Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Huh, I had no idea that Milwaukee and Chicago were that close to each other

If a rainout in Washington means we miss Scherzer I’m not gonna complain that loud

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Poque posted:

Somehow Kole Calhoun has a worse wRC+ at 5.

Given Calhoun's batting line I'm kind of impressed his wRC+ is above 0, honestly.

Thom P. Tiers
May 29, 2008

Red Birds
Red Ass
Red Text

Carlosologist posted:

Cubs fans call Miller Park "Wrigley North."

BigBallChunkyTime
Nov 25, 2011

Kyle Schwarber: World Series hero, Beefy Lad, better than you.

Illegal Hen

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Cubs fans call Miller Park "Wrigley North."

I love doing that. :getin:

Sellout crowds with 40-60% of the crowd rooting for the road team is an awesome experience.

bawfuls
Oct 28, 2009

Your Taint posted:

Sellout crowds with 40-60% of the crowd rooting for the road team is an awesome experience.
*high-fives from San Diego*

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Carlosologist posted:

If you're flying, it's like eight minutes in the air total between the cities. By train, it's about an hour and a half, and about the same if you're driving.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Timby posted:

If you're flying, it's like eight minutes in the air total between the cities. By train, it's about an hour and a half, and about the same if you're driving.

There are flights? It would take more time to drive to the airport, wait in security, board and deplane then it would to just drive. It's only ~90 miles

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Timby posted:

It’s 2.5 hours by car; you have to stop at the Apple Holler or the Cheese Castle.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Slimy Hog posted:

There are flights? It would take more time to drive to the airport, wait in security, board and deplane then it would to just drive. It's only ~90 miles

Weirdly enough, yes. Once when I was flying back to Wisconsin from Baltimore, my itinerary was BWI<ORD<MKE.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Slimy Hog posted:

Actually, always use timg tags.

also acceptable

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
God drat do I hate traveling fan bases. The gently caress out of my stadium ya dinguses.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

HEY NONG MAN posted:

God drat do I hate traveling fan bases. The gently caress out of my stadium ya dinguses.

sure, just get rid of revenue sharing and I'll stay away

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
The Supreme Court overturned the federal ban on sports gambling, hold on to your butts.

MLB & MLBPA reactions:

https://twitter.com/MLByahoosports/status/996054381110820864

https://twitter.com/MLB_PLAYERS/status/996042876067950593

"So about that integrity fee we've been asking for..."

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

bawfuls posted:

*high-fives from San Diego*

I used to live in LA and still have family in San Diego, so I'd make that drive often. Chicago to Milwaukee is only about 30 miles shorter than LA to San Diego, but if you start both journeys during rush hour, it can take up to three times longer to get from LA to SD. I do not miss that traffic at all.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Your Taint posted:

I went to one of the terrible, no-good Yankees @ Angels games last year and the crowd was mostly Yankees fans. Several "Let's Go Yankees!" chants to none for the Angels.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Can't say I'm pleased at the prospect of Jung Ho Kang returning.

I don't care about the DUIs but the assault allegation in Chicago was damning and disturbing and it really took a toll on my enthusiasm when it hit the papers.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
Angels fans just don't give a poo poo and would rather not go to those games. You can make up the cost of your whole season ticket package by selling sawx Yankee and dodger tickets.

Having to yell and scream the whole game to drown out the away teams chant is not fun but cheering your team when on the road is fun so I get it. It doesn't help anything that the angels always poo poo themselves worse than normal vs NY/Boston.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

GalacticAcid posted:

I don't care about the DUIs

you're a bad person

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Sue me

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

GalacticAcid posted:

Can't say I'm pleased at the prospect of Jung Ho Kang returning.

I don't care about the DUIs but the assault allegation in Chicago was damning and disturbing and it really took a toll on my enthusiasm when it hit the papers.

lol what

I don't care about this extremely dangerous activity that could kill people but that assault allegation . . . my god! They are both extremely bad.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Hand Row posted:

21 year old Brewers prospect Freddy Peralta made his MLB starting debut today in Colorado. Even cooler his parents from DR had flown in to see him pitch for the first time professionally ever, but got to see his MLB debut instead. He proceeded to no hit the Rockies into the sixth. 13k's, 1 hit, no runs.

What's even more nuts is he threw his fastball 90% of the time. You'd think he would be a flamethrower, but he works in the 88 to 92 mph range. Apparently he can run it, sink it etc at will. So with 2 strikes he throws up monster spinners to get whiffs.

gently caress the Brewers but this is super cool and cute:

https://twitter.com/Brewers/status/995813833414496257

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I consider a rape allegation worse than a dangerous activity, yes.

For instance, I would not cut off a friendship with someone who received a DUI but would with someone who raped another person.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

GalacticAcid posted:

I consider a rape allegation worse than a dangerous activity, yes.

For instance, I would not cut off a friendship with someone who with a DUI but would with someone who raped another person.

What about enough DUIs (including a hit & run, fleeing from the scene on foot) to get you banned from working in another country and serving jail time in your own?

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

*Breaks out Torts course book, stretches, cracks knuckles*

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pancakes posted:

*Breaks out Torts course book, stretches, cracks knuckles*

:allears:

I hate yours and the Cubs fans' teams, but you're all cool.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!
https://www.instagram.com/p/BixNSEwhhpR/?hl=en&taken-by=vladdyjr27

:siren: Potential Vlad Jr. Call-Up Alert :siren:

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

gently caress yeah

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Oh poo poo, should I get tix to Citi Field for tomorrow?

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
https://twitter.com/SNFaizalKhamisa/status/996108464970645504

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

There are two people in the background of the December pic and three in the one he posted today. Is Vlad a wizard?

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
I didn't think the Cardinals needed Machado before the season but they desperately need a bat to play somewhere on the IF.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
It looks there were two different pictures taking within seconds of each other; there's two people in the first picture because the third person is obscured by the angle.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Some Numbers posted:

It looks there were two different pictures taking within seconds of each other; there's two people in the first picture because the third person is obscured by the angle.

You can also see half a departure/arrival screen by Junior's left shoulder in the first picture that you can't in the second.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
ENHANCE

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Is this actually in the rulebook? The ways of the Junior Circuit are obscure to me.

Via the comment section on Deadspin ~ Shohei Ohtani's Starting To Reveal All His Powers

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I believe so. The only way Ohtani can bat for himself is if the Angels forfeit their right to the DH for the whole game.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

I still don’t feel bad about booing Ohtani at Safeco. It was definitely a sour grapes booing.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

The DH is dumb anyway.

Fight me.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"
Yep, that sounds right. The DH rules are weird.

I remember a game between the Mariners and the As a few years ago when the As' catcher got injured and had to leave the game. The As' only other catcher was the DH, so when he moved to catcher, the As forfeited the DH for the entire game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
You either elect to use the DH or you don't. If the pitcher bats, then you're not using the DH per the rules. It's kinda dumb but w/e. Maybe Ohtani will be good enough they can get the rule changed to be more accommodating of two-way players in the next CBA

• Locked thread