Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Grognan
Jan 23, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
What's the timeframe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
Can we summon poo poo like tidal waves?

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Outrail posted:

Can we summon poo poo like tidal waves?

Doubt there would be enough water in the lake to support it, but we could probably try.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Nephzinho posted:

Doubt there would be enough water in the lake to support it, but we could probably try.

Also it's a lake, I just want to wash an entire village into the lake.

It might be a good idea to assassinate the hero before they know we're there. He's old and we have access to a whole bunch of nasty sea toxins. Hit hi with some blue ringed octopus venom and he'll stop breathing in about an hour, looks like natural causes.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Outrail posted:

Also it's a lake, I just want to wash an entire village into the lake.

It might be a good idea to assassinate the hero before they know we're there. He's old and we have access to a whole bunch of nasty sea toxins. Hit hi with some blue ringed octopus venom and he'll stop breathing in about an hour, looks like natural causes.

Yeah i was thinking earlier we will probably want to do some kind of little critter to sneak in and poison him before we do literally anything else.

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Too bad we look monstrous, was going to suggest, we have magic and a sapphire mine, should try to go all Needful Things and get the villages to attack each other for us.
Just practice Randall Flagging the poo poo out of place.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Lets worry about how to murder everyone once we get the lay of the land, still need to negotiate our fee and bonus structure before getting to work.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
How close are the villages to the next kingdom.

If we can force them into the next kingdom via natural disaster/crab plague we could argue we'd satisfied the conditions, and then charge the next kingdom to get rid of them when they have no support options.

Also, it should be relatively trivial to blackmail/extort the king, he did take a hit out on his own people. That'd gently caress us up going forward though.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Do we get vetoes? I'd like to veto plan "Piss off our employer's employer"

We seem to be narrowing in on 6k + hero bounty as a starting offer with 5k flat as our hard floor.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Splicer posted:

We seem to be narrowing in on 6k + hero bounty as a starting offer with 5k flat as our hard floor.

Yeah we are not backstabbing our prime contractor or pissing off the end client.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

It's a perfect day for some mayhem!

Honestly, we might not even have to get our hands dirty if we can engineer some poison into their existing catches.

At the very least we could give the entire militia and the hero food poisoning and just go execute the entire village while they're on the shitter.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸
Don't try to poison a high level Rogue.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.
Lake, huh? Time for a mosquito-born plague.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

6k + hero slaying bonuses as an opener.

Step one: hybridize the wildlife
Step two: use them to cut off all external communications so the rogue can’t call old buddies for help
Step three: occupy the village without a hero and hybridize the survivors
Step four: hit the hero with everything we’ve got
Step five: mop up

Poison and tricks are risky to use against a veteran rogue. I’d expect them to have some form of danger sense, to have contingencies in place, and to be smart enough to call for backup.

As such controlling communications first and striking the hero with overwhelming force seems prudent. If we strike with insufficient force the rogue is liable to slip away, at which point we’d be vulnerable to guerrilla attacks and direct assassination.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

malbogio posted:

6k + hero slaying bonuses as an opener.

Step one: hybridize the wildlife
Step two: use them to cut off all external communications so the rogue can’t call old buddies for help
Step three: occupy the village without a hero and hybridize the survivors
Step four: hit the hero with everything we’ve got
Step five: mop up

Poison and tricks are risky to use against a veteran rogue. I’d expect them to have some form of danger sense, to have contingencies in place, and to be smart enough to call for backup.

As such controlling communications first and striking the hero with overwhelming force seems prudent. If we strike with insufficient force the rogue is liable to slip away, at which point we’d be vulnerable to guerrilla attacks and direct assassination.

This

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

Malaria.

malbogio
Jan 19, 2015

Pfft. Nah. We give the mosquitos a disease which turns people into mosquito people. Desperately hungry vampires with insect wings and a proboscis like a spear. Start a plague of bloodsuckers that consumes the whole continent.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Contracts first, then recon, then plan. Getting way ahead of ourselves.

Blasphemaster
Jul 10, 2008

malbogio posted:

Pfft. Nah. We give the mosquitos a disease which turns people into mosquito people. Desperately hungry vampires with insect wings and a proboscis like a spear. Start a plague of bloodsuckers that consumes the whole continent.

We're a laser guided bomb in our task. A JDAM, not TSAR BOMBA.

We do our stuff and gently caress off.

Maybe there's side profit here, but it would be great if we could achieve our goal and maintain relative anonymity.

E: [removed an rear end in a top hat jab] we could spread a supervirulent malaria, then spread a strain that causes the carriers to hunt carriers of all malaria strains.

poo poo. Patent that and sell it to our alignment-challenged counterparts. Good everything vector for cures and such.

Profit?

Blasphemaster fucked around with this message at 04:36 on May 19, 2018

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

We capture the rogue, break him down like we did the aspiring hero girl, let him know his king wants him and his entire village dead and working for us is a way out.

I'm thinking we go with crayfish for this job.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Go big. Or go home.

