Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

DariusLikewise posted:

They should have kept Indie Games and Xbox Arcade and just let game pass let you play all those games.

Yeah it's bullshit that never bothered to bring XBLIG forward.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

Finster Dexter posted:

But that would require deals with indie devs.

They could have easily done like a broad "every time someone plays your game for the first time in a day you get 3 cents" or something similar to a Spotify-like agreement

Finster Dexter
Oct 20, 2014

Beyond is Finster's mad vision of Earth transformed.
lmao none of that would've worked because of the parity clause.

Ryoga
Sep 10, 2003
Eternally Lost

Barudak posted:

They tend to be on the service for about a year, i think the MGS games were an exception. Its super weird they reveal whats leaving long before they say whats new each month because thats like the stupidest way to handle service PR but Im not microsoft.

I'm pretty sure they let you know what titles are leaving since if you enjoyed the game while it was available you can purchase it for keeps at a lower price.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ryoga posted:

I'm pretty sure they let you know what titles are leaving since if you enjoyed the game while it was available you can purchase it for keeps at a lower price.

Or in my case play 2 hours of it before it disappears so you can say "eh i didnt want this anyway"

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

State of Decay 2 reviews are out and it's getting predictably ravaged. 69 on metacritic right now. Apparently co-op is basically unplayable.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

State of Decay 2 reviews are out and it's getting predictably ravaged. 69 on metacritic right now. Apparently co-op is basically unplayable.

Even the SP sounds hilarious broken right now. Eurogamer mentions the UI just disappearing and npcs clipping through walls and the ground.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Zombies spawn 40 ft in the air with minimal draw distance

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

CitizenKain posted:

Even the SP sounds hilarious broken right now. Eurogamer mentions the UI just disappearing and npcs clipping through walls and the ground.

It occasionally rains zombies.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Wtf were they doing for like 6 years?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

Wtf were they doing for like 6 years?

Remaking the same game with bad netcode

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Cool review quote ive never seen before

"it’s so easy to get lodged in the world’s geometry that there’s actually a button in the menu to reset your character’s position and dislodge yourself."

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Real hurthling! posted:

Cool review quote ive never seen before

"it’s so easy to get lodged in the world’s geometry that there’s actually a button in the menu to reset your character’s position and dislodge yourself."

holy poo poo lol

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

thats a feature straight out of an early 2000s mmo

spudsbuckley
Aug 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

(and can't post for 5 years!)

/fixme

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Is live being weird for anyone rn? The website says its all up but my console is having big problems staying signed in and looking at/downloading store items

ixnay
Jun 11, 2002

rainbow dash why are you making such a cool face?!
There's an Xbox stream right now and they just announced a brand new Halo game!

It's a Dave & Busters exclusive on-rail shooter arcade cabinet

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

ixnay posted:

Its probably just that halo vr experience repackaged

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

ixnay posted:

Oh my loving god Microsoft

Barudak
May 7, 2007

ixnay posted:

Before I poo poo all over this Id like to mention that Luigis Mansion has an on-rail arcade shooter that while not perfect is surprisingly fun.

This will be poo poo

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

super lucky tail on gamepass is like zero fun. worse than knack probably

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

AGC guy loved SOD 2. Honestly after watching his long rear end review I still think it looks really fun and I remain hype.

Also people saying that it doesn't look like an improvement over the first one forgot how bad the first one looks.

Fanatic
Mar 9, 2006

:eyepop:
I've been playing through my backlog and just finished Far Cry 4 (XB1 port). Even though it seemed a little dated, the gameplay was a real blast and the different endings, foreshadowing and twists in the story were interesting.

