Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i hope alpha protocol and vampire the masquerade: bloodlines would get a sequel

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

DoctorGonzo posted:

witcher 3 is good and cyberpunk 2077 will be even better

#teamyen

Inshallah

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cyberpunk will be so much better unless you have to play as geralt the (class)

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm having an existential crisis and I'm not really sure why but it feels bad. :(

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm having an existential crisis and I'm not really sure why but it feels bad. :(

Everything will turn out okay, Fooch.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Sorry to hear buddy. Hope you feel better soon

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I had an existential crisis when I was unemployed for a very long period of time

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

rare Magic card l00k posted:

Everything will turn out okay, Fooch.

Thanks man. I'm deeply, genuinely upset about simultaneously everything and nothing at all. I love you guys and if someone else is hurting I'm really good at telling them it'll be alright but I am not good at doing that for myself.

I appreciate you all though and I hope you all know that.

piss tape israel posted:

I had an existential crisis when I was unemployed for a very long period of time

I'm not unemployed per se but I do work an almost full time job mostly for free so....

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Thanks man. I'm deeply, genuinely upset about simultaneously everything and nothing at all. I love you guys and if someone else is hurting I'm really good at telling them it'll be alright but I am not good at doing that for myself.

I appreciate you all though and I hope you all know that.

I'm not unemployed per se but I do work an almost full time job mostly for free so....

Listen to relaxing music and go to sleep. Usually that helps me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2Cmkrym07Y

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Meditation helps too

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

Thanks buddy, I hope you're doing well. :)

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I'm tryna learn yoga this month

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
or you can go out and drink a bottle of vodka? i dont know!

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DoctorGonzo posted:

or you can go out and drink a bottle of vodka? i dont know!

That'd be bad for my liver because I'm on painkillers tbh.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

DoctorGonzo posted:

I do this when I get anxiety and it is good but I think my daughter hid my headphones somewhere and I need new ones now

This is one of my relaxing playlist songs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmGVIvf8Q6s

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames

SamuraiFoochs posted:

You're gonna be good bro.

Let's make the ultimate feel-good playlist:

Come And Get Your Love
Everybody Wants to Rule The World
September
Africa

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

learn necromancy and defeat the skeletons you raise in hand to hand combat.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Seconding the meditation, I've made it part of my morning and evening routine. I get my coffee and sit in my comfy chair and meditate for about 15-20 mins in the morning, and do a shorter 10 min meditation before bed.

Have you tried CBD for pain/anxiety? Are you in a legal or medicinal state?

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I am not, sadly.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

DoctorGonzo posted:

Here's my dumbass confession/unpopular movie opinion/whatever: I cried at the end of COCO

Coco is a movie designed to make you cry at the end though (in a good way), it's an incredibly sweet film whose message most people can relate to.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Jerusalem posted:

Coco is a movie designed to make you cry at the end though (in a good way), it's an incredibly sweet film whose message most people can relate to.

Last movie that made me cry legit was Guardians of the Galaxy 2, that ending is super emotional.

Before that it was Finding Dory, right at that moment when Dory gets washed out to sea alone and ALL IS LOST. That still gets me honestly, that moment where you feel like everything you care about is irrevocably gone and something totally outside your control is preventing you from even having a shot at fixing it is a crushing feeling.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

The bad side of existential crisis is the total inability to pen it down so you can dissect it and feel better about it. The teensy, tiny good side is knowing it IS an existential crisis lets at least part of your brain know that it will pass and you will be okay, but it can be really, really hard to get back in touch with that part of your brain when the rest of it is going crazy. The best thing I have ever found for reconnecting myself mentally is exercising and physically tiring myself enough that my brain has to listen to my body instead of the other way around.

Either way, there are always wrestling buddies you can PM and feel bad with.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sanguinia posted:

Last movie that made me cry legit was Guardians of the Galaxy 2, that ending is super emotional.

I thought GotG2 was lacking a certain spark that the original had (still good, just not quite magical like the first), but the ending really is absolutely loving incredible. That moment where Sean Gunn is slamming his fist to his chest as he realizes what is happening is genuinely beautiful.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

the podcast Sleep With Me pretty much cured my insomnia, maybe it can help someone else too :)

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

coconono posted:

come Tuesday, I'll have a trip report on the latest Warhammer 40k vidya game offering: Deathwing. You play as stompy robot armored dudes shootin aliens in a giant chunk of spaceship/cathedral themed trash. I have not heard good reviews. Should be pretty awesome.

