Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Manny Legace will be considered an option for Ian Clark's replacement in Columbus, but they're considering other possibilities as well.

Legace's been there for a few years so I'm assuming he worked with Anton Forsberg and Joonas Korpisalo during the Calder Cup year. Forsberg was good in the AHL but has been rear end in the NHL, while Korpi's turned into a solid backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Mike_V posted:

You should know he kicks and also looks like a 28 year old man despite being18

Cut from the rich, earthy Horvat cloth he is

goldrush
Sep 27, 2005

~~~No Worries~~~
If anybody cares at all, Paul Bissonnette's docu-series that he shot a couple years ago called 'Biznasty does B.C.' is finally being released this week. Part 1 went up today:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5vTODCZTmbA

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Mike_V posted:

You should know he kicks and also looks like a 28 year old man despite being18

I'm in Hamilton and been going to most of the playoff games this year, and Thomas is legit. He took the team from good to great.

He's in about a quarter of the plays in this video and it doesn't even have his go ahead backhand wrap around from yesterday, his full lap around everyone in the Kingston zone before putting it in, his two goals in 11 seconds, or the dozens of great passes he's made to teammates who couldn't put it in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cKO_l3qgkOI

Guy's legit.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Lyon has a good thing going, no need to shake things up there. I kinda want to see Forst get some ice time, see what he has to offer

Frost getting a chance to get in would be fun but the tough thing is when you're deep in the playoffs there's really no such thing as an easy game or garbage time that you can drop him in to get some on-ice experience, barring any more injuries

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/krosarion/status/877937143326294016?s=19

I get that there isn't really a good way to answer that publicly but jeeeeesus

hifi
Jul 25, 2012

yotes looking at 8x8 for oel which feels pretty much like fair value with the benefit that it only takes him to age 35 instead of 40

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME

hifi posted:

yotes looking at 8x8 for oel which feels pretty much like fair value with the benefit that it only takes him to age 35 instead of 40

not like they could give him a longer contract

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

MLB isn't expanding any time soon, at least not until both Tampa Bay and Oakland fix their stadium issues.

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin

Darude - Adam Sandstorm posted:

MLB isn't expanding any time soon, at least not until both Tampa Bay and Oakland fix their stadium issues.

You don't fix the aquarium. If anything that need to expand it into under the pitchers mound too.

Kilza
Oct 4, 2013

https://twitter.com/dellowhockey/status/996808838459338754

I can't believe we already get to know Chiarelli's bad move of the summer so early! And boy oh boy, it's a really bad one!

Levitate
Sep 30, 2005

randy newman voice

YOU'VE GOT A LAFRENIÈRE IN ME
lmao oilers

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

Imagine getting to negotiate with a guy who overpays for everything he wants to acquire.

Stiev Awt
Mar 20, 2007

trading defence to acquire defence is the new trading top line scoring for defence.

Brodeurs Nanny
Nov 2, 2006

Klefbom+10 for Ristolainen would truly be the expected moronic Oilers trade. Good lord.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Isn't Klefbom the better defender by a wide margin, with Risto being the better puck mover?

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Isn't Klefbom the better defender by a wide margin, with Risto being the better puck mover?

Yes but you see Klefbom had a bad season last year so he's clearly unsalvageable.

Stiev Awt posted:

trading defence to acquire defence is the new trading top line scoring for defence.

Outside of McDavid and maybe Draisaitl the Oilers don't have any top-line scoring left.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
klefbon for rasmus straight up would be a dumb move that is at best a lateral move, pet alone throw in a 10th overall pick for it. not even mentioning that klefbom is locked into a very team friendly 4.16 million and rasmus is at 5.4 million

so of course peter will do it because he has no idea how to manage assets or cap

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
How long until McDavid gets traded to a team for spare parts?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

AsInHowe posted:

How long until McDavid gets traded to a team for spare parts?

When his NTC expires.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain

iospace posted:

When his NTC expires.

rfa years cant be covered by a ntc/nmc so technically speaking mcdavid doesnt have one until july 1st 2022

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

fits posted:

rfa years cant be covered by a ntc/nmc so technically speaking mcdavid doesnt have one until july 1st 2022

I wonder if he's called up the NHLPA to see if he can rip up his contract yet ala Luongo in 2012?

