Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Gonz posted:

Paige has been working for Stan and the FBI this whole time.

Phillip and Elizabeth come home, but a light was left on. They cautiously enter the house, and a voice from the darkness says "well, well, well..." as Pastor Tim spins around in his recliner. He pulls off his dumb hair to reveal it was actually a wig the whole time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUGE SPACEKABLOOIE
Mar 31, 2010

Wafflecopper posted:

That's... awfully specific

It's about the only thing I can think of that would fall under "the writers are going to hell for this" category. Phil and Liz have done so much that nothing could happen to them that they probably wouldn't deserve. Stan has his share of blood on his hands, Henry is barely a character and Paige has been playing with fire for a while now. They could kill her, sure, but that would be somewhat normal for this show, and there are some things worse than death.

Also, I'm a staff writer for the show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

My guess is Elizabeth and Paige go on a mission, Phillip finds out The FBI is gonna bust it, saves Paige, but doesn’t have time to save Elizabeth and Elizabeth takes the pill.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

canyoneer posted:

Phillip and Elizabeth come home, but a light was left on. They cautiously enter the house, and a voice from the darkness says "well, well, well..." as Pastor Tim spins around in his recliner. He pulls off his dumb hair to reveal it was actually a wig the whole time

This will never happen, but if it did, it would cause me to smile so intensely it would be painful.

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

sportsgenius86 posted:

My guess is Elizabeth and Paige go on a mission, Phillip finds out The FBI is gonna bust it, saves Paige, but doesn’t have time to save Elizabeth and Elizabeth takes the pill.

Paige takes the pill.

And it breaks Phillip, and he confesses everything to Stan right before Stan would have busted him. Elizabeth goes away forever. Stan adopts Henry.

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

sportsgenius86 posted:

Stan is about to catch them red-handed but his phone rings, oh no its the hospital! Renee has been badly hurt in an accident that Phil engineered.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I want Renee to finally get her FBI job and do something that blows the whole case

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
I think the saddest ending would be an operation going sideways and Phillip dying, someone shows up and drags Elizabeth back to a Russia she doesn't recognize and realizes all of her sacrifices were for nothing, Paige ends up in a federal prison for 45 years on espionage charges and Henry disowns his parents.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Liz strapped to a chair with her eyelieds held open while watching CNN on 12/25/91.

Intense comedy.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

mobby_6kl posted:

Stan just needs to be a bit more curious than the first time and it's pretty much game over. He can just follow Liz for any amount of time and that's it. Even if she diligently does the whole routine to lose the tail every time, the fact that she does that on the way to the travel agency office every day would be super suspicious.

I think think they set everything up for the finale pretty well (although this missions seemed like something they wouldn't risk exposing other illegals). It just feels like it's happening out of nowhere because the FBI made no progress on them in like 10 years, but this is probably how it happens IRL too. There's no leads for a long time until something happens and there suddenly it's on.

I wonder if the vehicle tradecraft (cross-referencing rental and purchase names against other records to find patterns) is going to end up exposing other illegals. I figured that was what Stan was doing with that box of records near the end.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Stan figures it out and confronts them. Intense armed standoff. Suddenly, Mail Robot bursts into the door, with a letter for Stan AND the Jennings, saying that the cold war is over and Russia has officially lost. Tension defused, they all relax and the camera freeze frames on them having a good laugh.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

phosdex posted:

Stan is about to catch them red-handed but his phone rings, oh no its the hospital! Renee has been badly hurt in an accident that Phil engineered.

No, she's been poisoned! Show ends with a slow zoom on the lily of the valley plant in that little courtyard where Elizabeth smokes.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Argue posted:

Stan figures it out and confronts them. Intense armed standoff. Suddenly, Mail Robot bursts into the door, with a letter for Stan AND the Jennings, saying that the cold war is over and Russia has officially lost. Tension defused, they all relax and the camera freeze frames on them having a good laugh.

The cold war was shot down over the sea of Japan. It spun in. There were no survivors.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Mail bot: "The Cold War's over!"
Stan: "Finally those capitalist pigs will pay for their crimes! Right, comrades?!"
Jennings: :mad:

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.
In the pool I am picking Stan's death at the hands of his girlfriend, having been put in her position purely as a safety measure for if/when the big lug ever found out about the illegals across the street. Phillip kills the girlfriend for killing his best bud. Liz kills Phillip for killing a soviet agent. Paige kills Liz for killing her dad. Henry, being the prime beneficiary on Stan's will inherits all of Stan's government cash and goes on to be a hockey star.

Accretionist posted:

They better not kill Stan, oh my god

Edit: If he dies, I will be genuinely upset.

I am expecting the same kind of ending as Justified.
(Still in the pool for above mind you)

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 15:54 on May 12, 2018

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Hasselblad posted:

(Still in the pool for above mind you)

Stan visits Phillip in federal prison.
PHILLIP: Why didn't you just kill me?
STAN: We played racquetball together.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Hasselblad posted:

Gonna be weird when Philip and Stan reminisce about digging coal.

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou posted:

Stan visits Phillip in federal prison.
PHILLIP: Why didn't you just kill me?
STAN: We played racquetball together.

Stan then goes to Arizona and hooks up with Elizabeth where she is in witness protection. She lets Stan adopt Henry. Stan quits the FBI and starts wearing a baseball hat.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

And Claudia offers Paige a drink of her homemade vodka? :ohdear:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Gonz posted:

Liz strapped to a chair with her eyelieds held open while watching CNN on 12/25/91.

