Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

That's lovely. I feel lucky that I've never seen a hacker, at least an obvious one like that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

Ween posted:

After playing this game I see why gamers in general became alt-right, as well as why trump got elected.

After reading somethingawful games forum I see why it deserves every shitpost as well as why it is dead and gay.

hagie
Apr 6, 2004

All sensitivity has long ago atrophied
How often do they do these events?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
They'll be another new one later this month, Onslaught. Date is TBA.

June gives us patch 1.8.1, which has two more legendary missions and 'shields.' Shields are an achievement system that will unlock poo poo in Division 2. This is why I think Division 2 is closer than we think and we may get it this year. They're also repeating the Outbreak GE in June.

July: Assault GE

August: Strike GE

September: Ambush GE.

That's as far as the roadmap goes, so no idea if Blackout or Onslaught will be repeated. It's also another reason I think we'll see D2 this year.

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Me and my friend came back to the game a couple weeks ago after being away since like version 1.2 and we both were able to get a set of 6-piece strikers, which is really awesome and the game is fun again... Can we duo legendary missions? We tried Armhurst apartments and died right at the start. Do we just need practice or are they not meant for duos?

Any tips for running them?

Also bumping the division discord - https://discord.gg/ct7WUwr

Danith fucked around with this message at 19:45 on May 7, 2018

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
The enemy AI in legendary missions takes some getting used to, but once you do they aren't bad. One of you should run with a flashbang or flame turret to help CC enemies, especially the shotgunners as they are loving vicious if they get the drop on you.

Two people is fine for most missions. It actually can make missions easier as the enemies take less damage than if you had a 4 man group. You have some one bail your rear end out if you screw something out. Someone is there to draw fire or otherwise distract enemies.

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

Not necessarily applicable but I was reminded of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Danith posted:

Me and my friend came back to the game a couple weeks ago after being away since like version 1.2 and we both were able to get a set of 6-piece strikers, which is really awesome and the game is fun again... Can we duo legendary missions? We tried Armhurst apartments and died right at the start. Do we just need practice or are they not meant for duos?

Any tips for running them?

Also bumping the division discord - https://discord.gg/ct7WUwr

The start of Amherst is easily the hardest part. I solo it by not entering the courtyard at all and just hiding behind the side of the main gate though I don't know if there's room for 2. Note that you don't want to stick to cover if its high cover, just strafe in and out or edge around corners until you can just see the enemy you want to shoot. If you have a height advantage on NPCs you don't want to take cover at the edge either, just slowly move forward to peek over the edge. Do NOT advance into any area until its mostly cleared out and the last couple of guys aren't coming out and even then make sure you can get back to some good cover because Legendaries love to spawn a bunch of shotgunners, sometimes even behind you - this happens in basically every area except the final fight in Amherst. Basically just take it slow and try to make sure you're exposing yourself to as few enemies as possible at any given time.

Edit: And this basically applies to all the Legendary missions. I'm sure there's someone out there who can rock them solo much quicker and better than I can but being a coward works too.

Kibayasu fucked around with this message at 20:35 on May 7, 2018

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I just climbed up the crashed truck next to the entrance and shoot down from the second story at the start of Amherst and it seemed to work really well. My damage as a frontline build is bad so the special dude at the end who drops the exotic is especially bulley-spongy- I mean he can't hurt me, but still.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Why is everyone's name so weird looking in this

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

SlimGoodbody posted:

Why is everyone's name so weird looking in this

poo poo heads like to have confusing names that are difficult to report

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)
And to also prevent people from focusing the guy down who has the name 'ShootMe-ImTheHealer'.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

poo poo heads like to have confusing names that are difficult to report

Don't know on console but on PC isn't even hard to report these names as you just select them from the recent player list on uplay. On PS4 should be easy too but as names are tied to PSN, i don't see as much weird ones as on PC.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
The gold version of this is $32 on PSN right now. Does the season pass add a good amount of content that 1. can be played solo and 2. is not just deathmatch? I only just started playing and I'm at level 23, once you hit 30 is it just a grind for better gear?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

ElwoodCuse posted:

The gold version of this is $32 on PSN right now. Does the season pass add a good amount of content that 1. can be played solo and 2. is not just deathmatch? I only just started playing and I'm at level 23, once you hit 30 is it just a grind for better gear?

Underground can be pretty much done fully solo save for the commendations that require groups. Survival is always with others and even in the PvE mode, you're 'competing' for resources. Don't think you can ever play that one alone, technically. That aside Last Stand is the only direct PvP one.

ImpactVector
Feb 24, 2007

HAHAHAHA FOOLS!!
I AM SO SMART!

Uh oh. What did he do now?

Nap Ghost
Survival is super fun. If you're enjoying the basic gameplay definitely get it. Just expect to devote about an hour to it at a sitting unless/until you get really good at it and start speedrunning it. It's essentially the game's Battle Royal mode, created before BRs were cool.

