Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kupachek
Aug 5, 2015

This man’s brain is trembling in the balance between reason and insanity, and as he stalks on with clenched fist and sword in hand, as though he still saw those murderous Russians gunners.

Sulla-Marius 88 posted:

no but the car youre in does. id rather take my chances on that than someone shooting me or tying me to a chair, beating the poo poo out of me for a while, then setting me on fire

The vehicle crumplezones provide zero protection while you are trying to change a tire though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

kupachek posted:

The vehicle crumplezones provide zero protection while you are trying to change a tire though.

That's why I always walk around with at least three or four car crumple zones in my pockets. I know it's a tactilol thing to do, but I just feel safer with my EDCz (every day crumple zones).

Roblo
Dec 10, 2007

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/10/canada-police-facebook-video-racism-alberta-dennys

"Canadian police investigate video of woman's racist rant in Alberta restaurant"

Woman goes on racist rant at some Afghan immigrants. Has since been fired. Has some classic "this is not who I am" and "I had had a off day". She was also "upset that the video had gone viral".

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Roblo posted:

Woman goes on racist rant at some Afghan immigrants. Has since been fired. Has some classic "this is not who I am" and "I had had a off day". She was also "upset that the video had gone viral".

Well now she has a whole lot of days off.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
https://twitter.com/dzennon/status/994129173621850112

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

:bisonyes:

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Ha ha ha watch me put my entire body weight on this string ha ha ha

https://i.imgur.com/1RxNNfG.mp4

Edit: in case anyone was worried

Sick 720.

Feonir
Mar 30, 2011

Ask me about aquatic cocaine transportation and by-standard management.
https://i.imgur.com/QTaAVAW.mp4

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

Roblo posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2018/may/10/canada-police-facebook-video-racism-alberta-dennys

"Canadian police investigate video of woman's racist rant in Alberta restaurant"

I just knew it’s the city I work in. This didn’t surprise me one bit. I had to unfriend my bother -in-law from Facebook when I got emails that he added me to a “Alberta should separate from Canada!” Group when the liberals won the election. I don’t use Facebook pretty much ever but I’d rather die then be on that group.

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Wasn't this also one of those brand-new, just-signed-the-paperwork-and-driving-it-off-the-lot deals too? I sincerely hope so because that just increases the freude exponentially.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
As I understand it, the PS4 has been a tough nut to crack for getting PSP games working on it in emulation. Recently, Sony released a PSP game on it that instead of remastering it for the PS4, was just an emulator running the game in the PSP environment. So now crackers have a full working PSP emulator that was written by the company that makes the console.

https://twitter.com/manfightdragon/status/994466216986066949

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/JonoScooter/status/992874153261793280
Sorry for posting death.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Good kitty.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

My boyfriend insisted on knowing what I was laughing at. I am deeply ashamed.
e: I would not have been ashamed if it had been a martini.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Oops

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!
That seems like a good number to call, because they for sure have a vacancy.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

The rice is doing a cheeky little wink.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

Title says no murder and most mice die of fright, so I'd say it would be manslaughter at best.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
https://twitter.com/KrangTNelson/status/994970993029459969

e: the video for context https://twitter.com/HoosierBrad/status/994976514591612928

Sarcopenia has a new favorite as of 18:09 on May 11, 2018

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Ak Gara posted:

Title says no murder and most mice die of fright, so I'd say it would be manslaughter at best.

'Die of fright' sure is a nice way of saying 'tortured to death by the cat'.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

loving chriiiiiist this lady is terrible

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

BraveUlysses posted:

loving chriiiiiist this lady is terrible

The after party. https://twitter.com/BlakeDontCrack/status/994802724125454341

old bean factory
Nov 18, 2006

Will ya close the fucking doors?!

That escalated to lovely tears.

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014
That's how you be an ally. You stand up and shout when other people aren't allowed to do so themselves because they know that their voices aren't heard. I love her and the caaaackling of the black folks as they see her demolishing this white woman's credibility with the police. "Oh so you're giving me the white lady treatment?!"

God I wish I could have been at that bbq. :allears:

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
That woman was there for TWO HOURS trying to get police to come and stop black people having a chill time. After 20 minutes of being recorded, she's reduced to a blubbering mess. What a thin-skinned shitbag.

Transmogrifier
Dec 10, 2004

Systems at max!

