Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

I did that and it turned out he got merked by accident so I'm gonna redo it. How many minor followers are there anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Gyoru posted:

The distribution of uniques is all over the place where some classes are overly represented (probably blame backer weapons - always blame backers)

I wouldn't be so quick to blame the backers - in POE1 if I remember correctly, people submitted every kind of weapon except swords.

Clever Spambot
Sep 16, 2009

You've lost that lovin' feeling,
Now it's gone...gone...
GONE....
That was because obsidian specifically requested people not just make a bunch of swords, maybe they forgot to mention it this time?

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Ooooooooooh

I *thought* eighth level was a little early to be fighting an archmage

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!
Ummm, I just went through the conversation with Ferrante after leaving the first island and somehow came out of it without Serafan. This is my third time through because of rerolls so I was clicking through pretty fast but I'm still 99% sure I clicked the right option. Bug or misclick, is there any way to recruit him afterwards? I don't see him in the palace place at Dunnage where Ferrante is. It took me a few transitions in Fort Deadlight to notice so I don't have any autosaves or quicksaves from before the interaction.

Edit: I don't see any bug reports so looks like I done hosed up. Ugh, I am not going through the intro yet again right now, might just put this down and come back when DLC comes out.

Eggnogium fucked around with this message at 02:03 on May 11, 2018

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

bewilderment posted:

Yo how do I pick up Fassina?

I've found her, talked to her, given her the gloves back (at the expense of her boyfriend) and she doesn't have any new options.

You have to do the other quest she is involved with. Arkemyr's Vault

rope kid
Feb 3, 2001

Warte nur! Balde
Ruhest du auch.

Eggnogium posted:

Ummm, I just went through the conversation with Ferrante after leaving the first island and somehow came out of it without Serafan. This is my third time through because of rerolls so I was clicking through pretty fast but I'm still 99% sure I clicked the right option. Bug or misclick, is there any way to recruit him afterwards? I don't see him in the palace place at Dunnage where Ferrante is. It took me a few transitions in Fort Deadlight to notice so I don't have any autosaves or quicksaves from before the interaction.

Edit: I don't see any bug reports so looks like I done hosed up. Ugh, I am not going through the intro yet again right now, might just put this down and come back when DLC comes out.
You can still find him at Fort Deadlight, bottom center of the exterior map.

Clanpot Shake
Aug 10, 2006
shake shake!

Where's the option to show reputation gains in the dialog options? My Bleak Walker keeps getting Benevolent and Diplomatic gains for doing things like not immediately running people through when they stop and ask for directions. Really annoying getting dinged on those reputation penalties.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

MrTheDevious posted:

Just released my Modding framework! I only have a couple of actual mods created so far, but I'll whip more up as I play. If anyone else wants to make some, that'd be great!

https://github.com/SonicZentropy/PoE2Mods.pw

With my Achievement mod, you can edit the prebuilt Companions to be whatever classes/subclasses/stats you want without disabling achievements. I'm planning on abusing it 2nd playthrough bigtime
The latest release says it fixed the achievements thing "though you have to use the workaround for Steam achievements you'll see in the Readme." I don't see that in the readme.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I somehow am halfway to maxed Shady despite picking a shady choice, like, twice. :confused:

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Kith posted:

So I downloaded this and tried to make use of it, but the PatchworkLauncher.exe that you claim is present in the ReadMe... isn't. There's a PatchworkLauncher.csproj, but no .exe. Am I missing something here?

The actual exes are inside of Releases on Github, not in the source code. I tried to alert people to that in the Readme, but there's not a great way to warn everyone. You want to download the most recent thing here:

https://github.com/SonicZentropy/PoE2Mods.pw/releases

MrTheDevious
May 7, 2006

Ahh nostalgia, you cruel bitch

Inverness posted:

The latest release says it fixed the achievements thing "though you have to use the workaround for Steam achievements you'll see in the Readme." I don't see that in the readme.

It's at the very bottom. If you go to the general repo, just scroll all the way down.

https://github.com/SonicZentropy/PoE2Mods.pw/

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Doorknob Slobber posted:

loving weird man because I don't, do you have scaling up only for everything or just critical path?

Maybe I hosed up? I thought I turned it on at the start but my settings say this:

So I know I chose level scaling - upwards, but I dunno why it has that checked but also says "none". Is it even on for me? The scaling check box is clearly ticked there but I dunno why the thing above it says none.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Well that doesn't seem right :crossarms:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ginette Reno posted:

Is it even on for me? The scaling check box is clearly ticked there but I dunno why the thing above it says none.

I'd guess you have level scaling off then. I wish I had difficulty things, I only did scaling up so it would be nice to know if I was going up against something a bit too hard.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

MrTheDevious posted:

It's at the very bottom. If you go to the general repo, just scroll all the way down.

https://github.com/SonicZentropy/PoE2Mods.pw/
Oh I see, thanks.

Scoss
Aug 17, 2015
Xoti is the only multiclass I've allowed so far and as of level 7 it feels like a mistake.

The monk half is generally only good for the knockback punch on enemies that try to bully her, so she spends most of her time being a Priest with delayed abilities. The Priest powers themselves seems to work fine, but since that's almost all of her value right now it makes me think why I wouldn't just want her as a pure Priest. I know the game warns you about multiclassing but I also kind of trusted that the pre-configured party member multis would be sensible and work well, egg on my face.

Maybe she pans out into a solid supporter that doesn't die easily at higher levels, but at this rate I'm more likely to just replace her with a proper caster or pure fighty character.