“Six thousand gold terrors. That’s my bid.” Sarga replies. She feels she lowballed the last job, now she’s going big. She can sense an eyebrow being raised even if there is no eyebrow physically present. “Also, what’s the timescale on this?”
“Five thousand half now, half on completion, with a two thousand bonus if you manage to go undetected by the locals. That’s on a national scale, not a local one - I don’[t care if they see you rising twenty feet tall on a geyser of blood, as long as no one survives to report about it. As for the timescale,I would expect this be be done quickly, within a month or two.” Gol intones. “Do you think you can handle that?”
“Of course my lord. That sounds fair.”
“Excellent. Then you are hearbye bound by law to this contract. Good luck, may the waters run red with peasant blood.” Such an old fashioned way of saying goodbye, it’s quite quaint.

Returning to the all, Sarga checks her account, and sees the money has already been deposited.
Returning to her lodgings, she checks out the lake, and sees it is quite densely inhabited. The entire rim is ringed with villages, each a days travel from each other. Ten in total. The lake itself is clear and blue, and quite deep in the center. The edges are calm beaches apart from one area of swamp where the river enters, and a steep gully where the water exits again.

Where do we make out lair?
A - In the Bottom of the lake.
B - In the Swamp.
C - In the gully.

How big a lair do we build?
1 - Do we cast a spell to shape the lair?
A - A large bedroom or Lab/cell area would be 15 mana each.
B - A small bedroom or Lab/cell area would be 5 mana each.
Magical construction would take three days.

2 - Do we hire some deep ones to build us a lair?
A - A large bedroom or Lab/cell area would be 300 Gold each
B - A small bedroom or Lab/cell area would be 100 gold each
Physical construction would take a week.

3 - We will need larger areas - (Can take multiples)
A - Add a room for Seaglass (5M/100g)
B - Add a barracks for minions (20m/400g)
C - Add defences - 5M/100g per level.

4 - Is there anything else we want? (open question, I will supply costs if/when needed.)

[i]

quote:

Mana = 45/45
Gold = 3,400

Minions -
Seaglass, the Stingray Lieutenant.

At the Sapphire Isle
Valen Haardckla, Supervizor.
2 Mantis-pistol-shrimp man.
4 Crabbersons.
Mining rate - 250 gold a week.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Lake

1 B - Let's build a small bedroom and a small lab for now
2 A - Large main cell area

A - Use mana
B - Hire deep ones
C - Hire deep ones, make it so the entire dungeon can be flooded if raided.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

A. Swamp. We can make use of the mud and rough terrain to capture any villagers who venture into the area and keep them from escaping. We also will be able to mess with the lake at its water source, or if we're going to try to mess with mosquitos or any other plague carrier the swamp is where they will be. We may end up building a dam on the gully so we definitely don't want to be there when people come to investigate it.

1.B. Small lair, small lab, build with Magic. We're on the clock and have a lot of killing to do.

Add a room for Seaglass and build a number of defenses around the swamp -- its already naturally difficult terrain and shouldn't be hard to weaponize into traps. Do these via gold while we're sculpting magic - the timing to build these smaller components should be in line with the time it takes us to magic up the core construction.

How much wood/muck is there in the swamp? We will want to start throwing everything we discard from construction into the lake with as muck as possible to start clogging the gully and backing up the lake so that it starts to fester/rise.
Are there grain silos or other food stores we can poison? If we start floating plagued bloated corpses into the lake, would the villagers fish them out and be around for an explosion of puss and plague?

Nephzinho fucked around with this message at 13:37 on May 22, 2018

Rockopolis
Dec 21, 2012

I MAKE FUN OF QUEER STORYGAMES BECAUSE I HAVE NOTHING BETTER TO DO WITH MY LIFE THAN MAKE OTHER PEOPLE CRY

I can't understand these kinds of games, and not getting it bugs me almost as much as me being weird
Go full Yorkshireman and live in A Lake.

1 Magic
B Small bedroom for us

2 Hire
A Large Lab
B Large Cells

A Magic up a room for Seaglass - or tell her to try her hand (flipper?) at making one

Gotta ask, does Sarga actually have any understanding of disease? Has the germ theory of disease been developed? Hell, is it even valid in this setting, or is it all plague spirits and poo poo?
More importantly, are there already plague cults or guilds that do this? Pretty sure biowarfare is an occupation you absolutely do not want to be scabbing in.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Nephzinho posted:

A. Swamp. We can make use of the mud and rough terrain to capture any villagers who venture into the area and keep them from escaping. We also will be able to mess with the lake at its water source, or if we're going to try to mess with mosquitos or any other plague carrier the swamp is where they will be. We may end up building a dam on the gully so we definitely don't want to be there when people come to investigate it.

1.B. Small lair, small lab, build with Magic. We're on the clock and have a lot of killing to do.

Add a room for Seaglass and build a number of defenses around the swamp -- its already naturally difficult terrain and shouldn't be hard to weaponize into traps. Do these via gold while we're sculpting magic - the timing to build these smaller components should be in line with the time it takes us to magic up the core construction.

How much wood/muck is there in the swamp? We will want to start throwing everything we discard from construction into the lake with as muck as possible to start clogging the gully and backing up the lake so that it starts to fester/rise.
Are there grain silos or other food stores we can poison? If we start floating plagued bloated corpses into the lake, would the villagers fish them out and be around for an explosion of puss and plague?

