Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

C.M. Kruger posted:

NEW WARBOSS gets me every time.

I never noticed that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

twoday posted:

What are you talking about? Nirvana is responsible for one of the greatest big band/lounge classics:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_MzRxDUeMI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAYV3d9fSW8

:hfive:

Zopotantor
Feb 24, 2013

...und ist er drin dann lassen wir ihn niemals wieder raus...

Guy Goodbody posted:

Here are some classic Warhammer illustrations

Sheesh, they're not even using the wheels correctly.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
You mean you're not supposed to dangle skellingtons from them and then spin them around like the most boring carnival ride?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
No no no you're supposed to weave people through the spokes after you crush their bones to make them more pliable, God almighty the heresy I have to put up with around here

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Karate Bastard posted:

No no no you're supposed to weave people through the spokes after you crush their bones to make them more pliable, God almighty the heresy I have to put up with around here

Says the heretic WHO PRAISED SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE GLORIOUS GOD-EMPEROR!

:commissar:

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Says the heretic WHO PRAISED SOMEONE OTHER THAN THE GLORIOUS GOD-EMPEROR!

:commissar:

I thought God was the Emperors first name. Though I suppose calling the Emperor of Humanity by his first name is still heresy.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Oh drat oh bother so sorry you guys *climbs into wheel*

Nurge
Feb 4, 2009

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Blast from the past:

Johnny Five-Abes

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

you got some lame rear end friends

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost

Belfast? More like bend fast

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Unfortunately it is fake but the real ones were so melodramatic nobody could take them seriously.

The one I regrettably can't find is this stereotypical Roy Lichtenstein type image of tearful, dejected woman crying into her pillow thinking, "All I did was drop my chewing gum on the ground... and now he won't SPEAK to me!"

VocalizePlayerDeath
Jan 29, 2009

This really squares my rear end.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

Clearly a female crocodile.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

I'm guessing they ordered from using a website or whoever runs the bakery is an idiot.

(whynotboth.jpg)

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Found this browsing amazon today.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B073X4YGGN/

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Proteus Jones posted:

I'm guessing they ordered from using a website or whoever runs the bakery is an idiot.

(whynotboth.jpg)

South Carolina, soooooo

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Proteus Jones posted:

(whynotboth.jpg)
The online order form didn't like "cum" and dashed it out, so the customer put a note in the Special Instructions box explaining the Latin and indicating what should go in the dashes. Didn't matter: the baker still used the dashes. $70 for that bullshit.

The customer got a refund and a gift card, but still.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

quote:

Jacob graduated Saturday with the highest honors from a Christian-based home-schooling program. So, his mom ordered a cake.
http://utv44.com/news/offbeat/censored-sweets-west-ashley-family-says-publix-made-a-frosting-faux-pas-with-honors-grad

The idea of being homeschooled and getting summa cum laude is just the most pathetic thing ever.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

At least the mom knew the Latin phrase and had to be the one fighting with the prudish cake shop about how it isn't a bad word you idiots.

Land of the blind, etc etc

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

sneakyfrog posted:

http://utv44.com/news/offbeat/censored-sweets-west-ashley-family-says-publix-made-a-frosting-faux-pas-with-honors-grad

The idea of being homeschooled and getting summa cum laude is just the most pathetic thing ever.

He already does that all the goddamned time, so might as well reward him for it. I mean summa come laude, others do so quietly.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

sneakyfrog posted:

idgi, is this some kind of humble brag? because that would be like twice as pathetic

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

hawowanlawow posted:

idgi, is this some kind of humble brag? because that would be like twice as pathetic

Being the only student in a class taught by your parents, and being honored as the best student is pathetic. Almost as pathetic as your ability to comprehend meaning in written words.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
It says it's part of a program, so there's a chance that he was being compared to some other students within that program. I don't know how homeschooling works, though, so I might be misinterpreting the word "program" here.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

SpacePig posted:

It says it's part of a program, so there's a chance that he was being compared to some other students within that program. I don't know how homeschooling works, though, so I might be misinterpreting the word "program" here.

It's possible that there is like a state mandated curriculum program

sandoz
Jan 29, 2009

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

It's possible that there is like a state mandated curriculum program

in a state with a publix? lol

Teddybear
May 16, 2009

Look! A teddybear doll!
It's soooo cute!

It said Christian themed homeschooling program so I’d wager it’s the ACE that Prester Jane does write ups on. It’s basically a homeschooling program that tries to stamp out critical thinking in lieu of rote memorization, obedience, and integration of Christian Dominionist theology into daily life.

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008

Teddybear posted:

It said Christian themed homeschooling program so I’d wager it’s the ACE that Prester Jane does write ups on. It’s basically a homeschooling program that tries to stamp out critical thinking in lieu of rote memorization, obedience, and integration of Christian Dominionist theology into daily life.

:911:

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

SpacePig posted:

i have cousins who homeschool, and the kids are usually part of a group who are considered to be in the same class. it allows for things like rankings and for them to take part in organized team sports (one cousin actually got scouted as a baseball player despite being homeschool)

Bloodfart McCoy
Jul 20, 2007

That's a high quality avatar right there.
Agreed I’m :lol: a lot more at the homeschooled part than the censored cum at this point. So many layers to that one.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

Bloodfart McCoy posted:

Agreed I’m :lol: a lot more at the homeschooled part than the censored cum at this point. So many layers to that one.

I can't tell from the picture, but it looks like two-layers at most.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Johnny Aztec posted:

DICK

THE

BIRTHDAY
BOY

Quoting late but I just found out that

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Homeschooled Christian cum kid wants to be a doctor.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Considering how poor the American public education system is, I’m not surprised more parents are turning to home schooled programs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

oldpainless posted:

Considering how poor the American public education system is, I’m not surprised more parents are turning to home schooled programs.

Except that is almost universally not why they're doing it, and also the people doing it are the ones largely responsible for the system sucking anyway.

More like old brainless (just kidding buddy we're cool)