky Way galaxy. The choice seems pretty clear!

Granted it only works because a zombie lighthouse marks the way home from a literal hell dimension, but yeah

Rakanakle
Mar 17, 2009

Who What Now posted:

I'm glad I can live a life where chaos gods cannot offer me a powerful face-melting cosmic guitar for the price of turning on my fellow man, because I do not have the moral fortitude required to say no.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Rakanakle posted:

I'm glad I can live a life where chaos gods cannot offer me a powerful face-melting cosmic guitar for the price of turning on my fellow man, because I do not have the moral fortitude required to say no.

this feels like a request to me

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Kennel posted:

Finns are clearly the best at language. How you get ryys to sound like drinking is well beyond my feeble mouthing skills.

I'm siiping and huuping like a motherfucker over here, to no avail!!!!

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 18:33 on May 10, 2018

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Karate Bastard posted:

Finns are clearly the best at language. How you get ryys to sound like drinking is well beyond my feeble mouthing skills.

I'm siiping and huuping like a motherfucker over here, to no avail!!!!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

The Bloop posted:

Granted it only works because a zombie lighthouse marks the way home from a literal hell dimension, but yeah

TBF the Astronomicon only makes travel farther away from the galactic hub easier, it's still possible without it. Even then, it's used as a single point of triangulation with other hiveworlds and especially systems like Ultramar, with their billions and trillions of souls burning like lighthouses in the warp, acting as esential navigation markers.

Who What Now has a new favorite as of 18:55 on May 10, 2018

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Same, I'm sure huup

E: haha that's about loving sea beams at the Tannhauser gate isn't it? Siip huup rays indeed

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 19:00 on May 10, 2018

Brewmaster
Dec 10, 2007

Hi! I'm awkward.

Mr. Bad Guy posted:

This is the only good argument I've seen in the stupid metric/imperial debate. All other opinions are heresy.

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Which is there one where they circle around Uranus looking for Klingons?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
I'm room temperature.

Or was that the other thread?

Serak
Jun 18, 2000

Approaching Midnight.

Karate Bastard posted:

I think it's the sound of sipping/slurping the edge of a cup ie. the kind of sound you can only make while narrowing your lips and breathing in through your mouth

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Lot of absolute units itt

pseudosavior
Apr 14, 2006

Don't you do cocaine at ME,
you son of a bitch!

Brewmaster posted:

This is the only good argument I've seen in the stupid metric/imperial debate. All other opinions are heresy.

I'm a big fan of "500 Miles or 804.672 Kilometers, which is the catchier song?"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

https://vtt.tumblr.com/tumblr_p8hwsiFYXW1s378zb.mp4

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe

This is very good.

Is there a Loss/Steamed Hams crossover?

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/bluevioletdog/status/994101626037129217?s=19

Jamesman posted:

This is very good.

Is there a Loss/Steamed Hams crossover?

Given the ridiculous nature of the internet, if it doesn't already exist, someone's working on it.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
This isn't an actual Meme but this image gets posted a lot and someone always says they're interested in the original

It's by Boris Groh

Guy really likes skellies

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 33 hours!
It’s like the Iron Giant meets Nightmare before Christmas.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

The Bloop posted:

Lot of absolute units itt

I think you'll find that they're actually relative units.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Serak posted:

I think it's the sound of sipping/slurping the edge of a cup ie. the kind of sound you can only make while narrowing your lips and breathing in through your mouth

That has a perfectly good onomatopoeic spelling, it’s “sip”

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

Those memes mean two different things and serve two different purposes damnit

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Samuringa posted:

This isn't an actual Meme but this image gets posted a lot and someone always says they're interested in the original

It's by Boris Groh

Guy really likes skellies

I like these because the giant skeletons don’t even seem that malicious, outside of eating a cargo ship (and no one even seems upset by that). The one tangled up in the power lines is more confused than anything.

It’s like giant skeletons just showed up one day, didn’t actually attack anything, and are too much a bother to / can’t blow up, so people just kind of learned to live with it, now.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Literally Kermit posted:

I like these because the giant skeletons don’t even seem that malicious, outside of eating a cargo ship (and no one even seems upset by that). The one tangled up in the power lines is more confused than anything.

It’s like giant skeletons just showed up one day, didn’t actually attack anything, and are too much a bother to / can’t blow up, so people just kind of learned to live with it, now.

If they did show up but never really hurt anything other than occasionally eating a ship wreck or getting tangled in the power lines I figure people would just learn to deal. The power lines one is probably the best because the dudes are just like "well there he goes again. How do we get him out this time?"

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

ToxicSlurpee posted:

If they did show up but never really hurt anything other than occasionally eating a ship wreck or getting tangled in the power lines I figure people would just learn to deal. The power lines one is probably the best because the dudes are just like "well there he goes again. How do we get him out this time?"

I imagine we'd have to redo a lot of infrastructure, start putting lines underground as much as possible. Or else everytime one takes a walk through the countryside there'd be tornado levels of work for every line man in the area.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
I imagine the skeletons make sounds like whale songs

Tree Bucket
Apr 1, 2016

R.I.P.idura leucophrys

Who What Now posted:

I imagine the skeletons make sounds like whale songs

That's a weirdly soothing mental image

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Literally Kermit posted:

Babushka has had enough of his poo poo.