Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pixelate
Jan 6, 2018

"You win by having fun"

MilesK posted:

Just for giggles, I'll share a bit of my humor.

When I was a nursing student, I, and another student got to take a patient we were caring for down to the cath lab so he could have a cardiac catheter inserted. Our instructor told us we could watch from the observation room.

The procedure started smoothly enough, experienced team, but in a total of 10 seconds, he started blowing blood out of his mouth and nose, got a huge erection, then died.

My classmate was in shock, and asked how did that happen, and I replied "He got a peek down the scrub nurses' shirt.

Have you considered writing for the Stimpire?

e: phoning in my taxxe

The barreleye (Macropinna microstoma) has extremely light-sensitive eyes that can rotate within a transparent, fluid-filled shield on its head. The fish’s tubular eyes are capped by bright green lenses. The eyes point upward (as shown here) when the fish is looking for food overhead. They point forward when the fish is feeding. The two spots above the fish’s mouth are are olfactory organs called nares, which are analogous to human nostrils.

Pixelate fucked around with this message at 22:52 on May 13, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

MilesK posted:

When I was a nursing student, I, and another student got to take a patient we were caring for down to the cath lab so he could have a cardiac catheter inserted. Our instructor told us we could watch from the observation room.

The procedure started smoothly enough, experienced team, but in a total of 10 seconds, he started blowing blood out of his mouth and nose, got a huge erection, then died.

My classmate was in shock, and asked how did that happen, and I replied "He got a peek down the scrub nurses' shirt.

Jesus Christ dude

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

MilesK posted:

Genius pupper master

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

this gay comedy forum lives once more

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

MilesK made me laugh after sitting in a traffic jam for 3 hours. Thank you

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

alf_pogs posted:

this gay comedy forum lives once more

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Deathsquid
Apr 26, 2017

Beexoffel posted:

This is the UNabridged over two hours of it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3DCbvu-uF4o&t=3s
0:48:19 jump in to disappearing planet, crash a little later.
1:38:34 buggy approaching The Ramp.

Thanks!

...Oh god, that's 2 hours out of my life again, I gotta rewatch this trainwreck again.

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

Deathsquid posted:

Thanks!

...Oh god, that's 2 hours out of my life again, I gotta rewatch this trainwreck again.

Well you can skip the first hour and fifty eight minutes. Get to the good stuff.

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Deathsquid posted:

Thanks!

There was a post that had timestamps for the various gently caress-ups. So maybe you could find it if you looked back in the thread around CitCon you might find it.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Axegrinder
Jul 26, 2004
Sometimes sarcasm can help us think more clearly.
To me, this is the most important thread on the forums.

- It inspired and guided me to get a refund, saving me $260.

- The posting quality is amazing - I'm in awe - and the entertainment is never-ending.

- I used to worship Chris Roberts, back in the Wing Commander 3 days; now my eyes are open, and the awakening has been painful.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: thank you, thread, for helping me to grow as a person.

To business: as part of the Pillars of Eternity 2 fig-starter, I pledged for three extra Steam keys, to celebrate the purchase of my new apartment. Pillars Of Eternity is like a modern version of Baldur's Gate, but more in-depth and grimdark. It's excellent, easily the best game I've ever backed, and the sequel is just out.

I now have three Steam keys for Pillars of Eternity 2 Fig Edition to award to whoever requests them first. Kindly give me a way to contact you. One lucky responder will also get a season pass for the game.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

I see Keramz is slowly making his way back to friendly territory after his trip "behind enemy lines" lol.

Gonna go ahead and say I called it.

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
i have a fever and cant really make sense of walls of text. can someone sum up the reddit / astropub drama

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

Nicholas posted:

i have a fever and cant really make sense of walls of text. can someone sum up the reddit / astropub drama
slighty chub dude on grommr decides he's gonna lose weight

enjoy that rabbit hole

Mu77ley
Oct 14, 2016

Nicholas posted:

They're all idiots.

Frank_Leroux
Mar 24, 2018

Nicholas posted:

CIG is doing a bunch of financially shady crap so that they can get all of the money. This involves a thing called 'LTI', which is kinda mysterious. But all you really need to know is that they're trying to get new cash infusions rather than having their various backers shuffle store credit around. This tactic is rubbing many of the formerly faithful whales the wrong way.

