Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

coconono posted:

wrestling is gay

Nah. Gorgeous George, Kwee Wee, Goldust, Rico, Adrian Adonis, Big Vito in a dress and Orlando Jordan in TNA were just really flamboyant.

fart blood posted:

Let's discuss how Genesis had better music than SNES, but SNES had better sound fx than Genesis.

:::clears throat:::

I think Genesis had better music than SNES, but SNES had better sound fx than Genesis. Thoughts anyone?

SNES had better everything and will defend my position by fighting you under the slide at recess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Commissar Ken posted:

SNES had better everything and will defend my position by fighting you under the slide at recess.

ah, the genesis had the ideal control scheme for the best game of the generation, nhl 94

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

fart blood posted:

Let's discuss how Genesis had better music than SNES, but SNES had better sound fx than Genesis.

I think Genesis had better music than SNES, but SNES had better sound fx than Genesis. Thoughts anyone?

I would like to introduce the soundtrack to the Genesis game Herzog Zwei as Exhibit A into Evidence, Your Honor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_PLmXBrNQw

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Chrono Trigger takes that soundtrack out behind the woodshed dude, sorry

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Defiance Industries posted:

Chrono Trigger takes that soundtrack out behind the woodshed dude, sorry

OK, if you're going to break out Chrono Trigger then let's just pack it up and go home right now.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

CobiWann posted:

I would like to introduce the soundtrack to the Genesis game Herzog Zwei as Exhibit A into Evidence, Your Honor.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_PLmXBrNQw

IIRC the Genesis actually rocked two synth chips on its board which gave it a serious sound pallette.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

Do it ironically posted:

Have to put my dog down tomorrow, been knowing about this for a while has and enlarged heart, heart murmurs, cataracts, glaucoma, and bad kidney but damned if I’m not a mess about it, and get to explain to two toddlers about why their dog isn’t around anymore

Give your pets a hug everyone

That really sucks, man :( I'm glad your dog had a long full life with a loving owner but I know that doesn't make things feel much better right now. My dog is going for a scan next week to hopefully figure out what is going on with his prostate, and it's not bothering me right now but if they tell me it's cancerous I'm going to be devastated. We already lost one of our cats at less than a year old to large-cell lymphoma, and my dog's only around 5 (he's a rescue so we dont know his exact age).

I'll hug my dog and my cat (despite her protests) an extra time in honor of your dearly departed.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the best mk (mkII) had his definitive edition on the genesis

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

coconono posted:

wrestling is gay
intergender stuff is usually pretty gross so, yeah i guess it is

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

coconono posted:

wrestling is gay

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

coconono posted:

IIRC the Genesis actually rocked two synth chips on its board which gave it a serious sound pallette.

It wasn't good enough for Michael Jackson

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

fart blood posted:

Looking at my gigantic nerdy rear end 100-ish game Sega Genesis collection, I don't think I can be unbiased but this is mostly true. While poo poo developers tended to make music that gave that stereotype of "fart sounds" every game worth a drat is some of the best game music from that time period. Sega, EA, Treasure, Konami, Capcom, and other random gems like whoever the gently caress changed Decap Attack or made the Genesis version of Shadowrun loving nailed it.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
Streets of Rage 2 has hands down one of the best game soundtracks of all time.

What is everyone's choices there?

For me:

1. Chrono Cross

2. Streets of Rage 2

3. Donkey Kong Country 1 and 2

4. Sonic 1-3

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

mario cart

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
I'm in a play that opens a week from today and I'm hosting an open mic night tomorrow and I'm hype as hell about both also Contra is the best video game soundtrack of all time.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
Took a while, but the CD thread on Infinity War has gone to poo poo about as much as I expected.

Speaking of superhero movies, I'm kind of iffy on seeing Deadpool 2, which is weird because I love the character (playing him in Marvel Ultimate Alliance is what got me into Marvel) and think he's a decent character and I loved the first movie. I think it might be that I just need to wait a while since Infinity War came out and I need to avoid burning myself out on superhero movies.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I felt really bad about killing that dragón in GOW

Also Snatcher and Policenauts are masterpieces

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

Karmine posted:

I'm in a play that opens a week from today and I'm hosting an open mic night tomorrow and I'm hype as hell about both also Contra is the best video game soundtrack of all time.

