Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is Sami Zayn a good friend?
This poll is closed.
[Truth] Yes 61 56.48%
[Truth] No, but only because I'm a monster 4 3.70%
[Lie] No 3 2.78%
[Lie] I'm Sami Zayn 40 37.04%
Total: 108 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

quote:

Randy Orton has undergone successful surgery to repair a medial meniscus tear in his left knee, WWE.com can confirm.

“I’ve known I needed the surgery since late last year, but I’ve been waiting for the right time to get my knee cleaned out,” Orton told WWE.com. “Right now was the right time.”

The Viper is currently recovering at home with his family, but says he is “staying motivated to come back and dominate the blue brand.”

"gently caress you I'm taking the summer off"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellspawn
Jul 14, 2001

I'm Watching...
The

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Hellspawn
Jul 14, 2001

I'm Watching...
I have no idea how my phone posted that. Apologies.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Benne posted:

"gently caress you I'm taking the summer off"

He might as well, they really aren’t doing anything with him and AJ and Bryan are completely overshadowing him on the face side.

Hell he’s even fourth wheel after Jeff.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Hellspawn posted:

I have no idea how my phone posted that. Apologies.

I just assumed it was one of the numerous subtle jokes I didn't get. Shoulda rolled with it.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Depending on the severity of the tear, it's usually better to get surgery on it once you progress to the point to where it affects your knee stability or becomes painful. I have a minor medial meniscus tear from my early 20s that partially healed so I've run marathons and regularly do heavy squats and I havent had any issues with stability.

I have a buddy who had a moderate tear and procrastinated way too long on surgery. It ended up getting to the point where the cartilage flap was so torn it would get stuck in the knee joint and caused intense pain (even then he waited like another year or two to finally get it cleaned up). Problem is once it gets that bad they have to remove a larger portion of the cartilage than they would have had to if he got the surgery earlier. Now he can't run and is probably going to need a knee replacement in 10-20 years.

Moral of the story: don't gently caress around and wait for knee surgery unless it's a very minor injury. You will greatly regret it!

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

I honestly can't even remember anything Orton has done since the Jinder feud so good riddance I guess.

Lynkericious
Nov 7, 2012

Super High-School Level Eating Machine

Stale Saltines posted:

I honestly can't even remember anything Orton has done since the Jinder feud so good riddance I guess.

He beat Bobby Roode for the US Championship!

And then lost it to Jinder Mahal.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/ScottDawsonWWE/status/997546150239588352

Admittedly not as entertaining as Sasha's and Bayley's additions to the list, but still, the list of what NXT callups have to say publicly post-callup continues to entertain

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer
Using lower/mid card talent to have a NXT run did wonders for Cesaro and Tyson Kidd. If they’re being featured as WWE talent that means they’re still valued

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
Daniel Bryan is now following me on Twitter. poo poo...now I have to post entertaining things. I don't understand Twitter and don't completely get it...but I now I have no choice.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
There's a tweet like that every other day. Who's this segment of fans that keeps nagging people going "LET ME GIVE YOU CAREER ADVICE STRANGER. YOU SHOULD BE MAD ABOUT YOUR PUSH, YOU SHOULD QUIT"? Is reddit not enough of an audience for you so you gotta gently caress with the people directly?

I mean do they also tweet like walking dead cast members saying they should demand more screen time?

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 00:00 on May 19, 2018

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Sigma posted:

Using lower/mid card talent to have a NXT run did wonders for Cesaro and Tyson Kidd. If they’re being featured as WWE talent that means they’re still valued

Sometimes I think WWE should add a transitional brand between NXT and RAW/Smackdown, you know for the guys who shouldn't be in developmental, but would get lost in the main roster shuffle. Alternate it with NXT tapings at Full Sail, or find another college who'd want the work.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Gatts posted:

Daniel Bryan is now following me on Twitter. poo poo...now I have to post entertaining things. I don't understand Twitter and don't completely get it...but I now I have no choice.

Why?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Davros1 posted:

Sometimes I think WWE should add a transitional brand between NXT and RAW/Smackdown, you know for the guys who shouldn't be in developmental, but would get lost in the main roster shuffle. Alternate it with NXT tapings at Full Sail, or find another college who'd want the work.

This is what NXT TV is. The real developmental people run the Florida loop.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Sigma posted:

It's true it did almost kill Tyson Kidd.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

He tweeted

"Seven feet tall, can’t teach that. Wrestling, however, can be taught... but some people are too lazy or entitled to put in the work. We’ll see which is better tonight #SizevsSkill #HeightvsHeart #WWEBacklash"

I replied this

And now he's following me.

And now I must make good on this because he is clearly a more important person by way of being an excellent wrestler and I must turn myself into the court jester to prove my worth in some bizarre case of insecurity.

