Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Alyssa_Milano/status/997544236231856128

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/997511596355141634?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.somethingawful.com%2F

call to action
Jun 10, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
America sux so what

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Nice subheader.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Nice subheader.

sending all the service members to school to own the libs

Durf
Aug 16, 2017

the trump thread introduced me to this dead mall series. enjoy these abandoned monuments

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6Cdav9MhDg

staples of dead malls:

- jewellry kiosk
- radioshack
- massage chairs

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

here's pennsylvania

allentown blows

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
My son is only 3 but I imagine the first time he comes home from school and tells me he had an active shooter drill my brain is gonna break in new ways I didn’t know was possible.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

The Nastier Nate posted:

My son is only 3 but I imagine the first time he comes home from school and tells me he had an active shooter drill my brain is gonna break in new ways I didn’t know was possible.
Active shooter drill at this point meaning a full military exercise, teaching kids how to function as a unit to take down attackers with a variety of firearms.

viral spiral
Sep 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

The Nastier Nate posted:

lmao at having a kid in America in the last 10 years

Like, why would you bring another person into this nihilistic, neoliberal shitshow run by technocrats called America

Be responsible

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

A Buttery Pastry posted:

Active shooter drill at this point meaning a full military exercise, teaching kids how to function as a unit to take down attackers with a variety of firearms.

you mean swarming the shooter with warm bodies and hoping there's more targets than they have bullets

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Do americans have to do that stupid «thank you for your service» thing to school kids now?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

gradenko_2000 posted:

you mean swarming the shooter with warm bodies and hoping there's more targets than they have bullets
Depends on the racial demographics of the school.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/997570046925950978?s=19

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

viral spiral posted:

Like, why would you bring another person into this nihilistic, neoliberal shitshow run by technocrats called America

Be responsible

The future needs guillotine operators

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

The Nastier Nate posted:

i've done the active shooter drills as a teacher in kindergarten, 2nd and 3rd grade over the last seven or so years and everyone involved tends to numbly conform to the routine.

all part of the illusion shattering experience of working in education

An ordinary person spends his life avoiding tense situations. A teacher spends his life getting into tense situations.

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
schools are just battlefields to weed out the weak, and school shooters are cheaters

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Lmao

nah
Mar 16, 2009

viral spiral posted:

Be responsible

what, I'm supposed to suffer alone?

Rand alPaul
Feb 3, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

Some shitheads in Washington are going to read this headline and come to the conclusion that we're not killing enough soldiers.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Rand alPaul posted:

Some shitheads in Washington are going to read this headline and come to the conclusion that we're not killing enough soldiers.

Give Bolton time

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007
Uh, how is “rent” a “middle class basic” and not the minimum you need not to live on the street?

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Hedenius posted:

Uh, how is “rent” a “middle class basic” and not the minimum you need not to live on the street?

Living on the street is "working poor" now.

If you can afford rent, congratulations on living the American Dream!

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

SERVICE
GUARANTEES
SAFETY

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

The Nastier Nate posted:

The future needs guillotine operators

Ramrod Hotshot
May 30, 2003

It has the money of a 1st world country with the attitude of a third.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

not for long lol

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Ramrod Hotshot posted:

That's not fair

Many 3rd world nations try to improve their populations lot in life

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/theseantcollins/status/998197114650980352

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
In a sense, she really dodged a bullet

Yossarian-22
Oct 26, 2014

indeed op https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2018-05-21/supreme-court-says-employers-can-bar-worker-class-action-suits-jhgbqpz0

nah
Mar 16, 2009

lots of responses like "that's because the military has guns!" as if the point of the tweet is that our troops aren't ALSO being killed in addition to schoolchildren

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

https://twitter.com/speechboy71/status/999884366590296064

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
If America is so bad, then why do people put so much on the line trying to get in?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

General Dog posted:

If America is so bad, then why do people put so much on the line trying to get in?

Well, being really dumb helps them pass as Americans

qkkl
Jul 1, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

General Dog posted:

because america made the places the people are coming from much worse

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

gradenko_2000 posted:

We started having active shooter training at work this year lol.

Trump!

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

General Dog posted:

partly because most other nations outside the developed west are even worse, but mostly because America's primary export for the better part of a century is its culture, thus the entire planet has been flooded for more than a generation with both hard and soft propaganda painting America as a far better place than it is

ask most immigrants seeking entry to the US why they're trying to get in and they'll paint you a bullshit idealised picture of the America they've seen in media

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

Wheeee posted:

partly because most other nations outside the developed west are even worse, but mostly because America's primary export for the better part of a century is its culture,
well, america has another export actively making other nations worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
We have alot of fun here in C-SPAM about how America is a shithole country, but the truth is you could do ALOT worse. We still have the bare bones of what used to be a somewhat functioning government, respectable social safety net and infrastructure and 20 years of putting the right people in power will go a long way. Then again there's no indication we're gonna put the right people in power anytime soon.

We've been on the downswing for a few decades now so if you ask me "Nate is America the worst country?" again in 2050 I'll probably have a different answer for you.

Assuming we're all still alive obviously.

• Locked thread