Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
I remember when I was first learning the "long jump > hat throw > dive > bounce > hat throw > dive" combo it broke my brain trying to remember the entire sequence, and now I don't think it's possible for me to NOT do that and just do a regular jump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Pulling the trigger on Squall or Seifer's Gunblades in Final Fantasy VIII with controller vibration turned on.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Cobalt Viper posted:

I remember when I was first learning the "long jump > hat throw > dive > bounce > hat throw > dive" combo it broke my brain trying to remember the entire sequence, and now I don't think it's possible for me to NOT do that and just do a regular jump.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Cobalt Viper posted:

This, and every once in a while I see people using variations (midair spinjump? throw the hat and roll to it and then begin the sequence?) that are similarly unfathomable as the original learning of this maneuver itself

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

that ivy guy posted:

This, and every once in a while I see people using variations (midair spinjump? throw the hat and roll to it and then begin the sequence?) that are similarly unfathomable as the original learning of this maneuver itself

The ground pound roll boost

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Nintendo is so good at making games that are easy to beat and brutal to 100%, it still blows me away. Odyssey is great

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Nostradingus posted:

Nintendo is so good at making games that are easy to beat and brutal to 100%, it still blows me away. Odyssey is great

For Christmas I bought my brother mario odyssey and let him borrow my switch to play it. Less than a month later he returned it having 100%ed the game. Freaking crazy person....

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

your brother is powerful

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

BBJoey posted:

your brother is powerful

The Mario Whisperer

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
getting a bow crit in BOTW

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I was gonna say when a hodgepodge of ingredients does the boing! effect when it turns out to be a real recipe

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
- finishing a game

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

ol yeller posted:

- finishing a game

I barely know that feel lol. I guess I mainlined Tropical Freeze and finished that in 4 days but I have so many savefiles in games like a couple hours from the end

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

killing enemies by magnesising metal objects at them in BOTW

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Nostradingus posted:

killing enemies by magnesising metal objects at them in BOTW
Throwing a bomb into a campfire

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

game mechanics spoiler for IT dropping like ten red chu chu jelly around a sleeping camp and setting them off with a bomb

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Chugging an estus in a boss's face and then rolling right as their attack would land

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

sniper headshots in valkyria chronicles

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
killing a met before they shoot in megaman

dont skimp on the shrimp
Apr 23, 2008

:coffee:

Shinku ABOOKEN posted:

killing a met before they shoot in megaman

Absolutely

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 00:46 on May 30, 2018

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- nailing a fully charged Zone Shot
- winning a match with a KO

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

2 anti goomba stomps from a game full of goomba stomps:

When it starts raining while you’re climbing a cliff or trying to use fire in botw

Turning your switch upside down on a packed Tokyo rush hour train to solve a shrine gyro puzzle

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~

In Training posted:

:hai:

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

In Training posted:

- hitting a drop shot and starting your victory lap before the ball even crosses the net

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
- predicting that the other player will counter your super with theirs and intentionally aiming your shot into outer space to make them unable to reach the ball when you return it

https://twitter.com/sebmal/status/1003485273416593408

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

absolutely anything posted:

- predicting that the other player will counter your super with theirs and intentionally aiming your shot into outer space to make them unable to reach the ball when you return it

lol

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

lol, awesome

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

While this is hilarious I hope it doesn't become too prominent because it'll force the scrubs to manually block a super instead of wasting their own on it.

Sub-Actuality
Apr 17, 2007

Knocking enemies into bottomless pits in Link to the Past or Link Between Worlds

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Getting an S rank in a Resident Evil 6 chapter while your co-op partner merely gets an A.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

- telefragging with the Dire Orb in Quake Champions

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

The GLUMP sound of all your bombs and oils being replenished with merely one Alcohest after meditating in the Witcher 3.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
-stepping on an enemy player without knowing he's there in Titanfall 2

hong kong divorce lunch
Sep 20, 2005

In Training posted:

- telefragging with the Dire Orb in Quake Champions

Telefragging by simply stepping through a teleporter :clint:

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
selling a game at gamestop for store credit

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

ol yeller posted:

This isn’t the Celebrating The Self-Own thread

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

ol yeller posted:

Gah!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
giving the game away when the clerk says he cant pay you anything but he can "take it off your hands"