Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

express slacks have a secondary inner pocket thatll fit an iphone 8 perfectly and the main is a bit deeper, which is rad minor evolution. like a subpocket without being excessive

jumping out of the pocket chat, some rumors are floating around about the se2 being a full screen like the x and that would probably be the best screen size possible imo

i said it before: a full screen se is basically a 6/7/8 minus the bezels so this would be super cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
even if they could do that they wouldn't on the se

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Agile Vector posted:

express slacks have a secondary inner pocket thatll fit an iphone 8 perfectly and the main is a bit deeper, which is rad minor evolution. like a subpocket without being excessive

jumping out of the pocket chat, some rumors are floating around about the se2 being a full screen like the x and that would probably be the best screen size possible imo

i said it before: a full screen se is basically a 6/7/8 minus the bezels so this would be super cool

pls tim :pray:

echinopsis
Apr 13, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
wallet in the front is an abomination

how baggy are your guys pants that that even works

sometimes when i wear pants without a back pocket i have wallet in front and god i feel like an enormous loser

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

lol i wear 511s and wallet in front is fine. stop carrying around a costanza wallet.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
all i see now is old rear end yosposters pulling their phones out of their jncos

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

i've seen no reason to change from inside jacket pocket. back trouser pocket is asking to get robbed and i'm sure front trouser pocket is fine if you literally never have change on you

like, i don't want to be carrying change around but i always end up having some on me. they made card surcharges illegal in the uk a little while ago but businesses are still allowed to have mandatory minimums. most of the time you're good but sometimes you're out after 10pm or need to buy idk, a weed grinder or buckfast and your only option is the old stalwart of the independent off-license owned/operated by a tired middle-eastern man which is guaranteed to have like a £5 minimum. idk maybe i'm common as muck. i also buy street drugs but that doesn't really require change since the denominations are nice and round and you're not exactly holding the notes for very long, but it's nice to have somewhere to actually put the notes

i guess it's my own pathology but i automatically assume anyone getting a shitload of cash out, or holding a shitload of cash, is some kind of criminal. or old af. was behind some olds in a hotel who were insisting on paying their 2 week, £1000+ hotel bill with cash and it made me palpably anxious

Generic Monk fucked around with this message at 20:00 on May 11, 2018

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

i cant even fathom wearing a wallet in the back

also these apple cases are awesome - bought a white one, thought it'd go to hell and be filthy but its not after like 6 months of use

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

if you carry more than 6 cards, you're blowing it. I have two id's, my debit card and my library card. there's no reason for you to carry your best buy rewards card wherever you go.

also I have a hip pouch and messenger bag because I live on my bike and especially in the summer I wear women's shorts which have negative pocket space but my storage capacity is ++. my phone is in a case because i found a cute case but it's ok if your phone is or is not in a case because its a personal choice.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Casual Encountess
Dec 14, 2005

"You can see how they go from being so sweet to tearing your face off,
just like that,
and it's amazing to have that range."

Thunderdome Exclusive

if you really want to rage about pockets women's clothing is functionally useless for carrying any items.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
iPhone SE in front left, keys and airpods case in front right, slim wallet in back right. If you have a Costanza wallet, sure keep in front or maybe a bag or something, but I carry ID, 2 credit cards, a work tapbadge and a CharlieCard. And I want a slimmer wallet, if possible

Generic Monk
Oct 31, 2011

Casual Encountess posted:

if you really want to rage about pockets women's clothing is functionally useless for carrying any items.

the solution is to spend more money on handbags i guess

Vintersorg posted:

i cant even fathom wearing a wallet in the back

how do you even sit down comfortably idgi - must be how people end up snapping their cards in half

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Im a slim guy with a thicc rear end so wallet goes in front pocket

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Casual Encountess posted:

Scott Forstall posted:

:getin:

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually
nice shootin', tex

pram
Jun 10, 2001
everyone post your everyday carry loadouts dont be shy

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

FMguru posted:

nice shootin', tex

no i posted a wallet bait derail and pram got mad lol

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Boiled Water posted:

like a fanny pack?

