Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

Interesting that you think that now, after earlier voting Yes.

Can you even change votes once you voted in this game?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Like AA, you can't even keep a consistent view of me. I went from near the bottom of your list to near the top to back to the bottom just today.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
How convenient of you to show up HMM. That's really sketch. Weigh in on everything else up to now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

How convenient of you to show up HMM. That's really sketch. Weigh in on everything else up to now.

TMM, my phone is just a dick.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Lmao AA. Now I feel like you're just getting desperate.

Are you really trying to say that the top poster is lurking and only jumping into convos at convenient times? And who also isn't expressing his views in the thread?

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

TMMadman posted:

Are you really trying to say that the top poster is lurking and only jumping into convos at convenient times? And who also isn't expressing his views in the thread?

I'm just saying, the second you get mentioned you appear. It's a little :eyepop:

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
To be fair, Capn mentions you negatively first.

I admit you changing view, because there's just no validating anything in this gsme as someone who isn't actively using the investigation themselves.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

##Vote yes

Dancer
May 23, 2011

CapitalistPig posted:

Can you even change votes once you voted in this game?

I don't see why we shouldn't do this the same way we do Mafia votes. If people want to change, why not.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Dancer posted:

I don't see why we shouldn't do this the same way we do Mafia votes. If people want to change, why not.

I'm ok with this. This is a different format so however you want to run it.

But from what I understand the real rules are that everyone reveals at once, so there is no opportunity to change votes once revealed?

We are already not doing the everyone reveals at once thing.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

TMMadman posted:

FWIW, I think it is pretty cool that he is trying to throw everything at the wall and make it stick. At least he's trying.

His version of playing as a fascist is much better than RF's "I'm going to lurk even harder now".

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

King Burgundy posted:

FWIW, I think it is pretty cool that he is trying to throw everything at the wall and make it stick. At least he's trying.

His version of playing as a fascist is much better than RF's "I'm going to lurk even harder now".

Im not a fascist though.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Also it should be vote once

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I had a yes on TMM. Let's keep it on Him

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
AA does read a little frantic. I'm still feeling pretty good about KB, and kumba's tmm nom.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
##vote yes

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Retro Futurist posted:

Sorry. It's kind of hard to be motivated to post when everyone thinks I'm a fascist so they don't listen to a word I say. I've been trying to chime in when necessary but screaming into the void isn't really doing it for me

I want to comment on this specifically.

Even as outed scum in mafia games, it can be mad fun to just lean into it. Although I hate scum, some of the most fun I've had as scum is in those situations.

I'm not going to tell you how to be/or what to enjoy. I'm just saying, there is another way to think about it.

Dancer
May 23, 2011
Winter 1931

Liberal voices rejoice as they are beginning to feel that they've almost won the battle against Fascism. Another Liberal policy is passed.

Game status:

9 cards in the policy deck
2 cards in the discard pile

2 Fascist policies passed
4 Liberal policies passed

Presidency order:

Anomalous Amalgam
TMMadman
Byers2142
PMush Perfect
CapnAndy
King Burgundy
CapitalistPig
Dick Bastardly
Retro Futurist
kumba

Previous administration was kumba and TMMadman.

Nomination deadline: 21st May, 22:00 GMT

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Ugh, this stretch of Presidents.

I suggest we no-confidence AA and let TMM pick a government; I still don't trust TMM but I guess he's earned at least enough rope that him having control over a special election in the worst-case scenario is acceptable. I absolutely don't want it to be AA.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##nominate TMM

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

##nominate TMM
##vote yes

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
isnt TMM locked out cause he was just chancellor

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
also: hooray. we did it team

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
true

##nominate RF

##vote NO

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Nice.

So we only need one more liberal policy for victory?

As long as Kumba/TMM only got one liberal card, we are still at like 58% odds for drawing at least one liberal policy in the next go.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Let's deny my govt and get this show on the road. We keep pig and KB out of govt and we probably win.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

CapnAndy posted:

Ugh, this stretch of Presidents.

I suggest we no-confidence AA and let TMM pick a government; I still don't trust TMM but I guess he's earned at least enough rope that him having control over a special election in the worst-case scenario is acceptable. I absolutely don't want it to be AA.

This works for me.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

King Burgundy posted:

Nice.

So we only need one more liberal policy for victory?

As long as Kumba/TMM only got one liberal card, we are still at like 58% odds for drawing at least one liberal policy in the next go.
Two I think.

##vote no

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I really wish AA had not nominated so fast and been willing to talk. Like it's locked in no vote now because I don't think he can nominate someone else.