That's tight. Especially the open mic thing those are always fun, I used to do open mics pretty regular at Hotel Utah in SF for awhile. Good luck on both!

Also my favorite soundtrack is probably Sonic 3D Blast even if that game sucks. Maybe the Megaman, Castlevania, or Sonic games as a whole?

achillesforever6 posted:

Took a while, but the CD thread on Infinity War has gone to poo poo about as much as I expected.

lmao how? That movie was way better than it had any right to be for something with a million characters and 10 years of build

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
just watched guardians of the galaxy 2, its a very fun movie and dave "the big dave" bautista is delightful in it.

i might get around to seeing the newest revengers movie in about 5 years.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

shiksa posted:

just watched guardians of the galaxy 2, its a very fun movie and dave "the big dave" bautista is delightful in it.

the new avengers movie is straight up half a guardians movie, so if you like that I'd check it out sooner

plus the purple space monster is actually a good character

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

my wife and i did a double header of black panther and infinity war last night and now my brain is fried on superhero movies for a while. great movies though, that last killmonger line was :discourse:

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Symphony of the Night is the one time that someone made the PSX sound chip not sound like every horn and string instrument coming out of it was tuned flat as gently caress.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i've been slowly making my way through the MCU like a good consumer and idk. hard to understand how people can feel fervently about them in either direction.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

well that's a lie cause i Fervently hate RDJ and all his dialogue

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

it’d be nice if he said a single god damned line that wasn’t a witty comeback spoken very quickly

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

Cavauro posted:

don't load an old rear end save where you don't really feel connected to it anymore and start the white march. it's good content and will feel less good if you do it that way. Just replay PoE one day in the future and do the expansion stuff when you're like level 12 or something. I don't remember exactly

This is a good point. I've got some long plane trips coming up soon, so hopefully my laptop is powerful to run the game.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i did it i got an iphone.

this has a good camera but these wireless buds suck balls

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

shiksa posted:

i watched a 'best drax lines in gotg2' video and like half of them were just him giving a big ol' belly laugh and i went 'yep that's about right, good job dave'

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

OldTennisCourt posted:

For me:

1. Chrono Cross

2. Streets of Rage 2

4. Sonic 1-3

rock band 2

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

tony hawk's pro skater 1 and 2

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Just saw this trailer for Wrestlemassacre, an Ikea low budget horror movie about a wrestler who kills people, and had to share.

https://youtu.be/shREn__0Pto

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt7200866/

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

OldTennisCourt posted:

For me:

1. Chrono Cross

2. Streets of Rage 2

4. Sonic 1-3

Madden 04 and MVP Baseball 2005 are the only correct choices

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Benne posted:

dont fakepost.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhADiaP5E

i wanna take you for a ride

banabana bam

i wana take you for a ride

bahdabhado

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Benne posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BYWOV6jOapk

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Which Madden had the main menu song that was just someone saying "[Team name] will ROCK YOU" for every team in the league?

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

Defiance Industries posted:

Which Madden had the main menu song that was just someone saying "[Team name] will ROCK YOU" for every team in the league?

I'm almost certain that was one of the 2k games and not Madden.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

shiksa posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsfhADiaP5E

i wanna take you for a ride

banabana bam

i wana take you for a ride

bahdabhado

I mean sure... but what if...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5caIjg9UHk

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

lmao how? That movie was way better than it had any right to be for something with a million characters and 10 years of build
Because there are a lot of posters in CD that are miserable jaded people who think movies in the MCU are killing the "art" of cinema and like to pretend they are like the fat alcoholic slobbering Slovenian that a lot of them worship.

I mean hell a bunch of them thought Black Panther was a "evil" film because it had Bilbo as a side character who was heroic and in the CIA and that Kilmonger was actually the good guy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Big Coffin Hunter posted:

tony hawk's pro skater 1 and 2

My man

I can't think of any game soundtrack that had a bigger influence on shaping kids' taste in music than THPS 1.

I can't comment on the soundtrack of 3 because I only ever rented it and just played Ace of Spades on repeat for a week while getting every gap to unlock Wolverine. gently caress the Suburbia gaps.