This all sounds good.

I'm really on board with the idea of some horrific plague wiping out/weakening everyone. While that's happening we can start using some captured peasants and morph them into a small army we can use to mop up the survivors.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Outrail posted:

This all sounds good.

I'm really on board with the idea of some horrific plague wiping out/weakening everyone. While that's happening we can start using some captured peasants and morph them into a small army we can use to mop up the survivors.

Yep Plan Neph minus the gully blocking stuff.

Definitely seems like plague is the way to go. Such a course of action would draw cleric heroes so we should prepare for them. The standard "who will you save, priest?" traps. Also need to look into making a deadly moppet or two. Helpless waif in distress unhinges its jaws and takes the head off whoever "rescues" it.

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Not Alex posted:

Yep Plan Neph minus the gully blocking stuff.

Gully blocking serves two very important purposes if we're going for plagueish things -- it makes sure that the lake stops flowing and can stagnant well, and it draws attention to the complete wrong location for any villager efforts to get the water flowing again once they realize the lake is festering.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

It just doesn't seem like we're going to stop up a lake of this size like that. It's at least 400 kilometers around given the number of villages and travel time.

Edit: also the king hired us to protect fish stocks. We shouldn't actually change the aquatic ecosystem that much.

Not Alex fucked around with this message at 21:13 on May 22, 2018

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Not Alex posted:

Edit: also the king hired us to protect fish stocks. We shouldn't actually change the aquatic ecosystem that much.

King didn't hire us, we're subcontracting!

Lich hired us to murder a shitload of people, preferably quietly.

Nephzinho posted:

This sounds like a good start!

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Relentless posted:

King didn't hire us, we're subcontracting!

Lich hired us to murder a shitload of people, preferably quietly.

Splicer posted:

Also, plagues have a nasty habit of getting out of hand. It's almost like they're contagious.

Relentless
Sep 22, 2007

Splicer posted:

Also, plagues have a nasty habit of getting out of hand. It's almost like they're contagious.

I'm not advocating full plague, just some mild to moderate food poisoning.

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

I advocate not so much a plague as a mass poisoning, spread on the swarms produced by our man/mosquito hybrids.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Lets mix up the best bits of Influenza, Ebola and Malaria, with some sort of time limit cut off that causes it to die out after X weeks.

Influ-bol-aria.

I'm sure influenza's propensity for rapid mutation won't bite us in the rear end.

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Im in favor of anything that involves the phrase 'cytokine storm'

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

plan Outrail plus Not Alexes Deathmoppets

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

Loel posted:

Im in favor of anything that involves the phrase 'cytokine storm'

That's loving horrific. +1

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Outrail posted:

That's loving horrific. +1

The very early early timeline of my fic is ... an interesting place :v:

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Swamp lair ahoy!

The gorge was to open, and the bottom of the lake to well frequented. And while the swamp may sound like a bad place to live, it mainly acted as a giant filter to keep the lake waters clear of sediment.

Sarga gets to work sculpting her lair. While she began to work on her room and lab, Seaglass got in contract with a swampthing construction company who began working on her room and setting three lots of traps on the obvious approaches. These were bogs and other natural hazards designed not to be flashy in any way.

This was going to be a much more modest lair, this was an in, murder everything and out job. The construction work took a few days,and installing her lab and belongings took the time up to a week.

The rooms were small, but comfortable, and the entrance was through an especially large fallen tree, nicely camouflaged from prying eyes. Here she could access the river that fed the lake, and easily move. The locals would avoid this place, as many peasants still thought swamps were places of ill humors and full of monsters.
They would be right about this place, but only in the last few days.

“Mistress. What are your plans?” Asks Seaglass. Sarga is still not sure how her lieutenant feel about this, she is quiet most of the time - brooding on revenge, or just going along and adjusting to her new form, only time would tell.
“Seaglass, we’re going to kill a whole load of people.”

quote:

Mana = 42/45
Gold = 3,000

Minions -
Seaglass, the Stingray Lieutenant.

At the Sapphire Isle
Valen Haardckla, Supervizor.
2 Mantis-pistol-shrimp man.
4 Crabbersons.
Mining rate - 250 gold a week. (1 crate on hand)

Open question how shall we begin the cull?

Sorry for the slowdown, work has been busy and my free time has dried up a bit. It should sort itself after the bank holidays are over. And I’ve had my week off with limited net access….

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN
Crocodilemen! Using the usual legends of Wil 'O Wisps and Foxfire we lure some people to the swamp for capture. We leave some of their belongings behind by quicksand or a mud hole or somewhere dangerous to keep the heat off us. Then we breed a bunch of Crocmen, give them clubs, and have them wipe a village off the map.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Begin filling the lake with debris that will flow towards and clog the gully. Once fresh water has stopped flowing the lake will begin to stagnate as we make sure the swamp doesn't do its job of filtering the water coming into the lake. We can begin collecting specimens around the swamp of crocs, mosquitos-- anything bitey or plaguey-- to work on spreading filth once the water turns in a week or so.