Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012
Too bad Firestorm isn't still around to just tranmute something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

WhyteRyce posted:

"Oliver, can you put this on an arrow and just shoot it into space"

He can't, Diaz already thought of it :smith:

Kilson
Jan 16, 2003

I EAT LITTLE CHILDREN FOR BREAKFAST !!11!!1!!!!111!

Davros1 posted:

I like "We can't use technology to stop the satellites, because Devoe can stop them! We need something organic!"

I was really hoping this was going in the direction of a huge potato gun.

pile of brown
Dec 31, 2004
How are they even supposed to use the metal glob to destroy a network of satellites? If they're going to blow them up while they're conveniently together on the ground pre launch a regular old grenade would work as well or better than the magic bomb, but they have no reason to even think the satellites are currently on Earth, and theres no reason for them to still be anyways. Even if they're incomplete DeVoe should be tinkering with them in a place you'd need teleport powers to get to... Like a loving moonbase or something.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

pile of brown posted:

How are they even supposed to use the metal glob to destroy a network of satellites? If they're going to blow them up while they're conveniently together on the ground pre launch a regular old grenade would work as well or better than the magic bomb, but they have no reason to even think the satellites are currently on Earth, and theres no reason for them to still be anyways. Even if they're incomplete DeVoe should be tinkering with them in a place you'd need teleport powers to get to... Like a loving moonbase or something.

Barry's gonna run really fast and throw it.

LongDarkNight
Oct 25, 2010

It's like watching the collapse of Western civilization in fast forward.
Oven Wrangler
Its too bad Ralph got whammied because Barry using him as a giant slingshot would be awesome.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Finally caught up on the last two eps last night and they were both fun as poo poo. Honestly though, they really should have looped Wells the Grey into the Council. I mean, come on guys, the man is (probably) a literal wizard!

It was quite cathartic to see Marlize finally not just stand up to DeVoe, but outsmart him AND still his cool chair and tell him to gently caress off. Their relationship was creepy and toxic and one-sided from the word go, and I’m glad she’s (hopefully) finally rid of his domineering rear end and I look forward to his slow-roll unravelling because of it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
2 things stood out to me from the last ep:

1) Of course DeVeaux can hide from you. Citizens recognize DeVeaux, sure, but he can look like anyone. Doy.

2) If Barry can phase through ANYTHING that is not part of him, (even down to toxins in his blood) then I know someone who doesn't have to poop anymore. At least not in the traditional sense.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

His poop stays with him because of the speedforce. When he passes it in the traditional sense, it becomes calcified speed force

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

WhyteRyce posted:

His poop stays with him because of the speedforce. When he passes it in the traditional sense, it becomes calcified speed force

shitforce

I ain't gotta explain speed

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
You would think, given the general amount of energy doing anything speed related takes out of Barry that it would be infinitely easier on him to just, you know, poo poo like a normal person instead of trying to be all fancy about it.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

nine-gear crow posted:

You would think, given the general amount of energy doing anything speed related takes out of Barry that it would be infinitely easier on him to just, you know, poo poo like a normal person instead of trying to be all fancy about it.

Now Ralph (and now Devoe) on the other hand have got it made when it comes to bowel movements

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

you have to poo poo faster than you've ever poo poo before

now

poo poo, barry, poo poo

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
got goony in here real quick lol

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

There's a whoooole other Earth that's nothing but Cisco's poops.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

nine-gear crow posted:

Honestly though, they really should have looped Wells the Grey into the Council. I mean, come on guys, the man is (probably) a literal wizard!

There's no way he's not just a huge RenFair nerd.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Chokes McGee posted:

got goony in here real quick lol

There is nothing goony about the Shitforce :c00lbutt:

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Davros1 posted:

There's a whoooole other Earth that's nothing but Cisco's poops.

The next season's villain is someone who's going after team flash because Cisco is breaching his shits into his home.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

If anything next season will be an evil version of team flash.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

GreenNight posted:

How can you tell? They kill slightly fewer people?

bentacos
Oct 9, 2012

Burning_Monk posted:

How can you tell? They kill slightly fewer people?

They all have goatees. Yes. ALL of them.

Vietnamwees
May 8, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

bentacos posted:

They all have goatees. Yes. ALL of them.

Even da girls?

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

Everyone except Joe

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

GreenNight posted:

You know, that would actually be a fun idea to explore. What if Team Flash broke bad instead of tried to do good. They're not dealing with a supervillain with a master plan, just a group of shitheads with super powers who were just as dumb as Barry, Cisco, Caitlin, Iris, Joe and Wells are on the reg only in the opposite direction.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Vietnamwees posted:

Even da girls?

Caitlin does not but Killer Frost does.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I would not be surprised if DeVoe is so arrogant he won't change his appearance when he goes out.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

twistedmentat posted:

I would not be surprised if DeVoe is so arrogant he won't change his appearance when he goes out.

It also costs less money to have one actor playing your villain than like 12.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

It also costs less money to have one actor playing your villain than like 12.

An aspiring actor in Vancouver would probably pay the CW for the exposure.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

You know, that would actually be a fun idea to explore. What if Team Flash broke bad instead of tried to do good. They're not dealing with a supervillain with a master plan, just a group of shitheads with super powers who were just as dumb as Barry, Cisco, Caitlin, Iris, Joe and Wells are on the reg only in the opposite direction.

Savitar's back, and he's dumber than ever!

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Question: does anyone know where Cisco's Boaty McBoatface shirt from the latest ep came from?

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

oh jay posted:

An aspiring actor in Vancouver would probably pay the CW for the exposure.

There is no probably about it.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

nine-gear crow posted:

Question: does anyone know where Cisco's Boaty McBoatface shirt from the latest ep came from?

Same, but all of his shirts

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

Xelkelvos posted:

Apparently it’s a custom shirt from Redbubble. Like at this point I’m starting to wonder whether the show’s costume department is just amazingly on point at finding stuff like this, or if Carlos Valdes is just showing up to set wearing stuff he already owns and they just go “perfect!” and start filming.

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Xelkelvos posted:

You can try https://wornontv.net but idk if they do men's clothing or not.

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Xelkelvos posted:

Some come from https://www.threadless.com/ He's worn some that I already own.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Chokes McGee posted:

I could watch Amunet chew scenery all day long :allears:
The character is pretty fun but that accent is just the worst.

howe_sam posted:

Kara can't fly into orbit.
What? Why not? Superman flies through space all the time.

nine-gear crow posted:

It was quite cathartic to see Marlize finally not just stand up to DeVoe, but outsmart him AND still his cool chair and tell him to gently caress off. Their relationship was creepy and toxic and one-sided from the word go, and I’m glad she’s (hopefully) finally rid of his domineering rear end and I look forward to his slow-roll unravelling because of it.
It might have been good if they didn't do the flashback where it turns out that DeVoe was a complete arsehole to her from the very first day they met and she (for some reason) liked that. Also if their "technology makes people evil" idea wasn't the dumbest thing ever.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

Tiggum posted:

The character is pretty fun but that accent is just the worst.

Are you kidding? That's the best part. :mmmhmm:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Tiggum posted:

What? Why not? Superman flies through space all the time.

It's a whole big thing in the first season finale when Kara throws Fort Roz into space.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
They seem to have substantially toned down the powers of kryptonians in this show compared to any other interpretations of Superman I’ve seen on screen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

The Lord Bude posted:

They seem to have substantially toned down the powers of kryptonians in this show compared to any other interpretations of Superman I’ve seen on screen.

That seems more a consequence of budget than anything else