Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Will it be a sexy young Alfred show?

I'm really looking forward to the series finale where Alfred accompanies Thomas Wayne to the jewelry store to buy the pearls. Last scene is Alfred receiving a phone call from Sergeant James Gordon.

"They're gone."

FADE TO BAT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Will we see the mythical Burmese Tangerine Ruby

https://mobile.twitter.com/MurphyBrownCBS/status/996875088803782656

Looks like it's gonna be straight up and explicitly anti Trump.

I hope it's just because it’s promo writing but that trailer or whatever you'd call it is not funny at all

zoux fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 17, 2018

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

zoux posted:

[...] but that trailer or whatever you'd call it is not funny at all

So it's the left-wing response to Roseanne.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I've literally never seen a second of Murphy Brown anywhere. No reruns and not on streaming. I'm not sure if it has a built-in audience anymore.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know
I thought her now grown son was going to have a competing show on whatever their universe's version of Fox News is.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Mu Zeta posted:

I've literally never seen a second of Murphy Brown anywhere. No reruns and not on streaming. I'm not sure if it has a built-in audience anymore.

It was incredibly politically topical, I can't imagine it holds up at all.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Yeah the biggest most controversial thing they did that even got the irl VP to bitch about it was....she had a child out of wedlock. Doesn’t really shock the modern sensibilities

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
Murphy is going to be hosting a show called Murphy in the Morning. Her competition is her son who hosts conservative morning news show on another network.

http://ew.com/tv/2018/05/16/murphy-brown-reboot/

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

zoux posted:

Yeah the biggest most controversial thing they did that even got the irl VP to bitch about it was....she had a child out of wedlock. Doesn’t really shock the modern sensibilities

What was with politicians taking swings at tv back then? Like I remember even at a young age being like "why do these guys care so much about the Simpsons and Murphy Brown"

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

swickles posted:

What was with politicians taking swings at tv back then? Like I remember even at a young age being like "why do these guys care so much about the Simpsons and Murphy Brown"

Because you were a kid probably?
I mean, I think kids these days see politicians going after video games or something and say "why do they care so much about xyz".

It could also be a far reaching audience thing. Kids are impressionable, and if they watch these shows, they may take those lessons to heart. Murphy Brown did cause single motherhood rates to spike after all

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
they were mad that FOX cancelled Mr. President so quickly

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
After two whole seasons we finally get some answers on Colony today.

So totally down.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

Postal Parcel posted:

Because you were a kid probably?
I mean, I think kids these days see politicians going after video games or something and say "why do they care so much about xyz".

It could also be a far reaching audience thing. Kids are impressionable, and if they watch these shows, they may take those lessons to heart. Murphy Brown did cause single motherhood rates to spike after all

Maybe this is ignorance, but its still equally as crazy to me as an adult. You don't hear Mike Pence talking poo poo out Will and Grace or even objectively bad people on TV or in movies. It would be like if Pence came out saying we need to deal with the problems of Thanos and the likes of Walter White.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

esperterra posted:

oh Joan of Arcadia

the ending always makes me lol when I think about it

I’m still mad.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

This looks so absurdly bad. Holy poo poo. Like a focus grouped Wonderfalls with forced social media and religious poo poo.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
The reboot I am interested in is Cagney and Lacey but I expect it'll just be Rizzoli and Isles.

I guess "female detectives who are actually competent at detecting and not Charlie's Angels eye candy" is less groundbreaking today than it was in 1983.

Progress?

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Rhyno posted:

I dunno, if it's his BTAS incarnation where he's a fuckin super spy I'd be down.

So it's going to be about this super spy badass who because of his social caste is doomed to become the house keeper of this crazy trust fund kid who dresses up as a bat and beats up the poor. Really appropriate for our time.