But I think we could have taken a chance here to let AA prove himself. The special election is not that dangerous since it can be voted down. I think we could have done something lile an AA/DB government (or KB but he'd be better if a 3rd fascist policy passed). It could have been interesting to see what happened. Obviously the danger would be that a fascist AA would lie about his discard. The other side is that we could have forced him to choose the next President and doubled me up since I am a liberal.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Ok, I think I've got a crazy idea.

If we elected this completely conflicted AA/RF government, a fascist policy would likely get passed thus giving AA the special election.

Now AA would be pulling 3 cards from the 9 left (2 liberal cards) which would leave 6 cards left. If we forced AA to select me for the Special Election then I would be able to see the last 6 cards in the deck and as long as I didn't select Hitler as a chancellor the liberals would win. The only danger would be if AA is a fascist and somehow drew both liberal cards, but I feel like that is a bit of a longshot. However if AA is a liberal and he does manage to pull both liberal cards then he gets to force the win for us.

Also CapnAndy was wrong earlier. We only need 1 more liberal policy to win. He is also the one who wants us to hurry the game up but liberals win by slowing things down.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also the above plan should work even if AA throws the Special Election since Byers is behind me and I'm pretty sure we can trust him with the last 3 cards of the shuffle if I was forced to go fascist in front of him.

And regarding the upcoming possible assassination, I would almost certainly want to take out RF.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also I guess I should amend that crazy plan post to say that the liberals would win provided I didn't pick Hitler or a fascist as a chancellor.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

And regarding the upcoming possible assassination, I would almost certainly want to take out RF.

I mean this for whomever gets the assassination if it gets that far.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also yes, I was passed 1L1F, so unless kumba drew 2L then there should still be 2L in the deck.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Well, it’d be nice to do something ##vote yes

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

TMMadman posted:

I really wish AA had not nominated so fast and been willing to talk. Like it's locked in no vote now because I don't think he can nominate someone else.

Hmm it's almost as if he's a fascist or something.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
##vote no just lol if you vote yes on this.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Your plan is super bad TMM. Like, I can't even.

This almost makes me think I was wrong about you and this is your last gasp to try and get two fascist governments in a row and win or something.

I want maximum accountability for our cards in this shuffle, since we are going to see all of them. Definitely not voting in a double fascist government.

Also, we can't make anyone choose anyone for the special election. It's true we can vote it down, but just like AA super rushed his pick for today's chancellor nom, you can assume a similar haphazard play from him as president.

I'll be voting no.

Kumba, can you confirm the cards you got now?

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

TMMadman posted:

Ok, I think I've got a crazy idea.

If we elected this completely conflicted AA/RF government, a fascist policy would likely get passed thus giving AA the special election.

Now AA would be pulling 3 cards from the 9 left (2 liberal cards) which would leave 6 cards left. If we forced AA to select me for the Special Election then I would be able to see the last 6 cards in the deck and as long as I didn't select Hitler as a chancellor the liberals would win. The only danger would be if AA is a fascist and somehow drew both liberal cards, but I feel like that is a bit of a longshot. However if AA is a liberal and he does manage to pull both liberal cards then he gets to force the win for us.

Also CapnAndy was wrong earlier. We only need 1 more liberal policy to win. He is also the one who wants us to hurry the game up but liberals win by slowing things down.

What?

First, why are you trying to get fancy now when we're one away from winning? Second, how do we "force" AA to do anything with the special election? Third, why are we suddenly considering two of the four frozen players for anything?

##vote no

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byers2142
May 5, 2011

Imagine I said something deep here...

King Burgundy posted:

Your plan is super bad TMM. Like, I can't even.

This almost makes me think I was wrong about you and this is your last gasp to try and get two fascist governments in a row and win or something.

I want maximum accountability for our cards in this shuffle, since we are going to see all of them. Definitely not voting in a double fascist government.

Also, we can't make anyone choose anyone for the special election. It's true we can vote it down, but just like AA super rushed his pick for today's chancellor nom, you can assume a similar haphazard play from him as president.

I'll be voting no.

Kumba, can you confirm the cards you got now?

So, the only way this makes sense is TMM wanted two fascist bros in government to guarantee the fascist policy passes. But then there is the special election that could prevent TMM from getting Hitler elected next round and fascist winning. So he came up with a reason to double him up in government, ensuring the President never leaves fascist hands.

It's a crazy Hail Mary at the end, and makes me look again at TMM as fascist.

• Locked thread