Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Lone Goat posted:

Tuned in late, what happened before this challenge.
more of:
DONATHAN: 7 left, we need to move now
LAUREL: I agree. It's our last chance, we need to. On the other hand...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Kellyn and Donathan were whining about their status the game. Laurel acknowledged that she can't beat Dom or Wendell.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
This is so meta.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Donathan rules but that was too direct lol

Imagine if Laurel finally flips but Seb ties it 4-4 with the extra vote

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Wedenick are in a really tight spot here. I guess they kind of have Seb, and they think they have Laurel but after that little display even that is dicey.

Donathan will come back for a returner season and get voted out immediately. Calling it now.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't know what's sillier. Donathan's bizarre "truth bomb" game strategy or Domenick and Wendell's bizarre openly tag teaming game strategy.

And doesn't Donathan KNOW they have idols?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

That was weird

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011
Lmao Wendall being a big baby

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

lol Wendel what are you doing

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

INB4 Wendall gets voted out after not getting immunity...

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Eh, he knows he's getting into hot water. I'd be surprised not to see an idol tonight.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, bad look by Wendell. Him being angry at himself for loving up and lashing out. At least he didn't drag it out past once Jeff was all "you get you hosed up, right?"

I'd be kind of surprised if we don't see Wendell and Dom both play their idols tonight. They can gamble on guessing the right target and keeping the other idol to stay alive next week, but Donathan spooked them way too much.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

IcePhoenix posted:

That was weird
My thought exactly. Was he just taking one second to look at it and Laurel jumped him in the process, or did he just space out and not think he needed to say anything? Before this I never even thought about this

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fast Luck posted:

My thought exactly. Was he just taking one second to look at it and Laurel jumped him in the process, or did he just space out and not think he needed to say anything? Before this I never even thought about this

Yeah, he just spaced out and screwed up and then was mad, lashed out, and then realized he was mad at himself.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Laurel is so hopeless

e: And yeah I'm glad that Wendell pumped his brakes there

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Laurel is so hopeless

Whether or not Laurel is finally willing to pull the trigger it would make no sense for her to pull a Donathan and just make it obvious to Dom and Wendell. She knows they have idols.

as someone who has defended Laurel's instincts this is definitely the vote where she needs to put up.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, bad look by Wendell. Him being angry at himself for loving up and lashing out. At least he didn't drag it out past once Jeff was all "you get you hosed up, right?"

I'd be kind of surprised if we don't see Wendell and Dom both play their idols tonight. They can gamble on guessing the right target and keeping the other idol to stay alive next week, but Donathan spooked them way too much.

I doubt the edit was accurate. Wendall basically quoted the rules in a way that I can almost guarantee came from a producer.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, he just spaced out and screwed up and then was mad, lashed out, and then realized he was mad at himself.
I don't think he lashed out, he was just like wait I was done first?

Anyway really feeling like a Donathan boot/self-destruct ep

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Fast Luck posted:

I don't think he lashed out, he was just like wait I was done first?

Anyway really feeling like a Donathan boot/self-destruct ep

I mean he didn't freak out but the "I guess I need to yell out" definitely felt like "Why weren't you paying more attention, Jeff? I should have won." Which obviously isn't really Jeff's job if Wendell doesn't say something. And you don't win until you cross the goal line. Which Wendell seemed to eventually get. Whether it happened as quickly as we saw or after some more arguing with producers.

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
I didn't really perceive Wendell's reaction as a lash out. He gained sympathy from Laurel, anyway, and I think that will save him tonight

AWarmBody
Jul 26, 2014

Better than a cold one.
Also tonight's episode is additional proof that the castaways like Laurel and perceive her as a fierce competitor. She must not translate to the screen as well as she does in person

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

AWarmBody posted:

I didn't really perceive Wendell's reaction as a lash out. He gained sympathy from Laurel, anyway, and I think that will save him tonight

laurel's utter stupidity will save him tonight

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

"Lash out" was probably bad word choice. He just kind of played out the whole "Did you screw me? No, I screwed myself." out loud. But he ended up in the right place.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

What the gently caress is Donathan even doing?

#hammockplan

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Donathan's self destruction was such an unexpected and yet unsurprising season plotline.

Still feels like it could be a red herring.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Wtf they're planning a vote split on Kellyn/Donathan? Do they have that much power STILL

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Hahaha! Kellyn couldn't resist boasting she's a "big dog" and people had come to her and made things more screwy!

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

This season is such a steamroll.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Yes Kellyn that's right, you made them vote twice, very good. Bye now!

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

lmao they split the vote to test donathon's loyalty

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Fast Luck posted:

This season is such a steamroll.

I missed a few seasons but is this the biggest cakewalk since Kim? Or was Boston Rob after that?

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
A small thing, but I have noticed that Dom has been gracious and nice to each person voted out as they say goodbyes once the jury began, even Chris. Might end up going a long way later

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Holy crap. Dom and Wendell just spent a F7 episode having people openly scheme against them but they sat on their idols and successfully orchestrated a vote split. What the gently caress?!

I know we're going to get on Laurel for not pulling the trigger, and I absolutely think this was the week. But I'm really don't think that even if she wanted to do it she could have. Besides Donathan's implosion and Kellyn's massive ego who the gently caress knows if Sebastian and Angela were open to it?

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

IcePhoenix posted:

I missed a few seasons but is this the biggest cakewalk since Kim? Or was Boston Rob after that?

Not similar. Neither Kim nor Rob had competition. At least we have two great contenders.

I'd love to have seen this thread when Tom steamrolled Palau.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, Dom and Wendell are dominating this but I still don't like the "cakewalk" kind of labels. They're working hard to do this. Rob and Kim coasted.

And its not over yet. We've seen people dominate and then get taken out right at the end and leave a F3-4 of floaters. That's getting tough to take out both of Dom and Wendell with their idols, but its still possible.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STAC Goat posted:

Holy crap. Dom and Wendell just spent a F7 episode having people openly scheme against them but they sat on their idols and successfully orchestrated a vote split. What the gently caress?!

I know we're going to get on Laurel for not pulling the trigger, and I absolutely think this was the week. But I'm really don't think that even if she wanted to do it she could have. Besides Donathan's implosion and Kellyn's massive ego who the gently caress knows if Sebastian and Angela were open to it?

There seems to have been a total miss on the editors side to show that Sea Bass was 100% with Dom/Wendall. The last couple weeks, it's just kind of came around that those 3 boys are 100% locked tight.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Sebastian wasn't needed to go 4-3 on someone. Yeah though I don't know if Donathan prevented Laurel from flipping with his freak out or if he was going stir crazy because Laurel was never going to flip and he was tired of those 2 guys being in total control. You could definitely tell some of that was kind of a backlash against those guys.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, Dom and Wendell are dominating this but I still don't like the "cakewalk" kind of labels. They're working hard to do this. Rob and Kim coasted.

Kim did not coast. Did you see the stable of buffoons she had to manage? It wasn't like Rob; they didn't quite go gracefully to slaughter. Sabrina got a few votes, didn't she?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

STAC Goat posted:

This is a good point, you can see them hustling pretty much every episode.

Propaganda Machine posted:

Kim did not coast. Did you see the stable of buffoons she had to manage? It wasn't like Rob; they didn't quite go gracefully to slaughter. Sabrina got a few votes, didn't she?

7-2-0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

There seems to have been a total miss on the editors side to show that Sea Bass was 100% with Dom/Wendall. The last couple weeks, it's just kind of came around that those 3 boys are 100% locked tight.

Based on exit interviews it sounds like there are a ton of plotlines that got edited out this season

• Locked thread