Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ajkalan
Aug 17, 2011

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

where the gently caress do I get the Anangham gate key in Mor Ardain? I'm trying to find it with google, and not really finding anything helpful.

It's a red item on the ground in the Fief of Forgetfulness, a place I wouldn't have found without looking it up. (If you haven't discovered the location, look for a walkway under one of the bridges into the city, and jump to a collection point on a ledge below you to find the path. You must be at low tide to get there.)

Edit: Look for this path:

And jump to this ledge:

Oops, there's a character spoiler in here.

Double oops, also an end-game spoiler. I'm bad at this.

ajkalan fucked around with this message at 07:04 on May 24, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"
Also a bit of a story spoiler too :ssh: "First Low Orbit Station"

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Louisgod posted:

Maybe a dumb question but does anybody know if you download the soundtrack from iTunes if you can get mp3s of the songs? Soundtrack is coming out tomorrow.

I don't know about iTunes but you can get it on Amazon instead if that's easier: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D1C6NN1/

Unfortunately I don't see any option for FLAC available outside of Japan.

Gwyrgyn Blood fucked around with this message at 15:23 on May 23, 2018

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

I don't know about iTunes but you can get it on Amazon instead if that's easier: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07D1C6NN1/

Hell yeah, this works too, bought. Thanks for the link.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Shouldn't be a surprise but the sound quality difference with the official soundtrack is staggering. Switch compression has got to be brutal. Also, some songs have actually been changed in noticeable ways, a few got new endings (instead of fades), some the instruments seem different (see Those Who Stand Against Our Path).

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

ajkalan posted:

It's a red item on the ground in the Fief of Forgetfulness, a place I wouldn't have found without looking it up. (If you haven't discovered the location, look for a walkway under one of the bridges into the city, and jump to a collection point on a ledge below you to find the path. You must be at low tide to get there.)

Edit: Look for this path:

And jump to this ledge:

Oops, there's a character spoiler in here.

Thanks bud. got it.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

It's available in the iTunes store too! Finally, I've been waiting for this for so long

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Shouldn't be a surprise but the sound quality difference with the official soundtrack is staggering. Switch compression has got to be brutal. Also, some songs have actually been changed in noticeable ways, a few got new endings (instead of fades), some the instruments seem different (see Those Who Stand Against Our Path).

I'd guess the OST is the original recording of the songs as they were intended to be heard whereas the songs in game are cut to align with whatever they needed. I'm really, really happy to have the OST as it's magical and one of the best in any game.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

That second Lila fight in the factory is wrecking my poo poo.

Edit: finally beat it on the 4th try.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 04:07 on May 24, 2018

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

1.4.1 drops on the 25th.

https://twitter.com/XenobladeJP/status/999486299017957377

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

so, just a few new quests then? Unless I missed something?

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Yeah might be some bug fixes too but this isn't the Hard/Challenge modes patch.

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Am in the middle of the whole ursula grind/mass quest completion thing that is happening because I saved most of the quest turn ins until I had all party members to maximize trust gain for all my rare blades.

Percival is hilarious because he looks like he came out of the final fantasy 6 lineart style... and he is literally batman, complete with a joker type figure obsessed with him.

Then I got godfrey, and the merc missions and his voicelines make him into superman.

And then I got Perun, and saw I could start a DLC quest that needed all 3.

It was like I was watching batman, superman, and wonder woman. Can't complete it because I need level 3 in all their uniques, but the inital response was amazing

And Boreas is the flash with how he can zip onto other titans and back in an instant.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
The soundtrack is so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so goooooooooooood. Buy it immediately. It's great having access to every song, finally.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Louisgod posted:

The soundtrack is so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so goooooooooooood. Buy it immediately. It's great having access to every song, finally.

:hai:

hell even the "opening a core crystal" theme sounds amazing in the ost despite it also giving me horrible ptsd

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
I blew all the cores i brought into ng+ and Im still missing sever.

Almost 300 cores, Jesus wept

WalrusWhiskers
Nov 1, 2010

He's got no teeth, see?
Fun Shoe

Louisgod posted:

Agreed! The soundrack owns bones. Buy it immediately. I've been looking forward to listening to Our Eternal Land and We Are the Chosen Ones (day and night version of Indoline) for quite a while now.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

any tips for Aeshma's Core on the back of the titan? I get the power lines down to half health and the core just wrecks my poo poo. Seems like a big difficulty spike.

Also any good places for grinding experience around Chapter 5?

Pharohman777
Jan 14, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Any advice for azure reginald? when he enrages he gets this aoe move that launches everyone, and that usually ends up leading to a wipe.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009

any tips for Aeshma's Core on the back of the titan? I get the power lines down to half health and the core just wrecks my poo poo. Seems like a big difficulty spike.

Also any good places for grinding experience around Chapter 5?

You just made an unintentional pun about your issue; at half health it starts doing spike damage (as in you take damage with every attack). Try and build up a chain attack to finish it off or equip aux cores that lower spike damage

Omobono
Feb 19, 2013

That's it! No more hiding in tomato crates! It's time to show that idiota Germany how a real nation fights!