Intense comedy.

I've been saying for 3 years now that, assuming she survives, I want some sort of a flash forward to the fall of the Berlin Wall or the end of the Soviet Union and Elizabeth's reaction.

Total confusion? Disillusioned? Despondent? Takes the pill?

Red Dad Redemption
Sep 29, 2007

In Phillip’s last act as a Directorate S agent, he engineers a desperate, but ultimately successful, extraction for Paige and Elizabeth, who are reassigned. And he returns home, his need for a clear break with it all overcoming the pain of separation.

Cut to present.

A conference audience is milling around a podium. It is a meeting of the SPE Petroleum Technology Conference in Moscow, and the Chairman of Russneft is the keynote speaker. He emerges to applause, flashing a dazzling smile to the audience. “Hi”, he says, “my name is Mischa”.

Fin.

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib

canyoneer posted:

And who is it under the wing?

No other than Hollywood actor, Ronald Reagan.

CBJSprague24 posted:

I've been saying for 3 years now that, assuming she survives, I want some sort of a flash forward to the fall of the Berlin Wall or the end of the Soviet Union and Elizabeth's reaction.

Total confusion? Disillusioned? Despondent? Takes the pill?
I don't think the characters in the show will see the fall of the berlin wall, but I could kinda see the show doing a final montage scene to end the show: The berlin wall coming down with tv reporters around the world commentating, the thawing of the cold war, Gorbachev resignation speech and ending on the hammer and sickle flag lowering over the Kremlin for the last time on Christmas day 1991.

Fade to black as Back in the USSR by The Beatles plays over the credits. (or Born in the USA by bruce springsteen with footage of his east berlin concert shown)

drunkill fucked around with this message at 17:16 on May 12, 2018

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

howe_sam posted:

And Claudia offers Paige a drink of her homemade vodka? :ohdear:

Hah, forgot about that crossover 8)

I miss Justified. 8(

Hasselblad fucked around with this message at 18:17 on May 12, 2018

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Man if Walton Goggins was on this show it might just be the greatest thing ever.

Hed
Mar 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
Has Stan’s boy been mentioned at all or did he die on the way back to his home planet. Seems like Thanksgiving might have been a good time to see him c

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Hed posted:

Has Stan’s boy been mentioned at all or did he die on the way back to his home planet. Seems like Thanksgiving might have been a good time to see him c

He's moving in with his girlfriend somewhere. It was mentioned in the bar with Philip I believe.

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler

Hasselblad posted:

Hah, forgot about that crossover 8)

I miss Justified. 8(

Same. I just rewatched the pilot and a few episodes from season one. Due for a full rewatch soon.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

Stan figures out that they are Soviet spies. Instead of turning them in, he does the neighborly thing and invites himself over, takes a beer from their fridge, and asks them to please stop spying.
Stan is no snitch.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

I love that we still have zero idea how this show will end.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
It doesn’t feel like it’s wrapping up at all. It’s weird.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
I think things really should start crumbling this next episode. We have three to go; it would be nice to have a full episode for the clean-up if possible.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
I just want Oleg to be ok.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

canyoneer posted:

Stan figures out that they are Soviet spies. Instead of turning them in, he does the neighborly thing and invites himself over, takes a beer from their fridge, and asks them to please stop spying.
Stan is no snitch.

He wouldn't make it out the front door without feeling the choking embrace of the greatest female warrior of the :ussr:.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

CBJSprague24 posted:

He wouldn't make it out the front door without feeling the choking embrace of the greatest female warrior of the :ussr:.

They'd repeat the alley-oop neck break they did on that poor botanist at the research facility.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

I just want Oleg to be ok.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

dwarf74 posted:

I think things really should start crumbling this next episode. We have three to go; it would be nice to have a full episode for the clean-up if possible.

As long as none of the fuckers who wanted to see Elizabeth watch "communism crumbling" get their cookie I'm happy.

I also want Oleg to be okay.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I want a spinoff workplace comedy about Oleg in the MiniTranPo called Everybody Loves Oleg!

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Priority 1: Oleg be ok
Priority 2: Paige be ok
Priority 3: Martha be ok

Time for a wacky comedy spin-off? They can have mail-bot as a pet.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
RONALD REAGAN visits Henry's boarding school and shakes his hand. Within the few words exchanged, he realizes the awful secret.

Smash cut to a Northern Virginia home. The Gipper rings the doorbell, and when Phil opens it to see who it is, Reagan takes him and Elizabeth both out with one vicious haymaker. Stan looks on from across the street with a glimmering tear in his eye, and Renee transforms into the majestic bald eagle she secretly was all along.

The background is replaced by a waving United States Flag. The national anthem starts playing.

fin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TraderStav
May 19, 2006

It feels like I was standing my entire life and I just sat down

dwarf74 posted:

RONALD REAGAN visits Henry's boarding school and shakes his hand. Within the few words exchanged, he realizes the awful secret.

Smash cut to a Northern Virginia home. The Gipper rings the doorbell, and when Phil opens it to see who it is, Reagan takes him and Elizabeth both out with one vicious haymaker. Stan looks on from across the street with a glimmering tear in his eye, and Renee transforms into the majestic bald eagle she secretly was all along.

The background is replaced by a waving United States Flag. The national anthem starts playing.

fin

As long as Bruce Campbell reprises his role as Reagan, I'm all in.

• Locked thread