Underground gives you a different way to get gear to mix things up a bit, so it's definitely nice to have. It's basically D3's Rifts.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

ElwoodCuse posted:

Once you hit 30 it basically is just a search for better gear (and PVP but I assume you aren't interested in that) but through more challenging and varied missions.

Underground and Survival can both be played solo. UG is basically short dungeons of player-set difficulty/modifiers to play through you can start whenever. Survival is a battle royale mode (with a timer and "cold" mechanic instead of a ever-shrinking play area) that you queue for - I can't say for sure that a game will start if only 1 person is in the queue but I've had games start when there were only 3 or 4 people in it so maybe? Last Stand is a PVP Domination mode. No one really plays it any more and unlike Survival a game won't start unless there's 2 teams of 8 people so it's not good chances. Owning Last Stand gets you access to an incursion though.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Kibayasu posted:

I can't say for sure that a game will start if only 1 person is in the queue but I've had games start when there were only 3 or 4 people in it so maybe?

I'm pretty confident there's a timer function which just throws you in a game after ~5 minutes no matter how many matching players it finds, be that 0 or 23

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

I hit 30 a few days ago and am now at World Tier 5, but had a question about high level blueprints. Namely, where do I get them and how do I know which ones are actually useful?

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Gilg posted:

I hit 30 a few days ago and am now at World Tier 5, but had a question about high level blueprints. Namely, where do I get them and how do I know which ones are actually useful?

The blueprint vendor in the Terminal resets every Friday along with all the other vendors. He is in the back left booth on the way towards the underground. Be aware of the gear score of the blueprints because just like world tiers each blueprint has a corresponding gear score. You cannot optimize a GS 220 item past its world tier range. For example you can craft an ACR with a GS of 230 but it will cap out at 255ish because going to 256 would be the bottom of world tier 5 gear scores.

The most sought after blueprints will be weapons and obvious ones (to the majority of us anyway) like the Lightweight M4, Navy MP5 N, and MG5. There are blueprints for armor pieces that favor particular main stats like 'Stamina Vest' or 'Electronics Mask' but these blueprints are not essential unless you're running a high-end/exotic build. Most people are using classified sets at this point.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

Rick_Hunter posted:

The blueprint vendor in the Terminal resets every Friday along with all the other vendors. He is in the back left booth on the way towards the underground. Be aware of the gear score of the blueprints because just like world tiers each blueprint has a corresponding gear score. You cannot optimize a GS 220 item past its world tier range. For example you can craft an ACR with a GS of 230 but it will cap out at 255ish because going to 256 would be the bottom of world tier 5 gear scores.

The most sought after blueprints will be weapons and obvious ones (to the majority of us anyway) like the Lightweight M4, Navy MP5 N, and MG5. There are blueprints for armor pieces that favor particular main stats like 'Stamina Vest' or 'Electronics Mask' but these blueprints are not essential unless you're running a high-end/exotic build. Most people are using classified sets at this point.
Thanks, somehow I missed that vendor! Man, I have barely any Phoenix Credits, but I guess that's part of the grind.

MREBoy
Mar 14, 2005

MREs - They're whats for breakfast, lunch AND dinner !
Reminder: There is a second BP vendor in the West Side Piers safehouse who has a wholly separate inventory of his own.

As to what to get, I personally buy any of the weapon mod BPs that appear at max level. Being able to craft all your own weapon mods is more convenient than having to rely on the weekly RNG resets having what you want and with the stats you want. It helps that these BPs are pretty cheap (300 birdcoins IIRC ? I have so many of them I rarely see any in the vendor list). Speaking of the list, the system is wierd in that anything you have already just not appear in the list at all.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Curious if anyone here was into the whole Rogue 29 Club thing.

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionTDT

It was started by those guys. Basically you level a character to 29, then go into the DZ and stay there forever. No more Striker/Pred/Nomad, just "pure" PVP. It's catching on and I think I'm going to do it with my 4th character on PS4.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Sounds interesting, a non-troll version of level 14 rogue-ing. I doubt I'd enjoy PVP that much regardless but I would agree that the amount of powerful stuff at level 30 broke it even more. I've still got a level 14 character I don't do anything with so maybe that'll be something to see, if it exists on PC.

Vakal
May 11, 2008

Roman posted:

Curious if anyone here was into the whole Rogue 29 Club thing.

https://twitter.com/TheDivisionTDT

It was started by those guys. Basically you level a character to 29, then go into the DZ and stay there forever. No more Striker/Pred/Nomad, just "pure" PVP. It's catching on and I think I'm going to do it with my 4th character on PS4.

Reminds me of the old dueling league for Diablo 2 called "76 Legit" since character level 77 was the minimum level where the horribly broken hacked items that plagued B.net could be equipped.

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Is there a list of the cosmetics you get from the season pass?

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene

Vakal posted:

Reminds me of the old dueling league for Diablo 2 called "76 Legit" since character level 77 was the minimum level where the horribly broken hacked items that plagued B.net could be equipped.

And that reminds me of a dueling league I am in called 7.6" Legit

Pozload Escobar fucked around with this message at 22:12 on May 10, 2018

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Bob NewSCART posted:

Is there a list of the cosmetics you get from the season pass?

