Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

One year of undergrad in Canada (at least my province) is around 2,000 US. You guys hosed up

we hosed up? no, a handful of assholes gamed this poo poo, and then our president at the time handed them all a big loving bag of cash. oh, good job!

one semester of undergrad at a state school was $2000 when i started university. which i guess was just the right time because i didn't have very much in the way of loans when i finished. both tuition and housing experienced a 33% increase the semester after i left.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The reason I managed to avoid getting saddled with mountains of student debt was that my parents took out a loan for it instead. But my dad is terrible at managing money so after a decade the principal has barely been paid down and in his old age he's just stopped paying all of his debts and hoping to outrun the consequences in death

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I keep getting promotional mailers from my bank telling me they'll give me a whole $200 if I open a new account and maintain a balance of $15,000 for 3 months. Who does that appeal to, it's like a 2% return, if I had $15k to just move around and let sit for 90 days maybe but they should know based on my account history that I've never had anything close to that in it. Stop wasting paper, bank.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Also I had to block my undergraduate university on my phone because twice a year every year since I graduated they have been soliciting donations and the only thing preventing me from yelling on the phone "You loving assholes, your endowment is gigantic and I paid you out the rear end for tuition, maybe call me in 15 years" is that the person on the phone is an underpaid student worker

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

your endowment is gigantic

😳

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I got a TFSA when they were running a promotion for 2% interest for the next six months and now it's down to 1.1% but there aren't any charges and if there was a minimum it sure as hell wasn't 15k. Canadian here, guess it's different in the States. My regular savings did offer a garbage interest rate though, yeah, but I've closed that now.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

My credit union hides all the good deals on their page buried under three links.

I'm working on incorporating myself so I can write off a car and my office as business expenses and pay for trips. If the Republicans are going to give my mortgage interest deduction to people who make over 500k I'm going to abuse every obscure tax law I can discover. Why yes, my corgi which got certified as a guard dog in a weekend seminar guards my house, a place of business so I would like a return for vet expenses and squeaky balls tyia

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

al-azad posted:

My credit union hides all the good deals on their page buried under three links.

I'm working on incorporating myself so I can write off a car and my office as business expenses and pay for trips. If the Republicans are going to give my mortgage interest deduction to people who make over 500k I'm going to abuse every obscure tax law I can discover. Why yes, my corgi which got certified as a guard dog in a weekend seminar guards my house, a place of business so I would like a return for vet expenses and squeaky balls tyia

Unfortunately you're at least one hundred times more likely to be audited and jailed for tax evasion than any of them

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm more likely to be shot by a cop so I'll take tax evasion as the way to go out.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

homeless snail posted:

buy that nendo

can't find the one that made me fall in love with racing miku it was this outfit https://otakumode.com/shop/5823e27f746905a32b1a7c2d/Racing-Miku-2016-Ver-1-8-Scale-Figure but i don't think it was that pose. e; it totally was someone posted it in the merch thread. love that miku.

shoutout to the thailand versions though https://otakumode.com/shop/5604bb390ebd45650d908c4a/Racing-Miku-Thailand-Ver https://otakumode.com/shop/5a94cb6995141e594b35e243/Racing-Miku-2016-Thai-Ver

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 02:52 on May 23, 2018

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

RIP free time forever

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Internet Kraken posted:

JRPG combat can get super grindy but at least the start of the genre had a significant focus on story and, most importantly, a defined end goal for the game.

That's the insidious part of all these modern grind games: they never end. They try to get you to play them as much as possible and build up an investment in them, which keeps you from wanting to abandon them. You just end up digging a deeper hole the more you play them.

I love Victoria 2

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I am gonna have to pace myself on all these Yakuzas.

Looking forward to Kiwami 2 though

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Wow, Thailand is horny

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

those aren't even nendos

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
i don't know what any of the japanese character toy words actually mean i'm so sorry everyone

e; thats a lie i know this is a nendo https://otakumode.com/shop/57466150ca99b70e74deba83/Goodsmile-Racing-Personal-Sponsorship-2016-Nendoroid-Course-8000JPY-Level

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I like it when humanoids wear people clothes

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSRvWTvPkAE

this song was composed by the same man who did an operatic ace combat ballad about fighter jets and a mr. driller credits song about a couple drinking wine the night before their wedding

i'm sad go shiina doesn't work at namco bandai anymore because. i want this man to put insane vocal songs about completely irrelevant poo poo in every game ever

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I can't get original DDP or Daioujou to work on MAME and that makes me sad

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DisDisDis posted:

I can't get original DDP or Daioujou to work on MAME and that makes me sad

what version are you using? they work fine on .184, so maybe try going down to that cause MAME versions can be pretty picky

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
.165 they don't show up in my list at all but they're in my rom folder

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

DisDisDis posted:

.165 they don't show up in my list at all but they're in my rom folder

use .184 imo, .165 is super old and has a way more annoying ui and a lack of graphical settings so there's no way to turn off filtering and stuff and everything looks real blurry

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
wait I didn't have BL in there but I downloaded it and it shows up but it's missing 'rom or chd images'

I'll try 184

e; 184 just hangs on a black screen for a while, idk i'll mess around with it more another day

DisDisDis fucked around with this message at 03:35 on May 23, 2018

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

what is your favorite game boy advance color*

*that isn't clear

al-azad
May 28, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

*that isn't clear

lol if your GBA analogy doesn't have a clear model that's powered by a little gremlin on a hamster wheel.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

The White Dragon posted:

*that isn't clear
clear

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i got this one as a christmas gift and i liked it a lot

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

Jay Rust posted:

Thanks for the replies! I’ll stick with 1

also poe 2 has a lot of bugs and lacks polish right now, so waiting on a few patches might not be the worst idea

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
i had a purple GBA

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Finally started Celeste. The Switch d pad sucks. Game is good but unless it picks up it's overhyped. No way what I've played so far surpasses Rayman Legends, Yoshi's Island, or Mischief Makers for my favorite 2D platformer

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
it picks up

An Actual Princess
Dec 23, 2006

i'm not gonna say it's better than yoshi's island but it's still incredibly good

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Yoshi's Flippin Island

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

help i cant stop playing splatoon 2

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I want to play some games, but I need to take care of some work stuff because I likely won't have time to do it tomorrow morning.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Celestes level 6 is really good the rest was ok.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I played the first two stages and their B sides tonight and my thumb hurts, the switch d pad is so bad

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

A callus on your thumb is a mark of gamer pride. Impress your friends

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Jay Rust posted:

A callus on your thumb is a mark of gamer pride. Impress your friends

if you're a console peasant, sure

the real mark of pride is when it's on the ball of your wrist on your mouse hand :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Guilty...

• Locked thread