Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

Watched this weeks ep last night. I feel like pinning Hal as the Black Hood is too early given how many episodes are left. There are a lot of pieces that connect to him being it though so with swerve I feel is coming it is going to be really good. It would make sense that he would know about the shady guy cover up. Chick isn't dead yet. Rule #1 of all TV shows is unless you see a body buried in the ground that person is not dead. unless it is in the CW Arrowverse I do believe we will see Chick's body before the end of the season though.

The Black Hood has got to be some ancillary character that we have met but have little connection to. Hal will do something heroic to redeem himself but ultimately will be sacrificed because it paves the way for FP and Alice to be together. The Sheriff will have his moment of redemption that saves his career. Will Archie be the one that offs a guy and we see the emotional fallout of that next season? Will the River Vixens see justice dealt?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The Black Hood is Reggie, who found an archie digest and went insane from how underwritten he is. He knows Betty's past because it had a couple Lil' Archie stories halfway through, and he killed Midge because there's not even enough room in a full season order for him to get beat up while trying to gently caress her.

Monaghan
Dec 29, 2006

Season ends with the black hood telling archie that he'll reveal his identity if he beats him in a drag race.

Seriously I loving loved that bit and the more River dale goes full goofy with poo poo like poppa poutine, the better it is ,

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

ruddiger posted:

Dumb Black Hood theory.

This is going to end like Scream, Chick and Betty's real brother are partners and they're going to reveal themselves, saying Betty's just like them since she sent Chick to what she thought was his doom.

I'm with you on this tbh.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Yeah, I think they're gonna pull a Scream 2 as well, and it'll either be a really, really minor character (like that kid who was having an affair with "Grundy" and then turned up hanging out with Chic about five episodes ago) or it'll be another one of the minor recurring teens. Moose maybe? He at least looks like FP.

Nude Bog Lurker
Jan 2, 2007
Fun Shoe
I did all this stuff for Hiram, and he didn't rescue me when I was in trouble. Clearly the problem here is that I didn't do enough stuff for Hiram.

Edmund Lava
Sep 8, 2004

Hey, I'm from Brooklyn. I'm going to call myself Mr. Friendly.

Looks like the Sabrina series is still happening and it will share the title of the current horror comic
https://twitter.com/archiecomics/status/991702458144575488?s=21

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.
Vanessa Morgan (Toni Topaz) and Charles Melton (Reggie Mantle) have been upped to series regulars for season 3.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Whoever writes Cheryl's dialogue should win a Pulitzer.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

I know the ending was supposed to be dramatic as gently caress but holy lol.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
I still can't deal with how much I love this terrible show.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I'm honestly having trouble keeping abreast with the back half of this season. I still love it (though the musical episode was a bad point. good plot but i didn't enjoy watching it) but I'm not as excited as I was last year, or before the midseason break this year. I think my fears about the longer season order are coming true for me.

smdh should be a midseason show with a respectable season length like iZombie and The 100. But it's a sexy/trashy show about teens which is CW's bread and butter so it being popular af and having a longer order makes sense. Just isn't jiving with me. At least not in terms of keeping up with it, though I'll definitely finish the season at whatever pace and watch the next, unless it crashes and burns somehow.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
Holy poo poo, what is even going on. Hal is covering for someone? and when Archie's Dad gets attacked again Archie totally recognizes the guy's eyes from the dinner so that's at least the same guy but does it not seem like that's maybe Mr Lodge? also I was wrong about Jughead spending the next season in the prison because he'll most likely be in a coma

Man this poo poo is bonkers

PS: Cheryl really is the best

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Cheryl as the Red Arrow was badass.

Edit: Also Hal was definitely the Black Hood that Cheryl shot, his blood stain got bigger as time passed.

Rhyno fucked around with this message at 05:52 on May 10, 2018

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
I guess Hal isn't the perfect husband, father and businessman after all. He always seemed like such a good fellow.
Seriously though, it's kinda weird, that being a deranged serial killer only barely raises his scumbag level.

The fathers of Riverdale all kinda suck.
So far we have a drug kingpin, a gang leader, a presumed tax evader who may have fudged the paperwork for his companies work permits, a mob boss, and a serial killer. All of those are on the same level by the way.

That means Keller and Josie's douchey musician father are the only good dads we've met.
Counting the Blossoms from previous generations doesn't make it any better either.
You might think Jason counts, but technically he was never a father.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

cant cook creole bream posted:

The fathers of Riverdale all kinda suck.

