Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Every loss to the Reds counts as like 5 losses adjusted for inflation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Sydin posted:

Yeah and he doesn't catch, so comparing him to Caratini is kinda moot. You need two catchers.

e. Also you can't have Bryant play RF regularly unless you don't play Heyward's contract, and that isn't happening. Could move Heyward's contract to CF I guess but then you can't play Almora often and gently caress that.

Heyward doesn't need 500+ plate appearances. Candelario didn't need to start, just be a guy who could backup at 1B and 3B, pinch-hitting, and getting a start a couple days a week. Having good backups is better than having a lovely reliever who doesn't belong in the majors.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Tom Gorman posted:

:siren: Large Canadian Adult Son hits his first dinger :siren:

I was on the train trying to get to the Sox game in enough time to get Inspector a Hawk Solo bobble head; how good was it?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Popete posted:

At some point Justin "loving" Wilson was going to be used today, it's a double header. So you can't really blame Joe for waiting until extra innings.

Why not let Duensing pitch 2 innings? Or let Cishek throw the next inning? Feels like micromanaging those good relievers put the Cubs in a position where they had to throw trash out in a meaningful moment.

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Love my 103 mph-throwing 21-year-old. :allears:

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Whenever I'm put to the test, I'm gonna ace it.
Brandon Belt continues to save the Giant's lineup from itself.

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Ambassador of Funk posted:

Brandon Belt continues to save the Giant's lineup from itself.

He's their best first basemen and best outfielder. This is probably a red flag in one way or another

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

3/18/2023: Day of the Dorks
Tyler O'Neill kicks rear end imo

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Inspector I have your bobble head.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Here’s Joe Smith to double Cleveland’s lead

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

lmao mike matheny is STILL running greg holland out in high leverage situations. loving fire him

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

right on time greg holland walks a dude and gives up a triple

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Mike_V posted:

lmao mike matheny is STILL running greg holland out in high leverage situations. loving fire him

Putting 2018 Greg Holland into a high-leverage situation should legit be a fireable offense.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

mike, greg holland just gave up a triple to tie the game and you're STILL letting him pitch

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Mike you goddamn idiot.

Mike_V
Jul 31, 2004

this might be the first time i've ever heard a crowd boo a cardinal. even the idiot cardinals fans know better than matheny

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Mike_V posted:

this might be the first time i've ever heard a crowd boo a cardinal. even the idiot cardinals fans know better than matheny

Mitch Boggs blowing the game in relief of Wacha’s debut is the last time I can remember.

Tayter Swift
Nov 18, 2002

Pillbug
Mike has money on this game

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Walking Posey to get to Belt makes very little sense to me

E: Of course bad umping shows up after they do

New Concept Hole fucked around with this message at 23:13 on May 19, 2018

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
I love dingers as much as the next guy, but it would be nice to see the offense produce some runs a different way

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Been safe if you'd run through Wong you dipshit

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

Crawford with the homer to put himself over .300 :c00lbert:

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Ambassador of Funk posted:

Crawford with the homer to put himself over .300 :c00lbert:

He's so hot right now, and has been hitting the ball well recently.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
oh gently caress off Gattis

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

holy gently caress Odubel sure takes his time getting in the box.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

holy gently caress Odubel sure takes his time getting in the box.

https://twitter.com/PitchingNinja/status/906333224837767168

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast
Star Wars night for the Sox, small children dressed up in service to the Empire. All I can think: “Aren’t you a little short for a storm trooper?”

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
hahaha nice pickoff there, love that

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
It was really nice of Matheney to follow Maddon's example and make a terrible high leverage bullpen decision that ultimately lost the game. Keeps the division interesting when nobody can pull ahead of anybody after all.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Nobody's robbing that one

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
lmao that fence dinger

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

The Astros are bothering the Indians with solo dingers but they need more

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I thought hitting the wall was the same as hitting the ground but uh I guess not? Ok

Craziest non-header HR Ive ever seen

e: wait I guess I am right now confusion reigns

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
Oh what the gently caress

the popes toes
Oct 10, 2004

oh goddamn it turning a billiards dinger that never hit the ground into a double

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
So it’s a home run if it bounces off Canseco’s head and into the stands but if it bounces off the lower ledge of the bullpen fence and bounces out it’s a double? How the gently caress does that make sense?

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

How is that not a home run. I'd love to see the rule that says one way or another.

Ambassador of Funk
Aug 2, 2009

I’m glad Neil Ramirez is still bad at least.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

Big Mean Jerk posted:

So it’s a home run if it bounces off Canseco’s head and into the stands but if it bounces off the lower ledge of the bullpen fence and bounces out it’s a double? How the gently caress does that make sense?

I've always understood the wall to be the same as the ground in that sense whereas players aren't. I have nothing to back this up other than believing it for a long time and the ruling that just happened though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
Hi Cubs

• Locked thread