Honestly people are always too harsh on Warhammer games

piss tape israel posted:

Same, although in my case it was never being employed in the first place, it's amazing how even a part time seasonal job can change things up

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Those suck, I remember spending the better part of two years in High School dealing with one

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

When the drug test comes back positive for performance enhancing drugs.

DoctorGonzo posted:

i hope alpha protocol and vampire the masquerade: bloodlines would get a sequel

I'm buying Vampyr solely to chase the high that Masquerade gave me back in the day. It might not even be remotely similar but I'm trying

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Vaguido posted:

I'm buying Vampyr solely to chase the high that Masquerade gave me back in the day. It might not even be remotely similar but I'm trying

I got lucky - the Shadowrun video games did this for my high school nostalgia, when we sat around eating pizza, drinking Coke, and laughing at the idea of megacorps running the world.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Vaguido posted:

I havent hear anything about Vampyr, i read that it was made by the life is strange people? idk

The only game that has given me the Vampire vibe is the wolf among us, good game

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

I thought GotG2 was lacking a certain spark that the original had (still good, just not quite magical like the first), but the ending really is absolutely loving incredible. That moment where Sean Gunn is slamming his fist to his chest as he realizes what is happening is genuinely beautiful.

I think its biggest problem was the middle was really slow. They could have tightened that up a lot without really hurting the movie.

OldTennisCourt
Sep 11, 2011

by VideoGames
As someone with a very closer relationship with his dad the ending of GOTG 2 loving obliterated me

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

DoctorGonzo posted:

I havent hear anything about Vampyr, i read that it was made by the life is strange people? idk

The only game that has given me the Vampire vibe is the wolf among us, good game

Dontnod did an hour stream of gameplay that looked pretty alright. Combat is primarily melee, and you can do a full pacifist run. Every NPC has their own schedule and story that you can uncover through finding clues and stuff, so it seems like a lot of fun. It might not be like Masquerade but I feel it might scratch the itch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRwUP81WG2Y

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

DoctorGonzo posted:

witcher 3 is good and cyberpunk 2077 will be even better

#teamyen

He's right guys.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Life Is Strange was great

Vaguido
Feb 22, 2011

St Evan Echoes posted:

Life Is Strange was great

eh *waggles hand back and forth*

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
MF Doom is good.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I recently replayed through Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines with the most recent (10.0) version of the unofficial patch. Game still holds up story and writing wise but the age definitely shows with the graphics and gameplay. It's still an enjoyable game but I wonder how it'd come across to someone who hadn't played it back in the day.

My only prior play through back in 2009 or so was my first introduction to World of Darkness and the game's quiz gave me Malkavian. Not knowing any better, I went with it. One hell of an experience. I went with Ventrue this time to try out the social stuff and was surprised by how many things I had managed to crazy my way past previously, and how many of the things I recalled weren't present due just to play style difference. That game has great range.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The weird taxi ending is really good.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

TTBF posted:

My only prior play through back in 2009 or so was my first introduction to World of Darkness and the game's quiz gave me Malkavian. Not knowing any better, I went with it. One hell of an experience.

I'm pretty surprised you managed to parse what was going on. A first playthrough as a Malkavian seems... just confusing as gently caress.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

drrockso20 posted:

Honestly people are always too harsh on Warhammer games

Warhammer games are hard to get right because you have three camps of people playing it.

1. you have people like me that only read the books because the books are awesome. I wanna do awesome poo poo like in the books. So getting the art and settings right, that's a big deal.

2. you have people that invested small fortunes in the miniatures games. I don't think I spelled miniature right but gently caress it, the spellcheck says its ok and this language is a goddman abomination. Anyway, they expect a certain level of catering(as one should) because how heavily invested they are. Hard to please.

3. you have people that don't play or know much about the gameworld that saw the previews and are expecting something like Gears or Medal of Honor style games. Trying to nail that AAA level goodness on a B movie budget is an extra special challenge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You also have the fact that Games Workshop never said "no" to a video game licensing deal so there's a dozen developers making different games of highly varying quality.