I was a little weirded out when Kev was oggling the "hot dads of Riverdale" with his in-show advertisement camera phone.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I figured that picture was going to get published later and somehow be integral to getting Fred elected and the Sheriff his job back.

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
Alice with no hesitation in taking the shovel and putting her entire body into a Tekken-esque double tap finisher. :perfect:

Cheryl remarking on luckily being able to don her hunting cape like it's a goddamn Epic+5 to Hit chance. :perfect:

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Holy poo poo, what is even going on. Hal is covering for someone? and when Archie's Dad gets attacked again Archie totally recognizes the guy's eyes from the dinner so that's at least the same guy but does it not seem like that's maybe Mr Lodge? also I was wrong about Jughead spending the next season in the prison because he'll most likely be in a coma

Man this poo poo is bonkers

PS: Cheryl really is the best

I think he'll more likely die next week. He's got insane plot armor, but they didn't even blink at killing Midge. It also gives Betty a good reason to go full Serpent.

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

Propaganda Machine posted:

I think he'll more likely die next week. He's got insane plot armor, but they didn't even blink at killing Midge. It also gives Betty a good reason to go full Serpent.

Yeah, I kinda agree here. Penny and her friends explicitly wanted to kill him there and they weren't actually stopped in the act. If Jughead actually survives this, they are just incredibly terrible at their jobs. Logically, there's no reason why he'd survive this. On the other hand, he's one of the four main characters and also kind of the narrator so far. This show might go off the rails sometimes, but I still doubt they have the balls to kill him.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Maybe but if season 3 doesn't have Jughead well gently caress it.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Season 3 will have ghost Jugghead brought back from the afterlife by Sabrina.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

ruddiger posted:

Who is also a werewolf

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Who is also a zombie

FTFY

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

ruddiger posted:

Close enough for government work. I'd expect him to come back as a ghost to the main cast. Not out of the picture, but also different with relation to what he was to them. Cue awkwardness with Veronica.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Sgt. Politeness posted:

Maybe but if season 3 doesn't have Jughead well gently caress it.

If this happens I'll start watching weekly again lmfao

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I love this stupid show so much. This is the dumbest show I watch and it's the best thing on TV

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
It's visually gorgeous, that's for drat sure.

RaspberrySea
Nov 29, 2004
https://twitter.com/colesprouse/status/994428477658075137

Shneak
Mar 6, 2015

A sad Professor Plum
sitting on a toilet.
I said I wouldn't mind if they killed Jughead off on reddit and I got death threats. :allears:

CeeJee
Dec 4, 2001
Oven Wrangler
I'm suprised there was not a crowd of people at the Pembrooke going "Here is body of the Black Hood mayor Lodge, I want muh million bucks !" with some random body they took from the morgue and put a hood on. Or killed themselves.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

I look forward to the Coopers getting a million dollars.

My personal theory on the Black Hood copycat is that he's just someone Hiram hired to put one round in Fred, whom he knew had a vest on, to scare Fred out of the mayoral race, and that he's never going to show up again except possibly targeting Fred.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I think that was Hiram or his driver.

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible
Archie defending Pop's by throwing Molotov cocktails at one of the two rioting gangs in town, shortly after Cheryl escapes out of her bedroom window to get her hunting cape and archery set to shoot the Black Hood in the shoulder is exactly why I watch Riverdale.

SEX BURRITO
Jun 30, 2007

Not much fun
Seriously, Cheryl with the bow and arrow. Has she been watching We Need to Talk About Kevin? I love that she went to the trouble of wearing a big red cape.

Jughead dying would be a bold move for the show. But it would mean more of Archie's bitch face, so I hope he's still around. Also, Fred should get shot every single season. That could be his thing.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I finally mostly caught up and lol, this show is too good. Maybe it was just the musical episode that killed my momentum and not so much the longer episode order, idk, but I'll be excited to watch weekly again til this season is over at any rate.

e: ^^ i love her emphasis on retrieving the cape when explaining to betty how she escaped

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Hot Riverdale Dads to the rescue !!!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

TyrantWD posted:

Archie defending Pop's by throwing Molotov cocktails at one of the two rioting gangs in town, shortly after Cheryl escapes out of her bedroom window to get her hunting cape and archery set to shoot the Black Hood in the shoulder is exactly why I watch Riverdale.

hot dads and action teens, Riverdale rules

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

What the hell is this, a snuff film???

Alice you're the Riverdale MVP forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?
It's kind of nuts that this wasn't the finale, because everything that happened was also kind of nuts.

I hope Jughead isn't dead and season 3 is just queer, teen, The Warriors.

• Locked thread