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

ThinkTank posted:

I wonder if he's called up the NHLPA to see if he can rip up his contract yet ala Luongo in 2012?

Didn't the whole Carter to Columbus debacle make NTCs kick in immediately if there's one in an extension, or was he set to be a UFA when he signed his current contract?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Schremp Howard posted:

Didn't the whole Carter to Columbus debacle make NTCs kick in immediately if there's one in an extension, or was he set to be a UFA when he signed his current contract?

The Rangers just did this with Stepan last year. Traded him before his NTC kicked in.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Schremp Howard posted:

You can't attach an NTC or NMC to RFA years. They can only cover the ufa years of a player's career. However, you can agree to a contract where an NTC takes effect once a player is eligible for it. So McDavid's no trade will be in effect the moment he reaches UFA age, but not before.

Trading players before their previously agreed NTC takes effect is very common. The Habs did that to Subban as his was only a week or so from going into force when they moved him.

Additionally, once a player waives their NTC it is forever invalidated unless their new team agrees to honour if. Technically the Habs can trade Shea Weber without any restrictions right now as he negated his NTC by accepting a trade to Montreal.

Technetium
Oct 26, 2006

TRILOBITE TECHNICIAN
QUITE POSSIBLY GAY

The Leafs signed all those players they were rumoured to sign

https://twitter.com/LeafsPR/status/997159936822951936

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Schremp Howard posted:

I think so? But one loophole still exists. It happened to Subban when he was traded, and based on ages it looks to be what happened to Stepan too.

Subban signed his contract 4 years ago, but was only eligible for an NTC starting 16-17 because only players who meet the UFA requirements are allowed to have an NTC. His Habs contract did have NTCs starting then.

But since Subban was traded in June of 2016, that was before his 16-17 contract year began and so before he could be NTC eligible.

Then Nashville also chose not to honor the NTC agreement, so he has none now. Generalfanager says Stepan still has his, so Arizona may have chosen to let him keep it, or GF could just be wrong.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

ThinkTank posted:

Technically the Habs can trade Shea Weber without any restrictions right now as he negated his NTC by accepting a trade to Montreal.

Lol, good luck with that. Only a complete moron of a gm would take in that anchor of a contract.

Lol

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/PFL_BSommermann/status/997207670003322880

ouch

stab
Feb 12, 2003

To you from failing hands we throw the torch, be yours to hold it high

JoelJoel posted:

Lol, good luck with that. Only a complete moron of a gm would take in that anchor of a contract.

Lol

I had a irl dream of him being traded to dallas for that finnish superkid they have (Heiskanen?)

then i woke up and was sad

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

stab posted:

I had a irl dream of him being traded to dallas for that finnish superkid they have (Heiskanen?)

then i woke up and was sad

Nill isn't an idiot. Well, not a complete idiot. Well not...

gently caress you.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

That's a bad break for that guy. I'm not sure if he would have cracked the Flyers lineup long term, but with this its quite possible he's going to miss most of his chances to.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
taylor hall reflects:

https://twitter.com/hallsy09/status/997219431410384896

Zodijackylite
Oct 18, 2005

hello bonjour, en francais we call the bread man l'homme de pain, because pain means bread and we're going to see a lot of pain this year and every nyrfan is looking forward to it and hey tony, can you wait until after my postgame interview to get on your phone? i thought you quit twitter...

ThinkTank posted:

Additionally, once a player waives their NTC it is forever invalidated unless their new team agrees to honour if. Technically the Habs can trade Shea Weber without any restrictions right now as he negated his NTC by accepting a trade to Montreal.

Shea Weber never had a NTC.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Yeah he signed an offer sheet.

ThinkTank
Oct 23, 2007

Zodijackylite posted:

Shea Weber never had a NTC.

You are correct. I could've sworn I read about how he'd waived his NTC to go to the Habs, but I guess I dreamed that. Still, I mean really that contract is an NTC in and of itself.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

Technetium posted:

The Leafs signed all those players they were rumoured to sign

https://twitter.com/LeafsPR/status/997159936822951936

The Kyle Dubas era is a good era

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

It's amazing how Hall went from uninteresting, dumb scoreboi to funny cool man almost the second he got to New Jersey.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I blame McDavid

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vargatron
Apr 19, 2008

MRAZZLE DAZZLE

Man just wants to drive his boat.

• Locked thread