Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E2M2
Mar 2, 2007

Ain't No Thang.
I think it just means the team currently you would have is close or stronger than your current team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?
So Deadpool is kitted out and ready to go. And I have no idea what to do with him. My go-to team for everything consists of Gamora, Quake, Night Nurse, Yondu, and Captain America. At this point, DP is strong enough to replace any of them and not hurt my power levels at all (~61k) - in fact, he's even strong than a couple folks. I don't have the team levelled all the way to 60 yet, and I have barely put effort into purple gear. Any suggestions as to where I could fit DP right now?

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

B blitz and raid teams :shrug:

That’s the problem I have with a lot of dudes. They are good and could replace members on my A team but I like how my A team rolls sooooo
:effort:

It would be interesting to see how the Computer controls him on arena defense though.

Also just hit 60 this morning. Now I can really start leveling some dudes up.

MarcusSA fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 21, 2018

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Wait and see for a week with cable. The general consensus is wait a bit and see with both. Odds are cable will be a really good unit and Deadpool will be made better by having cable due to the team up. There are other team ups in the game but extremely limited. The lack of iron man and groom are hurting the other team ups, but there is a chance they might do a cable for all type of Blitz instead of a top 500 since they announced it so far in advance. In 7-10 days a lot might be changed.

That's the problem with investing into a new character early. You are doing all of the research on your own.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Yeah he can run the B team with Thanos and Drax I guess. He puts out some serious hurt, I just like what I've been running with.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
I fought someone that had DP on arena D and he put a hurting on me. First I've lost in a little while. For reference I'm player level 51 and all my team is max leveled with average T6/7 gear.

Hot Dog Day #82
Jul 5, 2003

Soiled Meat
Yeah, I feel like “attack character while ignoring taunt” and “do a bunch of attacks at once” are easy for the AI to work with, and everything involving hurting minions is passive (though what are the odds of seeing a minion in the arena). I think he’ll end up being better than most characters due to how foolproof he is for the AI to play, but time will tell I guess.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Starting tomorrow (or more precisely, in 22 hours and 51 minutes), there's a Flash Event - Payday.

Using Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes as precedent, it'll be a once or twice monthly event, rather than the cycling daily challenges. Gives another target for roster building, in this case, a Mercenary team.
This one's going to be pretty useful - it's a Gold payout.

As of now, there are seven Mercenary characters in the game:

Bullseye (Heroes 2-6, Villains 1-3)
Deadpool (Deadpool Raid Orbs only for now)
Korath the Pursuer (Villains 5-9, Cosmic 3-9)
Mercenary Lieutenant (Villains 3-3, Nexus 6-3)
Mercenary Riot Guard (Blitz store)
Mercenary Soldier (Raid store; on rotation)
Mercenary Sniper (Nexus 4-6)

The requirements are a full team of 5 at minimum star levels from 1-6 (there's no tier that needs all 5 to be 7*), so it's unlikely many will have enough starred Mercenaries to go higher than tier 2-3 this go around.
But it also looks like while the event's active (at least this time), the Campaign levels will have double drop rewards for the 4 Mercenaries you can farm (Bullseye, Korath, Merc Lieutenant and Sniper) for the duration of the event (24 hours), so it might be useful to prioritize them when it goes live.

Whoreson Welles
Mar 4, 2015

ON TO THE NEXT PAGE!
Cool, looks like my for-fun Merc team of Kingpin, Bullseye, Lieutenant, Sniper, and Riot Guard might actually come in handy!

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012
I'm still confused about Crossbones not counting as a mercenary.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

cliffdiver posted:

Cool, looks like my for-fun Merc team of Kingpin, Bullseye, Lieutenant, Sniper, and Riot Guard might actually come in handy!

KP isn't a merc, he just has merc synergy

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

I have DP, Merc Lt, and Korath all at 3* but won’t be able to get Bullseye and Merc Sniper there in time. Too bad it only lasts a day, but hey it’s free gold. Xbones should totally be a merc I agree.

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

On those same lines, shouldn't Yondu and the Ravagers and the Guardians be mercs too? I don't know poo poo about cosmic Marvel other than the movies, but they fight things for money.. making them mercenaries.

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009

New Leaf posted:

So Deadpool is kitted out and ready to go. And I have no idea what to do with him. My go-to team for everything consists of Gamora, Quake, Night Nurse, Yondu, and Captain America. At this point, DP is strong enough to replace any of them and not hurt my power levels at all (~61k) - in fact, he's even strong than a couple folks. I don't have the team levelled all the way to 60 yet, and I have barely put effort into purple gear. Any suggestions as to where I could fit DP right now?

I'd experiment with putting deadpool in instead of night nurse for everything other than raids. You don't need a healer in most content other than raiding except for occasionally in missions.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Am I missing something with this merc poo poo? I have 5 dudes all level 20+ and gear tier 4 and skills 2+ but the poo poo ain’t unlocking.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

MarcusSA posted:

Am I missing something with this merc poo poo? I have 5 dudes all level 20+ and gear tier 4 and skills 2+ but the poo poo ain’t unlocking.

Starts in 9h

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

fishtobaskets posted:

Starts in 9h

Guess I am missing the timer then :doh:

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

1,2,3,4,5 dem gators don't take no jive. go gator -US Rep. Corrine Brown (D) FL

Hogama posted:

Starting tomorrow (or more precisely, in 22 hours and 51 minutes), there's a Flash Event - Payday.

Using Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes as precedent, it'll be a once or twice monthly event, rather than the cycling daily challenges. Gives another target for roster building, in this case, a Mercenary team.
This one's going to be pretty useful - it's a Gold payout.