For pasta~! CHARGE!

Spike damage is the thing I would no question excise from the Xenoblade battle system. In the first game, I gave everybody two -50% spike gems as soon as I could forge them.
I really like the improvements on the break/topple/daze system we have in 2 though.

For that story boss in particular, try to build as many elemental orbs as possible and wipe it in a chain attack; if it fails, the decoy add does not have spike damage so switch to that when you need to recover. Or outfit every blade you have in spike damage reduction, but that's a bloody pain.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

Sudden Javelin posted:

You just made an unintentional pun about your issue; at half health it starts doing spike damage (as in you take damage with every attack). Try and build up a chain attack to finish it off or equip aux cores that lower spike damage

Awesome... pretty sure I sold all my spike damage cores because I thought I would never use them. fantastic.

Dr. Cool Aids
Jul 6, 2009
If you can build up a few orbs before half health the chain attack method will be fine. I don't think I used spike cores for that fight

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Omobono posted:

Spike damage is the thing I would no question excise from the Xenoblade battle system. In the first game, I gave everybody two -50% spike gems as soon as I could forge them.
I really like the improvements on the break/topple/daze system we have in 2 though.

I didn't mind it that much in 1 because it seemed like enough enemies had it that it was pretty reasonable to have some anti-spike gems equipped at all times, or at least have some in your inventory, but in 2 I can only remember two enemies that had it, so it's like this huge non-factor, except for these two battles where you really need it. I don't remember anything in X having it at all.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
When should I start trying to get blades? I'm still at chapter 3 but I read its best to wait until you've got high luck and don't want to waste all the cores I got from the dlc and such.

Is there a way to save scum it at all?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Kin posted:

When should I start trying to get blades? I'm still at chapter 3 but I read its best to wait until you've got high luck and don't want to waste all the cores I got from the dlc and such.

Is there a way to save scum it at all?

It saves before you open it.

Just open them. Common blades are just as important. Some of the best blades are Common blades, because of Orb Master.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Tae posted:

It saves before you open it.

Just open them. Common blades are just as important. Some of the best blades are Common blades, because of Orb Master.

Also just through sheer quantity you'll probably come away with 95-99% of the Rare Blades by the end of a regular playthrough.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Awesome... pretty sure I sold all my spike damage cores because I thought I would never use them. fantastic.

lol why would you think this

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

TurnipFritter posted:

I didn't mind it that much in 1 because it seemed like enough enemies had it that it was pretty reasonable to have some anti-spike gems equipped at all times, or at least have some in your inventory, but in 2 I can only remember two enemies that had it, so it's like this huge non-factor, except for these two battles where you really need it. I don't remember anything in X having it at all.
Didn’t 1 also have ways of cancelling spike damage without equipping things too? I remember Shulk having a monado art that would do it and I think if you toppled or dazed an enemy they wouldn’t inflict damage while they were down.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
So, is there a reason why so much anime fan service got injected into this?

Like, did they mistakenly hire a perverted art director or something.

I just got through the Inn scene in chapter 4 and don't remember anything this bad in XBC1.

In fact other than the insane heights of the plot and giant robots, I recall the original being quite mature in its presentation and wasn't that a mega hit everywhere?

It's almost like whoever made this has so far misunderstood everything that made the original game so highly regarded.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kin posted:

I just got through the Inn scene in chapter 4 and don't remember anything this bad in XBC1.

In fact other than the insane heights of the plot and giant robots, I recall the original being quite mature in its presentation and wasn't that a mega hit everywhere?

It's almost like whoever made this has so far misunderstood everything that made the original game so highly regarded.

It's because they wanted to and it wasn't a mistaken hire, OP.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

This is the best selling game in the franchise so expect more of it next time

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

XBC2 doesn't feature constant creep shots on a little girl so the fan service isn't that bad imo

Shadowlyger
Nov 5, 2009

ElvUI super fan at your service!

Ask me any and all questions about UI customization via PM

Kin posted:

That's every art director.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Shadowlyger posted:

That's every art director.

At least these are literal babies

Kin posted:

Fan service in a video game??????

Anime fan service in an anime game?????

Recoils in shock oh my

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

You can easily get some more in the area leading up to the boss. I think the big lizard things drop them often.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Kin posted:

Nah that part was on purpose.

I never used them. What you want to do is chain attack the core once it hits half HP. Build up some elemental orbs and burst a couple and you'll take it down.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i want to like this because i haven't played a good rpg in a while but Jesus why do i always need to play as like a little kid and poo poo? am i doomed to play as a child in a onesie for the entire game?

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

i want to like this because i haven't played a good rpg in a while but Jesus why do i always need to play as like a little kid and poo poo? am i doomed to play as a child in a onesie for the entire game?

you can opt not to use him, but yeah, he's kinda central to the story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Blade
Feb 25, 2013

Kin posted:

Maybe they gave up on telling a good story and chose to make a really bad harem video game instead.