Oh, and Star Citizen is bad.

Good enough?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
hello, are you guys still hosed up retarded weirdos

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Axegrinder posted:

- The posting quality is amazing - I'm in awe - and the entertainment is never-ending.

- I used to worship Chris Roberts, back in the Wing Commander 3 days; now my eyes are open, and the awakening has been painful.

I guess what I'm trying to say is: thank you, thread, for helping me to grow as a person.

To business: as part of the Pillars of Eternity 2 fig-starter, I pledged for three extra Steam keys, to celebrate the purchase of my new apartment. Pillars Of Eternity is like a modern version of Baldur's Gate, but more in-depth and grimdark. It's excellent, easily the best game I've ever backed, and the sequel is just out.

I now have three Steam keys for Pillars of Eternity 2 Fig Edition to award to whoever requests them first. Kindly give me a way to contact you. One lucky responder will also get a season pass for the game.

I finished it earlier today, it's a great game. Already started a second run :toot:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

MilesK posted:

Axegrinder posted:

ah, nevermind

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

MilesK posted:

Boy, where do I start?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

ArfJason posted:

how much are you in for commando

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

ArfJason posted:

p much yeah

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

get a rfndjason

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Axegrinder posted:

I would be very interested in a key, please. :) Can you please contact me by PM? I can't afford new games at the moment and I'm very grateful you're doing this! :shobon:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

ArfJason posted:

Oh, hey man, what's up?

Axegrinder
Jul 26, 2004
Sometimes sarcasm can help us think more clearly.
The PoE2 keys have been claimed.

Congratulations to Taintrunner, Golli, and Anticheese. You will be contacted by PM shortly.

Enjoy!

Axegrinder fucked around with this message at 00:01 on May 14, 2018

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Hooray! I’m proud to be a Star Miscreant this day

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
deadfire real good

Bumbler
Dec 17, 2005

Deathsquid posted:

Does the abridged highlight reel of 2017 Gamescon fiasco stream still exist? There's a few people I want to show it to... Especially the buggy clipping through the ramp and exploding, but the whole thing in general is gold.
Here's the abridged version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azZ0WqhM_ps

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

MilesK posted:

This needs to be shared with the health care stories thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3837778

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Here's the super abridged version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IfY49zx7RU0

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Beet Wagon posted:

I see Keramz is slowly making his way back to friendly territory after his trip "behind enemy lines" lol.

Gonna go ahead and say I called it.

Meh, he already has our stink. No matter what, that dude is already a filthy traitor fudster.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Frank_Leroux posted:

CIG is doing a bunch of financially shady crap so that they can get all of the money. This involves a thing called 'LTI', which is kinda mysterious. But all you really need to know is that they're trying to get new cash infusions rather than having their various backers shuffle store credit around. This tactic is rubbing many of the formerly faithful whales the wrong way.

Oh, and Star Citizen is bad.

Good enough?

No, not good enough! :colbert:

They have always run on a bunch of financially shady crap. What is different this time is that they were so loving obvious about needing money that even their dumbass backers noticed.

And once CIG is desperate enough they'll switch gear to "candid honesty" and tell the backers what they have always suspected:

buy the ships or Star Citizen, the doggo, gets it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

TheAgent posted:

deadfire real good

:hai:

More of a game that SC will ever be

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
hmmm, am I vain enough to listen to myself on stream with VC

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Axegrinder posted:

The PoE2 keys have been claimed.

Congratulations to Taintrunner, Golli, and Anticheese. You will be contacted by PM shortly.

Enjoy!

Thanks a ton, Axegrinder! And here's to another game made while Star Citizen has been spinning its wheels :)

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007

Anticheese posted:

Thanks a ton, Axegrinder! And here's to another game made while Star Citizen has been spinning its wheels :)

Wasn't the first PoE made while Star Citizen was spinning it's wheels?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

The Saddest Robot posted:

Wasn't the first PoE made while Star Citizen was spinning it's wheels?
Forget video games. While Star Citizen was spinning its wheels, SpaceX designed and built the Falcon 9.

And then flew it 54 times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheGodofIris
Oct 12, 2016

None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free

ArfJason posted:

Are we still gay in here?

Tane.