As of now, there are seven Mercenary characters in the game:

Bullseye (Heroes 2-6, Villains 1-3)
Deadpool (Deadpool Raid Orbs only for now)
Korath the Pursuer (Villains 5-9, Cosmic 3-9)
Mercenary Lieutenant (Villains 3-3, Nexus 6-3)
Mercenary Riot Guard (Blitz store)
Mercenary Soldier (Raid store; on rotation)
Mercenary Sniper (Nexus 4-6)

The requirements are a full team of 5 at minimum star levels from 1-6 (there's no tier that needs all 5 to be 7*), so it's unlikely many will have enough starred Mercenaries to go higher than tier 2-3 this go around.
But it also looks like while the event's active (at least this time), the Campaign levels will have double drop rewards for the 4 Mercenaries you can farm (Bullseye, Korath, Merc Lieutenant and Sniper) for the duration of the event (24 hours), so it might be useful to prioritize them when it goes live.

I've never played GOH, but I assume they may rotate other similar events with different team synergies? Like a one day Hand event, or all AIM, Hydra, etc?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Most likely those are going to be for certain characters. It's been data mined that red skull will be 5 hydra.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

explosivo posted:

Had to bookmark this for this very reason!

I'm confused about Hawkeye being there because he always accidentally dies from AOE, I never focus him and he falls over first

E: also Red Skull at least in PVE feels like a huge pain, I swear he just shits out buffs and summons every turn

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Zotix posted:

Most likely those are going to be for certain characters. It's been data mined that red skull will be 5 hydra.

Just found this on Reddit:

RosaParksOfDip
May 11, 2009
Of course the best minion team is the worst reward.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

RosaParksOfDip posted:

Of course the best minion team is the worst reward.

Yep it sucks... I want all those things except training modules. But, I also don't know that I want to invest in getting five star minion teams solely for these events. Maybe I'll focus on what i want most which is gold.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Here's my recommendation. Go in on orb blitz. You'll get 7 orb pulls from that alone every week. It's the easiest way to get minion shards.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

RosaParksOfDip posted:

I'd experiment with putting deadpool in instead of night nurse for everything other than raids. You don't need a healer in most content other than raiding except for occasionally in missions.

I've seen some arguments that Deadpool is actually a top-tier character in Arena and Blitz because your objective in those is to gain a 5v4 hero advantage as quickly as possible and deadpool's taunt bypass is really, really good for that. I'll find out myself in like 3 weeks, maybe.

Away all Goats fucked around with this message at 21:41 on May 22, 2018

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Updated tier list per Reddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStrikeForce/comments/8l661i/120_tier_list_graphic/

Drink Top
Jul 21, 2012

an adult beverage posted:

Nothing for the Kree? Well, dang.

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011
Gold Orb shards are one-time completion rewards, lump sums of gold are repeatable. You can more or less defray the cost of ranking a Merc team with the initial winnings and have it all be profit when the event repeats.

an adult beverage
Aug 13, 2005

Yeah it's a lot of gold. The two star is 450k total. Korath, Deadpool, and Merc Lt. are all solid and probably worth having leveled anyways. Just the other two guys will be a chore.

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:

Yeah it's a lot of gold. The two star is 450k total. Korath, Deadpool, and Merc Lt. are all solid and probably worth having leveled anyways. Just the other two guys will be a chore.

Riot Guard is actually a pretty decent tank too. Taunt with team defense up on every other turn and a high block chance is solid. Basically a poor man’s Cap, like Merc Lt and Black Widow. And Merc Sniper apparently is the hardest hitting minion or something, I haven’t confirmed that though.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Suprfli6 posted:

And Merc Sniper apparently is the hardest hitting minion or something, I haven’t confirmed that though.

Definitely feels like it when you're on the receiving end

Tiny Chalupa
Feb 14, 2012
Merc sniper hits hard for sure.
Riot Guard all sorts of beef with other Mercs

Korath is a must. Don't be a fool, get him

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Who else is going in on the Over hyped cosmic blaster with team up synergy tonight? I'm thinking 800k for beta shard. He could be straight up amazing, or just meh. I think his turn meter manipulation with black widow straight speed up will be very powerful, but who knows?

New Wave Jose
Aug 20, 2008

So they changed the team for Ironman (was shield people in the beta).

I hope the low level tiers are repeatable even if it take a million year to get the characters. gently caress having all those minions at 5*

Suprfli6
Jul 9, 2008

Zotix posted:

Who else is going in on the Over hyped cosmic blaster with team up synergy tonight? I'm thinking 800k for beta shard. He could be straight up amazing, or just meh. I think his turn meter manipulation with black widow straight speed up will be very powerful, but who knows?

Yeah I’ll be pushing for him. I’m at over 500k in the spidey blitz right now and I’m still at 500 charges plus 100 daily, 250 challenge, and another 100 I think from a milestone I haven’t collected yet. I will probably push to 750-800k on the launch shard for caleb.

zeroskippy
Apr 10, 2016
Merc sniper is a brutal tank killer because all his attacks ignore so much freaking armor.

Roach
Nov 23, 2007
Can't touch this
If anyone needs a spot in a goon alliance, we got room for 1-2 in I am Goon.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Roach posted:

My guy Husker dude would be happy to take a spot.

thiccabod
Nov 26, 2007

Roach posted:

Requested entry as Potato Rump

Edit: I'm in! Thanks man, I appreciate it.

thiccabod fucked around with this message at 20:57 on May 25, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

Free Deadpool shards instructions located here: https://www.reddit.com/r/MarvelStrikeForce/comments/8lzke6/deadpool_shard_solution_for_ios_users/

I assume it'll work similarly for Android, but I dunno. 10 shards, which was enough for me to unlock Deadpool a day earlier.

• Locked thread