Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

All these teams are p cool so I just hope everybody has fun!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
bolts-caps finishes tuesday but the final might not start until like next sunday/monday if the hnic panel is to be believed

bush league scheduling if true

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The SCF should start Saturday. Avoids Sunday in which most people (ok, not most) will be watching racing all day long. Monday everyone has off for game 2.

Well most everyone.

fits
Jan 1, 2008

Love Always,
The Captain
Monday May 28
Wednesday May 30
Saturday June 2
Monday June 4
Thursday June 7
Sunday June 10
Wednesday June 13

a six day gap between the end of round 3 and the start of the scf and 4 scf games with two days inbetween then

just lol

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

what price point should i expect for the vegas home games?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

STONE COLD 64 posted:

If you can find them at all, they're going to be at least a couple hundred bucks for the nosebleed section.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Wonderllama posted:

Got the caps right where we want em.

Also, in keeping with the history theme, tampa has literally never played an ECF that didn’t go to game 7

It's true

It's drat true

And I hate it

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Slappy Pappy posted:

Orpik, you’re all right with me. Queue the Game 7 OT defensive zone turnover up the gut...

I believe you mean the Tom Poti Memorial Delay Of Game Penalty.

Against this PP it's basically the same thing.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I think he made a beautiful post and did a great job and he is good.

fits posted:

bolts-caps finishes tuesday but the final might not start until like next sunday/monday if the hnic panel is to be believed

bush league scheduling if true

Wednesday, but yes.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

STONE COLD 64 posted:

The second round were minimum 250

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
Personally, as a Red Wings fan seeing the worst season that I can remember, I can sympathize with Vegas fans watching the worst team in their city's NHL history

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

I am ready to have my heart broken again, you guys.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
Last night was my first live hockey game and my first away game for any of my teams that I root for. It was weird when the Caps scored and everyone around me stood up cheering and I had no one around to share my misery.

However, live hockey fuckin rules. It was like a two hour party and everyone was way more into it than other sports. Maybe that’s just the playoffs though (it was also my first playoff game in any sport).

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

boop the snoot posted:

Last night was my first live hockey game and my first away game for any of my teams that I root for. It was weird when the Caps scored and everyone around me stood up cheering and I had no one around to share my misery.

However, live hockey fuckin rules. It was like a two hour party and everyone was way more into it than other sports. Maybe that’s just the playoffs though (it was also my first playoff game in any sport).

Live overtime/playoff/both hockey is legitimately the most fun sports crowd experience.

The only flyers game I got to this year was when Ms. Exile surprised me with 2 tickets to their game in Columbus and man that tension going into OT is palpable and awesome. It's all the more cranked up when it's a playoff atmosphere.

Mage_Boy
Dec 18, 2003

This hotdog is about as real as your story Steve Simmons

boop the snoot posted:

I wish you got OT playoff hockey for your first. It's something else live. I have season tickets to the WBS Pens, so I get playoffs there, but my first NHL playoff game was 2016 Caps/Pens game 4 which was OT, and that was amazing.

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

boop the snoot posted:

Since it's such an active sport, fans do tend to be more engaged. But last night, because it was a playoff elimination game, it was ramped up to the nth degree. All the hits and scoring chances kept the crowd in it the whole game too. It was a good one!

Jamwad Hilder
Apr 18, 2007

surfin usa
Plus DC fans are pretty chill so you obviously didn't get beat up afterwards

bewbies
Sep 23, 2003

Fun Shoe
blues game 7 in dallas whenever that was owned, lots of fat confused texans

edit - I drank too much and slept in my car until about 4 am, then drove 3 hours to work and gave a KILLER presentation before going home and collapsing

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The moral of the story is that hockey rules and experiencing it live cemented me as a fan. I’ll definitely be going to more caps games to root against them because it’s fun being that guy. Everyone was nice and all the trash talk was good natured.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Yeah hockey is one of those games that is just a billion times better when experienced in person.

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?
Everyone who has ever doubted me on hockey being the best sport to watch has entirely flipped their opinion after i've taken them to a game.

Doubly so if a fight breaks out.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

boop the snoot posted:

The moral of the story is that hockey rules and experiencing it live cemented me as a fan. I’ll definitely be going to more caps games to root against them because it’s fun being that guy. Everyone was nice and all the trash talk was good natured.

Most hockey stadiums have cool and chill people.

Then there’s Philadelphia...

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=
You really can't beat live hockey, but the creation of HDTV really helped the hockey viewing experience too. It's much easier to see the puck and the wider screen allows you to see more of the ice, line changes, etc.

We've been on the Blackhawks season ticket list for like 5 years now and still haven't gotten the call yet. :(

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
Hockey is really fun live. You get a much better appreciation for just how good the players are and how fast the game is.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Cartoon Man posted:

Most hockey stadiums have cool and chill people.

Then there’s Philadelphia...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T-CJXgWtm7U yeah they own

Chad Sexington
May 26, 2005

Jamwad Hilder posted:

Plus DC fans are pretty chill so you obviously didn't get beat up afterwards

I was elucidating on all the ways Tampa is a trash midwestern city transplanted onto a southern coast for the benefit of the Tampa fans in the row in front of me, but yes, nobody gets hurt.

I actually like Tampa. But I've spent enough time there to know which barbs would land.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!

Not enough racism or batteries.

a false
Mar 5, 2009

I DECIDE
WHO LIVES
AND WHO DIES
go bolt's

Wonderllama
Mar 15, 2003

anyone wanna andreyfuck?
I just hope girardi will be able to walk again after these playoffs are over.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Wonderllama posted:

I just hope girardi will be able to walk again after these playoffs are over.

Or Callahan. His entire body is going to be one giant bruise by the time he retires

Sharks Eat Bear
Dec 25, 2004

he just chiming in to say that hockey is fun live

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS3GQverRiQ

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

holy poo poo what an av

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Yeah it is. Love going to the T-Mobile Arena for Knights games, it's nuts there

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.

Sharks Eat Bear posted:

Seriously. Even if it's a local junior or minor team it's still a good time. And like $20.

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

Bill Dungsroman posted:

Yeah it is. Love going to the T-Mobile Arena for Knights games, it's nuts there

Non-playoff Caps games are really fun, and the crowd yesterday sounded amazing, too. The mood changes so fast when the Caps run into adversity in the playoffs though, I sometimes prefer regular season games

Jovial Cow
Sep 7, 2006

inherently good
Honk honk honk

That’s all I think of when I think caps regular season game. Or let’s go caps guy, who I’m still astonished has a voice after a game let alone a season.

Jovial Cow fucked around with this message at 21:27 on May 22, 2018

Carver
Jan 14, 2003

I still wanna know why the pens stole their honking gimmick

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Jovial Cow posted:

Honk honk honk

That’s all I think of when I think caps regular season game. Or let’s go caps guy, who I’m still astonished has a voice after a game let alone a season.

The guy yelling is the GOAT:

The HellHorn is Sam Walk’s wooden vuvuzela.

Here’s an article on it from a few years ago, he makes a new one every season:

https://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2014/10/09/how-the-horn-guy-made-his-2014-15-horn/#more-71886

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

OhDearGodNo posted:

The guy yelling is the GOAT:

The HellHorn is Sam Walk’s wooden vuvuzela.

Here’s an article on it from a few years ago, he makes a new one every season:

https://www.russianmachineneverbreaks.com/2014/10/09/how-the-horn-guy-made-his-2014-15-horn/#more-71886

That's cool, ty. I didn't know it was wooden, handmade, or new every season.

• Locked thread