Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Skwirl posted:

Don't you work at a pizza place? Anyone who goes to a pizza joint and orders steak already has suspect taste.

Dog, we don't serve steak.

But we do serve those cheese steak patties but that ain't no steak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Ranch is loving gross.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Which is worse, ranch or ketchup?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

A Man and his dog posted:

Dog, we don't serve steak.

But we do serve those cheese steak patties but that ain't no steak.

WTF is a cheese steak patty?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Phanatic posted:

WTF is a cheese steak patty?

Wooooo son.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Field Mousepad posted:

It's amazing on anything, no bullshit. I've been tweaking it for like 15 years.

Disqualified, then.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I too am curious about this cheese steak patty.

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
i liek to mix ranch and ketchup and then eat it on my toast I call it a "orange toastie" (:

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Note the username. I'm from Philly. I have never heard of a 'cheese steak patty.'

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Nooner posted:

i liek to mix ranch and ketchup and then eat it on my toast I call it a "orange toastie" (:

trigger warning that poo poo.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Nooner posted:

You are the devil.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
How have you guys never seen one of these ?!?!

Mezzanon
Sep 16, 2003

Pillbug

How have you guys never seen one of these ?!?!

why are you showing us pictures of trash?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Oh. A puck of sliced beef from Sysco or whoever that gets turned into a cheesesteak?

Sure, okay. I've never heard that called a cheesesteak patty.

Naelyan
Jul 21, 2007

Fun Shoe

Mezzanon posted:

why are you showing us pictures of trash?

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
YELLS FROM IVORY TOWER!

*hey I just work here*

Babylon Astronaut
Apr 19, 2012
I've honestly never seen shatterpack beef. What's the USDA grade, if you don't mind me asking?

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Today I watched a co worker gently caress up making rice crispy treats so awfully I can't even comprehend how he thought it was the right process.
It started with him putting tubs of marshmallow creme in a mixing bowl, adding bags of marshmallows, then bags of rice crispies, then a big pitcher of melted butter.
The end product looks like some kind of paté.
He insists it just needs to set up overnight to be able to be cut.
This is a man who has worked here for 30+ years.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Thumposaurus posted:

Today I watched a co worker gently caress up making rice crispy treats so awfully I can't even comprehend how he thought it was the right process.
It started with him putting tubs of marshmallow creme in a mixing bowl, adding bags of marshmallows, then bags of rice crispies, then a big pitcher of melted butter.
The end product looks like some kind of paté.
He insists it just needs to set up overnight to be able to be cut.
This is a man who has worked here for 30+ years.

Report back tomorrow, maybe he's right?

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Field Mousepad posted:

White people ruin everything I swear

As a white person, I mean, yeah, they do.

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.

Phanatic posted:

Oh. A puck of sliced beef from Sysco or whoever that gets turned into a cheesesteak?

Sure, okay. I've never heard that called a cheesesteak patty.

It's sold as Ribeye Shaved, Philly Select/Choice/Prime. I use it for our hot sandwich lunch menu, decent product, beats having to slice my own.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

It's sold as Ribeye Shaved, Philly Select/Choice/Prime. I use it for our hot sandwich lunch menu, decent product, beats having to slice my own.

Oh yeah, I wasn't making GBS threads on it, that's what most sandwich shops use for their steaks, the ones that slice it themselves from ribeyes are relatively few (and some of those turn out really lovely steaks so it's not like a guarantee of quality or anything). I've just never heard it called that, and 'cheese steak patty' sounded like some abortion like you'd get in Ohio or somewhere where they don't know what food is.

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Phanatic posted:

Oh yeah, I wasn't making GBS threads on it, that's what most sandwich shops use for their steaks, the ones that slice it themselves from ribeyes are relatively few (and some of those turn out really lovely steaks so it's not like a guarantee of quality or anything). I've just never heard it called that, and 'cheese steak patty' sounded like some abortion like you'd get in Ohio or somewhere where they don't know what food is.

I'm moving from Los Angeles to Ohio. Should I just kill myself now?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Dude no. Don't go there.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Errant Gin Monks posted:

I'm moving from Los Angeles to Ohio. Should I just kill myself now?

Woooo son..... I'm gonna take this slow...

You gonna have a cultural shock.

Be cool. But man you gonna be a long way from home.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Basically Ohio is loving crazy.... in a bad way.

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

-Blade

I'm assuming it's for a job?

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

We have good beer in Ohio. Behind Michigan and parts of the coasts but better than anywhere else (we are all alcoholics)

which city are you going to?

Errant Gin Monks
Oct 2, 2009

"Yeah..."
- Marshawn Lynch
:hawksin:

Shooting Blanks posted:

I'm assuming it's for a job?

Yes. Same job and company they just offered a relocation to me. I took it because I'm tired of paying 30k a year in rent.

Submarine Sandpaper posted:

We have good beer in Ohio. Behind Michigan and parts of the coasts but better than anywhere else (we are all alcoholics)

which city are you going to?

Columbus. I just visited last week. It was nice. The traffic was nonexistent. Short North was very fun.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

oh that's the one city I know nothing about :(

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Report back tomorrow, maybe he's right?

No he's wrong. He's always wrong.
It's a union joint there's not much the chef can do about it.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

I don't even mean to rag on Ohio that much. It's just that Cincinnati chili is an abomination that scarred me forever.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I can't say it enough, that poo poo is awful.

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

I'm pretty sure skylines are as far north as Columbus

Cleveland is spared somehow, Toledo has Tony Pacos to defend it.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Tony Pacos is amazing I'll give you that.

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
What is Tony Pacos ?!?!

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

What is Tony Pacos ?!?!

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=What+is+Tony+Pacos

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Thanks for showing me how to use google.

Now eat this from Tony Pacos:

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Mmmmm the chili dripping down your chin. The heats on in the Arizona summer. 90 degrees.

You gotta eat the whole thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Submarine Sandpaper
May 27, 2007

that's the dog sauce not their chili. unlike skyline they realize that those two ought to be different