Rex-Goliath posted:

this is what the mini pocket on jeans is for though

if you ever had a fluid lighter leak into your jeans, you will never be tempted to keep it that close to your body ever again

also i am fond of expensive lighters, which i don't want to tug in/out of a pocket. the pouch has a cutout so that i don't have to yank on the lid

Notorious b.s.d. fucked around with this message at 21:34 on May 11, 2018

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

Agile Vector posted:

all mens slacks have a second inner pocket

it is a substitute for the watch pocket found on jeans

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i appreciate that the british care enough to keep old traditions alive, like lawyers wearing absurd wigs, or pubs putting up pictures of the queen, or pickpocketing being an actual crime that still happens to people

if you told that me literal highway robbery was common in england, with cars pulling up to "lorries" on the mi-5 bypass and pointing old-timey revolvers at them, i wouldn't be surprised

endearing, really

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

lol if you don’t wear the skinniest jeans you can manage. or joggers, those are good too

I’m still using my 6S Plus but I am looking forward to getting the iPhone XI because this piece of poo poo dies by about 7p and it’s real annoying. has anything leaked about the XI? I haven’t kept up with Apple stuff since I left

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
its the iphone X2 since its the second iphone x

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

give me the se2 tim, ill take whatever u got

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
there will be no more iphone models because the iPhone X is the platonic ideal of a smartphone and anything else would be a step down

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

lol if you don’t wear the skinniest jeans you can manage. or joggers, those are good too

I’m still using my 6S Plus but I am looking forward to getting the iPhone XI because this piece of poo poo dies by about 7p and it’s real annoying. has anything leaked about the XI? I haven’t kept up with Apple stuff since I left
i heard from some coworkers the other day that they had discontinued the iphone x but i just assumed they read a blog post about how oled screens were difficult to produce which according to an analyst means apple can't make iphones x anymore. i didn't look into it though.

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

uncle at Apple

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

FMguru posted:

nice shootin', tex

Jimmy Carter
Nov 3, 2005

THIS MOTHERDUCKER
FLIES IN STYLE
what’s the YOSPOS take on the iPhone X Leather Wallet Case because it seems like it solves all problems in this thread and is Rule 36 Compliant

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Jimmy Carter posted:

what’s the YOSPOS take on the iPhone X Leather Wallet Case because it seems like it solves all problems in this thread and is Rule 36 Compliant
*shakes yospos magic 8-ball*

*squints at the answer as it emerges from the murky interior*

suck it off, op

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

all mens slacks have a second inner pocket

it is a substitute for the watch pocket found on jeans

*record scratch* these have both

what i mean was that second pocket progressively got bigger coincidentally each time major phones took a shift in sizes. i imagine theres some android equivalent in cargo pants evolution like five more pockets for each model phone being swapped every year

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

, and for backup batteries and external hard drives

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

the image of a network of wires running from pocket to pocket is probably the most cyberpunk thing in theory

The Leck
Feb 27, 2001

my SE got a tiny scratch on the screen, and it’s not too noticeable but it is irritating. I’ve only had the thing for like 6 months and this never happened with android phones. what gives, tim?

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

six months is the average supported life span on android phones so its understandable

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Agile Vector posted:

the image of a network of wires running from pocket to pocket is probably the most cyberpunk thing in theory

scott-e-vest lol

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

anthonypants posted:

phone in left, wallet + keys in right is the objectively correct pants pockets configuration

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Jimmy Carter posted:

i didn’t like the wide rear end cutout it has on the bottom so i went for an otterbox folio case, which has been good except for the cover - the card slot on that was not designed by someone actually using the thing

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

Do right handed people hold their phone in the left hand and poke at it with their right? In that case I can see how it would make sense to keep it in the left pocket

I am a filthy leftie so I mostly hold the phone in my right hand and feel like that's my excuse for having phone+wallet in the right pocket

Nothing should ever be in your butt pockets imo

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

r u ready to WALK posted:

Do right handed people hold their phone in the left hand and poke at it with their right? In that case I can see how it would make sense to keep it in the left pocket

I am a filthy leftie so I mostly hold the phone in my right hand and feel like that's my excuse for having phone+wallet in the right pocket

Nothing should ever be in your butt pockets imo

no, im right-handed and i use phone with my left hand almost exclusively

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
phone in left front pocket

wallet in right front pocket

keys in right back pocket.