Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

Bumblefuck! posted:

There are videos of him running away from at least two different news crews. It's amazing

https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/status/997188573458784261

https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576?lang=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

This is gone, what was it?

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
We need to just make it a rule that if you're gonna post Twitter, you need to also post a screenshot because of how fast idiots end up deleting their tweets and/or get banned.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin
Agreed.

https://i.imgur.com/9we87Kz.mp4

Sarcopenia
May 14, 2014

Bumblefuck! posted:

There are videos of him running away from at least two different news crews. It's amazing

So that's what Nedry should have done.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://twitter.com/ClintFalin/status/996833316476203008

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

To be fair, pugs are basically mentally retarded thanks to years of inbreeding.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Birds: *can count, crack nuts by dropping them on roads, mimic Star Wars sound effects*

Also birds:

(repeat every 30 seconds until October)

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Zipperelli. posted:

We need to just make it a rule that if you're gonna post Twitter, you need to also post a screenshot because of how fast idiots end up deleting their tweets and/or get banned.

That ratio.

This isn't the first time Julia has been in trouble for giving aid and comfort to racists on line

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Bumblefuck! posted:

What news are these reporters hoping to break here? Get him to spew more racist poo poo? Also, dude is an idiot for not taking a couple week vacation and waiting it out until the president says something stupid and the news cycle moves on.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Solice Kirsk posted:

What news are these reporters hoping to break here? Get him to spew more racist poo poo? Also, dude is an idiot for not taking a couple week vacation and waiting it out until the president says something stupid and the news cycle moves on.

Yeah, if you follow him you're hoping he'll do some dumbass thing to get away or say something really stupid into the mic.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I love watching lovely people live's kind of crumple around then, but everyone does realize this is just creating the thing we all hate, right? No doubt that this guy will end up as an Info Wars 'legal consultant', or a talking head rear end in a top hat with a blog or space on Fox that ends up earning him millions of followers and a shitton or money. He's not going to use this as an opportunity to re-evaluate his views and the way he acts, he will turn this whole thing into fuel to do even more hateful things and say hateful poo poo to the people that share his same hateful views, and create a narrative that he is the one under attack by the 'PC world gone amok' and his followers will eat it up like baby birds. People like this aren;t exactly known for their empathy and self-reflection.

I wish there was a way to make bigots pay for being assholes without turning them into symbols for the alt-right and 'anti-SJW' crowd.

It's still funny to watch him sprint away from the mean ol' reporters, though.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

enigmahfc posted:

I love watching lovely people live's kind of crumple around then, but everyone does realize this is just creating the thing we all hate, right? No doubt that this guy will end up as an Info Wars 'legal consultant', or a talking head rear end in a top hat with a blog or space on Fox that ends up earning him millions of followers and a shitton or money. He's not going to use this as an opportunity to re-evaluate his views and the way he acts, he will turn this whole thing into fuel to do even more hateful things and say hateful poo poo to the people that share his same hateful views, and create a narrative that he is the one under attack by the 'PC world gone amok' and his followers will eat it up like baby birds. People like this aren;t exactly known for their empathy and self-reflection.

I wish there was a way to make bigots pay for being assholes without turning them into symbols for the alt-right and 'anti-SJW' crowd.

That market is getting really loving saturated though, so I really doubt he'll earn anywhere near as much as he was as a corporate lawyer. Yeah he might get some supporters, but huge aspects of his life have just vanished because he's regularly an unrepentant shithead.

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

enigmahfc posted:

Nah, even if he does get a right wing media gig, going from Partner at a Manhattan law firm to shilling Brain Force Plus on youtube is a pretty major downgrade in lifestyle.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I think it's actually toxic enough that right wing media won't pick him up. If he let slip one thing once, then yeah, but not multiple times. They like their racism subtle so they can pretend they're just "saying it like it is," not overt.

Gaukler
Oct 9, 2012

zoux posted:

This isn't the first time Julia has been in trouble for giving aid and comfort to racists on line

I didn’t know an eye could also drift to the right wing.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

zoux posted:

That ratio.

This is one of those people who voted Hillary but really wants to be a huge racist and will eventually use the excuse that the so-called tolerant left calling her out drove her into the alt right

DryGoods
Apr 26, 2014

Dogs, on the other hand, can connect with that pathos.
https://giant.gfycat.com/AngelicFastAxolotl.webm

china bot
Sep 7, 2014

you listen HERE pal
SAY GOODBYE TO TELEPHONE SEX
Plaster Town Cop
wasted pizza

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Also Schlossberg will never be able to survive in civilized company again. He's so unpopular that his unpopularity is trending everywhere online, at least for a few days. Everyone will know his name and face and that he's a supreme rear end in a top hat. The only people he'll ever be able to hang out with now are other virulent racists and alt-right folks, and as we've seen they aren't exactly the most illustrious or wealthy bunch. Say goodbye to that wealthy Manhattan lawyer lifestyle.

