Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Vasudus posted:

Kids nothing, we're going to see the effects of poo poo getting wild before we're in the grave. We're already seeing changes in severe weather, unseasonable patterns, and the resulting migration of animals/insects/disease. And it sure as gently caress isn't "lol that's just the weather, nerd".

edit: this is also on top of us loving around with using too much water for agriculture and draining the aquifers, salt water seeping into the aquifers, or building in places that don't have enough natural water to begin with.

edit2: this is also precisely why they call it climate change now, too. Because despite the fact that yes, unnatural warming is the root cause of a lot of this, you get morons like trumpo that say 'lol it was coldest on record this year, how is this real'

Also, "global warming" is basically just the average annual temperature. Climate includes precipitation patterns, temperature ranges, onset of seasons, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
none of us are getting out alive and that owns

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
I present to you the dumbest thing I have ever read.

https://twitter.com/mviser/status/998742706045235201

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

facialimpediment posted:

I believe this 100%.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

a 4chan meme has the nuclear launch codes

I'm so glad I'm too unfuckable to have children

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

facialimpediment posted:

Acting dumb to appeal to his base? That makes total sense to me.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Then why are they always deleted immediately

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~
4th dimensional puppetmaster

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Fallom posted:

Then why are they always deleted immediately

Because deleting mistakes is only moral when they do it

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
I will never understand the mentality that DONALD loving TRUMP is an everyman "just like me!"

Caufman
May 7, 2007

facialimpediment posted:

Neo Know Nothing does not roll off the tongue, but it's how I see Donald.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country
Going back to MS13: it's funny people call them a criminal organization, because they really suck at being criminals. They don't run drugs or untaxed cigarettes, they don't boost cars or middle stolen swag, they don't even deal weed.

They shake down illegals for protection money, but even then it's no guarantee. Sometimes they hack off someone's arm or leg just for the lulz. They're a street gang based around one thing only: violence.

It's nuts, because typically in organized crime and anti-gang work you have drugs, which lead to informants, which leads to actionable intel. Not with MS-13. If someone informs on MS-13 to the local cops or the feds, that's it, they're dead. MS-13 is more paranoid then a tweeker during a drug deal. Protective custody is worse then useless, MS-13 has more members in prison or jail then outside. And why should you inform anyway? As soon as your done snitching ICE will stick you on a plane back to El Salvador.

I don't like that Trump is using this gang for ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION CRACKDOWN, but they are a legit problem.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

BigDave posted:

Going back to MS13: it's funny people call them a criminal organization, because they really suck at being criminals. They don't run drugs or untaxed cigarettes, they don't boost cars or middle stolen swag, they don't even deal weed.

They shake down illegals for protection money, but even then it's no guarantee. Sometimes they hack off someone's arm or leg just for the lulz. They're a street gang based around one thing only: violence.

It's nuts, because typically in organized crime and anti-gang work you have drugs, which lead to informants, which leads to actionable intel. Not with MS-13. If someone informs on MS-13 to the local cops or the feds, that's it, they're dead. MS-13 is more paranoid then a tweeker during a drug deal. Protective custody is worse then useless, MS-13 has more members in prison or jail then outside. And why should you inform anyway? As soon as your done snitching ICE will stick you on a plane back to El Salvador.

I don't like that Trump is using this gang for ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION CRACKDOWN, but they are a legit problem.

Wellllllll....even then, MS-13 is more of a bogeyman than a huge problem. There are much more dangerous and organized gangs.

Ita pretty overblown:

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/06/ms-13-gang-nonsense/

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Maybe Ollie North just wants to help fix the problem he helped create and the only way he knows how is to shoot it since giving it cocaine is hard with his profile these days.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

BigDave posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfevBIsVG1o

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

The mentality that DONALD loving TRUMP is an everyman dumbass "just like me!"

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I don’t want the president to be just like me. I’m an idiot.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
https://twitter.com/theadvocatemag/status/998653177074335745?s=21

:catstare:

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

The loving Advocate? Jesus Christ.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

CommieGIR posted:

Wellllllll....even then, MS-13 is more of a bogeyman than a huge problem. There are much more dangerous and organized gangs.

Ita pretty overblown:

https://www.factcheck.org/2017/06/ms-13-gang-nonsense/

It's really more of a problem to specific regions. Central Long Island, Williamsburg, Charlotte NC, among others.