Lipstick Apathy

Apparently she spent two hours on the phone only pretending to be calling the police and then returned later after the police told her no one did anything wrong, if the article in the youtube description is to be believed: https://panthertimes.com/2018/05/02/white-privilege-used-to-fight-racially-charged-harassment-at-lake-merritt/

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

At one point the BBQ guy explains that her phone call actually did get a response. A fire truck rolled by, he waved at them, they waved at him, they left. This happened two or three times! The rasict phone lady just kept on tying up those emergency lines since apparently that wasn’t confirmation enough that the guy was not doing anything illegal.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

The subject is a racist piece of poo poo but the person taking the video freaking out about a business card is pretty annoying also

e: just to be clear the villain in this video is clearly the racist

a7m2 has a new favorite as of 19:39 on May 11, 2018

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Ariong posted:

At one point the BBQ guy explains that her phone call actually did get a response. A fire truck rolled by, he waved at them, they waved at him, they left. This happened two or three times! The rasict phone lady just kept on tying up those emergency lines since apparently that wasn’t confirmation enough that the guy was not doing anything illegal.

It was one of those situations where technically they weren't supposed to use charcoal to grill there so they were doing something very slightly wrong. However that rule was pretty much never enforced because...who the gently caress cares? That's where the grills in the park are so people go grill there. The white lady was very clearly being a racist shithead.

A FESTIVE SKELETON
Oct 2, 2011

TIS THE SEASON BITCH

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It was one of those situations where technically they weren't supposed to use charcoal to grill there so they were doing something very slightly wrong. However that rule was pretty much never enforced because...who the gently caress cares? That's where the grills in the park are so people go grill there. The white lady was very clearly being a racist shithead.

Buh-buh-but mah law and order! :cry:

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

That's the kind of "crime" where if a ranger happens to see you, they'll say hey next time FYI this isn't okay. And then they'll say enjoy yourself, make sure you dispose of everything properly, see ya.

I bet this lady was hoping for someone to get pinned, punched, or shot.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ToxicSlurpee posted:

But it's the principle of the thing!!!

Years ago I used to be the kind of idiot who would get all upset at dumb stuff and use "It's the principle of the thing!!" as an excuse until I realised that 100% of the time anyone uses that to justify taking any action they're being an entitled douchebag and it's pretty much always covering up some other motive. I had to train myself to stop any time I caught myself thinking "It's the principle of the thing!" and think things through properly and it always turned out that I was getting mad over nothing.

I had some dumb anger issues when I was a kid. :smith:

Ariong
Jun 25, 2012

ToxicSlurpee posted:

Honestly I don’t even think that’s true. At the end of the video a cop asks Racist Lady what law was being broken and she quotes it. It says that you can’t operate a charcoal grill except in designated grilling areas. That park, as the lady taking the video pointed out approximately 50 times, is a designated grilling area.

I truly believe with all my heart that this woman pulled out her phone, googled “IF A BLACKMAN IS GRILING IN PUBLIC PARK WHAT LAW IS HE BREAKING” and ran with the first thing that came up.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Ariong posted:

Honestly I don’t even think that’s true. At the end of the video a cop asks Racist Lady what law was being broken and she quotes it. It says that you can’t operate a charcoal grill except in designated grilling areas. That park, as the lady taking the video pointed out approximately 50 times, is a designated grilling area.

I truly believe with all my heart that this woman pulled out her phone, googled “IF A BLACKMAN IS GRILING IN PUBLIC PARK WHAT LAW IS HE BREAKING” and ran with the first thing that came up.

My understanding was that some parts were charcoal ok and some weren't. They were in a charcoal not ok area but literally nobody actually enforced that rule because why would you?

If the whole area was charcoal ok and she was stretching for whatever bullshit she could that just makes the schad even more delicious.

BovineFury
Oct 28, 2007
I moo for great justice!
Nobody got eaten this time.
Family gets out of their car in a drive through safari.

Big cats thought they looked good. Man abandons woman and child.

https://twitter.com/invisibleman_17/status/994853221389697025

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

My understanding was that some parts were charcoal ok and some weren't. They were in a charcoal not ok area but literally nobody actually enforced that rule because why would you?

If the whole area was charcoal ok and she was stretching for whatever bullshit she could that just makes the schad even more delicious.

Cops showed up and said "eh technically charcoal not cool but we're dismissing this complaint because nobody gives a gently caress, especially us since this is really an issue for the park rangers. To tell you they don't give a gently caress either."

That was before she came back and resumed screaming at them. Authoritarians love playing the persecuted martyr and claiming moral victory for petty nonsense.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
How much is Big Propane paying her to act like a poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

a7m2 posted:

The subject is a racist piece of poo poo but the person taking the video freaking out about a business card is pretty annoying also

e: just to be clear the villain in this video is clearly the racist

Seeing as her goal was to humiliate the racist and ruin her day, the annoying was totally on purpose.