Scoss fucked around with this message at 02:17 on May 11, 2018

dedian
Sep 2, 2011

Ginette Reno posted:

Maybe I hosed up? I thought I turned it on at the start but my settings say this:

So I know I chose level scaling - upwards, but I dunno why it has that checked but also says "none". Is it even on for me? The scaling check box is clearly ticked there but I dunno why the thing above it says none.

From a UI perspective I don't think the checkbox should even be active unless you've chosen something from the drop-down. The checkbox modifies the option you select in the drop-down. Right now you're not level scaling anything with "None" selected.

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

I don't know if anyone mentioned this possible bug, but I retrained my character and lost one of my watcher actives. I am early in the game so it was just the second one, I decided to roll with it since I didn't want to go back as far as I would have had to to fix it. This game is real good though apart from bugs and crashes I am experiencing.

I made Aloth a fighter/mage and he is an invincible monster which seems true to the legacy of this genre.

Eggnogium
Jun 1, 2010

Never give an inch! Hnnnghhhhhh!

rope kid posted:

You can still find him at Fort Deadlight, bottom center of the exterior map.

Nowhere to be found there :( I did get into a ship battle from which I was losing badly and retreated by turning away from the ship and doing full steam ahead a few times but I assume companions can’t just die from cannon fire, can they?

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Help... can't switch to the other class to pick an ability when leveling up my multi-class character. :(

Kobogartimer
Mar 17, 2006

PirateBob posted:

Help... can't switch to the other class to pick an ability when leveling up my multi-class character. :(

If you are on a level which increases your power level, it's making you pick one from each class. Otherwise dunno.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

PirateBob posted:

Is it a "New Power Level" level? You have to pick one for both classes, and it won't let you switch which class you're looking at until you pick the first one.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

marshmallow creep posted:

Is it a "New Power Level" level? You have to pick one for both classes, and it won't let you switch which class you're looking at until you pick the first one.

Ohh, crap, yes, a new power level. Thanks guys.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice
Arkemyr's Manor has some sweet loot :haw:

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Doorknob Slobber posted:

I'd guess you have level scaling off then. I wish I had difficulty things, I only did scaling up so it would be nice to know if I was going up against something a bit too hard.

It is nice to know. Some of my quests are showing 3-4 levels above what I'm at so it would suck to start those without knowing that.

dedian posted:

From a UI perspective I don't think the checkbox should even be active unless you've chosen something from the drop-down. The checkbox modifies the option you select in the drop-down. Right now you're not level scaling anything with "None" selected.

Yeah I have no idea. I must have hosed up somehow.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
So I just met Ydwin. Her hook seems like she was really clearly going to be a full companion at some point.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Walking around the ship after being dumped back in the cabin when your first meeting with the gods ends, see that Vela is standing by Eder. Walk over, the following conversation plays:

:yarr:: Vela, do you know anything about how my boots got filled with crabs and seawater?
:j:: No Uncle Eder, that sounds terrible! Maybe it was one of the crew? I've heard some of them talk about how they don't like you.
:yarr:: Oh that's good, come up with other suspects to deflect suspicion, rehearse the line beforehand so you say it all smooth like, you're a natural! I knew we were right to steal you from your home as a baby!

This loving game.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

dope, modwry can be soulbound to anyone after you complete her quest.

Milli
Sep 28, 2009

friendship is magic
in a pony paradise
don't you judge me

Apraxin posted:

Walking around the ship after being dumped back in the cabin when your first meeting with the gods ends, see that Vela is standing by Eder. Walk over, the following conversation plays:

:yarr:: Vela, do you know anything about how my boots got filled with crabs and seawater?
:j:: No Uncle Eder, that sounds terrible! Maybe it was one of the crew? I've heard some of them talk about how they don't like you.
:yarr:: Oh that's good, come up with other suspects to deflect suspicion, rehearse the line beforehand so you say it all smooth like, you're a natural! I knew we were right to steal you from your home as a baby!

This loving game.

Oh my god I am so mad my baby didn’t import

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Ravenfood posted:

So I just met Ydwin. Her hook seems like she was really clearly going to be a full companion at some point.
She almost was a full companion. We missed that stretch goal by a mere 500.000.

Kith
Sep 17, 2009

You never learn anything
by doing it right.

So you know how there's a Berath's Blessing reward for leveling up as a Captain? Well, if you use the Berath's Blessing that makes you start the game with extra Captain experience, you immediately earn that reward.

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again

Raygereio posted:

She almost was a full companion. We missed that stretch goal by a mere 500.000.

That's a drat shame. She's really cool.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Clicking it, unclicking it, restarting steam, reinstalling poe1. Still stays as not installed. Any way to fix this?

g0del
Jan 9, 2001

Fun Shoe

Doorknob Slobber posted:

This is really bugging me. There are 5 possible combinations of scaling options, and turning off difficulty indicators only makes sense for one of those options (scaling on for everything). Three of the options (including the one recommended by Rope Kid earlier in the thread) give you no warning before you walk into a fight that's way above your level. And the only way to change the setting is by restarting.

myDad
Jan 20, 2010

ce n'est pas ma mère
College Slice

Roobanguy posted:

:aaaaa:

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

Did it, finished the game, final place was pretty and interesting set-piece

Can't wait to play it again with another class/companions

Xoti convincing Eothas to not go with Rymrgand's ending that I choose was pretty drat funny

Good work Obsidian!

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound

Roobanguy posted:

Would you mind spoiling where to find her owner ? Trying to get the soulbound item upgrade achievement.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
I never did find Modwyr. Oh well!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orikaeshigitae
Apr 28, 2006

never kiss a gun street girl again

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

Would you mind spoiling where to find her owner ? Trying to get the soulbound item upgrade achievement.

Beneath Neketaka.