The weapon progression kept things fresh to. I went from being stealthy with a bow & arrow to blowing everything up with a loadout of rocket & grenade launchers, Buzzsaw machine-gun and silenced sniper rifle. :hellyeah:

Real hurthling! posted:

Is live being weird for anyone rn? The website says its all up but my console is having big problems staying signed in and looking at/downloading store items

There's an Xbox Live Free Play Days for All event going on right now until 17th May where multiplayer is open for everyone, so it could be that.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Real hurthling! posted:

super lucky tail on gamepass is like zero fun. worse than knack probably

I beat it 100% and the most positive thing I can say about it is “this would have been a serviceable liscensed platformer in 1997”

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Maybe you all can help me, I broke out my xbox for the first time in like a year and I have had a hell of a time getting my controllers to connect and stay connected. They will randomly just disconnect and take a while to reconnect. Getting them closer to the console seems to help but I only sit like two meters away maximum.

Fresh batteries, updated firmware, tried resynching, tries restarting, does not seem to help. Its maddening

It seems to happen way more often when I have a headset plugged in through the stereo adaptor, but I'm not using any third party stuff to do that. Official Xbox adapter, official xbox headset.

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 20:45 on May 18, 2018

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Plugging in the controller to the console via USB momentarily always fixes connectivity issues for me, worth a shot.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Nuts and Gum posted:

Plugging in the controller to the console via USB momentarily always fixes connectivity issues for me, worth a shot.

That didn't work either. I'm thinking my Xbone might just be dying, sadly.

Debating whether I should upgrade to the better one. I like my PS4 pro but the UI is janky as poo poo and I play a ton of PC so the idea of being able to switch is awesome.

Really my only hold back is the playerbase being a lot smaller afaik

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 22:25 on May 18, 2018

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

The xbox ui is hot trash ver.5

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

its definitely a good idea to buy a more expensive version of a console you havent touched in a year

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

^^^ Thinking for the future of course

Real hurthling! posted:

The xbox ui is hot trash ver.5

Luv 2 spend three minutes watching the console cry as it tries to open up anything in the menu on PS4 dashboard

CuddleCryptid fucked around with this message at 22:36 on May 18, 2018

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
Just buy an elite controller :D

I have a PS4 Pro now and a XB1 X. I think the PS UI is more reliably smooth, but it's much easier to do just about everything in the xbox UI. It seems you can't even pin HBO Go or Netflix to your main bar on the PS, instead you can only create folders. Seems a bit backwards but WHAT DO I KNOW

Empress Brosephine
Mar 31, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I bought the duke controller it owns

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
Xbox One UI owns, the only system where the PS XMB design works at all is the PSP

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

So what's the deal with SOD 2? I have to buy the expensive version if I want to play it this weekend? Lame. Is it on Game pass yet?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

veni veni veni posted:

So what's the deal with SOD 2? I have to buy the expensive version if I want to play it this weekend? Lame. Is it on Game pass yet?

gamepass on tuesday they want to get idiots money first

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

DreamShipWrecked posted:

That didn't work either. I'm thinking my Xbone might just be dying, sadly.

Debating whether I should upgrade to the better one. I like my PS4 pro but the UI is janky as poo poo and I play a ton of PC so the idea of being able to switch is awesome.

Really my only hold back is the playerbase being a lot smaller afaik

If you already have a 4k display and play alot of 360 games or have a nostalgia itch for some uprezzed of Xbox games it's an amazing machine. I love mine. It improves the whole xbox dashboard etc it just feels much snappier. Games load faster and look great with rarely any frame drops etc. For multiplatform games with the exception of Japanese games (low effort devs) the games on X are the best version.
Despite what some people in this thread go on about there is plenty if good games to play on Xbox even if not necessarily an Xbox console exclusive.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

He owns an xbox already its called pc

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

fishmech posted:

Xbox One UI owns, the only system where the PS XMB design works at all is the PSP

100% wrong, the Xbox UI is really terrible. Everything is badly laid out, simple things are needlessly complex. I just want to take some screenshots.

Sony got it very much right with the PS4.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Luv 2 spend three minutes watching the console cry as it tries to open up anything in the menu on PS4 dashboard

Just lol if you don't have an SSD in your console.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 13:57 on May 19, 2018

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
the xbox one is so bad it breaks anything it touches

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Discord is a great app but their service is down almost as much as my profile is logged out of xbl kicking me out of my game to titlescreen