According to Steam the only cosmetic thing I own is https://store.steampowered.com/app/456280/Tom_Clancys_The_Division__Frontline_Outfits_Pack/ this one. I have only bought the season pass so presumably this is the only one you get with it.

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

So I've had this since launch and I've got a shitload of gear in my stash from playing off and on over the years, is there anything in particular I should be keeping? I tend to horde everything if its yellow or green but I really have no idea what's good.

It's all gold weapons 260-285, set gear 260-275 and gold level 30 weapon mods. I'd take some screenshots but since you can only put 5 loving things on the screen at once I'm not doing that.

EDIT: Never mind, I found this guide on reddit and it showed me the path

Shredder fucked around with this message at 18:30 on May 11, 2018

Anthony Chuzzlewit
Oct 26, 2008

good for healthy

Quit exiting Survival before I can get there to revive you :(

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Han Nehi posted:

Quit exiting Survival before I can get there to revive you :(

Your own revives count for the commendation. Hope that they exit so you can loot their corpses because that's the difficult one.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

I have no idea if it ever helped but if you’re on PC I typed into the local chats/DZ that I’d revive people when I was going for that commendation.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
do people not automatically mute local chats? like that gets used? I figured everyone muted those.

Rick_Hunter posted:

Your own revives count for the commendation. Hope that they exit so you can loot their corpses because that's the difficult one.

yeah, Vulture is tough unless you deliberately stay outside the DZ in a populated Survival to scoop up all the badplayer corpses but then you're out there for like an hour wandering around waiting for some guy who thinks a green 870 means he can facetank a yellow LMB heavy after meticulously looting the entire upper left corner of the map of every green fabric and tool drop.

I've never been able to have the patience for it. My entire thing in Survival is speed into the DZ, it's really hard to not do that. I dunno, does PVP survival count if you kill someone and take their stuff? Might be farmable that way if you've got a buddy. just boring while you wait out the queue timer.

Psion fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 16, 2018

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

Psion posted:

do people not automatically mute local chats? like that gets used? I figured everyone muted those.

yeah, Vulture is tough unless you deliberately stay outside the DZ in a populated Survival to scoop up all the badplayer corpses but then you're out there for like an hour wandering around waiting for some guy who thinks a green 870 means he can facetank a yellow LMB heavy after meticulously looting the entire upper left corner of the map of every green fabric and tool drop.

I've never been able to have the patience for it. My entire thing in Survival is speed into the DZ, it's really hard to not do that. I dunno, does PVP survival count if you kill someone and take their stuff? Might be farmable that way if you've got a buddy. just boring while you wait out the queue timer.

I've got the same problem and I can only linger for so long before I get the urge like a salmon to head into the DZ to spawn and die loot all the div tech and farm survival caches for no reason whatsoever. My limit is usually until I see that someone else has entered the DZ and then I have to go there. Looting bodies for The Vulture was never anything I went into a game looking for, just an occasional thing. Still, you can get games where people are making a beeline to corpse locations and getting murdered. Then you kind of have to make the effort to get in there because 4 people dying at an extract one after the other means 4 ticks on the progress bar.

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Looks like the next GE might start this Friday? (He's an Ubi DM, and his next tweet says "I guess we’ll see... On Friday.")

Also there will be a short SotG today

https://twitter.com/mattshotcha/status/996961125936844800

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Maybe he is prepping a build for a gameplay trailer of Division 2? A goon can dream...

Roman
Aug 8, 2002

Onslaught starts Monday 5/21. for 1 week

Roman posted:

Onslaught - Always active; Deal Burn, Bleed, and Gas effects to enemies in addition to normal damage. Reload to change the effect.
Savage Onslaught - Onslaught behavior, enemies are vulnerable to one effect type and resistant to others. Agents take increased damage from resistant enemies.
Brutal Onslaught - Savage Onslaught behavior, plus when two or more group members kill a vulnerable enemy within two seconds, each member can reload to gain a damage bonus for a single clip.
Sets are Firecrest, Pred Mark, Lone Star, Reclaimer

Masks are "Ember, Smiler & Oni"

Roman fucked around with this message at 16:10 on May 17, 2018

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

Hopper posted:

Maybe he is prepping a build for a gameplay trailer of Division 2? A goon can dream...

I'm over here hoping for Seattle.

Fits the story bill, we learn through the Division 1 that the entire East Coast has fallen, including DC. Most of the Midwest is in the process of falling. But the West Coast is fine, the quarantine worked.

If you had a new worse version of the virus, you ain't dropping it in Ground Zero p2. You going to where the first virus didn't work. And you ain't dropping it in Montana or Idaho.

So it should be Seattle, San Fran, or LA I imagine.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
I don't care about the fluff, if you don't live in new York city your hometown sucks for video games on foot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Zigmidge posted:

I don't care about the fluff, if you don't live in new York city your hometown sucks for video games on foot.

I'd be ok with DC or Chicago. I'd also be cool with going abroad too another country