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

Goon Danton posted:

Nah, even if he does get a right wing media gig, going from Partner at a Manhattan law firm to shilling Brain Force Plus on youtube is a pretty major downgrade in lifestyle.

Yeah. Plus Milo and Richard Spencer aren't exactly rolling in dough lately.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

purple death ray posted:

This is one of those people who voted Hillary but really wants to be a huge racist and will eventually use the excuse that the so-called tolerant left calling her out drove her into the alt right

Hmm let's see
https://twitter.com/juliaioffe/status/997291703261454337

She's more like say Maggie Haberman or Robert Costa, journalists who believe in a veneer of civility and that politics is like Wile E Coyote and the sheepdog punching the clock and everything should be chill off the job.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

So he deserves to be pilloried but the mob is still wrong for doing it :thunk:

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Solice Kirsk posted:

I think it's actually toxic enough that right wing media won't pick him up. If he let slip one thing once, then yeah, but not multiple times. They like their racism subtle so they can pretend they're just "saying it like it is," not overt.

This is the best outcome, and I hope its true.

i'm so pessimistic I just assume lovely racists and bigots will end up succeeding...

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

fuckin lol

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

Owners of Mugshots.com have been arrested for extortion. If you had a mugshot published on their site you'd have to pay 400 dollars and up for them to remove it.

https://www.theroot.com/mugshot-com-owners-arrested-for-extortion-1826133048

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Owners of Mugshots.com have been arrested for extortion. If you had a mugshot published on their site you'd have to pay 400 dollars and up for them to remove it.

Well I'm sure they'll be eligible for a discount.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

chitoryu12 posted:

Also Schlossberg will never be able to survive in civilized company again. He's so unpopular that his unpopularity is trending everywhere online, at least for a few days. Everyone will know his name and face and that he's a supreme rear end in a top hat. The only people he'll ever be able to hang out with now are other virulent racists and alt-right folks, and as we've seen they aren't exactly the most illustrious or wealthy bunch. Say goodbye to that wealthy Manhattan lawyer lifestyle.

Good

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫
On Schlossberg, he's not exactly a partner at a white shoe firm--he's got his own solo joint, so hard to get fired from that. Whether he'll be able to keep any clients is another question, especially if the state bar disciplines him.

Also it's kind of funny that according to his website he's fluent in Spanish.

hanales
Nov 3, 2013

small bird pudding posted:

On Schlossberg, he's not exactly a partner at a white shoe firm--he's got his own solo joint, so hard to get fired from that. Whether he'll be able to keep any clients is another question, especially if the state bar disciplines him.

Also it's kind of funny that according to his website he's fluent in Spanish.

Can you get disbarred for being a racist shithead? Serious q.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

hanales posted:

Well there's a really obvious reason to believe he would not give a minority client the same equal treatment under the law as a white guy, and I'm not anywhere near a lawyer but I have to assume that's a pretty big deal to them?

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

hanales posted:

Not familiar with the NY rules of professional conduct, but I doubt it based on what we know if what he's done. It could be considered engaging in conduct that adversely reflects on the lawyer's fitness as a lawyer, but seems like a stretch. If he actively discriminates in hiring, maybe. If anything comes of the complaints that have been filed, I'd think a censure is more likely.

This is all just the opinion of a random person on the internet who tries to avoid New York, so take it for what it's worth.

The_end
May 17, 2014

Inspector Gesicht posted:

Not guilty.
They are publishing public information.

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

The_end posted:

Not guilty.
They are publishing public information.

By that logic, this must be okay, then, because it's public information.

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

https://verysmartbrothas.theroot.com/becky-with-the-bold-hands-white-woman-arrested-for-att-1826114742

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

zoux posted:

Hmm let's see
https://twitter.com/juliaioffe/status/997291703261454337

She's more like say Maggie Haberman or Robert Costa, journalists who believe in a veneer of civility and that politics is like Wile E Coyote and the sheepdog punching the clock and everything should be chill off the job.
eh it's obviously her walking back her comments and slyly trying to imply that she's a victim somehow at the same time

Aerdan
Apr 14, 2012

Not Dennis NEDry

Such awful, fact-free, source-free journalism...

I think this is what that guy's referring to?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwiTVzUDoK8

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

How the gently caress did they get from "Petting someone's dog without permission" to "fighting three cops while they struggle to handcuff you"??? :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gbut
Mar 28, 2008

😤I put the UN🇺🇳 in 🎊FUN🎉

Aerdan posted:

Such awful, fact-free, source-free journalism...

Also an example of untethered schadenfreude.