Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

haveblue posted:

invalid premise, other brothers cannot deny

heh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

haveblue posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Reince Penis posted:

Cool Toronto simulator
I have never seen so many raccoons so regularly as when I lived in TO

creationist believer
Feb 16, 2007

College Slice

haveblue posted:

pram
Jun 10, 2001
goldmine

muckswirler
Oct 22, 2008

dropping fire in teh pixthred

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe

pram posted:

goldmine

hi pram

pram
Jun 10, 2001
hi

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider

Uptime Sinclair posted:

I had never seen so much garbage strewn about than when I visited TO. In its defense though, I think it was during a garbage strike.

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

Uptime Sinclair posted:

We affectionately call them our trash pandas.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Gimbal lock posted:

I had never seen so much garbage strewn about than when I visited TO. In its defense though, I think it was during a garbage strike.

Scabbing ain't cool.

RISCy Business
Jun 17, 2015

bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork bork
Fun Shoe
how are u pram

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

these new loss edits are getting too esoteric

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Gimbal lock posted:

I left right before ford became mayor and turbofucked everything so it was relatively clean when I was there. depends on the neighborhood of course

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
right before ford became mayor is when the garbage strike was

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

I like how in NYC when a restaurant has $$ next to it means it’s $60-$100/plate instead of $20/plate

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

infernal machines posted:

right June/july 2009 or so. I left a couple months before. all kind of runs together near ya decade later I guess

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

people in canada love to tell a story about A BIG HOLLYWOOD MOVIE that was shooting in toronto and passing it off as new york, but it was too clean, so they had to truck in garbage to spread on the streets to make it convincing!

and then when the filmmakers came back for the second day of shooting, they were shocked to discover that the city street sweepers had cleaned up all the garbage overnight!!!

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

people in canada love to tell a story about A BIG HOLLYWOOD MOVIE that was shooting in toronto and passing it off as new york, but it was too clean, so they had to truck in garbage to spread on the streets to make it convincing!

and then when the filmmakers came back for the second day of shooting, they were shocked to discover that the city street sweepers had cleaned up all the garbage overnight!!!
many people in Canada dislike toronto to varying degrees. if you've heard this story it's 95% likely from a torontonian

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

Uptime Sinclair posted:

many people in Canada dislike toronto to varying degrees. if you've heard this story it's 95% likely from a torontonian

if you hear anything at all in canada there's like a 20% chance it's from a torontonian just by the numbers

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Sagebrush posted:

if you hear anything at all in canada there's like a 20% chance it's from a torontonian just by the numbers
yeah also v. true, particularly if it's in English

George
Nov 27, 2004

No love for your made-up things.

haveblue posted:

this is only the case in radio continuity fyi

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
the letter code for the airport in toronto is yyz

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

prefect posted:

named it after the rush song

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
noted libertarian band rush

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

Uptime Sinclair posted:

named it after the rush song

I always wondered which came first and which was named for the other

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

I love that his dumber less charismatic brother is about to be premier of Ontario.

Electing literal trolls to poo poo on the government to own the libs

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

noted libertarian band rush

they were young and stoned and they got over it :colbert:

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

prefect posted:

well actually, yyz is in mississauga

ytz is the airport in toronto

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

they were young and stoned and they got over it :colbert:

oh i know it's just funny to think about libertarian rush fans

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Reince Penis posted:

I love that his dumber less charismatic brother is about to be premier of Ontario.

Electing literal trolls to poo poo on the government to own the libs

you have to admit, they're getting pretty owned

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

haveblue posted:

I always wondered which came first and which was named for the other
it was yz until the 70s so the question is closer than you'd assume

the song is based around the sound of the letters yyz in Morse code inspired by the sound of the airports vor though so yeah

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

it's neat that yyz was built on a ghost town

but yeah billy Bishop is the real toronto airport. yyz was originally supposed to be the backup airport

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

you have to admit, they're getting pretty owned

"i' m not autistic i'm not autistic", i continue to insist as Doug Ford sends me to live on a farm outside the city

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

DrPossum posted:

This is it. The post I've been yearning for.

unrelated:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQknBJo4aBQ

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

https://twitter.com/trevdon/status/996182490308952064?s=21

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

incredible

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

an excellent actually

• Locked thread