Mu Zeta posted:

From what I heard the main reason for that was the fact that each intro having a different Motown song made it a licensing nightmare.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
People from Ghosted are doing other shows so I guess it’s fully dead

https://twitter.com/happytogether/status/996740578887974912?s=21

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

AceOfFlames posted:

So it's going to be about this super spy badass who because of his social caste is doomed to become the house keeper of this crazy trust fund kid who dresses up as a bat and beats up the poor. Really appropriate for our time.

From what I heard the main reason for that was the fact that each intro having a different Motown song made it a licensing nightmare.

Maybe but they remove songs from Supernatural due to licensing.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Rocksicles posted:

After two whole seasons we finally get some answers on Colony today.

So totally down.

After 5 seasons of The Blacklist we finally got answers too!

Apparently Reddington as play by Spader isn't the real Raymond Reddington but an imposter!The real Reddington's bones were in the duffle bag the whole time. Keene finally has learned this and will take "Red" down. And the real Reddington is Keen's father

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is Spader still bald in The Blacklist

Norwegian Rudo
May 9, 2013

Rhyno posted:

Her sister is named Honeysuckle.

Her middle name is Annunziata...

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I’m still mad.

How did Joan of Arcadia end

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

iZombie, Jane the Virgin, Crazy Ex-Girlfriend confirmed for final seasons http://deadline.com/2018/05/jane-the-virgin-crazy-ex-girlfriend-i-zombie-end-upcoming-seasons-canceled-the-cw-1202392949/

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

How was this season of CXG overall? I sort of bailed when it got a bit tough to watch early on.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.

Digital Jedi posted:

After 5 seasons of The Blacklist we finally got answers too!

Apparently Reddington as play by Spader isn't the real Raymond Reddington but an imposter!The real Reddington's bones were in the duffle bag the whole time. Keene finally has learned this and will take "Red" down. And the real Reddington is Keen's father

The show was pretty fun when it was James Spader vs The Illuminati. Now it's all Keen family bullshit all the time.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

IRQ posted:

How was this season of CXG overall? I sort of bailed when it got a bit tough to watch early on.

Real good.

They said early on the plan was for four seasons so I’m glad they’re getting that.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

zoux posted:

How did Joan of Arcadia end

Wentworth Miller turned up as the (literal) Devil's Advocate, or something, suggesting that poo poo was about to get serious. Then boom! cancellation!

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Lol CBS admits the way they killed off the wife in Kevin Can Wait was a big part of the show's decline in ratings.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

If they want a new Batman spinoff they should reboot Birds of Prey. It's a solid premise and they'll get plenty of clickbait for having a woman focused show when the Diversity in Comics dinguses are still a thing.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

:lol: that's so bad. Why do Christian themed programs have to be so aggressively bad?

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Guy Mann posted:

If they want a new Batman spinoff they should reboot Birds of Prey. It's a solid premise and they'll get plenty of clickbait for having a woman focused show when the Diversity in Comics dinguses are still a thing.

Another classic Guy Mann hot take

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

He's right, that show still lingers in my mind. Keeps running through my head, running through my head.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

Iron Crowned posted:

:lol: that's so bad. Why do Christian themed programs have to be so aggressively bad?

I don't entirely mean this to be as trite as it sounds, but you've answered your own question.

BrandonGK
May 6, 2005

Throw it out the airlock.
Aren't they also doing a Lois Lane and Lex Luthor team up to fight crime show?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

CW announced awhile ago that they were expanding programming to Sunday night and it's now announced that 'Supergirl' will be anchoring that new night.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Escobarbarian posted:

It's Guy Mann so you can never tell, but 'Diversity & Comics' is actually an anti diversity in comics thing and they are indeed dinguses.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
ahhhhh right if that’s what he was talking about then yeah I misconstrued

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Iron Crowned posted:

Because they have a built in audience who will show up simply for it being Christian themed and as such they try as little as possible to extract the maximum amount of money from the audience.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 14:13 on May 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

esperterra posted:

oh Joan of Arcadia

the ending always makes me lol when I think about it

How'd it end?

e: lol nice

Shageletic fucked around with this message at 18:15 on May 17, 2018