Abroham Lincoln
Sep 19, 2011

Note to self: This one's the good one

shiksa posted:

https://twitter.com/totaldivaseps/status/997290075049414661

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2_zAxPqKa8Y

to the tune of the daytona usa song

dee-mooooteeeed
to nxt, to nxt
dee-mooooteeeee-eeeeeed

https://twitter.com/FLWrestlingFan/status/997653026654556160

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
The name of their team is Fashion Patrol? I've been saying Fashion Police this whole time...

As far as "demotions" go, I feel the only person who was TRULY demoted to NXT was Zack Ryder.

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 04:46 on May 19, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

The team name is still Breezango, but yeah all their merch actually says Fashion Patrol not police. They say police on air plenty too though.

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Ha, I guess WWE is hesitant to sell "POLICE" merchandise after the whole "we're NOT the mounties!" thing from years ago.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

Blaise330 posted:

The name of their team is Fashion Patrol? I've been saying Fashion Police this whole time...

As far as "demotions" go, I feel the only person who was TRULY demoted to NXT was Zack Ryder.

Ryder's efforts, bare minimum, at least convinced someone to let him have a real Wrestlemania moment in Dallas....i think? I might have the timeline wrong there.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Minidust posted:

Ha, I guess WWE is hesitant to sell "POLICE" merchandise after the whole "we're NOT the mounties!" thing from years ago.

Fashion Police is a really common term that might be copyrighted for Them products

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

quote:

While discussing lackluster angles during today’s installment of PWInsider Elite Audio, Mike Johnson indicated that the reason the company doesn’t really put much effort into showcasing the tag-team division is because the general feeling is that there is no money to be made.

“I think they have decided that nobody involved in the tag division is worth their time and they’re not going to invest into it because they don’t think it makes them any money. And That’s that.”

This would explain how a certain team could be hot one week and then cold the next. Often times WWE starts to push certain teams only to have the storyline or angle lead to no real payoff. If you look at the tag team division right now, there really isn’t anything actually going on storyline wise and no teams really been “red hot” on television.

http://www.ringsidenews.com/2018/05/18/wwe-has-reportedly-lost-interest-in-entire-tag-team-division/

Break up the Usos.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I mean Vince has always thought tag teams didn't make money and has always broken them up in the end so this isn't shocking even if the Uso's and New Day did a good job holding down Smackdown last year

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
They've got Fashion Po Po on their tights as well so I guess they're both

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

*The New Day has been one of the most popular and most merch-moving acts on the roster for like three years*

"Hmm yes, there is no money in tag team wrestling and the problem certainly is not our garbage booking and stranglehold on creative"
- WWE

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 07:27 on May 19, 2018

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Gatts posted:

He tweeted

"Seven feet tall, can’t teach that. Wrestling, however, can be taught... but some people are too lazy or entitled to put in the work. We’ll see which is better tonight #SizevsSkill #HeightvsHeart #WWEBacklash"

I replied this

And now he's following me.

And now I must make good on this because he is clearly a more important person by way of being an excellent wrestler and I must turn myself into the court jester to prove my worth in some bizarre case of insecurity.
I hope he's in on the joke :shobon:

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Hey everybody, happy MAY 19TH IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sticklefifer posted:

Hey everybody, happy MAY 19TH IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN!

You guys think 20 years ago when Kane told Paul Bearer (PART) of his plan to ultimately destroy the Undertaker, that Paul believed him when he said becoming Mayor of Knox County was a vitally important step in the process?

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

extradite THIS! posted:

*The New Day has been one of the most popular and most merch-moving acts on the roster for like three years*

"Hmm yes, there is no money in tag team wrestling and the problem certainly is not our garbage booking and stranglehold on creative"
- WWE

Other high merch sellers, Enzo and Cass, Rusev Day, and probably cheating with this one but The Bella Twins.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP

extradite THIS! posted:

- WWE

Hmmm wasn't Roman in a tag team when,he was first called up? One they tried to reunited recently to get him hot again? The badge or something?

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
https://twitter.com/MmmGorgeous/status/997799207934349312

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

Rarity posted:

They've got Fashion Po Po on their tights as well so I guess they're both

Well, Fashion PaPa has a different connotation

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Hasn't Vince also always been down on tag teams because why give 4 dudes a payday when you can just have a singles match and give 2 dudes a payday instead?

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

piss tape israel posted:

I hope he's in on the joke :shobon:

So I’m an idiot. It’s some dude who goes by daniiel bryan. Laugh at me.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gatts posted:

How did you fall for that

HOW

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Gatts posted:

lmao owned bitch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Asuka wished me happy birthday on FB I hope you nerds are jealous while you fall for fake twitter accounts

• Locked thread