Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

In Training posted:

Finally, celeste on Switch!!!

Everyone should play Celeste! Goodness what an incredible game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/DragonQuest/status/994608010734399488

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
Hell yeah joints

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

The video game that taught me that murder is bad is Cannon Fodder, not this dang Undertale nonsense. Millennials these days need some furry animals to tell them things are bad cause they remind them of their stuff animals on their beds!

note: this poster would like to inform you she sleeps with several stuff animals, and this post is not meant to be taken seriously
I have a T.Rex!

Cannon fodder taught me that war can be so much fun so nah, murder is colorful and great.

Syndicate also taught me that capitalism is good, especially when you mind control the masses and use them as slave labor to fund your cybernetic research centers.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

al-azad posted:

Cannon fodder taught me that war can be so much fun so nah, murder is colorful and great.

Syndicate also taught me that capitalism is good, especially when you mind control the masses and use them as slave labor to fund your cybernetic research centers.

you learn nothing from that hill filled with tombstones?!!?!

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I dunno how discord actually works. I never use it because the interface confuses me and I'm still clinging to IRC, even though all the rooms I use are pretty dead.

Discord is much easier to use imo. Also the pokegoons discord is active and friendly and doesn't have that one goony abrasive weirdo practically living in it

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Snooze Cruise posted:

The video game that taught me that murder is bad is Cannon Fodder, not this dang Undertale nonsense. Millennials these days need some furry animals to tell them things are bad cause they remind them of their stuff animals on their beds!

note: this poster would like to inform you she sleeps with several stuff animals, and this post is not meant to be taken seriously
I have a T.Rex!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PiYuq6Ac3a0

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
They're extremely simple fight games but I'm continually surprised at how fun the Naruto Ultimate Ninja Storm games are

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Looper posted:

that one goony abrasive weirdo

Don't doxx me

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Looper posted:

Discord is much easier to use imo. Also the pokegoons discord is active and friendly and doesn't have that one goony abrasive weirdo practically living in it

Who's that?

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Snooze Cruise posted:

you learn nothing from that hill filled with tombstones?!!?!

You fight hard enough for your country you get a sweet plot of land!

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
there was while there in the era of Moraility Shooters like Spec Ops and Bishock Infinite where I just started not shooting any enemy that didn't attack me first, which is a weird to play a game, but a great life lesson

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

al-azad posted:

You fight hard enough for your country you get a sweet plot of land!

that is it al, i am going to put you on my enemy list and hope a house blows up and hits you with a door

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ometeotl posted:

Who's that?

i don't really wanna actually bring irc drama in here especially when i haven't been in that chat room in a while but i don't mean you! or anyone who actually posts on SA

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Expect My Mom posted:

there was while there in the era of Moraility Shooters like Spec Ops and Bishock Infinite where I just started not shooting any enemy that didn't attack me first, which is a weird to play a game, but a great life lesson

The Doom par times taught me to never shoot anything which is still how I play FPS games

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

kill every enemy as fast as you can then very slowly search for collectables

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Propaganda Hour posted:

*Credit card flies out of my wallet*

yeah its real good yo

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

https://twitter.com/theonion/status/994960605160394755?s=21

finally

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Playing more Daioujou. I used to avoid it for this exact reason but I'm really liking it cuz the autobomb mode in 1.5 basically gives you like 15 lives a credit essentially and there's a 1up on stage 3 so I can be a bad and still have fun in a run. Verse like Ketsui where I have to be incredibly focused to get anywhere which is really hard because my brain is soup 90% of the time. Had a similar experience playing Blue Revolver on the easy mode recently and thinking "wow, this is actually really relaxing and fun" but the advantage of the autobomb is you keep the billion cool looking bullets but get more leeway.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Label kicks rear end, I like it more than 1.5 Daioujou. And it still has the autobomb system that lets you see the whole game to practice runs and such.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
Oh I thought it didn't have autobomb, weird. That's what I was playing before because I didn't like the autobomb and because I love Manabu Namiki.

e: are there big gameplay differences besides the route system and bullet cancel bees? I don't care about scoring obviously

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 11, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

GUI posted:

The charm of Pagan Min is that unlike every other antagonist in the franchise he's hilarious and genuinely wants the main character (and by extension you, the player) to like him despite the fact that he's an awful human being.

also, 90% of the rebel "good guys" are just as bad as him

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Bimonthly reminder to take frequent breaks when playing video games, and also when sitting in front of a screen

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

precision posted:

also, 90% of the rebel "good guys" are just as bad as him

In the most eye roll-ey ways possible.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Namaste

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
this is really cool, thanks!

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Pillars of Eternity 2 is so much more awesome than i even thought it would be

2018 looking to be another insane year for VIDEO GAAAAAAAAAMES

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Jay Rust posted:

Bimonthly reminder to take frequent breaks when playing video games, and also when sitting in front of a screen

but sitting in front of a screen is my job :(

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Looper posted:

but sitting in front of a screen is my job :(

Take up smoking so you can take frequent breaks. For your health, of course.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

I'm currently serving a life sentence in prison for not wearing the wii remote wrist strap

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I know PoE2 is coming to the Switch, I hope PoE ends up there at some point too as I'd like to play them both on the same system and carry my characters over.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I can't tell if BL is harder or if I just immediately started playing worse when I switched over. Know I did the rear end in a top hat purple bullet guys in stage 2 perfectly in 1.5 and then totally screwed them up in my BL runs at least.

shmups are hard, man

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I thought I was reading one of your posts in the shoujo thread at first.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DisDisDis posted:

I can't tell if BL is harder or if I just immediately started playing worse when I switched over. Know I did the rear end in a top hat purple bullet guys in stage 2 perfectly in 1.5 and then totally screwed them up in my BL runs at least.

shmups are hard, man

BL is harder than novice DDPR but you can keep it more manageable by keeping your rank lower

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
rank system shmups...

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

The Colonel posted:

rank system shmups...

DisDisDis posted:

colonel play armed police batrider

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
played armored police unit gallop

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
After starting dating when is the right time to take a girl back to your house to play 2d fighting games?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

The Colonel posted:

rank system shmups...

Its a pretty simple rank system, there is just a bar that fills as you use a bigass laser and once it passes a threshold there are more bullets on screen. It fluctuates rapidly and you're supposed to max out on big enemies so you can get a bunch points by popping a bullet cancel special and explode all the bullets into beautiful points

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Snooze Cruise posted:

After starting dating when is the right time to take a girl back to your house to play 2d fighting games?

The first date

• Locked thread