It's worth mentioning too that the median age of a member is 16. These are for the most part unaccompanied minors.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Fallom posted:

I’m hypernormalized right now.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Up next is an article in Ebony lionizing the FBI

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

facialimpediment posted:

donald trump....... is @dril?????

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

I will never understand the mentality that DONALD loving TRUMP is an everyman "just like me!"

Excuse me he just tells it like it is.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

I’m hypernormalized right now.

I wish Normal Monday was over already

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Kitty died during the night. Rest in peace you little rogue.

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Dance Officer posted:

Kitty died during the night. Rest in peace you little rogue.

Aww :(

What kind of person lets their cat die like this? You were right to be pissed with your dad for not taking them to the vet. At least kitty is in a better place now.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Sorry to hear that man. My old kitty is my large adult son and I would move heaven and earth to keep him alive and happy for as long as possible even if his idea of asking for breakfast in the morning is to gently pat my face with his beans while I'm sleeping until I get up.

Dwanyelle
Jan 13, 2008

ISRAEL DOESN'T HAVE CIVILIANS THEY'RE ALL VALID TARGETS
I'm a huge dickbag ignore me

Fallom posted:

The advocate is a trash magazine for trash people.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!

Torrannor posted:

Aww :(

What kind of person lets their cat die like this? You were right to be pissed with your dad for not taking them to the vet. At least kitty is in a better place now.

My dad is that kind of person. As I understand it, he saw her hiding away in the bushes on Saturday, and not wanting to eat or drink, and thought "well, this is it for her." And that's not unreasonable, because all of the cats that I saw dying did the same thing. But it was supremely lovely of him not to take her to the vet for an expert opinion, because for all we know they could've gone "welp she has a minor infection, here's some antibiotics, and make sure to feed her even if she doesn't want to, and she'll clear right up" or something of that nature.

GoGoGadget
Apr 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/mflynnJR/status/998660562925113345?s=19

Look out, Obummer!

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

The bigliest deals, the best people!

NYT: Chances of China Trade Win Undercut by Trump Team Infighting

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/21/...WT.nav=top-news

quote:

In fact, the Chinese were well aware of the divisions in the administration’s trade team — and set out to exploit them, according to people briefed on the deliberations. They recognized that Mr. Trump’s advisers were split between implacable critics of China, like Mr. Lighthizer and Peter Navarro, the director of the White House national trade council; and free-traders who were more sympathetic, like Mr. Kudlow, Mr. Ross and Mr. Mnuchin, a former Goldman Sachs executive.

The divisions within the American team revolve around whether the United States should try to secure a short-term deal with China that would benefit some industries and avert a potential trade war, a path that Mr. Mnuchin prefers, or whether they should pressure China to make more fundamental changes to its economy, a path that Mr. Navarro and Mr. Lighthizer say is preferable.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
"mark my word"

Which one there, Mikey? You said a few of them

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Schools won't even allow snowball fights, and that's why a psychopath is going to breed with your daughter:

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/997847661192663040

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

mlmp08 posted:

Schools won't even allow snowball fights, and that's why a psychopath is going to breed with your daughter:

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/997847661192663040

Who is this chucklefuck? Walking around sounding like he inhaled Kermit the frog. Is that a honest to God fedora? Is this a parody?
I'm so confused.

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
Jordan Peterson, the dumbass conservative's version of a good life-guru and serious intellectual.

I say dumbass conservative, because smart conservatives know he's full of poo poo and selling snake oil to losers, even if they're willing to cynically use his present appeal to some of their base.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It's like the people who tell you the basic "take responsibility for what you can control, try not to sweat the small poo poo, don't forget to breathe" except it's kermit's voice and he says "get mad, blame someone else, there's a secret system keeping you down"

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Nap Ghost
But he conveniently also says that unless your house is in "perfect order," you have no room to complain about the system with regard to basically anything that's not due to the supposed de-masculation of society.

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

FAUXTON posted:

It's like the people who tell you the basic "take responsibility for what you can control, try not to sweat the small poo poo, don't forget to breathe" except it's kermit's voice and he says "get mad, blame someone else, there's a secret system keeping you down"

It would have been merciful to drown him at birth. Would it be fair to argue that we're going through another great awakening, but in an even dumber fashion? This is going beyong the know-nothings, and luddites, these are all reactionary, radical movements, and seem to exclusively exist to fleece idiots who are already broke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

....it must be nice to be wealthy enough to be this oblivious.

• Locked thread